• Topic is favorited by 274 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

53663951190_696642b1ae_c (resized).jpg
53663311748_14568d061c_c (resized).jpg
53662225557_f2e8f3ac6e_k (resized).jpg
Williams_1991_Terminator_2_Judgment_Day_Manual_-_Update.pdf (PDF preview)
A2_Feature_Adjustments_(Update).pdf (PDF preview)
Terminator2_L8_4.pdf (PDF preview)
53639132189_e8b428873f_k (resized).jpg
53639132179_2f5a4b2c09_k (resized).jpg
IMG_5447 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5475 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5462 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240401_002830006 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240401_002816443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_192714330 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_192724360 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_192719354 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider retroware99.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7895 4 years ago

I just picked up a T2 with a bunch of minor issues and have most of them sorted. But, I have a somewhat embarrassing question. The knocker is not working and I am unable to identify the solenoid/assembly. It might be missing or I might just be an idiot. It was not at all clear from the manual were this is located. A picture or description of where this is located would be greatly appreciated.

#7899 4 years ago

Ok, I'm sort of an idiot! Once malenko sent his picture I knew were it should go. But, mine is missing - I guess I'll need to use eyeamred2u's technique until I get a new assembly. Then, I went to check the manual and sure enough there it was called out in the upper right hand corner of the backbox - duhh.

IMG_2446 (resized).JPGIMG_2446 (resized).JPG
1 week later
#7943 4 years ago

I'm having a small issue with my T2 in multiball. About every 25~50 games or so I'm getting two balls stuck in the skull at one time. It seems like this is happening if I shoot two balls very close in time into the skull. It is almost like the drop target is not resetting quick enough but it definitely resets. Indeed, this is how the two balls get stuck. I've also made sure that I have the gate in the skull and that it seems to work ok. Thoughts?

#7945 4 years ago

My skull came with a piece of foam but maybe it isn't big enough. I'll take it out and measure it.

#7946 4 years ago

Well, I checked the foam and it seems to be ok. I then tried manually shooting two balls at one time into the skull and sure enough both went in, the target came up and then they both were stuck. I'm attaching a photo of the skull area. All of the pieces seem to be there and in the correct location but the manual isn't super clear on what pieces go where.

IMG_2455 (resized).JPGIMG_2455 (resized).JPG
#7948 4 years ago

Going back and looking at pictures of the skull posted a couple of pages back I see one issue with my machine. The plastic on the right hand side of the skull is broken at the mounting screw - you can see it in the photo. Thus, the plastics don't overlap. Does a good plastic help keep the ball from going to far back past the popper?

I highlighted where the two balls get stuck.

IMG_2455 copy (resized).jpgIMG_2455 copy (resized).jpg
#7953 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

He's getting 2 balls stuck in the skull, so if he's at the start of multiball and the game will want to the skull shot made plus either the saucers locked or balls drained, before activating the VUK. With the 2 balls stuck in the skull, the game will think there is one in the skull and the other is on the playfield (as it is not locked or drained); if you lock or drain the 3rd ball then the game will eventually go into ball search and kick one of the balls up to the cannon.

That's pretty much what happens. But, the second ball is behind and somewhat sitting on top of the ball that is in the saucer. When the game goes into ball search it tries to kick the ball in the VUK but it sometimes jams on the second ball at which point I need to shut the game down and manually get the two balls out - which is a giant PITA.

It turns out that I had already ordered a new set of plastics which are going to arrive soon. Hopefully that will fix the issue.

#7955 3 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

The plastic should not have anything to do with this issue. Is your target going down too slow? That target should drop very fast, then reset. Have you checked it?

From the photos I've seen in this forum I can't determine how far the right plastic protrudes into the area behind the saucer. But, something sheered my plastic. I'm hoping that if the area behind the saucer is reduced, it will help this problem but that is just a hope.

As far as I can tell, the target is working fine. If anything, I'd worry about it taking to long to go back up after the first ball gets locked. But, I'm not sure how I'd test that.

#7959 3 years ago
Quoted from retroware99:

I'm having a small issue with my T2 in multiball. About every 25~50 games or so I'm getting two balls stuck in the skull at one time. It seems like this is happening if I shoot two balls very close in time into the skull. It is almost like the drop target is not resetting quick enough but it definitely resets. Indeed, this is how the two balls get stuck. I've also made sure that I have the gate in the skull and that it seems to work ok. Thoughts?

Ahh, I think I found my problem. The VUK does not have the ball popper cap #03-8053! I'm guessing the first ball falls into the hole thus allowing the second ball to crowd in. In addition, the VUK coil is an AE-26-1200 as opposed to the AE-23-800 that the manual calls for. Not that this is causing my problem but it is still one more poorly shopped component in this machine. It came with several incorrect coils, a missing knocker assembly and numerous dodgy wiring hacks.

#7961 3 years ago
Quoted from retroware99:

Ahh, I think I found my problem. The VUK does not have the ball popper cap #03-8053! I'm guessing the first ball falls into the hole thus allowing the second ball to crowd in. In addition, the VUK coil is an AE-26-1200 as opposed to the AE-23-800 that the manual calls for. Not that this is causing my problem but it is still one more poorly shopped component in this machine. It came with several incorrect coils, a missing knocker assembly and numerous dodgy wiring hacks.

I got the ball popper cap and corresponding dowel. A quick question: does the dowel just friction fit into the small hole near the tip of the plunger/armature? It seemed to be really tight and I was worried that I was missing something so I backed off. Thanks.

2 months later
#8037 3 years ago
Quoted from RCSP:

My first post in this thread. I've had a T2 about 11 years. It's in excellent condition. I don 't think it has the newest ROM available, where can I see the ROM revisions so I know if a new ROM will fix my issues?
Issue #1 - During Multi ball I often get 2 balls into the skull. This confuses the game, eventually it spits one ball to the cannon and if you hit the target it immediately says "Get that Super Jackpot".
Issue #2 - Is the drop target supposed to stop the ball from entering the skull? Often I hit the drop target, yet the ball still ends up in the skull. Happens a LOT, several times a day.
Issue #3 - I think this is related to issue #1, during a multi ball sometimes I hear "Get that Super Jackpot" and a ball is loaded into the cannon but no target lights are lit. This happens about every 30 games.
Thanks for the help!

I've had similar issues to #1. My game came with the foam block that was supposed to prevent issue #1. It turns out my game had a couple of issues. One, it was missing the kick up saucer, thus allowing the first ball to drop down into the VUK. It was also missing the switch that detects whether the drop target is down.

After fixing both of those problems, the number of times I get two balls in the skull during multiball have gone way down. But, it still happens. For whatever reason, sometimes it seems as though the game has a delay between the time I load the skull and the time it raises the target. Sometime there is no delay, other times it seems around a second or so. The times where there is a delay seems to be right at the start of multiball. The VUK switch seems fine so I don't really know what else the problem it could be. Maybe software? I'm running a L3 rom.

2 years later
#9421 1 year ago

I'm in the process of doing a playfield swap and I'm looking to replace my somewhat broken and chipped skull. Any recommendations as to which reproduction to go with? I've searched through the forum and it looks like the answer has changed over the years. Also, are there opinions on this skull:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1253-dystopic-pinball/05222-t800-terminator-2-v2

It looks nice but the price gives me a bit of a pause.

1 month later
#9559 1 year ago

I'm currently in the process of doing a swap using a Buthamburg PF I purchased several years ago. I have the pindoc rotisserie and while it's built like a tank, placing it on a standard height table means one has to stand up to work on a flat playfield. One can of course tilt it but that makes attaching hardware a bit of a pain. I'm currently in the process of reattaching all of the underside mechs and lighting and for that I just have it on a couple of saw horses. What I'd like to find is a shorter table to put the rotisserie on.

#9560 1 year ago

As part of my PF swap I'm rebuilding my flippers. Based on the photos I saw a few posts ago, it looks like the coils are supposed to have diodes. Mine do not - even though the coils look to be original. So which is it, diodes or no diodes?

6 months later
#10276 10 months ago

What rings are folks using on these two posts? 3/4" seems too big. I tried 7/16" from Titan and they are both skinnier than the other rings and seem a bit tight.

IMG_3425 (resized).jpgIMG_3425 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 12.99
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 39.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 27.95
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 21.95
$ 9.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider retroware99.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/terminator-2-clubmembers-only?tu=retroware99 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.