Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

53663311748_14568d061c_c (resized).jpg
53662225557_f2e8f3ac6e_k (resized).jpg
Williams_1991_Terminator_2_Judgment_Day_Manual_-_Update.pdf (PDF preview)
A2_Feature_Adjustments_(Update).pdf (PDF preview)
Terminator2_L8_4.pdf (PDF preview)
53639132189_e8b428873f_k (resized).jpg
53639132179_2f5a4b2c09_k (resized).jpg
IMG_5447 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5475 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5462 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240401_002830006 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240401_002816443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_192714330 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_192724360 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_192719354 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rascal_h.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 11 years ago

I'm in the club!

#21 11 years ago

Couple more pics.

t21.jpgt21.jpg

Added this guy last night.

t22.jpgt22.jpg

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from johnwartjr:

Here are some photos of my sample T2 machine
http://gallery.myhomegameroom.com/gallery/t2_sample
It's been torn down completely and rebuilt. It plays well, it's just ugly
Unfortunately, the samples and protos were not diamondplated, so the playfield is beat. The cabinet is rough as well, and the artwork is different on protos and samples than production games
It's a neat piece of history, which is why I kept it, and why I spent 100+ hours reconditioning it.

Oof, what a difference a DiamondPlate makes. Still looks badass though!

Thanks for the pics.

#57 11 years ago
Quoted from JDub1006:

pinball decals is now selling the silver flippers and buttons. I installed them last week.

I've got the chrome buttons but I hear the flipper bats are fragile in this color. True or false?

#75 11 years ago

Best club ever. If we assign out numbers I want to be T2 Owner Club #3.

arnold-noodles.gifarnold-noodles.gif

#82 11 years ago

Gun targets listed from hardest to easiest.

#1 (top), #2, #4, # 3, #5 (just wait til the gun stops)

#122 11 years ago

Here's a really bad pic. I just like it because it was from the first day I got it... my first machine too!

t2.jpgt2.jpg

Ted, you have the T1000 mod but don't want to put it on?

#124 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

hah! You saw that, did you. I have a tech that comes over every few weeks. Next time he'll put it in. I just play. (I know....sad!)

Nice.

Dig the pay phone!

#127 11 years ago

Those are really cool.

#129 11 years ago

Thanks JDub! You rule!

I knew my mild case of insomnia and unhealthy obsession with lurking Pinside would pay off someday!

#168 11 years ago

I've hated every set of sling plastics I've ordered for T2. I think I've ordered three different sets. The colors are off and they light funny. The originals are much better... unfortunately, mine are busted.

#186 11 years ago

Good morning thread.

My T2 is temporarily out of commission since I harvested its DMD Controller for my new Dr. Who. New DMD board is on the way though!

#188 11 years ago

A few months back I bought one for 1700, sold it back to the person for 1700. Then I just got this one for 1700. Would be a great score at 1500 I you can get it.

I don't know anything about the series. Was gonna download a bunch to check it out. I think the art is really awesome on the pin.

#190 11 years ago

Hmm, not sure. Just hope mine doesn't break!

They do make a repro of the miniplayfield. I'm going to buy the Cliffy for it because it takes a beating.

#191 11 years ago

Thanks again to JDub1006

stuff.JPGstuff.JPG

#193 11 years ago

Wow, those look really good!

#243 11 years ago
Quoted from JDub1006:

I bought the red DMD plastic from pinbits. I like the red look instead of the orange.

Looks really good! Fits the theme better than the orange.

#279 11 years ago

The mirror blades look really good JDub!

#280 11 years ago

Welcome back, sir!

#361 11 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

My quest for a Billion. Have not done it yet, just put up mid 400 million tonight, current high score is mid 500. On a previous T2 I owned earlier this year, I posted 700 or 800 million, I forget. Stock settings, and abusing the extra ball features is a must. My current is set to wide right outlane.
It's not too hard to get in the few hundred millions, but scoring slows wayyy down when it's more difficult to light your left lane rewards (because the 3 bank targets go out quick) and when it takes multiple shots to hit several targets via the cannon. A way I counter this is to get the right lane lit up to 5 million per shot (love this shot too) early in the game and later as well. Keeping in mind, this is only PER BALL. It goes back to peanuts at balls end. I also find this works great in payback time, because you are getting 5 million for the shot, and 5 million for payback.
Of course, this quest would also gain greatly with a few SUPA JACKPOTS
What ways are others playing/scores?

Mid 500mil is my current GC as well. Would love to achieve a bil.

My strategy is pretty much always just going for supers.

#370 11 years ago
Quoted from bigduke6:

I think I'm done. Maybe. T1000 mod. It needs to be lit so I tried mounting to the bottom of the H/K ship. So far so good. Chrome flippers and buttons, and a different lighting plan this time.

Nice! Same place I put my spotlight for the T1000

#376 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Bigduke, that light on the T-1000 looks cool. I may have my tech put one in...unless it's so easy even I can do it.... (it has to be pretty easy!)

You can do it! If I remember correctly it's only two nuts to take off. Take the metal plate that's there out. Slap in the T1000 (under the wireform support), put the nuts back on.

#379 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Hi Rascal. Sorry, I didn't mean the T-1000...I ment the LIGHT.
I'm not THAT bad...

Oh, hah. Sorry. I read too fast.

That's not too bad either, you can basically just solder to any GI light underneath. I tested with alligator clips. When I saw it was working I tacked it in.

2 weeks later
#512 11 years ago
Quoted from Esoteric_rt:

Is there a way to turn off the 'door slamming' attract sounds?
Quite loud when nobody playing!
Thanks

No, unfortunately

Bugs me because sometimes I like to have them all on while I'm just watching tv or something (pinball during commercials)

1 month later
#698 11 years ago

Checking in.... T2-4-Life

3 weeks later
#757 11 years ago

Regretfully, may have to bow out of the club today.

Never thought I would but I have a friend who keeps getting screwed over with bad pins at retail prices. Want him to have a solid game he won't have to worry about or dump large amounts of repairs into.

It's for a good cause! Plus, if I want to get it back from him down the road I'm sure I can.

#791 11 years ago

FA: T-1000 figure:

ebay.com link: Terminator 2 Pinball Machine T 1000 Molded Figure Mod T2

A little bummed about letting T2 go. I'll own it again someday.

1 month later
#1003 11 years ago

Ted, I'm back in the club!

Got a T2 for $700! Thought it was a joke. Nope!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#1009 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Wow! Does it work? What's the condition? Great find!!

Yep, works great. Good, strong flippers. I've already started a teardown on it cause I can't handle the dirt. Will shop it thoroughly and put in some led. The playfield is worn over the auto fire hotdog... When I have it torn down I'll try to give it a touch up.

One of it's owners did some strange stuff. You know how the lockdown attached to the cab gets rusty a lot of times? Well, they used silver paint to paint it... Right over the factory stickers. Don't know why they wouldn't just grind it. Also, the T800s are missing from the sides of the head. Maybe they got painted over too. Will have to see about getting some decals for that maybe.

Quirkyness aside, 700 is still a great price for a functioning T2.

#1010 11 years ago
Quoted from myork82:

Now on Demo Man the profanity roms are worth it!

Truth!

Adding in all those chips is a little scary though!

#1038 11 years ago

Oh, and here's what my playfield looks like with the DMD glare filter and Judge Dread's Blue LED strip mod in the top end of the playfield. It actually makes all the fluorescent paint glow like black light - SWEET.

That looks sweet!

I just did a touch up on my new $700 T2. Not great by any means, but better than bare wood. I have clear hardening on it now.

t2before.jpgt2before.jpg t2after.jpgt2after.jpg

#1044 11 years ago

Any T2 friends want to look in the backbox to see where these might go? I have two that I'm not sure of. The connectors may be a hacks, so don't go by that lol.

One has a yellow wire and and an orange wire. It has only two holes.. looks like more were cut off.

wiring2.jpgwiring2.jpg

The other has what looks like a new connector, it has only two wires as well. White with red stripe in pin 1, and white with brown or violet stripe in pin 4.

wiring.jpgwiring.jpg

#1046 11 years ago

Maybe the combine to make 121... hmm. Not good at reading this.

#1048 11 years ago

Yeah, I didn't even think twice about yanking them all out because usually you can't go wrong when putting them back since they are keyed and stuff. But these two are throwing me. Here's what those connectors look like.

J120 doesn't have anything currently.

j121.JPGj121.JPG j119.JPGj119.JPG

#1050 11 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

Let me know if you need some molex connectors done, I'll bring my stuff over..........oooops, I'm a former member, am I allowed to post this?

I'm up for a Molex party any day of the week. Come on by for some beers!

#1053 11 years ago

It's fixed! They both plugged on J120 side by side and I got my backbox lighting back.

Thanks!

wires.JPGwires.JPG

#1057 11 years ago
Quoted from technabob:

So does anyone know where I can get the little metal brackets that attach the "Artificial Intelligence Lab" and "Skynet Command Center" signs to the playfield? I bought the replacement signs, but they didn't come with the brackets.

You probably want the real thing but in case you can't find it you might try the hobby drawer at lowes. The have long pieces of metal with holes that you could put a bend in and probably make work.

2 years later
#4002 8 years ago

In the club for the 3rd time. Hope to stay for good this time.

Where's the best place to buy a replacement skull?

1 month later
#4103 8 years ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

I hope it's ok to cross post this topic but I didn't get much positive input on this in original post & thought to bring it up here.
I was watching a YouTube Ray's Repair Tips video where I heard Ray mention the FL-11630 coils were original in the Terminator 2 weren't quite strong enough to get the ball to where you wanted it & Ray said he switches them with a FL-11629 coil.
Also... does switching to a stronger coil harm anything besides the risk of breaking a plastic etc from the higher ball speed?
Forward to 4:25...
» YouTube video
Thanks for your thoughts on this.

Good info! I bought mine and it had 29s. The game played nice. I shopped the entire game and rebuilt the flippers with 30s because I wanted it to be like the manual. I can make the shots fine but the game feels slow. I want to tilt the game a little higher and I might need the 29s in there.

1 year later
#5972 6 years ago

Has anyone found good replacement plastics for the slings? The ones I bought years ago have pretty bad coloring.

1 month later
#6180 6 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

So what are the thoughts on how this happened? Ball STOPPED in the inlane just chillin.

The metal gets worn. Almost invisible to the eye but you can get divots or sunken areas on the lanes.

1 month later
#6434 5 years ago

Finished shop job. Satisfied knowing I cleaned or replaced every little piece. Still a few things here and there I’d like to fix... but it’s great to be able to play it again.

Anyone have a spare teeth decal? This one has one but it’s worn out. It would have benefited from a piece of mylar to protect it.

990F2BF8-BB8A-4B9F-A695-ED9D82121521 (resized).jpeg990F2BF8-BB8A-4B9F-A695-ED9D82121521 (resized).jpeg

2 months later
#6674 5 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Agree....for T2 its a "pick your battles" when modding. There are so many expensive mods that do literally nothing for gameplay. Even color dmd for this title...there are like 4 animations, maybe 5?
Game needs a code re-write...there was talk...no one ever did it though.

Haha, I have a ColorDMD in mine... but it’s totally unnecessary. Thinking maybe I should use it in a game with more animations and just find a red filter for T2.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 27.95
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 39.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 21.95
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 9.95
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rascal_h.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/terminator-2-clubmembers-only?tu=rascal_h and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.