• Topic is favorited by 274 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

53663951190_696642b1ae_c (resized).jpg
53663311748_14568d061c_c (resized).jpg
53662225557_f2e8f3ac6e_k (resized).jpg
Williams_1991_Terminator_2_Judgment_Day_Manual_-_Update.pdf (PDF preview)
A2_Feature_Adjustments_(Update).pdf (PDF preview)
Terminator2_L8_4.pdf (PDF preview)
53639132189_e8b428873f_k (resized).jpg
53639132179_2f5a4b2c09_k (resized).jpg
IMG_5447 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5475 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5462 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240401_002830006 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240401_002816443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_192714330 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_192724360 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_192719354 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider patofnaud.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1616 10 years ago

New member to the club.
I already had this thread marked as a favorite. I already have 2 mods coming from Judge Dredd gent from the UK, the Hunter/Killer V2 LED mod and the red eye mod for the upper left T-800 plastic.

#1618 10 years ago

Cleaning it up a bit first. And if the mods come in soon all the better.

2 weeks later
#1658 10 years ago

You may want to look into the flat rate 'if it fits it ships' boxes. The boxes are free and the USPS cost is under $6.
And there are way around the Paypal fees.

Again thanks for this supplying the community with an affordable mod.

#1679 10 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Dont you have a "tech" for that?
Im going to put it over the right ramp with the helicopter sticker.
Im going to try and figure out if I can make the rotor spin when the ramp is shot, or maybe just have it spin the whole time, not sure. Maybe add some lights too...I dunno.
I think I may just zip tie it to the ramp through one of the holes on the edge.

I'm expecting my copter today. I'll probably hold off installing it until I an figure out how to add blue/red police lights to it.

#1691 10 years ago

it needs a spot light if anything...
» YouTube video

Spotlight eh? That may be an easy one to add. Even tied to the flasher circuit if I used a 12vdc one. Hmmmmmm....

#1693 10 years ago
Quoted from calico1997:

This is how / where I installed the chopper...

Tail mounted it eh? I was thinking of using the hole on the opposite side and a bent stiff wire up to the skid on that side.

#1727 10 years ago

As promised, here is a vid of my T2.

Fully LED'd,
Cointaker blue light up flipper button kit,
Hunterkiller mod,
T-800 red eye mod in upper left,
T-800 skull teeth hand painted and Comet Bulbs Optix as eyes instead of the 'condom' look
and Hot Wheels Helicopter on ramp.

1 week later
#1738 10 years ago
Quoted from bigduke6:

Well thank you. I'm going to grab that. Anybody need apron decals? I don't think I want to put them on the stainless.

I may be interested. My apron paint is fairly beat up. Let me know.

#1748 10 years ago

Does it have LED or incandescent flasher bulbs?

#1751 10 years ago

Well then, from one 'naud' to another,,,, sounds like you have the 'warming resistors' issue that happens when install LED full LED flashers and you no longer need to keep the incandescents 'warm'. It was common on System 11 games to have to remove them if you went LED flashers and that is the symptom you have.

I 'thought' WPC-95 didn't use them, so let me go dig out some prints in a bit and take a look.

Did this just start or did it work fine prior?

#1755 10 years ago
Quoted from Mocean:

I've left the club as I ran out of space. I have a brand new blu ray collectors pack, which includes the endoskeleton skull/bust. I bought it to use as a topper but never did. I didn't think to list it here, first, but it's on ebay and ends tonight (around 9:30pm EST).
ebay.com link
If a pinsider wins I'll ship via priority for the cost of first class. Sorry for the spam.

Bad link Mocean. What were you asking for it? Drop me a PM I'm just up the road. I *errrr* I mean Santa already has me a set of the regular blue ray, not the collectors pack, but a topper would not be a bad idea.

1 month later
#1827 10 years ago

Nice of Judge to make those. Even if not lighted, that a common missing part.

Now if he did them in 'english',,,,,

#1828 10 years ago

Speaking of T2 mods, tonight I made and installed my own undercab lighting kit on my T2. Hooked it temporarily into the flasher under the right ramp. I'll perma connect it to that flashers output off the driver board in a day or so. Cost me under $20 using;

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005MSAKZK

and

http://www.amazon.com/HitLights-Connector-Conductor-Strip-monochrome/dp/B0062RBR84

I'll take some vids and pics tomorrow.

1 week later
#1852 10 years ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

I am giving this 11" x 14" sheet of Rubylith a try.
It was under 7 bucks shipped, and I should be able to use it on two games.
ebay.com link
RussMyers

I just used it on my T2, and if anyone wants to see a side by side comparison.....

DSC01157.JPGDSC01157.JPG

#1853 10 years ago

While I'm posting T2 pics, instead of those FUGLY condom eyes on the T-800, or paying for the mod eyes, I cheap'd out and simply used some nice Cometpinball non-ghost led's for mine.

I also used 3 of those 'sparkly bling things' inside my pop bumpers along with 3 more of the Cometpinball non-ghost bulbs..

DSC01158.JPGDSC01158.JPG

#1856 10 years ago

I did sir. Just used some Createx (sp?) airbrush paint and a small brush. Mixed a pinch of black into some white and freehanded.

Nice thing with these paints is that you must use a heat gun to set them, so if you F'up you can just wipe it off with a towel prior.

Another thing I did was to use clear washers in my lane guides as protectors. T2 uses non-standard guides and are not exactly the easiest to find. Always out of stock, or one one style on hand.

#1870 10 years ago

There was not an 8 inch option (never is ) but I ordered some with the thought that you only need that couple of inches for the furthest back of the side and you could patch that in fairly easy, and no one would notice unless they shoved their face up in the cab.

#1872 10 years ago

Rock add your url to make it easier for folks to find you. Unless PM's are best?

#1877 10 years ago

Thanks for the link Rock.

On that sellers other auction it did not have 8". ebay.com link: Mini Diamond Plate Vinyl Tape Choose Your Size

2 weeks later
#1957 10 years ago

I would combine that with the Nordman's Sparkly Pop Bumper Enhancement Thingy

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3069

Here they are being used in my T2... It would hide the 555 wire and cover up the white inside of the pop body.

DSC01158.JPGDSC01158.JPG

#1979 10 years ago

The Judge's HK mod has blue lights that sequence from front to back while GI is on and a pair of red leds under the engine pods that flash when the lamp you hook them up to does. I have mine hooked to Extra Ball.

3 weeks later
#2039 10 years ago

Dare I say, $10K by Christmas.

deal.gifdeal.gif

1 week later
#2068 10 years ago

Also if any were #44/47 style sockets, make sure you didn't spin the lug around where it is now touching the mounting tap. And shorted LED's are not unrealistic if the epoxy broke as you were twisting them in.

#2070 10 years ago

Sure. Ohm meter. Disconnect GI ohm across the two leads, should not show short. You couls even start removing bulbs and retesting with power off. Or you make a circuit breaker adapter in place of the fuse. Easiest thing is just lift the playfield and go over.with a fine tooth comb looking for.what got crushed or twisted.

2 weeks later
#2159 10 years ago
Quoted from LITZ:

Glad Drano talked me into these all aluminum flipper bats from PBL. They look great wrapped in Super Bands.

Exact same set up I've been using.

2 months later
#2312 9 years ago
Quoted from FirstPinGLin2011:

o-din, there is supposed to be a soft piece of foam stuffed in behind the skull to prevent that. Like some foam from a seat cushion or similar.

+1.. here is the Service Bulletin.

Service Bulletin: SB 33
DATE: September 19, 1991
GAME: Terminator 2
SUBJECT: POSSIBLE BALL HANG-UP BEHIND SKULL
SYMPTOM: IF 1 BALL IS IN THE SAUCER UNDER THE SKULL AND ANOTHER BALL HITS
IT WITH SOME DEGREE OF VELOCITY THE SECOND BALL MAY DEFLECT INTO THE
SKULL
SOLUTION: USING A SHARP EXACTO KNIFE, CUT A 2-1/4' SQUARE CUBE FROM A
CORNER OF THE SHIPPING FOAM (NOT STYROFOAM) PACKED WITH THE GAME,
SUPPORTING THE BACKBOX FOLDED DOWN ON THE CABINET.
IF THAT FOAM CANNOT BE FOUND, MOST ANY FOAM RUBBER CUT TO SPECIFICATIONS
WILL DO, OR A FOAM RUBBER CUBE (PART # 23-6671) CAN BE ORDERED FROM THE WMS
GAMES PARTS DEPARTMENT.

(Insert picture of back of skull)

Pull skull forward gently, compress foam rubber cube (2-1/4' sq.) and insert in skull below "eyes"
bracket. Release foam and tilt skull back to original position "looking at player'.
Make sure that the ball gate wireform swings freely after foam is inserted to prevent other problems.

#2319 9 years ago

Define unable.

Unable to hit them when shot because the ball does not make it?
Unable to hit because the ball will not launch?

If unable to launch, there is a cam with a switch on the underside of the playfield that stops the cannon from shooting past its outer limits, it is probably out of alignment.

#2332 9 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Did I get a cheap knockoff

They were always cheap knockoff's... Sneeze on them and they break. Just don't mount two on the playfield and don't point it out to anyone and no one will EVER know.

To paint the teeth, I used Creatix Airbrush paint and did it by hand while it was mounted, then fixxed it (Creatix needs heat to set) with a heat gun.

DSC01158.JPGDSC01158.JPG

4 weeks later
#2466 9 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Hey T2 fans!
Does anyone have or know where to find a file to print out the drop target decal? Please PM me if you do.

Pm sent..

1 week later
#2489 9 years ago

I used the IPDB L-8 rom a couple months ago no probs. Got to remember its a larger file and you will need bigger EPROMS than the L-6 fit in or it will not work.

#2495 9 years ago

I've danced this dance before.. To use L-8 you must upgrade to a larger EPROM than the factory 2G,

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/t2-rom-questions

#2502 9 years ago

For me, I went from L-3 to L-8 because I was chasing an odd scoring issue with the 3 targets up dead center, which turned out being a miss wire from factory.

#2505 9 years ago
Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

What was your issue...???...I noticed they act a little wacky...when I hit one often a different one lights...but they "work" and advance the left shot so I never bothered with them........Joey

That was my issue. You hit the left one and the right one lit and visa versa.

I ended up swapping the two trigger wires to correct it. After I did I noticed that if you twist the module 180deg that the lamps are on, it may have fixed it also but it looked like it would stress the wires.

3 months later
#2693 9 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Ok I'm probably asking too much here but I don't have that much technical knowledge. Can you post a tutorial with pictures on how to upgrade the speakers and redo the wiring with links to where to buy the parts? If it is too much work don't worry about it, but it would be nice to have bookmarked

http://www.dziedzic.us/wpc_speaker_replacement.html

#2698 9 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Oh man, you friggin rock! I wish I could give you a million thumbs up for that, THANKS!

Thank Tony. He put a ton of work into that.

2 months later
#2819 9 years ago

Me too. I dont really get what dredd thinks his does that pinbits doesnt.

Andy version has a micro chip to sequence the light and a separate input you can tie to any bulb (like the skull lock) to make the sequencing stop and the engines flash. I 'thought' pinbits was just flashing based on 1 input.

#2821 9 years ago

True. True.

I like it, I worked with Andy directly and he was able to bundle the HK ship mod and the Skull ramp LED mod to save me shipping. Nice chap.

4 months later
#3299 8 years ago

No, I have the stock red ones on mine, however, I did use the 'Sparkly pop bumper things' under them with LED.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3069

#3301 8 years ago

As Arnie would say, no problemo.

I don't know if I ever posted this before, and I ain't reviewing 66 pages of T2 posts to check, but here is my T2

The vid was prior sparkly things, prior to the Super Band flipper rubber, prior to the red filter I put on the DMD, and prior to all new targets I replaced about a month ago. I'll post a new one to youtube same day.

3 weeks later
#3365 8 years ago

Standard posts you can buy at most any pinball supply house..

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=catalog&parent=91&pg=1

#3367 8 years ago

White would be terrible to keep clean. Go with whatever you think would match that area.

#3370 8 years ago
Quoted from tezting:

Should the "tip" of the kickback look like this:

Noooooo. It should not be mushroomed. It should have a nylon tip screwed into it. Kind of of like this:

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=681

Not sure if this one will work but you get the idea.

#3379 8 years ago

To hold golf tee's?

1 week later
#3403 8 years ago

If it spikes for the new release, it will come right back down once the box office dies off.. Always does.

And I am one of those T2 folks who is NOT selling his, not because of some lame sequel, but for the memories of playing it when it was originally released. Good times... Good times...

#3425 8 years ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

Does anyone know if single rubber rings go on the 3 posts im showing?

Pretty sure it's 3x 5/16ths rings. One each post. If I remember tomorrow I'll snap a pic of mine. I like those pop bumper lights, bought some from Melissa on Friday for an StTNG.

#3429 8 years ago

I went with the factory red ones, then used a single large upfaceing SMD for the LED and a Denis Nordman Sparkly Thing for the inside of the pops... This pic was prior to the Sparkly Things http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3069

DSC01158.JPGDSC01158.JPG

1 week later
#3491 8 years ago

There is a rubber placement chart in the manual on page 2-40... Any additional rubbers you see or do not see in pictures was 'artistic freedom' of the owner.

1 month later
#3737 8 years ago

Does it always show that? Or just when you manually activate it?

If always, then your switch is broke 'stuck'.
If only when you activate it manually, then switch is fine.

#3745 8 years ago
Quoted from Patofnaud:

Does it always show that? Or just when you manually activate it?
If always, then your switch is broke 'stuck'.
If only when you activate it manually, then switch is fine.

^ this before you go metering, ordering or replacing the switch.

#3747 8 years ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

It always shows that when in test mode

Then you either have a bad switch or a short.

NOW, is when you would take a meter and test the switch. One trick prior to testing or replacing is to remove the wires from the switch and see if it still reports the switch stuck, if not then your switch is stuck shut or the 1n4004 diode is shorted. If it still reports that switch with the wires removed then your looking at either a problem in the switch matrix or a shorted wire under the playfield.

#3754 8 years ago

At 2 ohms, it looks like you may still have the diode installed. Is it?

Usually a stuck switch shows at 0 ohm.

Quoted from scampcamp:

It shows a short still with switch unhooked. also

With the wires off the switch the DMD still shows that switch in error? If so, that is odd. As the switches are in a matrix, any failure on the row or column logic will manifest as a string of bad switch errors. Not just one.

#3758 8 years ago

Hard to make out that picture to tell if that is green marker or green corrosion.

P206 pin 5 is column 5 and pin 6 is column 6.
Switch 64 is on column 6, although so are 5 other switches. Hence it being odd that only this switch is failing and it not being just a bad switch.

That being said, is that green corrosion? The batter holder and batteries look clean. If it is corrosion, it is just below the batteries and very well could have been battery leakage that was fixed but the connector not caught/replaced. If those pins are corroded you will want to replace them. If they are not the problem now, they will be shortly.

Also I love the electrical tape fix to the GI wires just to the right..

#3762 8 years ago

Scamp,

That J206 pin 5 (Column 5) and Pin 6 (Column 6) are trash. Luckily the board connector looks 'ok'. My guess is someone caught a battery leak early, before it did damage to the board but not before it dripped directly down onto that female connector.

I would replace those 2 pins and that housing (FWIW, I'd replace all those IDC pins for crimp style) before doing much else with regard to the switch you are having trouble with. That switch 64 is on Column 6 and on of the effected pins on that connector.

Great Plains Electronics sells all the pins and housings for what you need.

https://www.greatplainselectronics.com/categories.asp?cat=37

I also highly suggest you move those batteries OFF the cpu and onto a remote holder to save future troubles.

#3772 8 years ago

Woot!!! Congrats!

1 week later
#3797 8 years ago
Quoted from kilmarnock1350:

he diode goes between pin 1 and pin 3... which end does the "banded" end of the diode go?

Refer to the manual, page 2-36.

See the switch matrix up top?
Find your switch in the multiplication table below it...
I 'think' the skull lock is called "Top Lock" and is switch 55.. According to the table it should have a white-green wire on one end and a green-black on the other.
Confirm that is what you have to make sure we are talking the same switch.
If it is,,,,
Go back to the top matrix, find switch 55, then look at the blow up of a diode just above that multiplication table.. It looks like;

White --|>|- Green

The BAND on the diode is facing the green. And looking that the chart you will see all top row wires are green with a stripe, all left column wires are white with a stripe.

This help?

#3804 8 years ago

The left side play field "latch" doesn't lay in it's place.

9.5 times out of 10, your cabinet is not level side to side. Drop a level across the front, then against up against the backbox.

T2 do GI dimming but only when it goes to 'sleep' after some time of being turned on but not played. It is adjustable in settings. T2 does not use GI dimming during gameplay.

My T2 fully LED'd..

Older vid, I've done some work to it since then and will post a newer vid when I get 10min to myself

#3822 8 years ago

When standing at the machine playing the lite shines right through and is annoying on the eyes.

You may want to change those bulbs to frosted to diffuse them more. Clear bulbs there are just asking for blown retinas.

1 month later
#3915 8 years ago

20140812_144700.jpg20140812_144700.jpg
20140812_144628.jpg20140812_144628.jpg

#3921 8 years ago

Mike Chestnut in the US not only will rechrome T2 handles, but usually has fully rebuilt ones in stock for faster turn around. Plenty of threads exist.

5 months later
#4218 8 years ago
Quoted from tezting:

- Is it possible to make a version with the music from the video but with original voices?

It's a Pinsound board, you can do what you want. What this guy did was his personal preference. If you want to use original sounds and mix in some redone sounds, go for it.

#4224 8 years ago
Quoted from AndHart120:

maybe add in Guns N Roses for a multiball or something.

Is a good idea.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0103064/soundtrack

1 week later
#4259 7 years ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

The diode measures 548.

Huh? Its a simple 1N4004 diode. If you own a pin you should have them on hand as they are used everywhere.

If the switch is not passing edge tests and it is the ONLY switch your having trouble with then high probability you found your problem.

And if use a meter to test them you should look at some Youtubes. They test different depending on what lead is on what, whether in circuit or not, what meter you have, basically 548 means nothing.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.95
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 27.95
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 21.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider patofnaud.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/terminator-2-clubmembers-only?tu=patofnaud and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.