PXL_20240327_043017894 (resized).jpg
20240325_183907-COLLAGE (resized).jpg
IMG_0437 (resized).JPG
IMG_0436 (resized).JPG
ett (resized).png
IMG_2587 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1784 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1883 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nicknack66.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4577 7 years ago

Hi T2 Club Members - on your T2 is the translite behind a piece of glass or a clear piece of plastic? On mine it is plastic and I wasn't sure if that is how Williams was producing the game back in 1991 (perhaps to save money and/or reduce possibility of damage), or if somewhere in its life the original glass broke and someone replaced it with clear plastic. Thanks.

#4583 7 years ago

Thanks for the info. Appreciate it. Have a very happy Thanksgiving.

3 months later
#4832 7 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

Hi all. Every once in a great while, I get two balls stuck in the VUK behind the skull. The drop target is up, but two balls still seem to get back there. The VUK can not kick both balls up and I can not keep the drop target down with my hand while the machine on to finger the ball out, so I have to shut it off to remove the balls. It has only happened twice, but was wondering if this is a known issue or if there is a fix/software update. Thanks for the info.

Try this link. Maybe it will help?
http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/2524/Williams_1991_Terminator_2_Judgment_Day_Service_Bulletin_33.pdf

Also, the same thing has happened to me a few times but eventually the game kicks the balls out (I don't remember specifically which way, but I think part of is involves the game searching for the "missing" ball), but I have never had to shut off the game to fix the issue.

1 month later
#4956 6 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

Anyone have any experience with their ball not locking in on the escape route path? My ball goes in but 97% of the time it just pops back out and drains to the bumpers. Since it's in such a POS spot on the PF figured I'd see if anyone has any experience of what to look for before I start poking around.

Did you recently wax your playfield? The only time I have had this problem is right after I have cleaned and waxed the playfield and the ball is moving faster than usual. Sometimes then the ball will pop out without locking, but after a day or two of playing it seems fine.

1 month later
#5145 6 years ago

I have been following these posts about the flippers during video mode and finally was able to test it on my T2, which is running L-2. My recollection before I ran the "test" was that the flippers didn't flip during the video mode, so I was quite surprised when I actually just tried it and they did flip!!! I wonder if my recollection was off since when I am playing the game for real, I am so engrossed in the game/video mode and not really focused on the flippers that I didn't even realize they were flipping, but again, I just tested it now and they were definitely flipping during video mode.

#5152 6 years ago

My T2 has developed a GI light problem. After about 15 mins the left side (or if I swap the J120 and J121 connectors the right side) goes out. Looks like the connector was replaced at some point (its black instead of white). Outside of replacing the connector, any suggestions to try? Thanks.

1 week later
#5160 6 years ago
Quoted from loscanones:

You might wanna check F106/107/108/109/110 (don`t know right now which one is for left GI) if they are clamped by the fuse socket - sometimes the socket become loose. Try to -gently- move them with an insulated tool.
J115 is usually creating problems, check connector if it is in good condition -usually it is not- and try to move wires a little, in order to see if you get the problem from that point.

Thank you. I think it may be a loose wire in the GI connector. I pushed it in a little and at least for now it seems to be okay. Keeping fingers crossed since I haven't had a chance to play the game for too long at one time, but so far so good.

#5161 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

My skill shot almost always hit the second target from bottom... I don't think that's an issue since every pinball is different from each other due to age and use, and since this T2 skill shot won't make a difference on the pontuation or in the game itself, well... I won't bother trying to change it and I'll just leave it like that!

My skill shot always hits the second target from the top. I agree, seems like all are a little different and I likewise agree that I don't think it is an issue as long as it is consistent from game to game.

2 months later
#5350 6 years ago
Quoted from Bugsy:

Does anyone have the issue where if you hit the drop target, the momentum from the ball will still take it into the skull? You'd think that the drop target would keep it from going in there in one shot, requiring you to make another shot into the skull.

And just another owner chiming in to say happens occasionally to me as well (including when I played tonight). My initial reaction for some time was thinking the drop target was broken, but that was never the case and at this point I just know it happens from time to time for the reason already described.

1 month later
#5591 6 years ago
Quoted from ahmedreda:

Quick question: is the kick back in the left lane supposed to always kick the ball? Mine works sometimes and sometimes doesn’t. I tested the left outlane switch and the kickback solenoid and they always work in the test menu. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Mine always works when the Kickback light is on. When the Kickback light is off it doesn't work.

1 month later
#5713 6 years ago

Quick question - my T2 has color matched LEDs already in the inserts but I want to switch to LEDs for my GI lighting. Cool or warm white? I am thinking cool but before I ordered a whole bunch wanted to see what others had used/recommended. Thanks!

#5724 6 years ago

Thanks all for the LED GI light suggestions. As YPURCHN said, looks like it's a matter of personal taste. I have some warm whites in another pin so I think I'll swap those into the T2 to see how it looks and from there decide to stay with that or try cool white.

#5758 6 years ago

I use the bolts. I know about the latch, but like the added security of the bolts. I guess I just better not lose the key. Having said that, are the keys different for different machines or would all T2s use the same key? I can understand why the coin door would have different keys as that's where the money is, but what about the backbox keys?

#5775 6 years ago

My T2 is domestic but with clear posts. I like the way it looks with clear rubber rings

#5776 6 years ago

45794931-E280-4C91-B10F-AF282E27E591 (resized).jpeg45794931-E280-4C91-B10F-AF282E27E591 (resized).jpeg

9BB1316E-0F2C-4A20-9ED4-2E9772CF2D0C (resized).jpeg9BB1316E-0F2C-4A20-9ED4-2E9772CF2D0C (resized).jpeg

#5788 6 years ago

I am not an electrician, but isn't the plug for a 220 different from a 110? If so, the plug at the end of the cord that goes into the outlet may be the info you need. One of my games was a re-import and had already been converted to 110. I can check later to see if there are any other indicators within the cabinet that I can point you towards but again, perhaps the plug for the outlet may be all the information you need.

#5792 6 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

There is more than the plug, you also need to change the wire positions for the transformer connector, fuse and MOV. Maybe something else I'm forgetting.

Agreed. I was just thinking if the plug had been changed perhaps everything had been changed/converted, but better safe than sorry. Was the game plugged in and running when you bought it?

#5794 6 years ago

Sounds like it was already converted then to 110 (unles 220 is the standard in TX ).

#5815 6 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

A new MPU and boom....Working like a champ! Weak right flipper and lots of lights out, but everything else seems to be working....
Where is Breaking Dad Joey???

It's alive! Congrats. If the only remaining issues are a weak right flipper and some lights you're in really great shape with it at this point.

#5817 6 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

I used Sunlight on my T2 and really like it. Not too blue and not too yellow, it is just right! But I agree with what the others have said, Sunlight would be too white for some themes.

I am going with Sunlight. Ordered the bulbs using a Black Friday special from Comet. They should arrive this week so hopefully during some time off during the holidays I can install them. Then my T2 will be fully LED'd (I already have LEDs in the inserts, backbox, and pop bumpers). Can't wait.

1 week later
#5843 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

My brand new made in Brazil repro plastic set has just arrived!

Wow and it even includes the three clear plastic triangles that seem to be missing from a lot of T2s I've seen (and I have no idea where they really below). Congrats on your new plastics.

1 week later
#5878 6 years ago

I am suddenly having an issue with my T2 where it sometimes shoots a second ball while playing (usually shortly after I fire the ball onto the playfield). It doesn't happen all the time, but regularly enough that it's annoying. It doesn't appear related to the "auto fire" since the game doesn't announce that when it shoots the extra ball onto the playfield (and the autofire still works correctly meaning if I quickly drain the ball it does say auto-fire and shoots another ball onto the playfield). Anyone have this happened to them? Also, not sure if it's related but I looked at the wiring to the switch in the ball trough (thinking maybe it is this switch that is acting up) and on the left yellow wire in the middle is this silver "blob." The blog is just floating so I was wondering if it should be attached to something else and if that could be causing the issue. Here is a photo of the wiring with the blob (circled in green). Thanks for any ideas/suggestions.

T2 (resized).JPGT2 (resized).JPG

#5882 6 years ago
Quoted from Archytas:

Check the trough switches in test, sounds like one of them might have cracked solder which would be causing this issue. The first thing I'd do is attempt to reflow the solder on all the trough switches to eliminate this and see if it persists.

Thank you! I am going to try that this weekend. Hopefully that does the trick.

#5885 6 years ago
Quoted from Archytas:

Check the trough switches in test, sounds like one of them might have cracked solder which would be causing this issue. The first thing I'd do is attempt to reflow the solder on all the trough switches to eliminate this and see if it persists.

Quoted from nicknack66:

Thank you! I am going to try that this weekend. Hopefully that does the trick.

Actually I got impatient and found the time late last night to re-flow the solder and so far so good - no double balls! Will play the game more this weekend but I am hoping it was that simple of a fix. Thanks again for the advice.

#5898 6 years ago

I recently switched my T2 to LED bulbs. Everything went smoothly except for the flashers in the back box. They work fine with regular bulbs (so I know they are getting power) but when I inserted the LED bulbs only a couple worked. I tried bending the wires on the bulbs a little, tried inserting the bulbs the other way (turned them 180 degrees), but no luck. Put the regular flasher bulbs back in and they work fine. Any suggestions? Thanks.

1 month later
#6013 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Maybe a matter of fine adjustment.... Mine goes always thru the right orbit!

Hmmmm.....mine fires up the right orbit but usually doesn't make it all the way up to the rollovers (for me it is like a 1 in 10 "bonus" when it makes it all the way up there). Sounds like perhaps I may need to adjust mine as well.

#6016 6 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Thanks for the replies! I just had a look in that area... Removed the plastic and post, then bent the guide to aim the ball left a bit more to the left. Mine is now like nicknacks now where some make it up, others don't. Maybe a new coil in the future?
I'm happy with how it's turned out. It's probably my least deep game but that to me is a positive

Looks great! Nice work. Not sure if a new coil will help. Mine went bad, changed it, same results (although maybe you will have better luck since you appear more talented than me at working on these machines . Also agree with you that not always having a deep game is a positive. Sometimes I just want to play a fast game that gets me energized, plus on those rare days where I have friends or relatives over to play the game is pretty easy to explain to them (although as simple as it may seem I have given up on trying to explain lane change - simply getting them to focus on hitting the lit target with the gun seems to be about all most of my friends and relatives can handle).

1 month later
#6187 6 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

Ok just picked up a T2 got it all cleaned up and playing good. I notice at the skull shot a ball will get hung up in the back, I am sure I am missing something to prevent this. What exactly am I missing?

Service Bulletin: SB 33
DATE: Septermber 19, 1991
GAME: Terminator 2
SUBJECT: POSSIBLE BALL HANG-UP BEHIND SKULL
SYMPTOM: IF 1 BALL IS IN THE SAUCER UNDER THE SKULL AND ANOTHER BALL HITS
IT WITH SOME DEGREE OF VELOCITY THE SECOND BALL MAY DEFLECT INTO THE
SKULL
SOLUTION: USING A SHARP EXACTO KNIFE, CUT A 2-1/4' SQUARE CUBE FROM A
CORNER OF THE SHIPPING FOAM (NOT STYROFOAM) PACKED WITH THE GAME,
SUPPORTING THE BACKBOX FOLDED DOWN ON THE CABINET.
IF THAT FOAM CANNOT BE FOUND, MOST ANY FOAM RUBBER CUT TO SPECIFICATIONS
WILL DO, OR A FOAM RUBBER CUBE (PART # 23-6671) CAN BE ORDERED FROM THE WMS
GAMES PARTS DEPARTMENT.

#6189 6 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

Ok thanks for that, but my ball is hangin up on the clear plastic in the back not in the skull. I will have to look into that skull fix tho.

How does the ball get stuck there. Airball from the flippers/cannon, or after you shoot it into the skull? I can also look at my game when I get home tonight to see if that section looks different on my game from your game.

3 years later
#8881 2 years ago

Anyone know where this piece goes? I found it in front of the gun laying on the metal ramp/rail. Thanks.

03630748-C477-4224-893A-FD6C37771A2A (resized).jpeg03630748-C477-4224-893A-FD6C37771A2A (resized).jpeg2152479A-A4F7-4D3D-847F-66D36409C737 (resized).jpeg2152479A-A4F7-4D3D-847F-66D36409C737 (resized).jpeg
#8883 2 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

That's the "cap" for the VUK, the vertical up-kicker, located under the skull on the bottom side of the playfield.

Thank you!

#8885 2 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

You're welcome. There's a plastic rod that the cap fits onto, that metal pin that's still in your cap locks it on thru a hole in the rod. Since that pin is still in the cap, I'm guessing that somehow the plastic rod is broken and will have to be replaced.
Oh hey look at that! Fellow Huntingtonner!

Thanks again. I see that piece you are talking about. Going to get in there and see exactly what’s going on. Fellow Huntington Stationer!

#8888 2 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Thanks for posting this! What perfect timing. I had a random piece of black plastic start sliding down the playfield during a game, and since this thread was still in my head, I easily identified it as one of the 4 corners in the popper
[quoted image]

LOL, apparently not a good week for that piece

9 months later
#9433 1 year ago

I also went for cool white on my T2. As BR81zad said, the cool white fits the T2 theme the best, in my opinion. I actually still use regular warm white flashers in my Rollergames given that theme, and I like the slower light fade with traditional flashers in that machine versus the quick on/off of the LED flashers.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball
Decals
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
East Hanover, NJ
Boards
PinSound
Boards
3,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 14.95
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
3,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Morgantown, WV
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Machine - For Sale
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 26.50
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Boards
Slap Save Creations
Boards
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nicknack66.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/terminator-2-clubmembers-only?tu=nicknack66 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.