Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

53663311748_14568d061c_c (resized).jpg
53662225557_f2e8f3ac6e_k (resized).jpg
Williams_1991_Terminator_2_Judgment_Day_Manual_-_Update.pdf (PDF preview)
A2_Feature_Adjustments_(Update).pdf (PDF preview)
Terminator2_L8_4.pdf (PDF preview)
53639132189_e8b428873f_k (resized).jpg
53639132179_2f5a4b2c09_k (resized).jpg
IMG_5447 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5475 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5462 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240401_002830006 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240401_002816443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_192714330 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_192724360 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_192719354 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider malenko.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4813 7 years ago

Just joined the club yesterday, 3rd pin and last for a while.

Players condition, plays without errors but the body is a little beat up. I've wanted this pin a LONG TIME so I'm super excited to finally get one. Gonna fix up the body then start designing new art.

3pins (resized).jpg3pins (resized).jpg

#4821 7 years ago

Great theme, straight forward mode activation, good shot variety, just a really fun game.

2 weeks later
#4859 7 years ago

Any place to get the T1000 mod that isnt doubling the original price? I think its awesome but I cant justify $150 for it.

3 weeks later
#4941 7 years ago

I did the RubyLith DMD mod, game changer for $8 shipped from eBay

T2 (resized).jpgT2 (resized).jpg

#4943 7 years ago

This is the seller I bought from
ebay.com link: itm
you can cut the 11"x14" piece in half , and use it on 2 machines. I put the other one in my Street Fighter but it doesnt pop nearly as much and I'll probably take it out. It BELONGS in T2 , its definitely the best bang for the buck mod.

I actually saw it when looking up old threads here on pinside about T2, dont recall who thought of it first but it wasnt me.

SF2Red (resized).jpgSF2Red (resized).jpg

#4946 7 years ago

it filters the light and make the orange DMD look red. I can take a better pic when I get home. I also installed Metal-mods pop bumper "chrome" stickers. These were installed before the RubyLith, so the DMDis still reflecting orange. I need to buy new glass :/

17545377_10211608122374486_501488597798478261_o (resized).jpg17545377_10211608122374486_501488597798478261_o (resized).jpg
17546988_10211608106294084_927459503253144079_o (resized).jpg17546988_10211608106294084_927459503253144079_o (resized).jpg

#4948 7 years ago

30th post: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diy-red-dmd-filter

the DMD is still nice and bright, not dark at all same as that guy.

#4967 7 years ago

I didnt peel anything, I just cut it in half and put a little piece of tape out of view on the back of the DMD cover plastic. So its sandwiched between the DMD and the plastic cover; same for SFII.

I have no fuzziness issue either.

2 weeks later
#5046 6 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

But there are 5 Terminator movies!

T3 doesnt count :p

4 weeks later
#5162 6 years ago

Mine is also almost ALWAYS 2nd from the bottom, sometimes it hits between 2nd from bottom and the middle but it still counts as hitting the lower middle target. Never tried to adjust or look into it because its the same every game.

3 weeks later
#5244 6 years ago

Not defending him by any stretch, but he shipped my T2 during the first "flash sale" and it sat at the US/Canada border for almost 2 weeks. It is kinda shitty he isnt replying though, I never had an issue with him.

2 weeks later
#5261 6 years ago

Shameless self promotion, but I finished T2 for color DMDs

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pin2dmd-colorization-of-terminator-2

#5298 6 years ago

Artistically speaking , I dont like the inside blade art alex posted but I do like the one chitown showed in his pix. That being said, if you like that art alex, then put it in your machine and enjoy it! As for toys, they are hit and miss for me but if its your machine and you like them , have at it! I just try to keep mods 100% reversible so if I ever have to sell , I can revert it back.

#5301 6 years ago

now kiss and revert the downvotes.

1 month later
#5420 6 years ago

Someone made a custom ROM to remove that sound from attract mode. This is the only way to do it. I have the file if you need it otherwise I can burn you one if I have a spare eprom in my stash.

I'd love to get that rom too. I currently have the "profanity" rom but I have "fuck you asshole" disabled in the operator menu.

#5431 6 years ago
Quoted from rx3:

Started working on the Cinemachines Aerial Hunter-Killer ship. Going to have to make or find some lenses for the headlights and burners.

Im giddy with anticipation to see the end result!

2 weeks later
#5492 6 years ago

$730 on what is basically a brand new play field with a couple of inserts wrong is still a bargain. Swapping the wiring below is a good idea, just leave yourself a note in the machine that you did it. I have a fairly bad wear spot above my hotdog insert and I'd be happy if I got the PF you did.

#5494 6 years ago

ahhhhhhh well if its just the colors I wouldn't worry about it at all.

#5524 6 years ago
Quoted from Arcadedl:

I've got an extra Brock T1000 chrome figure mod - had bought one of each of the chrome and color ones a while back, and decided I like the color one best. This has never been installed, and also comes with the apron instructions cards included by Brock.
$85 shipped

You should PM ahmedreda on the previous page, they were looking for one.

#5527 6 years ago

if you want unlicensed outsourced decals they are the go to place

#5547 6 years ago
Quoted from RetroRefurbs:

Oh and to the people who like to spread misinformation, no we don't outsource, everything is made inhouse by our team.
Pete
Retro Refurbs

So are you lying now, or were you lying then?

Quoted from RetroRefurbs:

It's a special arrangement I made with local print company, and despite this we're cheaper than all other retailers of translites.
Pete
Retro Refurbs

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/street-fighter-2-is-terrible/page/5#post-3699512

At least you didn't refute that the reprints are unlicensed!

#5549 6 years ago

I own a T2, Pete doesnt.

#5551 6 years ago

Im just going by your pinside collection icon by your name. Glad to see we're playing the downvote game again

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG

#5566 6 years ago

I'm not gonna stir the pot with ya Alex, sorry. Pretty sure Ryadimx remembers me from KLOV anyway. But to ignore someone all you need to do is mouse over their avatar and pick ignore , so there's a little short cut for ya!

I thought we were cordial enough in the T2 colorization thread /shrug

Anyfart, Im still a happy member of the T2 club I even have the Data East rip off pin of LW3! :p

#5568 6 years ago

So the "Skull shot", I hit it almost exclusively with the right flipper. My buddy Bobby hits is almost exclusively with the left flipper. He cant hit it with the right, I can't hit it with the left.

How do you guys hit it, and who can show me the left flipper technique?

#5571 6 years ago

Well does the ball speed matter much or is it just hitting it at the correct point on the flipper?

I'm not above pulling the glass off and just trying the shot over and over
I can never hit the "database shot" so I figured I'd work on this shot first. Most of my scoring is done by triggering "payback time" and hitting even more ramps but jackpot and super jackpot is where its at.

And no Alex, I don't ignore anyone.

#5574 6 years ago

Ive owned the pin about a year, didn't rebuild anything. I don't think they are the issue, I'm pretty sure I am. For all the pins I own I aim for stuff on the right with the left flipper and vice versa. With Comet I can hit the center ramp all day long with the right flipper....not so much with the left

I definitely need to replace the escape route targets though, they are beat to hell and misaligned.

#5577 6 years ago

I jut reverted from the profanity rom to L8 but I havent broke 200M yet :/
Maybe I'll pull the glass and give it a go and see what happens.

#5580 6 years ago

Any place else sell a package deal like this, or have all the parts.......cheaper?
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/TS1779

ChiTown, I'll give the 200M+ points thing a go this weekend, just not enough hours in the day during the week.

#5584 6 years ago

I'll probably get 3 "enhanced" ones and regular for the rest

#5612 6 years ago

Finally got around to installing my Pin2DMD in my T2 , color by Meeeeeeeeeee :p

20171003_194332 (resized).jpg20171003_194332 (resized).jpg
20171003_194316 (resized).jpg20171003_194316 (resized).jpg
20171003_194319 (resized).jpg20171003_194319 (resized).jpg
20171003_201423 (resized).jpg20171003_201423 (resized).jpg
20171003_190053 (resized).jpg20171003_190053 (resized).jpg

#5613 6 years ago

and here's a brief video:

#5616 6 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

How were you not the FIRST person to have your own code installed?!?!

I was, but I pulled it out to work on Godzilla and Lethal Weapon 3 Those are done so this one went back to its home and I ordered more hardware

2 weeks later
#5660 6 years ago

I need an Arnie plastic so bad =(

Quoted from Fezmid:

You have to hit alternate ramps, each 5 times (so 10 shots total). If you can combine payback with multiball, you can really rack up, assuming you can keep track of all of the balls. (I usually can't LOL)

My best game not involving hitting the super jackpot, was done with motorcycle loops. I maxed out the value (5m) then hit like 8 in 10 seconds lol, you get the 5m plus a consecutive million bonus. Sometimes the timing is just perfect and you can really get your loop on.

4 months later
#6152 6 years ago

those are awesome, where did you get them?

2 weeks later
#6224 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

SCHEHERAZADE misspeling on TotAN bites on my nerves everytime I see it!

Shahrazad is also an acceptable spelling, how do they spell it in TotAN? I'm just curious.

#6233 6 years ago
Quoted from BurnDizzyBurn:

its_me_aj Monk Check out service bulletin #33
http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/2524/Williams_1991_Terminator_2_Judgment_Day_Service_Bulletin_33.pdf
This will answer and solve your issue

Different issue. It's not about the ball getting stuck in the skull, its about getting 2 balls trapped behind the drop target. When you lock the Skull shot during multiball (for the jackpot multiplier) you can sometimes get a 2nd ball behind the drop target before it has time time pop up and "lock the ball" behind the target.

Happened to me a ton, I just increased the angle of the game a bit and it happens a little less frequently.

2 weeks later
#6286 6 years ago

Cards going to be free to download or plastered with your watermark like all the art you showed off over on BYOAC?

#6289 6 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

PLENTY of cards out there for T2. No sweat off our backs.

Agreed, the colors are too muddled anyway. Black stroked grey text on a grey background.......

It was more idle curiosity than anything else.

#6299 6 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Because he always offers what he can do for free, but in fact nobody there got anything from him. He never shared anything for free and bothered the community with his penetrated behaviour.

so exactly the same reason he got banned at BYOAC

#6305 6 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Man, I'm out of here... don't waste my time with that Mikonos bullshit anymore.

We'd rather have you than that bag of beans.

#6308 6 years ago

I suggest taking it to PM so we dont have to get spammed with his big useless pictures.

#6318 6 years ago

He watermarked a fucking picture of him holding a piece of vinyl -_-

Just make one post with all the info. We don't need a bunch of your threads peppered in here promoting your product.

Hows about he starts his own thread instead?

#6332 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

But they're about different things and all relevant to T2.
Is there a reason why it bothersome in this case?

specific user's history perhaps (not just pinside) ? I mean that's why I'm irritated by it. If he didn't have the shit reputation he has, I'd still be annoyed by all the giant useless pictures.

The most bothersome aspect that every post is about shit he's selling , and no real interaction with anyone about anything else.

I'm with snakesnsparklers

#6351 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Does anyone need a T2 speaker panel in good condition?

I do, $?

Mines pretty chewed up and gnarled.

#6375 6 years ago
Quoted from Mikonos:

I have printed results. It is difficult to photo chrome material, but it is so beautiful!

I think instead of the PM threats he's just reporting all the posts. So in an effort to be more civil and more verbose I'll try again.

I disagree. Your color choices are questionable at best. The greys muddle together despite the entry level stroke effect around the content text. The choice of red on the "highlight text" is practically unreadable. Sure its more readable with the sun on it, but my pinballs are indoors.

The fence location is poor...... mise-en-scene, and the framing of the text exacerbates the clutter. You may be talented at vectoring existing art, but you lack the fundamental knowledge of art to make your own.

This is not an attack on you but a critique of the "art" you are peddling. If this were a watermark free for all download I'd be less critical but when you are presenting it as a commercial offering, its just not that good. I'd advocate starting your own "art" thread rather than unnecessarily and repeatedly posting to a club thread. There is a difference between "hey here's my 'art' to buy/download" and "hey here's 6 posts full of in progress shots and giant screen shots".

#6380 6 years ago
Quoted from Mikonos:

... and my custom "crew" card.

And you some how made an even less readable card than before. Your usage of stroke and drop shadow on every layer isn't a design choice, its just an amateur "effect" that every newbie to photoshop does, I used to do it too. Just like the lens flare you used on the Terminator logo. I'm actually shocked you didn't stroke and shadow your water mark. You center framed the next but immediately throw off the image balance by placing logos down the left side. The biggest design flaw in pretty much everything you do is that your images lack contrast. If you have a super dark back ground you use light colored text; if the background is light you use dark text. Its like beginner design 101. If I were going to highlight text, I'd add a soft color tone to draw attention, not completely change the color or use multiple colors to highlight.

Quoted from Mikonos:

I like to add information, I think it adds beautiful and useful information in my opinion.
Regards

Ahh yes, without ever seeing this card I would have never known this game had a dot matrix or that Schwarzenegger was the Terminator.
Super awesome of you to give the original artist credit for using his work on your cards:
https://dadmad.deviantart.com/art/Skynet-T800-Factory-424669286

I didnt even mention how the background isnt even based on T2 at all.

#6385 6 years ago

Those are the cards I have on my T2

#6391 5 years ago
Quoted from Arcadedl:

Those do look awesome...is their anyone out there willing to print a set for me. I'd be willing to pay a few $$ for time and materials/shipping.
Thanks,
Dan

I am pretty sure I have an extra set. My machine came with them, and when I bought the T1000 mod he packed in another set. Lemme make sure I can find them, and you can have them for free.

EDIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I do have them. Just PM me a shipping address.

T2.JPGT2.JPG

1 week later
#6451 5 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Where's that stupid Mikonos Clown?

He got a 1 week vacation from the thread. Don't Beetlejuice him back!

RE: Laser I thought about adding it and wiring in a toggle switch. I don't need the laser to line up the shot, but when my mom visited she couldn't hit the target to save her life.

#6457 5 years ago

No doubt it's cheating, but I could see the benefit for total neophytes. I cheat a different way, I lean over to the side of the machine. Well I used to, I can actually just do it without even looking now. There are audible clues for the first shot too.

I thought about buying the laser cannon mod without the laser (He sells that too) just because I like the look of it.

#6462 5 years ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

I'm not interested in it for a tactical advantage. Even before I joined the military, had extensive weapons training, qualified double expert 7 times, and multiple tours down range, I had no trouble hitting the targets on T2. I just think it looks cool as hell!

Then get one, and make the laser be off target

#6491 5 years ago

awwwwwman my SFII Alt translight looks SO MUCH BETTER NOW! I knew it was missing something. Speaking of Alt translights, Im working on a T2 alt , all original based on the movie. I commissioned the art so, Im gonna have to break even on it before I release the files for free. Wont clog this thread with large teaser pix but I will post when its done. stpcore will be providing prints as always.
Here's a small section of it, I put a very unobtrusive watermark on it.

T800 (resized).pngT800 (resized).png

#6502 5 years ago

He started regular multi-ball, then the trough detected the 4th ball thinking he instant drained and shot it into the playfield.

#6510 5 years ago

awwww man I'd kick a baby for a new Arnie plastic

#6546 5 years ago

got a better pic of the back of the playfield picture? The one that is usually just Arnie and Robert Patrick ?

#6550 5 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Ya I can snap a pic tonight mine has the chrome ed one... however if I could have found try original that is what I would have used. But it’s grown on me kinda like the reflectiveness of it

I'm going to make a custom one to go with the new translight I'm making, but that one looks neat. Be cool to have a better look at it.

#6554 5 years ago

Here is a pic of the backboard decal on mine. Sorry only one I had on phone may have to zoom in a bit I’ll try to get a better one

Yeah the Cannon VUK wireform is in the way , I zoomed in on the other pic and I got a good idea of what it looks like but if you don't mind I'd still like to see it kind of up close and personal

No color DMD, personally I don't feel it does much for T2... compare that to Indy that is chocked full of amazing animations... Indy is a must.

For me, it'd be worth getting for the video mode alone (something I couldn't do on pin2DMD, making colorDMD the better choice) , but I get where you're coming from. The majority of the animations don't really lend themselves to colorization in a manner that matters. Its mostly like, closing doors and shit, but man, the video mode is a brazillion times better with it. The HK Explosion is pretty cool too.

3 weeks later
#6604 5 years ago

I have the flesh tone painted one as well, its such a great addition to the game.

4 weeks later
#6669 5 years ago

Even color dmd for this title...there are like 4 animations, maybe 5?

Yeah but the their videomode colorization is pretty great on T2. I guess no one is going to want to buy my new T2 alt translight when its done =(

#6671 5 years ago

Hopefully RetroRefurbs wont steal it and try to sell it out from under me like he did with SFII. That's right, he got banned for persistent copyright infringement -_-

T2PreView (resized).jpegT2PreView (resized).jpeg

#6673 5 years ago

Everything is in 300 DPI or higher. Its definitely busier than the default translight but the pin doesn't have very much of a movie tie in. I plan to redesign some plastic pieces too just so its all a little more cohesive

And I need to re-enforce that this is a commissioned piece by opt2not. I put together the basics in photoshop with movie scenes and he's making it a true work of art.

#6679 5 years ago

Sorry bro. Love your work, but def not putting any more money into my t2. Translite looks a little busy IMO....

Yeah I know that art is subjective and some people wont like it, but its for me I'm just making it available in case other people want it. The original draft was way busier, lol.

DMD Extender is a great option for T2. If you buy a good used LCD panel from eBay you can be all in for about $200. I have mine set to 4 shades of red and it looks awesome, but you can choose other colors to swap in as well.

RubyLith is like $10 with almost the same results.

3 weeks later
#6744 5 years ago

if anyone buys a set in the US, and doesn't need the arnie plastic, I'll buy it off of you. Its my only cracked plastic =(

2 months later
#6843 5 years ago

Machine looks great. I wish I could fix the wear near my hotdog

1 month later
#6922 5 years ago

My bet would be the plastic that goes under it with the LEDs

2 weeks later
#6944 5 years ago

clear on the sling shots!

I think black and white looks equally good.

4 months later
#7253 4 years ago

I'll have a T2 Alt translight for sale soon. Completely original work of art as to not piss off Planetary Pinball, and Retro Refurbs cant steal it from me and sell it either. Im waiting for the first print to arrive so I can take some pictures of it installed

4 weeks later
#7313 4 years ago

Anyone interested in an ALT translight? All original hand drawn art and would be $110 shipped in the CONTUS
2019-06-20 (resized).jpg2019-06-20 (resized).jpg

I'll get a pic with it on my T2 when I get a chance to run over to storage and hook it up.

#7317 4 years ago

I'm going to ensure fitment , and snap some pix of it lit up, yours will be the first order filled if you still want one This is probably going to be a very limited run,maybe 50 total

2 months later
#7409 4 years ago

Looks like you have a credit dot too, so make sure you go through all the switch tests after you sort the lighting out.

3 weeks later
#7439 4 years ago

lol.

That translight looks neat but doesnt line up with the LEDs very well. Im waiting on my final print so I can start selling my alt translight.

3 weeks later
#7472 4 years ago

lookie what I bought at whiterose, thanks PiNDoCToR

2019-10-11 (resized).jpg2019-10-11 (resized).jpg

#7475 4 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

I hope its just the photo quality, otherwise the colors on that PF are very badly faded... And if so, I hope you got a killer deal on it!

Its my crummy cam, the PF is pretty much perfect. There is an ever so slight raise in the "you'll be back" insert but I'll take that over the wear at the hotdog insert on my current PF.
wornout (resized).jpgwornout (resized).jpg

1 month later
#7549 4 years ago

Mine's black and my special insert is red on both the PF in the game and the restored PF

#7552 4 years ago

yeah we know, mine are getting changed to blue. I believe they are saying those are still the original factory sleeves?

the special insert being clear IS unique

3 weeks later
#7597 4 years ago

I started my play field swap today, 2 hours in ,looks like barely anything done. Reran the wiring in the head and I've got a bunch of connectors to replace (burned, taped together,etc) and I wiped most of it down. It was filthy.

Are these factory drywall screws? /s
drywall (resized).jpgdrywall (resized).jpg

I have new targets to replace those anyway, I just thought it was funny. I'm going through and moving all the posts that I can, then I'll flip it over and move all the electronics, then solder all the connections back on, then finally put it back in the body and start putting back in the ramps and stuff. If the hotdog wear wasnt so bad on this game I probably wouldn't bother swapping the PFs but I got a restored one within budget and this is one of those games I dont ever plan to get rid of.

I've been taking a crap ton of pictures as I go in case I or anyone else needs them.

#7619 4 years ago

I'm embarrassed to say how long it took to get this far

pinball3 (resized).jpgpinball3 (resized).jpg
#7622 4 years ago

As long as it isnt too pricey to order that tiny piece I will get one.

Im going to pin the solenoids with QCs if I feel up to it, else they'll just get re-soldered. The ball trough cliffy didnt have adhesive but it'll get put on when the time comes. Which at this pace will be the Christmas after next -_-

#7630 4 years ago

Wheres a good place to get a complete clear rubber kit for T2? I figured since I have it all apart I mine as well do the clear conversion. I'll prolly order some new clear star posts while Im at it.

#7638 4 years ago

how much for you to make one? I'm assuming the text part gets covered by the ball guide?

#7640 4 years ago

I have no luck drilling holes in plexi thats why I was asking the cost.

1 week later
#7663 4 years ago

I finished hand polishing all the ball guides and re-installing them. I'm almost ready to start moving the bottom side over.
T2 (resized).jpgT2 (resized).jpg

The last guide on the right is installed I just took the pic before it was done :/

#7671 4 years ago

people pay big money for the arnie plastic

4 weeks later
#7721 4 years ago

that goes to a PCB under the playfield that I think can only plug in 1 way, so the PCB must be upside down

1 month later
#7848 4 years ago

not shown, but I bought all new targets and have them installed. I pulled all the black and white rubbers and got some clears from Pinball Life.

clears (resized).jpgclears (resized).jpg
1 week later
#7855 4 years ago

Swap that bulb with the one next to it. If the problem stays in the same spot, its likely a trace on that little PCB or possibly wiring to that PCB. If the problem moves its the bulb.

Shouldnt the center target be red? and you should tweak their positions

#7865 4 years ago

I've played a hand full, they all had red center targets and the one I bought also had a red center target.
I think mine was also a re-import.

#7870 4 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Well all the T2's I've seen here in Australia have never had a red target there and checking the T2 Parts List is shows 5 white (A-14690-5), 3 orange (A-14690-15) & 3 red (A-14691-4)

I know for a fact mine werent stock, I mean its pretty obvious:
merp (resized).jpgmerp (resized).jpg

BUT, I always saw the center target red, so I just assumed they used what they had on hand in red (and in this case, white too lol).

#7883 4 years ago

The should be roughly the same, just put brighter LEDs in them.

1 week later
#7896 4 years ago
Quoted from retroware99:

I just picked up a T2 with a bunch of minor issues and have most of them sorted. But, I have a somewhat embarrassing question. The knocker is not working and I am unable to identify the solenoid/assembly. It might be missing or I might just be an idiot. It was not at all clear from the manual were this is located. A picture or description of where this is located would be greatly appreciated.

knockit (resized).jpgknockit (resized).jpg
#7903 4 years ago

I finally slid the wire harness over and started bolting stuff back down. I replaced the pop bumper skirts with new blue ones, going to eventually order new blue clear caps. I also have 2 flipper rebuild kits.

Should I bother buying a playfield protector? The entire topside is still stripped so it'd make for an easy install.

T2again (resized).jpgT2again (resized).jpg
#7905 4 years ago

Almost done my PF swap, so I decided to go ahead and rebuild one of the flippers:

Before:
BEFORE (resized).jpgBEFORE (resized).jpg

Everything removed:
dirtmcgirt (resized).jpgdirtmcgirt (resized).jpg

Scrubbed:
scrubbed (resized).jpgscrubbed (resized).jpg

hand polished:
polished (resized).jpgpolished (resized).jpg

and all back together:
AFTER (resized).jpgAFTER (resized).jpg

I know the vid1900 guide says the diodes don't go on the coil stop end, but this is how it was and it worked fine. I only rebuild the flippers cause I had to clean the gunk and I figured I should since its all apart anyway!

#7907 4 years ago

I didnt realize the kit didnt come with them till it was too late, so I just got it as clean as I could. They are only like 80 cents a pop, not worth reusing at all to be honest.

#7908 4 years ago

and the other ones done

the plunger bushing was held in with a single drywall screw -_-
found screws that fit aaaaaaaand that was that
otheronedone (resized).jpgotheronedone (resized).jpg

#7913 4 years ago

Well who ever did the work on this game before was just winging it. I can make all the shots easily enough, I only did the rebuild kits because I had the machine apart anyway. Still undecided on ordering a PF protector.

Off the top of my head so far I've had:
3 drop targets held together with drywall screws
Speaker wire used for the flipper coil wiring
A drywall screw through the left flipper bearing all the way into the playfield
drywall screws holding the back left corner together
2 targets that mounted the wrong way
GI lights just hanging down under the PF

There's also only 2 bolts holding the gun together and 2 others bolting it to the machine. I'm not going to mention all the wire hacks in the loom or the GLOBS of solder on the replaced switches.

I still need to find replacement bolts for the gun though.

#7914 4 years ago

Here is where Im at now:
moreT2 (resized).jpgmoreT2 (resized).jpg

The bottom is all done, and all the switches have been swapped out to new ones. Im diggin the blue skirts and pop bumpers

#7916 4 years ago

Mine almost always makes it, likely always will now with the restored PF and plenty of wax.
Why is the tip out so far on yours?

#7922 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

I like your instruction cards!
Where can I find those?

mine came with various mods I bought. I have a spare set of the "T1" style cards if you want them.
2020-04-18 (resized).jpg2020-04-18 (resized).jpg

I can send them in an envelope, no worries just PM me a shipping address.

Now this......
gettinthere (resized).jpggettinthere (resized).jpg
this puts a smile on my face. I just gotta plug everything back in ans hope it doesnt catch fire.

#7925 4 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Looks great. I always feel the same way when I do a restoration. I say a small prayer and then......it always works lol

You must pray gooder, I wired it all up, flipped the switch and the LEDs under the pop bumpers let out their magic smoke.

I pulled the wiring off of the pop bumpers and taped it off, I'll track down the fuse in the morning and try again. I'll probably just get the rings that go under the pop bumpers, and wire them into the GI and not use the wires and staples that are already there.

#7928 4 years ago

So after melting the pop bumper LEDs , then unhooking the wires......
alllitup (resized).jpgalllitup (resized).jpg
I have it all back together and mostly working.

Issues are:
Balls not detected in the trough , I am going to try to adjust the switch and switch placement.
Ball loader arm thingie takes 2 or 3 tries to get a ball in the shooter lane
Right side GI is out, going to try and find the correct fuse that I blew with the pop bumper wiring
Figure out the right way to wire the pop bumper lights

AND THE BIG ONE....
The cannon doesnt move. I have no idea where to even start to fix this.

EDIT: Also the 2 scoops where the database shot and the one above the multiplier lanes aren't detecting the ball either. I did swap out the scoops with clears but I might put the reds back and see if that fixes it.

The ball loader arm is fine, its the cliffy thats sticking up a little, so Im going to try and fix that.

3 weeks later
#7980 3 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

I guess this is a differents between american and british english?

https://www.dictionary.com/e/judgement-vs-judgment/

Both spellings are socially acceptable but judgment is the more common spelling. I cant say anything, I made the same mistake on my custom translight's first print. I only call it a typo because the movie's title lacks the e.

Quoted from Lackpants:

Covid 19 has let me work in the basement to social distance myself and I've made alot of my own mods.

So honest feedback, the roses look really bad and out of place (Im aware of the roses in the movie). The Cyberdine building..... its a great idea but in the movie it didnt have a giant sign on the top, just one over the door. I'd ditch the words and put Arnie with a mini-gun in one of the windows instead.

#7987 3 years ago
Quoted from smcclain65:

Does anybody know where these clear blue flipper bats came from? These are really nice with the clear rubber. I looked at marcos and pinball life and didn't see anything.

I forget where I got mine, probably ebay or something, Ive had em for years.

I found these and they look the same:
https://littleshopofgames.com/shop/playfield-machinery/flipper-bats-and-shafts/transparent-blue-williams-logo-pinball-machine-flipper-bat-with-shaft-20-10110-10/

or

https://littleshopofgames.com/shop/playfield-machinery/flipper-bats-and-shafts/transparent-light-blue-williams-logo-pinball-machine-flipper-bat-with-shaft-10110-30/

#7992 3 years ago

I sent my original apron to Mr_Tantrum and he made me a replacement one that looks factory. Shoot him a PM.

#7998 3 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Can I ask how me charged?

Be faster to just ask him direct, I dont remember :/

T2Apron (resized).jpgT2Apron (resized).jpg

The blackest of blacks and you cant tell its a vinyl.

5 months later
#8130 3 years ago

anyone have a line on where I can find replacement bolts for the gun? both the mounting bolts and the ones that hold it together.

#8140 3 years ago

Anyone have pictures of where the wires come in that feed the pop bumpers , the GI near the cannon, and the cannon?

Im trying to iron out the last of the bugs and I cant find my "before playfield swap" pictures.

2 weeks later
#8181 3 years ago

ok so after a year I finally got my GI working and the cannon moving!

So onto my next issue.....
My left most trough switch is broken, the one with the "hook"
hook (resized).pnghook (resized).png
(not my machine but thats the switch)
I dont have a t2 manual so I cant look up the part number, anyone have an idea? I think that being broken is whats causing my trough issues, and even if its not the fix, it still needs fixed.

EDIT : Just to clarify, that picture is NOT of my machine, just of the switch Im talking about, I grabbed the image from the photo gallery of this thread. I know its missing a diode, mine is not, mines got a broken switch actuator that snapped just short of the hook.

EDIT 2: found it
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/5647-12133-12

EDIT THREEEEEEEE: The switches were cheaper at Pinball life, but Marcos had the gun bolts I needed and shipping costs killed the idea of ordering from both vendors :/
cost (resized).pngcost (resized).png

#8183 3 years ago

a friend is sending me his (he doesnt have the machine anymore) but thanks for the links!

1 week later
#8195 3 years ago

I finally got around to installing my custom ALT translight.
Lights on, machine off
T2Alt2 (resized).jpgT2Alt2 (resized).jpg
Lights off, machine on
T2Alt (resized).jpgT2Alt (resized).jpg

If you want one, Jeff West @ ArcadeXL is the only one allowed to print them. This wasnt some art snagged from a website, this was custom made for me by the very Talented Bryan Gillingham of the Artcade blog.

https://www.facebook.com/XLarcades

Just message him and tell him you want the custom t2 translight you saw on pinside.

#8197 3 years ago

Thanks but I already ordered everything from Marco per your suggestion. I was playing a game after fixing the trough switch and the left flipper died, so Im going to try and get that sorted tomorrow morning

1 month later
#8316 3 years ago

Decided to paint my dull worn guns. I cant afford powder coating, so this is a good bandaid.

3 light coats of satin black , 3 light coats of clear.
I left the trigger unpainted for contrast and because I figured it'd wear off and be half painted in no time.

pewpew1 (resized).jpgpewpew1 (resized).jpgpewpew2 (resized).jpgpewpew2 (resized).jpg
3 months later
#8594 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

The second issue is the bonus lights on the right start with the 5,000,000 light and progresses down the board towards 250,000 Proper points are awarded jus the wrong lights are on.

Spin the light PCB around 180 degrees.

2 weeks later
#8640 2 years ago

I'm out guys, been a member a long time but you can welcome DorkInAbox with open arms

1 month later
#8658 2 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Couple of chromies on the go..one for me, one for a friend [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Why you gotta make me miss my T2 so much? :/

1 month later
#8682 2 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Another couple of chromes on the planet....

With a custom coloration (not as custom as max tho, thank god)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 39.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 21.95
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider malenko.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/terminator-2-clubmembers-only?tu=malenko and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.