• Topic is favorited by 274 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

53663951190_696642b1ae_c (resized).jpg
53663311748_14568d061c_c (resized).jpg
53662225557_f2e8f3ac6e_k (resized).jpg
Williams_1991_Terminator_2_Judgment_Day_Manual_-_Update.pdf (PDF preview)
A2_Feature_Adjustments_(Update).pdf (PDF preview)
Terminator2_L8_4.pdf (PDF preview)
53639132189_e8b428873f_k (resized).jpg
53639132179_2f5a4b2c09_k (resized).jpg
IMG_5447 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5475 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5462 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240401_002830006 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240401_002816443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_192714330 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_192724360 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_192719354 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kilmarnock1350.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3791 8 years ago

Sign me up!

Got a machine that needs some work. I've never worked on drop targets before. The drop target won't stay up when the coil pushes it up. It just doesn't catch.

There looks to be a wire, component, diode etc missing (picture attached).

It seems to me there is a lip on the surface of the part that doesn't move, and there's a catch on the portion that does move. and the piece that knocks the drop target down pushes the catch off the lip?? Does that make sense? Do the lips/catch wear down to the point it won't hold? Is there an adjustment? help here needed thanks.

Also working some weird issues, such as a mysterious slam tilt, and during multiball the skeleton lock doesn't always recognize the ball, and in multiball the ball trough kickout continuously fires.

Thoughts?

IMG_6020.jpgIMG_6020.jpg

IMG_6021.jpgIMG_6021.jpg

#3792 8 years ago

Continuation of above post. I now see there is a switch missing the leaf/mechanism etc, and I'm pretty sure a diode.

I'm hoping this was not removed because this was causing problems, but I'm betting it was.

Just got the machine, manual is on the way... Can I get a part number for this switch to replace from somebody?? also, maybe a picture of how it's SUPPOSED to look and what it is supposed to engage.

Again, I'm a drop target newbie... not sure how it's designed.

Thanks... thoughts?

p.s. The coils fire in test mode... this switch is giving no error report.

Things I should check prior to installing new switch to avoid bigger problems?

IMG_6023.jpgIMG_6023.jpg

#3796 8 years ago

Ok, replacing the micro switch on the drop target. The diode goes between pin 1 and pin 3... which end does the "banded" end of the diode go? Is this true on all microswitches on this machine? Because every single switch the banded end is on the end without a wire input, with the exception of the ball trough/outkicker switch which has been replaced (poor soldering) and it is backwards from all the other microswitches.

Can somebody check your machine and let me know on the orientation of the diode at the drop target, and the ball trough out kicker micro switches?

Thanks.

#3798 8 years ago
Quoted from Patofnaud:Refer to the manual, page 2-36.
See the switch matrix up top?
Find your switch in the multiplication table below it...
I 'think' the skull lock is called "Top Lock" and is switch 55.. According to the table it should have a white-green wire on one end and a green-black on the other.
Confirm that is what you have to make sure we are talking the same switch.
If it is,,,,
Go back to the top matrix, find switch 55, then look at the blow up of a diode just above that multiplication table.. It looks like;
White --|>|- Green
The BAND on the diode is facing the green. And looking that the chart you will see all top row wires are green with a stripe, all left column wires are white with a stripe.
This help?

Yeah, I think so.

#3799 8 years ago

Really starting to hate this particular machine. So many issues.

The left side play field "latch" doesn't lay in it's place. It takes a significant amount of tug and firm pressing to get it in place. I see/know of no adjustment for this.

Thoughts?

IMG_6031.jpgIMG_6031.jpg

IMG_6032.jpgIMG_6032.jpg

#3800 8 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

You can download a PDF version of the file here: http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=2524 The diagram of the drop target is on page 2-23.
For the target not staying up, you should look at the latch on the target itself and the mate to the latch on the frame of the assembly. Part numbers 03-8033 and 03-8034
The switch is part 5647-12693-31 and there is supposed to be a diode on that switch. I suspect someone cut it off at some point to stop the switch from registering when the drop target stopped staying up...

Thanks! ordered a paper copy, forgot they were loaded on ipdb!

#3813 8 years ago

edited. Post deleted.

#3814 8 years ago

Please look at your machines and tell me if this is correct. The left inlane metal guide has 2 lite holes, the right one only has 1. When standing at the machine playing the lite shines right through and is annoying on the eyes.

IMG_6084.jpgIMG_6084.jpg

#3817 8 years ago
Quoted from Navy_AT1:

Hello pinside! New T2 Owner here... it is my first Pin and while I most likely paid too much.. I will still enjoy the hell out of maintaining it and slowly making it as nice as possible. I will post pictures soon..

Nice! I like the yellow sleeves.

Do you know which LEDs are in it, was it a kit or pieced together?

Also, are the bumper caps blue, or clear with a blue LED?

Getting ready to LED mine, I ordered from Melissa at CT.

#3819 8 years ago

Playfield plastics needed. Both slings, and a large plastic to the left side of the skull (when facing the machine as playing)

Pics attached of what I need.

Anyone know of someone selling or have?

GS-T2-31-1-50013-16-SPL.jpgGS-T2-31-1-50013-16-SPL.jpg

image_43539_1.jpgimage_43539_1.jpg

#3826 8 years ago

Switch 24, Test Position Always Closed.

What is this switch/circuit? What does it do, where is it?

I'm trouble shooting a pesky slam tilt issue and this has me confused as to what this is.

Thanks for any info.

#3832 8 years ago
Quoted from joe2012:

Kilmarnock, Pinwiki has a section on switch #24. Joe

I couldn't find it... can you send a link? and thanks.

#3833 8 years ago

When are the skull lamps (upper eyes) supposed to be illuminated? Can't find that info in the manual. Since it's a controlled circuit I assume they aren't on all the time.

#3854 8 years ago

I get an airball about 100% of the time off of the drop target from a full force right flipper shot.

Normal? Adjustment capability?

1 week later
#3861 8 years ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

At random times while playing a game it will repeat "lock sequence initiated" over & over. Also at times the moving target lights will keep moving after the trigger shoots the ball... any ideas what the problem is? Thanks

Does the drop target drop or think that it was hit when repeating "lock sequence initiated"??

Maybe a weird switch matrix error that makes the drop target micro switch think it's being activated. May need adjusted? ie it is right at the break point in the switch and vibration triggers it?

When the gun hits the target, is the target being registered?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 39.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 21.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Harrisburg, PA
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kilmarnock1350.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/terminator-2-clubmembers-only?tu=kilmarnock1350 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.