• Topic is favorited by 274 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

53663951190_696642b1ae_c (resized).jpg
53663311748_14568d061c_c (resized).jpg
53662225557_f2e8f3ac6e_k (resized).jpg
Williams_1991_Terminator_2_Judgment_Day_Manual_-_Update.pdf (PDF preview)
A2_Feature_Adjustments_(Update).pdf (PDF preview)
Terminator2_L8_4.pdf (PDF preview)
53639132189_e8b428873f_k (resized).jpg
53639132179_2f5a4b2c09_k (resized).jpg
IMG_5447 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5475 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5462 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240401_002830006 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240401_002816443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_192714330 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_192724360 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_192719354 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fezmid.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4862 7 years ago

So I just got my first ever pinball machine, T2! Woo! I'm looking forward to learning a lot in this hobby.

Sadly, my 2nd game in, and I already have a problem. I wanted to play a little before having a problem!

So first, as I shot under ramp in the upper left, the ball got stuck on a wire. D'oh. I turned it off (because I didn't think I should leave it on when removing the glass), pulled the glass back, unstuck the ball, and tried to move the wire out of the way. I then turned it back on.

Unfortunately, not there's something sticking out in the initial shooting lane (probably wrong terminology). I'm not sure how to fix that without breaking anything -- I'm guessing pushing it down probably isn't the right answer. :/ Help?

t2-ballstuck (resized).jpgt2-ballstuck (resized).jpg

#4866 7 years ago

Not sure -- whatever default was when I got it (Gwaxt72 shipped it with legs on). Seems fast, but I'll try to figure out how to calculate that (and I guess I really should try to level it too -- not sure if it's level or not :/ ).

That said - I fixed my first problem! Thanks, LTG -- I was a little nervous taking the glass off (especially after reading this thread.... https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tempered-glass-tips ). But I did it, bent the wire a little bit, and started the machine up -- took a few ejections of the ball, but then it finally pushed it down even further and now it's at a good location and seems to work. I tested it a couple dozen times with no problems. My first pinball repair (baby steps, I know).

Then it was a little scary putting the glass back in... But that's done too!

#4868 7 years ago

Still not 100% fixed. The switch wire doesn't seem to always go back down, and the plunger sometimes gets stuck in the wire, so I'll have to look at it a little closer later - good to know it's a generic issue though.

LTG: I'll probably take you up on that at some point, once I'm out of my aircast and can sit in a car for that long!

I'll definitely look into the level and the pitch very soon. So much to learn, but it's exciting!!!

#4870 7 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Dude, that wire looks like its barely popping up. Its not the wire. Did you put the legs on the wrong sides? Take the glass off, use your iphone and level app, lay it on its side on the playfield and measure the angle.

It was shipped with the legs already on.

The picture kinda sucks but the wire is definitely higher than any of the other switches. If you zoom in, you will see that it is halfway up the ball.

I will try to measure the pitch tomorrow but I think it's fine - game plays fast.

#4872 7 years ago

For those who asked, I just measured (using a cell phone app) and the pitch is between 6.5 and 7 degrees, so that's good.

The switch by the launcher does move fine when I press it with my finger. It just looks like it's standing up too high, so I think I need to bend the wire a little bit so that it's lower profile? It's almost entirely in the playfield right now, which doesn't look anything like any of the other switches/wires. In addition, the plunger (is that what it's called?) occasionally gets stuck in the wire, pushing it to the side. I figured out how to see under the playfield now (just lift!), so will need to see what I can do.

I realized today that the right most red target to the right of the skull (below the bumpers) doesn't register when it's hit. The light underneath it looks to be blinking very faintly and very quickly as well. I'll have to see what it looks like underneath the playfield tonight, but if anyone has suggestions on what to look for, that'd be great.

I wanted a machine that helps me learn -- this is definitely it!

EDIT: The right most red target still doesn't work, but now if I hit the left or center one, it automatically lights up the right one.... :/

#4874 7 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

Does your display have a dot after "Free Play" or "Credit"?

It looks like there's a period after "Free play" when I'm playing, but not before. I'm assuming that's what you mean? I'll have to run the tests when I have some extra time later today, thanks!

1 month later
#5070 6 years ago

Probably a stupid question, but I'm new to pinball ownership and don't want to screw anything up...

The rubber on my right bumper snapped off last weekend, so I had to place an order for more. I just got the order today and then realized I wasn't 100% sure how to put the new rubber on. On the surface it seemed simple -- remove 5 screws, pull the Terminator hand off, then just wrap the rubber around the bumper and put the hand back on with the 5 screws. I took a picture to highlight what I'm talking about.

I started unscrewing one of the screws and realized that it's REALLY long and goes all the way through multiple levels, so that's why I was a little concerned -- I still think that's all there is to it, but figured I'd ask, just to be safe... Thanks!

20170503_170327(1) (resized).jpg20170503_170327(1) (resized).jpg

#5077 6 years ago

Thanks - will see what I can do tonight. I already had to take the Hunter Killer ship off in order to re-seat the metal guide in the ramp (whatever it's called, it popped out, scratched my playfield a little and wouldn't go back into the hole properly without taking it all apart).

#5080 6 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

You may be able to save yourself some trouble -- I just did the left side a few weeks ago, and didn't even have to bother with those bottom three screws. Once the ones located in the vicinity of the slingshot were out, there was enough flexibility / free play in the "hand" plastic to lift it (and the actual slingshot plastic) up just enough to slide the new rubber underneath. Up to you, of course.

I ended up having to take off the "hand" plastic, then unbolt the ramp so I could get the rubber underneath everything, but I got it done last night so I was pretty excited. However I'm having trouble getting the screws that go through the bumper/hand back in -- the screws are fine, but the nut that's supposed to connect underneath is a pain since you can't actually see underneath the bumper to screw it back in (it was hard enough getting the needle nose pliers under there to hold the bolt when undoing the screw). Am I missing something obvious or do I just need to keep working at it? (it still plays well with just the screws going in, but I want to put it back the way it was).

2 months later
#5324 6 years ago

Anyone install the ColorDMD yet? I want to buy one, but can't decide between LED or LCD. I'm leaning towards LED, but wondering what others think.

#5326 6 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

I just want to know how well it works, period.

Yeah, that too...

#5335 6 years ago
Quoted from Frogman:

I have the LED and love it. The colorization breathed new life into an already great game. I have a LED on a TOM and a LCD on a SM. I prefer the crispness of the LED's, but the either way you go, ColorDMD makes a top notch product that is easy to install.

Why did you pick LED for T2? Did you try it with your LCD too?

#5340 6 years ago

Just ordered the LED ColorDMD last night. Will post a video when I get it if nobody else does beforehand.

#5341 6 years ago

I received the LED ColorDMD yesterday -- great service as I just ordered it on Friday night! I tried getting some good video, but apparently when I'm being recorded, I play like crap.... So here's two gameplays, but I didn't hit everything. Of course as soon as I turn the camera off, I get 164M, hit the chase loop a few times, get Payback mode a couple of times, and hit video mode as well, so... Sorry. Maybe I'll try again later.

Installation was really easy as well. The only part of the instructions that were a little confusing was about connecting a ground wire to the "bare metal" -- took me a few minutes to realize that the bottom two corners where you screw the DMD have the powdercoating removed so that it's "bare metal." I'm a little slow... Otherwise, I was done in probably 10 minutes.

#5345 6 years ago
Quoted from Bugsy:

Does anyone have the issue where if you hit the drop target, the momentum from the ball will still take it into the skull? You'd think that the drop target would keep it from going in there in one shot, requiring you to make another shot into the skull.

Yeah, that happens to me from time to time. I wouldn't say regularly, but maybe once every 15-20 shots.

#5362 6 years ago

Had a weird bug pop up on the game today and was wondering if anyone else has seen this. I loaded the cannon and got multiball twice. I then loaded the cannon again, it told me I had to hit 3 targets (so far, so good). I made my shot, managed to hit two targets with one ball, so it said I had 1 target remaining. I load the cannon again and it says I have 255 targets to hit! Umm... But only one target was blinking, so I thought no big deal. I load the canon again, and this time it says 254 targets to hit, and there are NO blinking lights.... Uhh.... Unfortunately, after the ball launched, it went SDTM so I didn't get to try again.

Anyone else see this and know what caused it?

#5367 6 years ago

Thanks for that link, guys! I've encountered the "lock with 0 seconds" bug before, but the 255 targets thing basically means you'll never get a chance at a Jackpot/Superjackpot, so really sucks.

Still not sure what caused it. Maybe it thought I hit three targets, but the one target was still blinking, so maybe not. No idea.... At least it wasn't just me.

2 weeks later
#5428 6 years ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

There hasn't been much talk about the T2 color DMD? Have any if you bought one?
Which style do you prefer? LED or LCD ?
Is it worth the $400 ?

Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Someone promised a video....
LED
YES

I posted a couple. Don't remember where, but here's the links again:

I bought the LED one because it felt more true to the game. I saw LCD on a Metallica (set without dots) and I just didn't like the look. I absolutely LOVE the ColorDMD with T2 though! Definitely worth the money. The only issue is that I spent so much time admiring the screen for the first few days that I couldn't get any good scores. I'd take my eye off the game to admire the color and BAM, lost the ball.

1 month later
#5608 6 years ago
Quoted from Minneapolispin:

Hmmm.. I'll have to check which drop targets to hit when I get home. Something must have been wrong with my last game if I never saw the Database random award happen, even after playing a few hundred games. So far I've only played about 10 full games on this new machine and have yet to see it lit. I only get the jackpot increasing.

The drop target is the one that leads to the skull. Hit that target, database turns on, and your next shot to the skull locks.

#5631 6 years ago

Does anyone know if there's a place to buy decals for the canon? Mine are peeling off and look a little worn. I've seen the chrome edition ones, but I'm looking for original colors.

1 week later
#5645 6 years ago

SKULL CANNON SKULL CANNON SKULL CANNON...thats all you need to know.

I don't know, you can get a ton of points in Payback Mode.

#5649 6 years ago

Hey Alex, where'd you get those glass covers for the machines? Looks awesome and I'm like to mimic it!

#5652 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Custom beach towels!

Where and how? Details!

#5656 6 years ago

Payback time is 5 mil per shot. Figuring you can hit the ramps back to back to back to back, how long does PBT last? 20 seconds? I bet I could MAYBE hit them 10 times (5 each side). 50m....not bad. Easy to re-light too, right? Or do you have to hit the ramps twice over to get back to PBT? Ill try it out. I ALWAYS just go for super jackpots....

You have to hit alternate ramps, each 5 times (so 10 shots total). If you can combine payback with multiball, you can really rack up, assuming you can keep track of all of the balls. (I usually can't LOL)

#5663 6 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

I need an Arnie plastic so bad =(

My best game not involving hitting the super jackpot, was done with motorcycle loops. I maxed out the value (5m) then hit like 8 in 10 seconds lol, you get the 5m plus a consecutive million bonus. Sometimes the timing is just perfect and you can really get your loop on.

I can never hit that loop consistently... I've owned the machine since early March, have played probably 800 times since then, and I just hit it three times in a row for the first time last week... It really gets some speed going, especially on the second hit!

1 week later
#5708 6 years ago

How many of yall have installed the color dmd?

Me. Love it! I posted a video when I first put it in many pages back.

1 week later
#5722 6 years ago
Quoted from BubbaBeast:

Sorry if this is a rookie question, but I've seen a few different backglass versions like the one from the post above. Were there different versions of the game released, or were different backglass options available at launch?

That translite is a "Chrome" alternate. There's some similar style decals for the side of the cabinet as well.

https://www.retrorefurbs.com/shop/terminator-2-chrome-alternative-pinball-translite/

#5754 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Exactly! That's how ALL my B/W machines are!

T2 has both a latch AND bolts inside the head.

4 weeks later
#5880 6 years ago
Quoted from nicknack66:

I am suddenly having an issue with my T2 where it sometimes shoots a second ball while playing (usually shortly after I fire the ball onto the playfield). It doesn't happen all the time, but regularly enough that it's annoying. It doesn't appear related to the "auto fire" since the game doesn't announce that when it shoots the extra ball onto the playfield (and the autofire still works correctly meaning if I quickly drain the ball it does say auto-fire and shoots another ball onto the playfield). Anyone have this happened to them? Also, not sure if it's related but I looked at the wiring to the switch in the ball trough (thinking maybe it is this switch that is acting up) and on the left yellow wire in the middle is this silver "blob." The blog is just floating so I was wondering if it should be attached to something else and if that could be causing the issue. Here is a photo of the wiring with the blob (circled in green). Thanks for any ideas/suggestions.

I have this problem too. It only happens probably once every 15-20 games, so I've never looked into it. Thanks to Archytas, I will probably try to do that (I need practice soldering) in the near future.

1 month later
#6019 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Usually the "simpler" games are the most played ones when we have a crowd... and with a theme like that? T2 is by far the pin that attracts more people, and is the most played machine when I have guests! Elvira's SS is #2.

I had some coworkers over last night, and my group would agree with this. I have Metallica and T2. I was told that MET has too much going on and it was too fast, whereas T2 was simpler and more fun. Glad I have some variety for folks.

#6022 6 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

One of the things I love about T2 is the ramp-to-ramp building up the payback....I always liked MET because the ramps felt similar. Playing them side by side, how would you compare the two from the ramps perspective?

I know what you mean. When I'm in the zone, I can hit the ramps 10 times in a row to activate Payback mode and it's awesome. In theory, Metallica should be similar. Maybe I just suck, but they feel completely different. I think the issue is that in MET, the shot is just harder to hit cleanly, whereas in T2, there's a wider range to get the ramp? I'm not 100% sure, but I've never hit more than 5 ramps in a row on MET and it's frustrating because it seems like it SHOULD be the same...

2 months later
#6339 6 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

I actually really like them, mainly because the led rings I have in the bumper caps don’t blind you, it’s looks nice

My pinside secret Santa gave them to me - they look cool, but I haven't installed them yet. Need to get on that.

1 week later
#6390 6 years ago
Quoted from Arcadedl:

Those do look awesome...is their anyone out there willing to print a set for me. I'd be willing to pay a few $$ for time and materials/shipping.
Thanks,
Dan

Probably easier for you to just bring it to an office store (like FedEx/Kinkos or whatever they're called now). I just printed it on my company's color printer, cut it out, and put it in. Looks great. Could maybe be better on cardboard stock or something, but whatever.

#6397 6 years ago

Checking in with cards that also dont suck.

I really like those flippers - they look cool with the clear rubber.

8 months later
#6972 5 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

Oh yeah thought I’d share the progress. Fully disassembled and cleaned. Waiting on cliffy’s to arrive and to find that frame and eyelet.

I was thinking about replacing my playfield with a new one... After seeing these pictures, I'm glad I didn't! I'm with Breaking_Dad -- I was super proud when I rebuilt a flipper on T2... :/ What you're doing looks way too intimidating.

#7011 5 years ago
Quoted from topkat:

I know t2 was an early DMD. How does it do with the color?

I have a ColorDMD and like it. It's not amazing, but it's definitely an improvement.

Here a couple videos I made when it first came out.

2 months later
#7145 5 years ago

I think I have some loose wires somewhere as a few of the lights don't stay on all the time, but do when I wiggle the connector. So I should probably learn how to re-do the wiring now (I bought the T2 because I wanted to learn!). From what I gather, they're just molex connectors connecting to the light boards, right? Anyone have recommendations on what tool to buy and where to buy the actual molex connectors? At first, I assume I can just snip the current molex and crimp on a new one to see if that works. If not, then there may be a break in the wire itself, in which case I should trace continuity with a multimeter and then replace the wire itself with a 22ga wire? (I bought this awhile ago in preparation: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00R5CFBC8/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title )

Let me know if I'm on the right track - any suggestions are welcome.

1 week later
#7149 5 years ago
Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

I have the Chrome T-1000 mod from Brock if anybody is interested...it has a small chip out of the corner but still mounts fine...$25 shipped...Thank you..........Joey
[quoted image]

I'll take it if it's available - message me. Going to bed so will respond in the morning. Thanks.

4 weeks later
#7192 5 years ago

Looks like I'm leaving the club... T2 was my first pin, purchased a couple of years ago, and I learned so much from it! I learned how to solder (still learning, but...), I rebuilt a flipper, learned how to clean/wax, and even more basic things like how to look under the playfield, how to look behind the backglass, replace the DMD, and more. But I've grown bored of the game (everyone said that'd happen, but I didn't believe them when I first got it! LOL), and a coworker wants a machine -- so my T2 will be someone else's first and he'll be able to learn on it like I did. It's still a little sad, though....

#7194 5 years ago

Ive been working behind the scenes to move mine as well....
The real question is: what are you replacing it with?

I'm leaning towards DI LE. If that deal falls through, I don't have any leads (but still have MET Pre and IM Pro to keep me busy until I find a third one ).

1 week later
#7221 4 years ago

Terminator 2 has officially left the building. It's going to a good home, a co-worker who wants to learn just like I did when I bought it!

IMG_20190504_115247 (resized).jpgIMG_20190504_115247 (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#7271 4 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

Got my Termie back together but I’m now left with an extra gate. I have one on the shooter lane, one on the A.I. ramp & one on the chase ramp. This is a forward only ramp. Where could it go?

There's another one on the Skynet ramp -- but it's not a forward only ramp; neither is the AI one.

https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=2524&picno=6670

6 months later
#7589 4 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Very dumb question but I just picked T2 up i think this is incorrect. When you are in the skull mulitball and light the multi ball award on the left orbit. If you shoot that in multi ball it should not start correct on mine it starts another multiball which I'm pretty sure is wrong. Another question is sometimes it seems to start multiball but the game play is acting like it's in single ball play thanks Alek.

Have you confirmed that you have the correct number of balls in the game? I've seen weird behavior when you have one too many balls...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 39.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 40.00
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 21.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 27.95
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.99
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fezmid.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/terminator-2-clubmembers-only?tu=fezmid and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.