• Topic is favorited by 274 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

53663951190_696642b1ae_c (resized).jpg
53663311748_14568d061c_c (resized).jpg
53662225557_f2e8f3ac6e_k (resized).jpg
Williams_1991_Terminator_2_Judgment_Day_Manual_-_Update.pdf (PDF preview)
A2_Feature_Adjustments_(Update).pdf (PDF preview)
Terminator2_L8_4.pdf (PDF preview)
53639132189_e8b428873f_k (resized).jpg
53639132179_2f5a4b2c09_k (resized).jpg
IMG_5447 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5475 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5462 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240401_002830006 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240401_002816443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_192714330 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_192724360 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_192719354 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cmack750.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6638 5 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Probably one of the nicest T2’s on earth

Looks amazing. I've got those same LED ramp signs in mine. That mod is an absolute requirement and really gives the pin a much more modern feel. GLWS.

#6640 5 years ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

That's good to know! I just ordered a set of those ramp signs. I could find very little info about them. I went with blue instead of RGB.

Mine are RGB, but I think either would look nice.
The brightness is subtle instead of in your face, which I appreciate. Those old signs looked like total garbage.....I was almost happy when one of them broke so I could justify a better looking option...

The one thing I did learn from mod'ing this machine was: never buy/install a light-wire mod. I bought one thinking it would look great on the metal wireforms... Just looked generally sloppy and was a major pain to install. I ended up pulling it back out.

#6653 5 years ago

Just finished tweaking the playfield GI to something I'm happy with. Used to have all blue, with just cool white at the lane change rollovers.... Looked really nice but I found the lower playfield way too dark to see very well when playing with the lights off and the plastic graphics looked pretty bad.

Lower playfield converted to all 2 SMD Frosted Comet Sunlights and a blue cointaker LED Strip stuck to the bottom of the hunter-killer ship and alligator clipped to the GI under the playfield and everything is much brighter.

IMG_20180709_001659971 (resized).jpgIMG_20180709_001659971 (resized).jpg
2 months later
#6770 5 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

My game came without the hunter ship and I ordered the one from Marco. It doesn’t quite look like the picture which shows more definition and darker colors representing windows etc. I guess it will have to do... does anyone have a good photo of one mounted I can use as a guide? Also I hate how that area is so dark on the game - what has everyone done to improve that?

Did you also buy the mounting wire for the ship? You'll need that too.....

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/12-7009

You can also get those on eBay for about 7 bucks shipped if you don't want to pay the shipping with Marco and don't need additional parts.

For lighting, I bought a $5 adhesive led strip from cointaker and just attached it to the bottom of the ship. Alligator clipped to the GI under the playfield. Helps a lot. See post #6653 in this thread, where I attached a pic of the lighting with that strip installed.

#6772 5 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

Thanks for the response. I bought the kit with the mounting bracket and screws I’m just not sure exactly where to screw it in and attach it. Definitely going to look into the LED strip because it is so dark over there. I hate moding games but in this case it needs some light. Your led strip suggestion sounds great. Thanks also for your post reference.

Pics attached. The wires in the picture just run to the light strip.

IMAG0022 (resized).jpgIMAG0022 (resized).jpgIMAG0023 (resized).jpgIMAG0023 (resized).jpgIMAG0025 (resized).jpgIMAG0025 (resized).jpg
#6779 5 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

I am installing a playfield protector and this needs pulled to do it. What is best way to pull these from playfield?
[quoted image]

Just pull. You won't hurt anything. I generally just pull one side out and then the other. You can wiggle/rock/rotate it a bit to get the second side out. Just push it back in when done and tap it all the way in place with a hammer if it can't be pushed in all the way by hand. Don't overthink it.

If you can't pull it out, I've used a piece if scrap wood between it and the playfield and then just use a flat head screw driver between the two as a prybar to get them out. The wood shim will prevent any scratching to the playfield.

If you can't find the exact guide, you can make your own from piano wire....pinball sites sell it exactly for that reason.

#6780 5 years ago
Which place would yall put them?
[quoted image]

Top and bottom of the slingshot plastics is almost always the first place to put them. Ideally, place them above the star posts but BELOW the screw holding the star posts in place if possible. So basically, the stack is star post -> fender washer -> post screw -> slingshot plastic -> nut. This creates a buffer between the washer and the plastic so if the washer takes a really hard hit, it won't pass the shock on to the plastic and break it anyway.

Those fender washer cost literally pennies, so if you are really concerned about protecting the corners of plastics, just buy a bunch and do as you will....or spend 20-25 bucks and buy and entire plastic protector set, which generally looks a little nicer and protects more that just the corners....

#6782 5 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

That was way easier than I thought. Was worried there might be epoxy holding it in or something. Pulled out very easy.
Piano wire? Those are that thick? Learning all kinds of new stuff today. Haha!

You'll need piano wire and a wire jig so you can bend it properly. Pretty easy. Marco sells one for pretty cheap.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/77-8593

There are a bunch of pinside threads on using piano wire, so check those out if you go that route.

8 months later
#7248 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob-T-800:

I love this game it is my first and only machine atm.
I'm a huge fan of the first two films. Just ordered a topper for it. Will post pics when i install that.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks good! Since it looks like you are into modding it a bit, I highly recommend mirror blades on T2 and replacing the hunter killer ship with the cinemachines die cast model.

#7257 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob-T-800:

I found a better ship im ordering. This one is from led pinball mods.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That's the cinematics model I was talking about, which is VERY nice. Looks like they must have drilled it out and added LEDs to it. I just bought the model and attached the existing wireform to it and added an LED light strip to the bottom and attached it to the GI under the playfield. Can't even see the light strip, but it adds a lot of light to that part of the playfield, which really needs it. No idea how much the mod costs, but my DIY version of this: $25 for the model and $5 for the light strip.

#7259 4 years ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

Cheapest I've seen the Cinemachines version:
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/product/variationdetails/46292?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIz7-hovSv4gIVAZSzCh3NMgmDEAQYASABEgKuWfD_BwE
Are you sure this is the same one from LPM? If so, they obviously paint theirs with a silver paint, but how do they open up the turbines? They look solid on the CM model. Or are they removable?

I bought mine off Amazon about 6 months ago with free shipping for that same price but there were only a few left at the time....it's more expensive there now. Supply and demand I guess.

I can't say for sure that LPMs is exactly the same....but the design appears to be identical at the very least. Maybe they cast one so they could reproduce/modify it. The engines on the cinematics model are not removable.

EDIT: without seeing it in person, but looking closely at the pictures of the LPM version, the turbines quality seems to be worse than the rest of the ship....and maybe even a different color/shade. This would support the idea of creating a hollow engine cast for the LEDs and then just replacing the original portion with them instead. Just a guess.

1 week later
#7285 4 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

I should have taken before photos before the cleaning. I had to wire brush the scum out of the once black grip. Gross...
The fricken gun off the game is heavier than most real guns. Do some games have plastic guns or are they all metal?[quoted image]

That is well done. Makes me feel like maybe I should clean up mine since it always bothers me but I just haven't dealt with it. What did you use as your cleaner to go along with the wire brush? You use a Polish as well?

4 months later
#7495 4 years ago

Recently, and begrudgingly, exited the club and still have some unused cliffys for sale. PM me if interested.

SOLD!
Parts - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “Cliffy Set for the Right Skynet (Motorcycle) Ramp and a cliffy for the upper kickout hole above the pop bumpers. Brand new, never used, still in packaging. $35 shipped in the USA...”
2019-10-19
Media, PA
35 (Firm)
Archived after: 13 days
Viewed: 60 times

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 27.95
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 9.95
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 12.99
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 21.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cmack750.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/terminator-2-clubmembers-only?tu=cmack750 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.