PXL_20240327_043017894 (resized).jpg
20240325_183907-COLLAGE (resized).jpg
IMG_0437 (resized).JPG
IMG_0436 (resized).JPG
ett (resized).png
IMG_2587 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1784 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1883 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ad72.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9586 1 year ago

I am picking up a T2 today that needs work on the sound card which has the profanity chip. I am considering getting a PinSound board instead. any recommendations for Neo or Plus versions and speakers? Will the ribbon cable attach the same as the original?

#9594 1 year ago

Joined the club. Barely fits in a 2014 Outback. Needed to remove the spare tire hatch cover.

MicrosoftTeams-image (34) (resized).pngMicrosoftTeams-image (34) (resized).png
2 weeks later
#9647 1 year ago

EStroh What are the HK and figure mods you have there? I just got a T2 and it is all stock. Lighting looks good!

1 week later
#9677 1 year ago

Ant-H Scoot Who makes that T800 skull? Looks good!

#9687 1 year ago

That looks smaller than the one Ant-H used. I guess there are variants of that Nemesis T-800.

#9693 1 year ago
Quoted from Ant-H:

No, I think it is the same. I think the photos I took make it look larger that it actually is.
IMO the Nemesis skull is perfect for the game as it has the right quality and detail along with it being a good size to make it the focal point of the playfield which I think the original was always lacking.

Thank you! Ordered one. Do you have an outline for the bracket you fabricated to mount the jaw you could share?

#9715 1 year ago

Is there a 3D print of the T-1000 for in front of the pop bumpers?

#9733 1 year ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Going to make my own custom t-1000.

I could not find any posts about 3d printing one. I have only seen the cast one. I just put together a 3D printer and am itching to make some stuff for T2.

Quoted from bicyclenut:

I not sure yet if I want to do a cabinet decal or just fix and repaint certain areas.

The pink (or was it red?) is faded on the sides of my cabinet. I was thinking of making some stencils and reshooting just that color.

Quoted from bicyclenut:

Im also not sure if this game is a keeper yet as my game room is full. If I do keep it, Color DMD and pinsound card with custom sounds would be excellent.

I just joined the club as well. Mine is at work at Omron Robotics so the theme is fitting. I got my engineering team into playing pinball now and T2 is a perfect level of intro difficulty.
I am going to get a TiltAudio board as soon as the parts are available.

1 month later
#9819 1 year ago

I was inspired by the mods to the Nemesis skull and cut a couple holes in the Loot Crate skull. I like being able to see the drop target. I think the metal bracket was to protect the original skull because it was thin vacuum formed plastic. The air balls are not so bad off of the drop target and there are plenty of games that don't have a guard above the drop target. I am considering making a 3d printed neck to go over it and center the chin a bit better.

Those that have modified the Loot Crate skull, what LEDs did you use?

IMG_8744 (resized).JPGIMG_8744 (resized).JPG
#9833 1 year ago

Looks like you would need to add a capacitor to those.

#9834 1 year ago

Installed a TiltAudio! board. What a difference! I tried out a few different sound files. Anyone else with one with a setup to share?

32E3E891-5690-4FF2-A3DD-8D99A8057AD9 (resized).jpeg32E3E891-5690-4FF2-A3DD-8D99A8057AD9 (resized).jpeg
#9839 1 year ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

Nice! Is that similar to pin sound? Same sound files?

Yes it uses the same files and you can load a number of them into the memory and switch between them using the coin door buttons.
There is a great reproduction of the original sound board score except with heavy metal sounding guitars and there is another with the original movie soundtrack. It required a bit of troubleshooting to get it up and running but has been working great! Also the prices of the Raspberry Pi boards have gone up due to the chip shortage. Fortunately I got a spare from a friend.
https://tiltaudio.com/

I replaced the cabinet speakers so now they are in stereo. I am looking into a sub for the cabinet either powered or unpowered. Any recommendations?

2 weeks later
#9884 11 months ago

Loot crate or Nemesis skull are a must. Have a search through the thread.

2 weeks later
#9973 11 months ago

Now I need to get an Avatar

IMG_8894 (resized).JPGIMG_8894 (resized).JPG
#10011 11 months ago
Quoted from jugood20:

Looking for a new pair or good condition used set of Sky Net and Artificial Intelligence Ramp Plastics.
[quoted image]

Or does anyone have scans of them? They would look cool laser etched in plexi. I need them as well.

2 weeks later
#10124 10 months ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

New sub! Waiting on my pinsound 2.1 connector.

Any experience with that speaker in particular? I am looking for one for mine. Looks like that is $40 on amazon.

2 months later
#10323 8 months ago

I need to replace the gun trigger spring. Anyone have the size information or where to get one? Also when I was a GSPF they had STNG gun handles for sale but they were dark chrome plate. I would guess that would be a direct replacement.

1 week later
#10335 7 months ago

ThatOneDude Wow that is dirty! I did not know you had a T2. I need to take mine apart to install a playfield protector I have.

2 months later
#10488 5 months ago

I got a NECA Hunter Killer and was wondering how others have mounted theirs. Looks like I need to drill some holes on the underside and make my own bracket.

IMG_9975 (resized).jpegIMG_9975 (resized).jpeg
#10490 5 months ago

Yeah I don’t want to drill holes in it. When I look at other posts in the thread someone used JB Weld. Not sure about that either.

IMG_9987 (resized).jpegIMG_9987 (resized).jpeg
#10493 5 months ago

rx3 DM sent

3 weeks later
#10545 4 months ago
Quoted from pbot:

The lowest jet bumper on my T2 is defective, doesn't work anymore.
What exactly do I have to replace? Is it the entire assembly?
And since I could not figure that out yet: How to get the defective one out and the new one in?

Lift up the playfield and check the wires to the coil and switch. May have just a broken connection. If the wires look fine, do the coil test and the switch test.

1 week later
#10576 4 months ago

I must have shorted the wires to the single drop target when I was working on the machine. I noticed a nick in one of the wires and it must have shorted out. The coil went melty. Sleeve completely melted. I put in a new coil but still no actuation when I run through the coil test. I attached a multimeter and got no voltage when doing the repeat coil test. I am afraid to go look at the power board. I may have shorted a fet. Thoughts? Which fet is it on the board and what type?

IMG_0239 (resized).jpegIMG_0239 (resized).jpegIMG_0242 (resized).jpegIMG_0242 (resized).jpegIMG_0243 (resized).jpegIMG_0243 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#10621 3 months ago

I am trying to get the Tilt!Audio board to work with Averell's Pinsound soundpack and 8.4 ROM. Anyone have the hex code for the F-U swear or have an altsound file with the mapping. The Pinsound does not directly port to an Altsound file.
If you are unfamiliar with the Tilt!Audio here is the site. https://tiltaudio.com/

2 weeks later
#10677 87 days ago

There is some good info on this T2 teardown blog. I used it when shopping the machine and put on a playfield protector.

https://critmiss.wordpress.com/2014/05/30/terminator-2-pinball-tear-down/

May have to join the club and get a new playfield at some point. Are they limiting the number of playfields they are producing?

#10678 87 days ago

I made a 3d printed bracket to mount a CPU model over the ramp switch. I might try it in clear and add a spotlight since it is kind of dark.

IMG_0351 (resized).jpegIMG_0351 (resized).jpegIMG_0353 (resized).jpegIMG_0353 (resized).jpeg
#10695 86 days ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

Thanks... where's a good place to get the L8.4 ROM ?

https://www.pinsound.org/terminator-2-eprom-8-4/

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ad72.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/terminator-2-clubmembers-only?tu=ad72 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.