• Topic is favorited by 274 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

53663951190_696642b1ae_c (resized).jpg
53663311748_14568d061c_c (resized).jpg
53662225557_f2e8f3ac6e_k (resized).jpg
Williams_1991_Terminator_2_Judgment_Day_Manual_-_Update.pdf (PDF preview)
A2_Feature_Adjustments_(Update).pdf (PDF preview)
Terminator2_L8_4.pdf (PDF preview)
53639132189_e8b428873f_k (resized).jpg
53639132179_2f5a4b2c09_k (resized).jpg
IMG_5447 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5475 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5462 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240401_002830006 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240401_002816443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_192714330 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_192724360 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_192719354 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheOnlyest.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4027 8 years ago

Hi gang, I'm Steve and i'm hoping you'll accept me as a new member of your club! I have had my T2 since 1994, I worked for a Williams distributor when T2 was released and spent ALL my lunch hours playing one for many months! Mine is an HUO that I bought from one of the vendors that we had originally sold it too in 1992, he had it in his home arcade and was never used on his route.
It's in pretty excellent condition, but it does have a few bumps and bruises on the backbox from moving it several times, including up and down basement stairs 3 times, and from Detroit to Las Vegas! I have converted to 100% Comet frosted dome white LED's, and all red Titan Comp rubber. It has a plastics protection kit and every playfield part is original except for the sling plastics... I broke the left one and had to replace both with repro's. The only "mods" i've done is "Brite Eyes" and I added a 16" SMD LED strip under the upper glass trim to light up the top of the playfield. Oh, and my launcher hits the 2nd from the top target 100% of the time, always has!
I also own a Pinbot, Getaway, and a Hurricane. My personal opinion is that even to this very day, T2 and Getaway are tied as the 2 greatest pinball machines ever created!!

#4029 8 years ago

Thanks for the welcome Joey! I can get some pics posted this weekend, but pics never really do anything justice... You obviously havn't spent much time playing The Getaway!
You should, you'd change your mind!!

1 week later
#4050 8 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Here it is. I think it turned out awesome!

Agreed! That is awesome! you're very talented dude! Is that made of metal or plastic?
I think the price is totally fair, and I would like to help with the group buy.. But my T2 is a HUO and all my playfield elements are in mint condition, so I am keeping my plastics original unless stuff just starts breaking and falling apart. I'm still kinda pissed that my sling plastics are repro cuz I broke the left one...

1 week later
#4058 8 years ago
Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

Hey all...moving the pins and noticed T2 has no backbox bolt.....anyone got the size on hand....???....Thank you...........Joey

2 required... 3/8-16 x 2" wing bolts. You could just use standard hex bolts, but you'll want to add a proper washer. Same for all WPC games.

detail_(resized).jpgdetail_(resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#4072 8 years ago

Hey gang,
I got in on Thiago's "last chance" for his topper, and I wanted to share part of the PM I sent to him...

----So I received my topper yesterday, I havn't installed it yet, but I did unpack it to check it out.
I gotta tell you, I had no idea how much went into making that piece!! I want to give you my highest compliment on craftsmanship and design! I am highly impressed with your work, and the high level of meticulous quality and detail that you put into it... Even the packaging was excellent!----

That guy is a class act!

3 weeks later
#4135 8 years ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

I can't remember where I saw the post about how to aim the ball from the gun/plunger but when I pull the trigger it alway hits the top target. Shouldn't it be hitting the middle one?

They all hit differently, it makes no difference.... It's a skill-shot because you have to time your shot to hit that target when its lit. That's also the reason the lights scroll faster each time you hit it.
If you didn't know what target the shooter would hit and the lights were also moving... it would be a LUCK-shot, not a skill-shot!

1 week later
#4153 8 years ago

Yea, ummm, I, uhhh... hmmm.........

#4155 8 years ago
Quoted from jjoravec:

Can anyone out there get me these backglass measurements?

Sorry dude, I assume, like me, everyone who saw this post assumed you'd figure this one out on your own with a simple tape measure... 27" x 18-7/8" x 1/8"

1 week later
#4168 8 years ago
Quoted from Phantasize:

Another 2 questions:
1: When the ball is shot out of the top right lock hole above the 3 lanes, is the ball supposed to be shot out and fall down the left outlane? Because mine doesnt and always ends up falling down one of the three lanes above the pop bumbers
2: When the ball is saved via the kickback feature in the left outlane, is it supposed to shoot out hard enough to go up the right lane, continue all the way round (loop), and come down the left lane again? Because mine does not, but usually just makes it up the right lane and then comes down one of the three lanes above the pop bumbers.

No on both, your game is doing what its supposed too.

1 week later
#4183 8 years ago

A "wet" petroleum-based and flammable lubricant (oil, grease. etc) was never intended for this assembly for obvious reasons, and it will become a problem later, one way or a possibly devastating other. But if you insist that you must have lubricant, use a dry graphite or teflon NON-flammable spray lubricant.

#4187 8 years ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

Thanks for the grease info guys.
Does the assembly look correct?

Mirror the trigger... flip it over. And the spring goes inside the assembly, not outside.

#4190 8 years ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

Ok but when I flip the trigger over it doesn't want to fit in there so it can push the pin out. Hmmm

Ugh, i'm trying to go from memory here, I bought my T2 new in '91 and havn't needed to remove the grip since I installed it out of the box. But I will remove it and open it up to take a pic for you, but I can't do that until later tonight... Best I can do.

#4194 8 years ago
Quoted from tezting:

The current T2 you have now is from NIB? :-O
Wish it was me!

Yup, HUO. I personally unboxed and assembled it (and 100's of others) because I worked at a Williams distributor in Michigan at the time. We sold it to an operator (friend of mine too) in 1992, who took it to his house for his personal collection, then I bought it from him 2 years later. I've had it since 1994. When these machines came new, the gun handle was not attached, I had to attach it to every single one. There was also a "recall" of sorts on the handle, and I had to open all the early ones we got and replace the offending parts. Mine came as new with the improved handle because it was one of the last ones built.

#4196 8 years ago
Quoted from tezting:

That is awesome! Do you remember what the problem was?
Just curious where there a special reason why you got it back in 94 and could keep it for so long? (I have noticed must people change there collection often)

I still have a document from Williams back then that I can scan and post. I have kept it this long because its the best pin Williams (Steve Ritchie) ever created in my personal opinion... I never get tired of playing it! "The Getaway" is a dangerously close second, and I have that too. My Getaway unfortunately is not HUO, but its in great shape and I will never give it up either!!

#4202 8 years ago

Some pics of the trigger handle, what it's supposed to look like...
It is normal for the spring to sloppily go through the collar, the collar's only function is to limit travel of the trigger/pin.
The spring actually compresses inside the collar when you pull the trigger.

IMG_3165_(resized).JPGIMG_3165_(resized).JPG
IMG_3168_(resized).JPGIMG_3168_(resized).JPG
IMG_3170_(resized).JPGIMG_3170_(resized).JPG
IMG_3169_(resized).JPGIMG_3169_(resized).JPG

#4204 8 years ago
Quoted from pinball_customs:

Was it Mike Wiley? He's a great guy

I'm ashamed to admit, that I don't remember. When I bought the machine, I was not even working at that distributor anymore, and that was the last time I saw or talked to him... 22 years ago. A lot of names and faces have been deleted from the ol VRAM since then.

#4205 8 years ago
Quoted from Tachammer:

Just curious....How much did a T2 cost in 1991?

Sorry I missed your question bro... This may start some shit around here, but brand new, $3800. I paid $2500 for mine... Being HUO, 2 years old and still near mint, I thought that was pretty damn fair!

#4207 8 years ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

TheOnlyest - Thanks so much for taking off your Terminator 2 gun handle & posting pictures. I really appreciate your time & effort. It's back together & works great!!

No prob bud, sorry for taking so long.

Now I need a return favor! I need a pic of the driver board IN the game, nice high-res, making sure that every connector on all 4 sides can be seen. I'm doing some research on possible variants between early and late versions of this game. So multiple people that would do this would be greatly appreciated!

#4211 8 years ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

After I left home for lunch I realized that I took pictures of my Funhouse boards. I think they are the same but I'll take pictures of the Terminator 2 driver when I get home tonight.

The boards are basically the same (WPC), but there's a possibility that some of the actual wiring connections are different.
Thanks for the effort!

#4215 8 years ago

Awesome! thanks very much bud. I see that your GI connector was no exception to the T2/WPC "burn" plague!

1 week later
#4227 8 years ago
Quoted from Tatersalad321:

I bought a project T2 yesterday and there are a few broken plastics. Where is the best place to buy replacement plastics? Also, is there a list of cool mods to add to a T2?

Congrats... The only plastics ever available are NOS, and a few repro specifics like slings. ebay is your best bet, good luck finding much.... More mods than any other machine I know of, spend a Sunday reading through this thread.

1 week later
#4239 7 years ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

Now when I hit the target under the skull there is no "initiated target activated" voice. Anyone have a idea what could be the issue?

Its likely the game doesn't know you hit the drop target, use the switch test to see if it registers the target in the up and down positions.

#4243 7 years ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

I'll check that tomorrow. After the target is hit & goes down... the ball can go through & I hear "shoot the target" & it loads the cannon.

That just means your drop hole switch is working, but clearly the drop target sensor is not working, I cant remember if its an opto or a cherry switch, but I guarantee that is the problem and should be a very simple fix.

#4248 7 years ago

The switch looks like its similar to a roll-over switch, and I cant see the wire part of the actuator. You can push the drop target up and down with your hand to see if the switch actuator moves when the target drops down. You can also gently move the switch actuator with your finger to hear and feel the click of the switch operating. As a side note, i'm concerned about the spring sticking out from behind the drop-target assy in the first pic that clearly isn't attached to anything?? I believe that's the spring the pulls the target down when its dislodged. I apologize for being vague, I am at work now and dont have the benefit of being at home to look at my game.

#4252 7 years ago

^^^ yea, that. I suspect your problem may be as simple as reattaching that spring, If the spring tension is not there pulling the target fully down, there is not enough pressure to fully depress the switch actuator, and the drop target itself weighs nothing, so the dead weight of it alone will not close the switch.

#4255 7 years ago

Well then, you've narrowed it down to that switch as we suspected... Do you feel and hear the switch clicking on and off when you press and release the actuator? if so, its likely a broken wire somewhere, and you may want to test that diode. Those micro switches can fail, but its exceptionally rare.

#4261 7 years ago

Well, without any feedback about testing the switch itself, i'm still reluctant to assume the switch, or even the diode is bad. He hasn't even confirmed that the drop target is actuating the switch! What if the tab on the drop-target that hits the switch broke off? Its possible a wire is broken in the column or row chain, or a wire pulled out of the connector on the CPU. Do we even know that every other switch on that row/column is reporting? Troubleshoot thoroughly first, buy/replace parts second. Hell, i've seen WAY more U20's fail than microswitches!

As a side note, take a close look at the pic of that switch, its been replaced before, and its incorrect... Whats in there is a hacked inlane rollover switch with the actuator bent straight(ish).

#4262 7 years ago

And why are the wires attached differently in these 2 pics??? The 2nd (bottom) one is correct.

pasted_image_(resized).pngpasted_image_(resized).png
pasted_image2_(resized).pngpasted_image2_(resized).png

#4264 7 years ago

^^^ Those are 2 pics that YOU posted earlier, look at the wires on the switch, the bottom pic is right, if its hooked up the way of the top pic, its wrong!

#4266 7 years ago

Always best to ask...

243_(resized).jpg243_(resized).jpg

#4269 7 years ago
Quoted from Steve_in_Escalon:

Thank you very much!

Yer welcome, I always try to hookup my fellow Steve's!

#4271 7 years ago

For the moment, I can tell you that the wiring and the diode orientation in THAT pic ^^ is correct.
The switch actuator position does not need to be modified, leave it as it came out of the package. And the tab on the target that actuates it should be obvious and self-explanatory... Unless of course my theory in an earlier post is true, that the tab on your drop target has broken off.
Unfortunately I cant get this pic for you because I have a machine being shopped in front of my T2, its not preventing it from being played, but its too close that I cannot slide the PF glass completely out.
Sorry I cant be more help ATM, can anyone else get a pic for this guy??

In the mean time, study very closely the diagram in post #4249, it should really be all you need.

Maybe this'll help, a pic of the drop target and the tab that actuates the switch is marked in red.

Image16_(resized).jpgImage16_(resized).jpg

#4273 7 years ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

Thanks theOnlyest. I'll study that diagram again. It seems like the shaft that comes down when the drop target drops should activate the microswitch but I thought it would be more complicated.

The black thing in that pic is the only thing "that comes down". If you're referring to the coil shaft, that's what pushes that black thing back up! The only thing that touches the actuator on that switch is the tab (with the red arrow pointing to it) on that black thing... That simple.

#4275 7 years ago

Dude, yer killin me... that metal tab at the bottom of the plunger... the switch actuator goes ABOVE it, not UNDER it!
Whats happening is, the switch actuator is preventing that metal tab and the target from going all the way down. After the coil energizes to lift the target back up, that tab falls back onto the switch and closes it, making the game think that the target is back down, so it keeps trying to kick it back up! click click click.... But it will only try a few times and then give up, then next time you boot the game, it may throw an error code telling you that your drop target is broken.

Please read this very carefully this time...
The switch is actuated by a raised PLASTIC tab on the PLASTIC drop target, nothing that moves and is made of metal should EVER touch ANY part of the switch, just that little plastic tab that is a molded part of the plastic drop target! Please look again at the picture I posted OF the drop target and locate the plastic tab shown on your game. If you cannot see that tab on YOUR drop target, it is entirely possible that it has broken off, in which case you HAVE to replace the plastic drop target piece... $3.49 in-stock at Marco! http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-8750

Sorry if I seem frustrated, its not you, its this venue for providing support, not easy for either of us...

PS. One more thing... If you want your ejected ball to stop bouncing back into the trough... bend your eject guide so that it's oriented as shown in this pic. ONLY bend the piece with the red arrow next to it, so that it looks exactly like this! No need to remove the apron or anything, just grab it with your fingers or pliers and bend it! If it still does it, bend it a tad more until it stops! End of that annoying issue!

Image31_(resized).jpgImage31_(resized).jpg

#4280 7 years ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

LOL... I liked the "Dude yer killn me" I'm not the greatest pinball repair guy out there. I'm pretty good at fixing old tube radios but I'm not sure why pinball is difficult for me..... maybe I over think? Pinball guys are way more fun to hang out with
TheOnlyest - Thank you sooooo much for your help on this... BreakingDad - I may need to call you this weekend if I can't figure it out. (Thanks for the invite) I'm pretty sure I'll figure it out though. The drop target from Marco is on the way.

Oh boy... he's gonna take the whole assembly apart.... We may need a whole new thread for this! lol

#4286 7 years ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

The drop target from Marco is on the way.

It just occurred to me... I hope you ordered this too... http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/31-1640

#4289 7 years ago

Dammit!! For the THIRD time, get that switch actuator ABOVE that metal tab on the coil plunger or i'm going to drown you myself!

#4294 7 years ago

In that video, I dont see the target moving at all, and you should be using the solenoid test to do this. try making a video in solenoid test mode for the drop target and zoom in on the target. Are you certain you reassembled the drop target assembly correctly? Did you desolder the coil when you removed it? Did you resolder the coil wires correctly?

And Congrats, your finally have the switch installed correctly!!

#4297 7 years ago

ok, whats happening is, you go into "ball seek" mode when you try to start a game, the usual cause of that is first the dumb question... are you sure there are 3 balls in the trough??
If so, remove all the balls from the game and go to the switch matrix test, and make a list of what switches show as closed.
THEN, put the 3 balls in the trough ONE AT A TIME and make sure each trough switch shows as closed.
BTW... I AM a "big gun". We'll get you going again.

#4300 7 years ago

ok, there are some good signs here... you didn't actually follow my switch test instructions correctly tho... I need you to add the balls WHILE in switch edges test... So, put the 3 balls in the game, go into the switch edges test, and your matrix should look like the first pic below, if not, that's what we focus on. The 3 together on the lower left are the 3 trough switches, I suspect that your game will not be showing the middle one.

That would be your middle trough switch, which shares a common wire with the drop target switch! And if my suspicion is correct, you simply have a sloppy (bad connection or short) soldering job at your drop target switch... The reason I say that is because looking at your pics and video, I cannot really tell whats soldered to where, my wiring is VERY distinct... see second pic.
And I also noticed after taking this pic, that your switch is on backwards, (the bracket AND the switch) so correct that while you're fixing that (sorry to say) horrible solder job. Study the second pic VERY carefully and make your switch assembly look exactly the same!

PS. We'll get to the target not staying up, that's the easy part...

Default_(resized).jpgDefault_(resized).jpg

Drop_Target_Wiring_(resized).JPGDrop_Target_Wiring_(resized).JPG

#4301 7 years ago

This is your pic, SEE YELLOW ARROWS... To me, it looks like one or possibly even both of those wires are touching the switch bracket, which is a short to ground... HUGE problem!
Now look at the RED ARROW... what is that? part of an old diode? It almost looks like it may be a diode lead bypassing the actual diode! another HUGE problem! Whatever that is, get it out of there!

6019_(resized).jpg6019_(resized).jpg

#4305 7 years ago
Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

Did not (mean to) insinuate that you were not....(my appologies if it came off that way)....I just meant to start a tech thread as more eyes will see it.....I'm still very new myself...I just thought I could help as I installed that switch wrong also....but in my case installing the switch the right way (77) fixed it for me....hope you get her going scamp.....didn't mean to butt any heads....was only trying to help....enjoy the nice day all...!!!.................Joey

Joey, relax bud, no offense taken, I was simply reassuring Scamp that I have the skills, experience and knowledge to help him through this. And honestly this is not really a "tech" issue yet, this is a game-specific mechanical issue that I believe belongs in this thread for the benefit of future reference.

#4307 7 years ago

The game will not start if it thinks there is a ball missing (because all 3 trough switches are not closed), so when you try to start a game, it goes into "ball seek" and all coils fire, including the trough eject. Then the shooter lane switch sees the ball that was ejected when a game is not "in progress", it kicks it out so it can go back to the trough. Scamp's unique twist to this is that it's very likely that his middle trough switch is not functioning correctly, and the game logic goes even more nutty because it's essentially wondering as a human brain would... How the hell can the MIDDLE ball be missing?!?
Anyway, as soon as he cleans up the soldering job on his new switch, he will hopefully be ok and didn't cause any damage to the switch matrix circuit. Then we can move onto adjusting the drop target assembly so the target stays up.

As a test, take one of the balls out of your game, and press the start button... the same thing will happen on yours.

#4312 7 years ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

Tonight.. I am going to take the whole assembly out... unsolder wires & show pictures & make sure the diode & microswitch are hooked up right.
TheOnlyest.... the red arrow is pointed to where the extra wire is folded on the diode. I'll clip that off.
Thanks again for all your time & efforts on this.

Good, and make sure you didnt miss post #4300 on the previous page... Lets not waste any more time backtracking and making the same mistakes.

#4315 7 years ago

So far so perfect! Notice that one of the switch holes is slotted? that is so you can adjust the switch to be fully depressed when the drop target is down. Do yourself a favor and tweak that adjustment AFTER you reattach the target, but BEFORE you put the whole assembly back into the game... So next show me a pro looking solder job on that switch and the coils! Good work so far bro!

#4317 7 years ago

Top shaft: washer - target - washer - SPRING (which I don't see it in the pic) - washer - "C" clip
Bottom shaft: washer - target (no washer on back) - "C" clip.

Make SURE that spring is on the top shaft, its essentially what causes the target to lock into the UP position.

If you have some dielectric silicone lube, put a bit JUST on the indentations around the top shaft where the washer rides along the drop target. Otherwise use a VERY thin coating of vaseline.

#4320 7 years ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

I found the spring on the bottom of the cabinet this morning!! I will put it back together with washers... clips after work & do a clean job soldering.
Thanks again TheOnlyest!!

Thats always the first place you look! And if that spring was not in there during the last round, that'll be why the target wouldn't stay up.
I think I see a light at the end of this tunnel! And i'm praying that we don't run into any electronic issues with the switch matrix now. But i am optimistic since your short was to ground and not voltage.

#4322 7 years ago
Quoted from troxel:

I have a question on my T2, sometimes when the ball loads under the skull and Arnold says, ""take your best shot", sometimes nothing happens. After about 10 seconds Arnold will say it again and the ball will pop-up to the gun. This might happen once out of every 10 times. What's the best way to narrow down the problem?

Probably a small adjustment to the switch actuator in the drop-hole. bend the tab that sticks up so that the top edge sits as close to the center of where the ball rests. make this ___| look more like this ___/
Not easy to do with the skull in place, so you might try to do it from under the PF.

#4324 7 years ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

TheOnlyest - I LOVE YOU MAN!!!!! (You are a man right?) It works great. Thanks for all of your help with this. I reallllly appreciate it & hopefully it has/will help others. Now..... meet me in the Twilight Zone members only area. JK..... you can take a break. LOL I want to put $25 in your name at Marco... PM me please.
Thanks again

Awesome!!! I'm so glad dude!! And you did it bro, I may have guided you a bit, but YOU did it, good on you man!!
I'm just here to help out, and i'm glad I was able to do so here. I appreciate your generous offer, and its quite tempting since I have a shiny new set of sling plastics for my Whirlwind ($24.99) sitting in my Marco cart, but i'm going to pay-it-forward on this one... Because I too need a little help every now and then!

Steve

#4327 7 years ago

^^ What he said. The coil and armature raises the drop target, nothing more, it has no contact or involvement with the switch. My best advice in your case is... If it aint broke, and you dont know how it works, leave it alone!!

#4330 7 years ago
Quoted from troxel:

I had another problem pop up on my T2. The left flipper sticks up after hitting the flipper button. Turn the game off and the flipper goes down. What's the best way to narrow down the problem? Checked both EOS and flipper contacts and both appear to be good. Flipper were working fine and problem just came up.

Are you sure the coil is actually energized when the flipper is stuck?

#4332 7 years ago
Quoted from troxel:

I don't think it is. How do you tell?
I did notice the in switch mode I can hit the left flipper, it will go up, and not show anything in switch test. I then can push the flipper back down and repeat the same process.

You have 2 different problems, if you can push the flipper back down, and it doesn't resist or go back up on its own, then the coil is not energized and the flipper just sticking... Meaning:
A coil sleeve issue.
A return spring issue.
An assembly alignment problem.
Broken bushing.
Plunger link bolt is too tight.
Bat clamp is too loose.
or a combo of any of these.
Typically this indicates that its time for a "flipper rebuild".
As far as the switch not registering, that is unrelated and purely coincidental. Get the flipper moving correctly again and then get into that.

#4338 7 years ago
Quoted from Lemank:

What if your flipper bat is energized and you can't push it down? Then what kind of problem is it?

Shorted driver transistor or an issue with the EOS switch and/or circuit. It could also be a shorted diode, but highly unlikely.. And if it was, it would likely take out the driver transistor with it. Any other coil with same issue is 99% the first thing.

#4343 7 years ago
Quoted from tezting:

Yes! Correct, are the two grey exactly the same?

Yes

#4350 7 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

HI, working on my t2 and rebuilding the slings. There are two different leaf switches on each sling, one has a third lug for a diode and the other only has two lugs. Does anyone have the part number for the leaf switch with the third lug, I'm not seeing it in the manual. Only see B-8284-1, which is the one without the third lug.
Thx

You can use #SW-1A-120, just connect to the leaf contacts and dont use the 3rd lug.

#4356 7 years ago

Your game has a system 11 coin door! How'd that happen?

1 month later
#4384 7 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Is the canon supposed to auto fire? If I don't fire it by the time it's coming up and reaches the top, it auto fires toward the left ramp. Is it supposed to do this or keep swinging back and fourth until I manually fire it?

Its not supposed to autofire, and your game should not go into ball-seek mode if your "cannon loaded" switch is operating properly. Its very likely that your limit switch and actuator cam are out of adjustment. Its a very precise mechanism and offers no slop room for error.
Also, if my memory is correct, there's a menu adjustment pertaining to cannon autofire you may want to check.

#4394 7 years ago
Quoted from pepermintswirl:

100% of the time it auto fires if you do not shoot by the end of the cycle
your machine works fine.

Sorry, but this statement is absolutely incorrect, but believe what you want, i've only owned my T2 for over 22 years, and been a Williams pinball technician for 24 years, what do I know... I wont chime in on this again.

#4397 7 years ago

The autofire may be a function strictly under a super jackpot attempt scenario, I don't want to say for sure, because honestly I cant instant replay in my head the last time I had such an event in a game. BUT under NORMAL game play where you are shooting at one or multiple targets to start multi-ball OR the standard jackpot shot (any other balls in play are locked in this case) the cannon absolutely IS NOT supposed to autofire, period.... If it DOES, your cannon's home switch is out of adjustment, an extremely common problem with this game. Believe me or don't, i'm not going to keep retyping the same thing over and over. I am only answering the question 100% accurately for the sake of future reference for this thread as a resource for this game.
With all the advice I have offered in this thread, please ANYONE chime in now if I have ever give you bad or incorrect info or repair assistance for your T2!

#4399 7 years ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

TheOnlyest - You helped me BIG TIME!! You are the T2 Genius in my book.

lol, thanks bud, im still really glad we got your game straight so you can enjoy it, and i'm proud of you, you did the work!

#4405 7 years ago

L-2, what it came with from the factory. I just tested my game (by hand), I loaded the cannon to shoot for multi-ball, let the cannon cycle (home to home) 2.5 times and then hit the trigger and the ball instantly fired.
I have never actually walked away from a game in progress with the gun cycling, so then I tried that... What happened was, the gun cycled (home to home) 4 full times and the game went into ball-seek mode and kicked the ball out of the cannon just as it hit the home position, so the ball shot backward up the feed ramp! I grabbed the ball so it wouldn't roll back to the cannon which was still moving, that could have been a disaster!! Obviously none of that is supposed to happen, so I double checked all related switches and they checked out fine. So then I did some research and apparently this was an issue way-back-when, and I need a ROM update! But as it sits, as long as I fire the cannon within 4 cycles, (which I apparently have for over 22 years) it's a non-issue for me... But at least my cannon home switch is properly adjusted!

#4410 7 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

All good but I'm still unsure of the answer. Should it cycle or auto fire as the correct function? Also if the auto fire is a fault, what is triggering the fault?

Seriously? for the 4th time... THE CANNON SHOULD NOT AUTOFIRE!
If it does, your home switch it not adjusted correctly!!
If you like it autofiring, leave it alone, if you want it to be right, get your manual out and properly adjust the home switch!

2 weeks later
#4435 7 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

I need help finding this part. I seem to be missing the left bolt/nut that the playfield pivots on. Does Marco carry this part? I need to put an order together since I realized last night I'm missing this part and the wire ball guide behind the 5 white targets. Thanks!

Yes, Marco has the pivot hardware, go to the website and search by game, you'll find them. The guide is likely going to be hard to find, but who knows!

#4438 7 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

This is the only pivot nut in Marcos T2 section. It looks to match the one on my right side and maybe the previous owner threaded a normal nut over it to lock it in place.
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/02-4329

Thats the one! The 1/2" hex nut is supposed to be there also. you don't need to buy the proper hex nut from Marco, you prolly have a suitable one laying around your garage somewhere. As long as you only have 1 pivot nut in place on one side, your playfield is sitting crooked, which absolutely affects play!

2 weeks later
#4455 7 years ago

Insert lifting on T2 is extremely common... If you find one that has NO lifting, its been worked on. If you see one with a nice clean no-wear playfield, but it has a mylar on it, its because someone leveled all the inserts which will damage the DP. In my opinion, I would rather have flat inserts and a mylar than an unaltered DP playfield that plays like a washboard.
The third option is to strip the PF, level all the inserts, and shoot a new clearcoat on it.

#4457 7 years ago
Quoted from Hollywoodbone:

Great! Thank you. Do you know if the flaking teeth is normal as well?

Only if the Diamond Plate is wearing off, which it clearly is, and certainly does! So people, PLEASE put a PF protector on there, or new clearcoat BEFORE your playfield has no DP left on it and your inserts start wearing off! Keep in mind that in 2016, there is FAR MORE technology in mylar film than there ever was in "Diamond Plate" clearcoat, and it will last 10 times longer!

1 month later
#4499 7 years ago

Right sling is broken also, and virtually every insert on the PF has wear, clean that thing up and get a mylar/PF protector on there STAT!!

2 months later
#4581 7 years ago
Quoted from nicknack66:

Hi T2 Club Members - on your T2 is the translite behind a piece of glass or a clear piece of plastic? On mine it is plastic and I wasn't sure if that is how Williams was producing the game back in 1991 (perhaps to save money and/or reduce possibility of damage), or if somewhere in its life the original glass broke and someone replaced it with clear plastic. Thanks.

Williams never used plexiglass for backglass, on any pin. Its supposed to be tempered glass.

1 week later
#4588 7 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Interesting setup with the additional display in the coin door. Are you using a DMD Extender or some other hardware to mirror the DMD?

Yeah... and why??

1 week later
#4669 7 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

Wow. Everyone is a critic. Especially on this site.

One guy is not "everyone" bro.

#4674 7 years ago
Quoted from loscanones:

Yeah, grounding strip was removed

Big mistake

Quoted from loscanones:

it`s absolutely useless.

Right, that was their logic on wasting a ton of time and money to put it there on a million machines.

#4680 7 years ago

ok, my sense of humor for this "loscanones" asshat, is officially gone... Blocked.

#4693 7 years ago
Quoted from Leeb18509:

Just got done getting my new T2 shinier.

Ooooooh, shiny! What did you do? Looks like you need a right sling plastic, I have a nice used undamaged original one if your looking.

#4695 7 years ago
Quoted from Leeb18509:

Sure. I'd take it off your hands. Thanks, Steve.

PM your address, i'll get it out to you next week.

2 weeks later
#4759 7 years ago
Quoted from Bugsy:

I was pretty sure the display was supposed to match up with the cannon. For example, when the crosshairs on the DMD are lined up with the middle of the ship, the cannon is supposed to be aimed at the middle target.
Maybe I'm wrong though. Going to do some more digging.

You're wrong.

1 month later
#4824 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

Thanks. I'm interested. I have limited space and dont feel like flipping so I kinda want a keeper.

I've had mine since 1994, i'd call that a keeper!!

#4830 7 years ago

The sign plastic is available on ebay, the bracket will be a tuffy, you might want to make your own.

#4835 7 years ago
Quoted from rdbronko73:

Finally brought a T2 home.

Congrats! Looks like a helluva nice & unmolested one too! Score!
Keep it covered or the sun from that window will turn all your PF reds to neon pink!

1 week later
#4857 7 years ago
Quoted from WillBTV:

Hi! T2 was the first pinball machine I fell in love with as a kid. About 6 months ago, I finally achieved my childhood dream of owning my own!
I've got a question about the gate at the top of the Chase Loop. On my machine, this gate has a little leaf spring attached to it. It requires a pretty good amount of force for the ball to open the gate. This basically prevents the ball from passing the gate on anything but a near-perfect shot from the left flipper.
Is this the way the table was designed? In the manual, it lists the following part numbers, which I've been unable to successfully look up:
A-14534 - Shooter lane
A-14536 - Chase Loop
A-13505 - Under the skull
Without taking the playfield apart, these three parts look pretty similar to the naked eye, except for the leaf spring on the Chase Loop gate.

You have the proper parts, just in the wrong places... Obviously someone who shopped that game at some point, mixed up the gates.
There are 3 that all fit the same spacing, so they can get mixed up of you're not paying attention or don't realize the difference.
The one with the return spring goes on the shooter lane, The chase loop and skull gates are very similar, but not exactly the same, which is why they each have different part numbers. Those 2 can be mixed with no issues.
So swap your gates back into the proper locations and you're all set... Nothing to buy.

1 week later
#4865 7 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Whats the angle of the playfield?

My thoughts exactly...

#4875 7 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

It looks like there's a period after "Free play"

Yup, that's referred too as a "credit dot", if it's there, it means there are errors in your machine.

#4892 7 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

How does the skull attach to metal bracket? My friend T2 the skull is loose and don't see how to attach it...thx

Could you post a pic of your "friend", so we can make sense of whatever you're talking about?

#4900 7 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

so an L bracket from home depot? thx

Its a small and very specific L-bracket, you wont find one at Home Depot, you'll likely have to make one of some sheet metal, the original part is unobtainium. There is supposed to be one on each side of the skull, so if the other one is there, it should be pretty self explanatory!

#4902 7 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

both gone.....ill have to make something

Do a Google image search to find T2 playfield pics, you'll find tons of pics of what the L-brackets look like.
The real mystery here is wtf happened to the L-brackets from your game!?! It kinda looks like it was stored outside for a few years with no PF glass on it, maybe some critter ate them??

#4905 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I'm guessing the skull was replaced, and since those brackets are riveted, they didn't bother to transfer them over.

Right, so sit the skull in the general area of where it goes, and hope it just stays there!
Even 2-sided taping the bottom of the skull to the chin guard, or even to the horseshoe behind it, or BOTH would make half-assed hack sense... but nooooooo, that would take effort!!

1 week later
#4910 7 years ago
Quoted from spikedbat:

Just finished shopping my T2.
Whatcha guys think?

Looks pretty good, but i'm not a fan of colored GI lights, and the yellow flipper bats are an abomination.. replace them with the proper black bats. The stickers on the apron are a major bummer... Sorry, you asked!

#4916 7 years ago
Quoted from Bugsy:

Those look good and all, but $15 for two lights? That's outrageous.

Not just 2 lights, unique and specially made, worth every penny.

#4925 7 years ago
Quoted from Bugsy:

They are still just two 555 lights with chrome trim. I bet I could make my own using these Comet LEDs, and by finding something at Home Depot to use as the trim. $0.76 for the bulbs, and however many few cents from Home Depot. However you want to look at it, $15 for two bulbs is just crazy.
https://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/led.htm

Yup, i'm crazy... My time roaming around Home Depot, and labor trying to half-assed replicate these excellent quality custom manufactured LED's, is worth a helluva lot more than $15. It's that simple, period.

#4942 7 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

I did the RubyLith DMD mod, game changer for $8 shipped from eBay

Nifty! I've not seen that on ebay, do you have a link?

#4951 7 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

This is the seller I bought from
ebay.com link
you can cut the 11"x14" piece in half , and use it on 2 machines.

Thanks for the link, I ordered a sheet. I'll use half for T2, and half for Getaway, both will look kickass with red DMD's!

#4961 7 years ago
Quoted from Leeb18509:

Just got this in Steve. I'm kind of disappointed. The color is nice, but it's gloss on one side and matte on the other so the DMD is quite a bit "fuzzy" looking. Not sure if I'll keep it, or cut up my old MET DMD filter.

I got mine too, havn't done anything with it yet... did you try flipping it over?

#4963 7 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

Is there supposed to be a piece of foam rubber or something on the metal?

Nope.

#4968 7 years ago

I used a roll-on glue stick and ran a bead of the glue around the border of the DMD glass and stuck the film (didnt peel anything) with the glossy side against the DMD glass, it looks amazing on my Getaway, not fuzzy or blurry at all... Just Red!!

1 week later
#4989 7 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Did all T2's that were produced come with a diamond plate PF?

Yes.

#5009 7 years ago
Quoted from TimberOne:

I would be carefull buying from that seller on ebay.

Nonsense! That guy is a very honest seller. His prices are sometimes nuts, but you will get your items, and usually very quickly.
I have bought many many things from him over the years, and have had multiple PM convo's with him too, he's a good dude.

#5038 6 years ago

After the lights go off, check to see if you have 5v at the 4-pin connector (with yellow wires) coming off of the transformer, if not, your transformer is shot, which is what I suspect.

1 month later
#5193 6 years ago

Wow, even the demo video kicks ass!! Well done ColorDMD!! I might just have to blow my wad on this... But according to the website, the firmware is still not available?

1 month later
#5325 6 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Anyone install the ColorDMD yet? I want to buy one, but can't decide between LED or LCD. I'm leaning towards LED, but wondering what others think.

I just want to know how well it works, period.

#5342 6 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

I received the LED ColorDMD yesterday -- great service as I just ordered it on Friday night! I tried getting some good video, but apparently when I'm being recorded, I play like crap.... So here's two gameplays, but I didn't hit everything. Of course as soon as I turn the camera off, I get 164M, hit the chase loop a few times, get Payback mode a couple of times, and hit video mode as well, so... Sorry. Maybe I'll try again later.

Thanks for taking the time to do this, i've seen all I need to see!

1 week later
#5385 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Someone, please.... tell me it's not true....

Apparently it is... now I just wish it was something I could un-see!

1 week later
#5413 6 years ago
Quoted from skywalker:

Hey ken if you find a HUO T2 that would be amazing, I doubt they exist

They exist, I have one, but it's not for sale.

2 weeks later
#5488 6 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

peterg wait I see what you are saying, wow, and this was not disclosed to me... I was told only the 2 in the orbit this is really a bummer.

I noticed the inlane inserts too, didnt want to say anything tho... the fact that you didnt notice is proof that this is not the end of the world, and nobody else will ever notice the flaws either. More than likely, the mfg. didnt notice it either. The most important thing is that the inserts are labeled correctly!

#5497 6 years ago

Took 3 passes, but the coin door lock bar damage is all fixed! Smooth as butter

Nice work!! I love to see restoration work actually done correctly!

#5509 6 years ago
Quoted from ryandimx:

Anyone know where in the states I can get new slingshot Plastics? Everybody seems to be out of stock

I believe I have an extra set, i'll double check in a couple hours when I get home... If you're interested.

#5516 6 years ago

So I pulled apart the power box because I'm getting it powder coated, should I replace this since I have it apart I think it's the emi filter???

No, dont waste your money, they never fail.

#5526 6 years ago

timberone I reccomend retro refurbs retrorefurbs as alexsmendes mentioned. Their decals are top notch quality, and hey have amazing customer service.

I sure hope you're right, I ordered a decal set for my Demo Man on Monday, I got the order confirmation email right away, and havn't heard a peep from them since...

#5530 6 years ago
Quoted from grumpy712:

Okay got a question. I have been curious about this for a while. look At the picture do you see the squiggly lines in the bottom right-hand corner by the teeth. I've never seen this on another Playfield. And no it's not an overlay.

That would be a flaw, or "blem".

#5536 6 years ago
Quoted from RetroRefurbs:

Yeah we print most orders on demand, some are in stock however. Orders are usually sent within 5-7 days and you'll get an email to say the order has been dispatched. That email also contains the tracking info. Any concerns you can always email me
Oh and to the people who like to spread misinformation, no we don't outsource, everything is made inhouse by our team.
Pete
Retro Refurbs

Cool, I got my shipping notice today, thanks Pete. A suggestion... Since you print everything on demand, you should do "piece pricing" so people can order and pay for just what they need. I only need the head and lower-front decals for my Demo Man, so it would have been nice to not waste a bunch of money on the 2 lower-side decals that I dont need or want. I also need just the lower-front decal for my Road Show, but I wont pay for a whole decal set to get it. So, a little less money for just what I need, or no money? "piece pricing" is win-win for everyone.

#5540 6 years ago

We won't ever do this. Only full 5 piece sets. There is an explanation in the help section of the website.

Wow, no offense Pete, but I sure hope tire stores never follow your "dumb policy" lead...
"Sorry someone slashed your tire, but we wont sell just one tire, only full sets of 4. Because the new tire may be blacker, and have less wear than the others."

#5543 6 years ago

If the other 3 tires were 25-30 years old then I would hope you would replace the full set. Otherwise that one new tire is going to look extremely odd.

You just proved my point! That is MY decision to make, you are depriving yourself of revenue by telling people how they are allowed to restore or repair their machine. While we appreciate your advice and everything you do, if I want my head decals to be newer than the cab decals, that's MY decision. And i'd be throwing more money at you, if you let me repair my machines, my way! I dont know of a single human that can see both sides of a pin at the same time, so if I decide that can live with one side graphics being newer than the other, then so should you!

I swear that i'm not trying to be disrespectful to you in any way, im trying to tell you (as a business man myself) that you are only limiting your clientel and revenue with this nonsense policy... A VERY wise man once said "Give the people what they want!".

Here's MY specific situation of WHY your theory doesnt work... My Demo Man is HUO mint collector quality, and it has never seen the light of day. The current graphics are flawless with absolutely zero fade. The head suffered an unfortunate "door jamb" incident during a recent move. Due to the condition of the game, I had no choice but to buy a full set to get only the pieces that were damaged, to get this game back to 100% mint. So your "one theory fits all" opinion is shot to shit.

#5546 6 years ago

we have the right to decide what we want or don't want to make. There's actually no obligation for us to make any of this stuff.

I never suggested otherwise, and true of any other business! You're free to refuse all the revenue potential you want! At least you're nowhere near as bad as CPR, they have the dumbest business model of all time!
Make no mistake, I love and appreciate what you're doing for the pinball world, and i'm very excited to finally see the quality of your product!

#5559 6 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Although I'm sure it won't change Pete's mind, I'd also like to voice my support of individual pieces vs. full sets. Especially in this hobby where so many of these machines are old with various life circumstances, I would think there'd be a market for individual pieces. In addition to the examples above, here's my story: I'd picked up a Black Knight 2000 a while back (which I ultimately traded for my T2) ... the machine had apparently been next to a window for most of its life -- so the art on the right side of the cabinet was literally crumbling off -- yet the left side of the cabinet, and both sides of the head were pristine. I did not need nor want to buy a full set of decals when I only needed the one side... but since I couldn't get just the one, I got none.

I have the exact same situation on my Whirlwind and Earthshaker, just the right side head is faded on ES, and just the left side head is faded on WW. My Road Show just needs the coin door decal because the previous owner filled the security bar holes with bondo and then painted the bondo. He did a decent job, but you can tell where the bondo/paint is because the paint doesn't match the decal colors exactly. Cant buy just those pieces, so I have to live with it. I would love to throw some money at Retro for those, but he wont take it!

1 week later
#5606 6 years ago
Quoted from Minneapolispin:

Can someone tell me how to activate the awards on the “Database” lock? I’m on my second T2 machine and neither of them do anything other than up the jackpot when that far left shot is made. I’ve played other T2 games location and I know that when that shot is lit it, goes into the random award cycle. Is there a setting to activate this in the menu or is something wrong on both of my machines that this isn’t doing it?
Any input is appreciated.

Database is off at the beginning of each ball. Database lights when you hit the drop target, and stays lit for the duration of that ball, unless you hit it. There is no programming option related to Database.

#5611 6 years ago
Quoted from Minneapolispin:

Ok I must have an issue with the game. My drop target in front of the skull does go up and down, but the Database insert never lights or does the random awards. Thank you for the insight. I'll tinker around tonight and see if I can figure out the problem.

It occured to me... Make sure "drop target broken" is turned OFF in feature adjustments settings.

#5627 6 years ago

Thanks schwaggs I imagine there is a post support the screw goes though though?

The 1-1/8" standoffs for these are nearly impossible to find, so use 2 of each of these, with #6 nyloc nuts.
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-8371
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/530-5010-01

2 weeks later
#5667 6 years ago

Most importantly, make sure you use a proper layer and type of the white diffusing back coating. All the T2 repro stuff I have seen so far, that has come out of Germany, has far too light (thin) of a coating, so GI LED's wash the color completely out, and they look like shit unless the game is turned off.

3 weeks later
#5743 6 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Breaking Dad Joey said he would be back!!! On his way home.....

Umm, please tell me you dont transport pins with the head up??!! I only ask because lowering the head after loading and strapping seems a bit bassackwards.

#5745 6 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

No keys to get into backbox....this one had to move heads up.

#5750 6 years ago

How do you remove the bolts securing the head without keys?

You use the torx security tool that every pinhead should have, and remove the lock plate.

detail.JPGdetail.JPG

#5761 6 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Most WPC era games have the wing nut looking bolts in addition to the latch. Most people don't use the bolts or even know they are supposed to be installed.
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/20-9718

All B/W system 11 games and up, come with, and are supposed to have 2 hex or wingbolts securing the head.

schwaggs that makes sense none of my Williams games ever had them

Remove your speaker panel and locate the 2 empty holes where your bolts are supposed to be.

Its a whole new experience to play pinball without the head flexing back and forth when you're nudging! I'm sure it'll be even more exciting surprise when the 1/4" screws on the latch work themselves loose, unlatches itself from rocking or breaks, and your backbox comes slamming down onto the PF glass!!

All 10 of my games have the bolts in them... Very cheap peace-of-mind, and they came with the game for a reason!!

Any 3/8-16 x 2" bolts with matching fender-washers will do, but the OEM wingbolts look like this... (WPC-S games also require oversize fender washers)

detail (1).jpgdetail (1).jpg

#5766 6 years ago
Quoted from jgadzia:

I am wanting to install an led light strip on the back of my pin. I need a place to hook up 5 volt DC. Any suggestions for a place on the machine to accomplish this?

Define "back of my pin".

#5768 6 years ago
Quoted from jgadzia:

back of the playfield area in the pin, where the graphics are, i want to light those up

It depends on exactly where you want to attach it, if its attached to any part of the PF assembly, in other words, it will move with the PF when lifting it, simply tie into the nearest GI socket under the PF, piece of cake. If it will be attached to something that is part of the cabinet, you'll have to wire into the backbox and tie into the GI lighting circuit there.

#5771 6 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Actually I'm testing the PinSound-Board.
In INDY I use a selfmade Shaker fired on the extension port A via 12 Volt relay supported by PinSound-Board (5 Volt).
For the T2 I plan the same and I want to switch on and off LED Lightstripes (12 Volt) via extension port B supported by PinSound-Board (5 Volt).
Unfortunately INDY is out of order and a wait for spare, but I keep you informed if it works or not.
The advance is, once you wired the LED in the cabinet or elsewhere you can turn on and off via PinSound-Board on each soundeffect you like.
Of course the Shaker is the same and already works very well.

My compliments! I love to see high-quality custom work like this... It's a damn rare thing in this hobby of way too many hacks.

#5805 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

The backbox of my T2 doesn't even have the holes for these bolts...

Does too.

1 month later
#5917 6 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

are these supposed to be lubed?

No.

1 month later
#6024 6 years ago

Hey guys I need your help... I can’t get H sound to stop on my T2 when it’s just sitting... every time the T2 logo comes on it does the slam noise... I turned off attract sound dis nothing??

That's normal behavior. There's supposedly a custom ROM out there that kills the slam, but I cant help you there.

#6050 6 years ago

Here too... I have never been disappointed with their quality.
http://www.treasurecovepinball.com/Library/decals/terminator-2/terminator-2.htm

2 weeks later
#6113 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

If you fail to hit the lit target, you should get a "You Missed" call out

That only happens when you shoot from the cannon for mutiball or jackpot, not for the skillshot.

3 weeks later
#6174 6 years ago

Where are you guys aligning your flippers? I see most aligning the flipper bat tips slightly above the playfield dowels

There is only ONE way to align flippers, and it is the same for virtually EVERY pin ever built! Google it.

1 month later
#6393 6 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

I have printed them out on a material that's similar to mylar and I will illuminate the scorecards same like I did at my Indy and F-14.

That F14 has to be quite challenging with only one flipper!

#6424 5 years ago
Quoted from Buthamburg:

Hello to all
T2 Plastic will be approx. middle of May. We are still doing the files, get all neatend up.

All I really need are the clears (yellowed), but i'll be in for a set. Will you have a distributor in the US? Or do I have to order direct?

3 weeks later
#6514 5 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

All the brackets, flaps and ramps... galvanized in zinc and chrome.

Now that is taking a proper restoration to a whole new level! Bravo!

#6515 5 years ago

This sort of behavior is very much the opposite of what this group is supposed to be about. You're more like an angry fat kid, that nobody knows, who shows up at the beach and stomps through all the other kids sand castles. I normally have no problem with you Alex, but if you're just going to pop in here now and then like a 6-year-old yelling "MINE" and "look what I got, and you cant have none!" and "neenering" everyone, without offering to share your sources or provide any useful information to the group, please spare us.

1 month later
#6628 5 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

is there supposed to be a small spring in between the cap and the top of the armature?

No.

Quoted from jibmums:

what keeps the cap up, just the tension of the forked switch?

Yes.

1 month later
#6747 5 years ago
Quoted from Buthamburg:

Hello to all
We can now announce that the Terminator 2 plastic sets are now ready for shipping.

Awesome! Maybe its just the photo, but the aquamarine and brown/tan colors look WAY too light to me.

#6753 5 years ago
Quoted from Buthamburg:

Hello to all
The colors are ofcorse much fresher than those in your pin or NOS.
Your plastics have yellowed in the last 20 years. You lay an old yellowed clear plastic over
them and you will have the same efect and color. Thats what the plastics look liked 20 years ago.
Regards from Hamburg
Peter

Fair enough, i'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Now I'll work on convincing myself to pull the trigger on the most expensive plastics set ever, when I only really want the printed clears... Mine are original HUO, and only very slightly yellowed, but enough to bug me.

#6761 5 years ago
Quoted from SDAmusements:

Going to look at a T2 today and some of the inserts have chipping around them, and some other chips on the playfield, is that normal for this game?

On the inserts, yes, all T2's suffer from some degree of raised inserts... Once it starts, it just keeps getting worse unless you fix it and protect it.
As far as the chip by the flipper, that looks more like a "tool drop" scar... Common for any pin "maintained" by a hack operator during its life.

3 months later
#6893 5 years ago

You guys are good, no need to change the sound roms.

Confirmed. Changed mine to L-8 a couple years ago, never an issue, still using the original sound ROM's.

2 weeks later
#6914 5 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Added an illuminated drop target

Nifty idea! But if it were me, I would tie in the ground wire to the drop target switch, so it was only lit when the target was up.

6 months later
#7302 4 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

Can anyone tell me how far their loop kicker kicks the ball out? If you make a loop shot from the left side of the playfield, the ball will be locked and then kicked back out. I swear last time I played on in the wild it would kick the ball all the way back out that left loop. Mine kind seems to have a hard time and the ball only makes it into the lane section at the top center of the playfield and then goes down into the bumpers. It seems like it wants to shoot the ball out the left loop but either doesn't have enough power or something isn't aligned right.

Your game is working correctly, that is just an outhole kicker, not a rocket launcher... The ball should come thru a return lane when ejected.

Quoted from fatality83:

Also any ideas why the shooter rod would stay out after it plunges the ball? It's not a coil locking on, the slightest vibration on the cabinet will get the plunger to retract back in. Do I need a new coil sleeve?

Return spring is missing, broken, worn out and/or deformed.

2 months later
#7388 4 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

Here’s why my T2 had poor left speaker sound...
It was stuffed in between the speaker and the grill.[quoted image]

Likely the work of some dumbass (probably an operator) who doesn't know how to adjust the volume!

1 week later
#7402 4 years ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

Here’s a question:
Got a T2 that I’m finally getting a chance to work on. Burned connectors at J114, J115 and J120.
Take a look at the stuff going on in the back of J115!!! How can I tell if this is right, or even ok???
[quoted image][quoted image]

Not the prettiest trace repair ive seen, but not the ugliest either! Its right, so unless you want to replace the board or try to make it prettier, leave it alone.

1 week later
#7424 4 years ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

I have most of the GI back up, what’s missing is the lower half of the back box. None of the GI was working before, so this is progress, but any ideas where to look next? I believe these go through the connectors I just replaced. Pics below:[quoted image][quoted image]

There are traces/pads on the top and bottom of the board... When replacing the pins, you solder from the bottom, and sometimes the solder doesn't flow through to the pads on the top, and you'll have no connection. If you used the plastic header connector spacer-base, you cant see under it. You may need to remove the plastic or carefully pry it up a bit and flow some solder from the top of the board. I've have his occur several times when repairing roasted GI connectors on WPC boards.

3 weeks later
#7447 4 years ago
Quoted from Cherries_Jubilee:

CPR just released Terminator 2 Backglass with Real Custom Mirroring:
https://classicplayfields.com/shop/pinball-backglasses/t2-glass/[quoted image][quoted image]

Nifty... Anyone with a minty translight want to buy this, and then sell me their minty translight?? PM me!

3 weeks later
#7473 4 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

lookie what I bought at whiterose, thanks pindoctor
[quoted image]

I hope its just the photo quality, otherwise the colors on that PF are very badly faded... And if so, I hope you got a killer deal on it!

1 week later
#7483 4 years ago
Quoted from J_Striker:

I have a T2 VHS from Williams released with the original launch of the pinball machine. Anyone here interested in it? Don’t really know what it’s worth.[quoted image]

I'm interested, how much do you want for it? I can rip it into a digital file and share it with you guys from my Dropbox. PM me.

1 month later
#7551 4 years ago

Umm, those post sleeve rubbers come in several colors! You can make it any color you want! Mine is a Titan red, because I wanted it to be and put it there! My Special inserts are also red.

3 months later
#7842 4 years ago
Quoted from tezting:

Should the rail be mounted above or under the sling plastic? I have seen both in here. But what is right?

Above, as in the pic. Always above, on any Williams game anyway.

#7846 4 years ago
Quoted from tezting:

Is it correct that it should rest/touch the right plastic? It seems like the two mounting points is not enough to hold it up from touching the plastic?

Yes, it lays right on it. I also added a couple washers to lift it a millimeter or 2 above the plastic.

7 months later
#8136 3 years ago
Quoted from Steve_in_Escalon:

Anyone in need of a drop target decal? I'm going thru my pinball stuff and found a new target decal. I would prefer that this goes to someone who needs it and not someone who is going to put it in a drawer. Free, including postage. Please PM and tell me about the condition of your current decal.
Steve (in Las Vegas)

My nearly 30 year old, never replaced decal could probably use a refresh!

(also) Steve (in Las Vegas)

#8148 3 years ago

Terminator 2 mantle edition roughly 1/24 size about 5” tall

Cute. Elaborate?

3 months later
#8411 3 years ago

I can tell you one thing on sight... That coil is not wired correctly. No lug, on any coil, should have 3 wires soldered to it. And since I cant really see where all the wires come from or go, I suggest googling proper wiring of a flipper coil or perhaps compare to the other flipper.

#8413 3 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Here is correct wiring for left flipper.

There's some pics on page 40 in the image gallery of this thread that might be helpful also.

1 week later
#8480 3 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Here is a J115 that I am working on, looks great right? lol

1 week later
#8521 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

is there any value in keeping the old/early williams door?

Yes!! PM me when you replace it, and i'll buy it from you!

#8527 3 years ago

I know these are unobtanium.

Not true, but some individual bits of the complete assembly can be hard to find.

#8547 3 years ago

thanks Manny for validating that for me and pointing me in the right direction.
Would it be acceptable to remove the wire since it is not needed?

Williams used generic "universal" sections of harnesses across many games, this saves production/engineering costs. Not every wire is used in every game.
Its never a good idea to alter the factory wiring, and no benefit ever comes from doing it.

Part Number CCD-0.1uF-500V-P9.5
Capacitor, Ceramic Disc, 0.1uF, 500VType: Z5V
Tolerance: +80%/-20%
Lead Spacing: 9.5mm
Lead Length: Full Length
Body Diameter: 15mm
Manufacturer: UniOhm
am I good or did I order the wrong thing?

Those should work fine, all that cap does is absorb energy to prevent sparking/arcing in your leaf switches, no rocket science involved.

3 weeks later
#8573 3 years ago
Quoted from jimlund:

The plastic rod/tip on the ball shooter broke on my game. I can't seem to find a replacement piece. Is it included in a bigger part by chance?

Its part of the plunger assembly, the plastic tip is not sold separately.

1 month later
#8602 2 years ago
Quoted from Reefkeep:

Hey guys, just picked up a T2, this is my first older game so I fumbling through it. One of my pop bumpers isn’t lighting up. I suspect the lighting isn’t original so I’m trying to match the bulb “PB” is this on an LED? And if so would this
be an appropriate replacement?
Flat Dome 6.3 volt LED
Brand: Titan Pinball
Product Code: LED-Flat-555-WH
Availability: In Stock[quoted image]

Not sure I understand the question, but what you're holding there is an orange/amber (or possibly red) colored 555 (wedge) LED with a frosted dome. you can replace it with any 555/wedge LED of any color or form-factor... But for the record, its exceptionally rare that LED's fail.

1 week later
#8633 2 years ago
Quoted from Reefkeep:

Okay guys, I have recently picked up a T2, after getting it home I realized it’s needs some work. I’ve decided to swap out the coin door, it’s got a European door, I was able to acquire a new US door but I’m noticing the new door seems to be missing a bracket. Specifically the spot that holds the switch/ sensor that tells the pin whether the door is open or closed.

Without knowing what type of new door you bought, if its an Entropy, you can swap the new door itself to the old frame. There are typically 3 screws that attach the door assembly to the frame. The frame is the same for all styles of the door assembly.

#8637 2 years ago
Quoted from ksdry:

What have I got myself into? Picked up 2 T2's that were heavily routed and put up wet. looks like they were bush fixed till they stopped working. Slingshot rubbers where cut and put back together by wrapping with wire, guess they couldn't be bothered to take the plastic off to replace them. The one should really be parts but the harness isn't chopped so I'm going to rebuild both.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I'm really hoping you picked this up for next to nothing, OR nothing, but its salvageable AF!
You might be a bit upside-down in it value-wise when you're done, but if you plan to keep it...

2 months later
#8668 2 years ago
Quoted from Philly76:

Can someone, ANYONE, please tell me how the feet on the legs should be set on this game? I had them all flat but the play seemed slow so I raised the back and it drains like a MF now.

I'm not real tall (5'9") so on my games, I bury the front levelers (with the nut in place), and the rears have about 1.25-1.5" of threads between the bottom of the nut and the leveler pad to hit 6-6.5 degrees. This is based on a W/B WPC cabinet... As far as draining, practice practice practice! If pinball was easy, it wouldn't make any money!

2 months later
#8719 2 years ago
Quoted from Luckdragon100:

maybe I pulled it loose when I changed the batteries. Not exactly sure where it connects, but I tried connecting it to the minus (pictured). Still no luck yet though. Any thoughts

This is intended as good advice and not as insult... But my thought is, if your knowledge and skills with electronics is this limited, you really shouldn't be working on your machines yourself. An expensive disaster is inevitable.

4 months later
#8899 2 years ago
Quoted from Gnassel:

For 31 years, Arnold has watched us as the ball goes out through the middle. That must be boring in the long run.
And hey, there's much more to watch. We have cool ramps, a database lock, a real gun and a target. And we have poppers!!
It's time to look around.

Brilliant!

1 week later
#8912 2 years ago
Quoted from Gnassel:

A new weekend, a new project. Unfortunately, not so well done. Nevertheless, it would like to share with you.

I had tried to design a T-1000 mod for the T2 Pinball. I wanted to place a figure over the 3 stand up targets. Once a shot was successful , should be simulated a shot like in the movie. Noticeable there are the silver circles that look like liquid metal.
In the game, the inserts then slowly start to flash. They simulate that the T-1000 recovers and the bullets become smaller. This was also simulated here in the mod by white and blue LEDs. The white light slowly becomes darker and it even appears blue towards the end. Unfortunately, it doesn't look as good on the video as it does in real life.
Technically I find this quite well implemented. I have nevertheless removed it from the machine, because it is too much gimmick for me. Besides, a real figure doesn't fit into the basically drawn design.

Another brilliant idea! A quicker and smoother fade-off of the LED's would nail the effect!

1 month later
#9023 2 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Here is how I wire my flippers, some say overkill, but I have not issues from customers
[quoted image]

Looks like your right EOS needs some adjustment... Its not closed.
And its odd that you use a plunger spring AND a pawl spring. Not typical.

1 month later
#9082 1 year ago
Quoted from rvermeire:

As written , Getaway board works the same way (no display, no sound) in T2 and....
T2 board works fine in Getaway !!!
So it's something else..... anyone, ideas?

I assume you swapped the ribbon cable between the 2 games... If you didn't mess with any hardware when the game went nuts in test mode, I would suspect the RAM chip.

#9085 1 year ago
Quoted from rvermeire:

swapped cable... no effect...
RAM chip is not something I have in spare ...
You mean the L-x chip (Have a L-8)

Thats the ROM. The RAM chip is U8 on this diagram... It will likely require some soldering skills to change. install a socket and upgrade to NVRAM if you're going to do it.

WPC CPU Board Diagram (resized).jpgWPC CPU Board Diagram (resized).jpg
#9093 1 year ago
Quoted from rvermeire:

Is there a way to test this U8 to be sure that's the exact cause before soldering it out ?

Unfortunately not with it soldered in place, you'd need a Williams test set for that. All your symptoms indicate a RAM issue, and i'm quite confident that is the problem. The fact that this started when you were in the game settings (which are stored in the RAM chip) when the problem started, is the primary factor in my diagnosis.

Quite a few people see their RAM chips fail in games 20-22 years old, especially ones that were heavily routed and powered on the majority of its life. Upgrading to the NVRAM will give you the benefit of current tech and eliminate the need for batteries. You should also de-solder and remove the battery holder from the board while you have it on bench.

#9096 1 year ago
Quoted from rvermeire:

ok, thx
Last question: I see FM 1608 P (64KB) and FM 1608-120-PG (no idea what 120 and G stands for)
Is first one ok as that's the one my regular supplier has available.

Standard RAM is a 28-pin FM1608-120... 120 is the chip speed, ignore the letters after. This is probably NOT NVRAM unless it specifically says so.
For NVRAM, google "RAMTRON FM1608 NVRAM" and order one from a pinball supplier that will ship to you, sorry I cant be much help for the German market.
Make sure you get a 28-pin DIP socket for it and solder that onto your CPU.

#9100 1 year ago
Quoted from rvermeire:

so this is ok despite the 120 is missing ? Or do I need to make sure it has a speed of 120 (ns I guess)
[quoted image]

Yes, that will work.

#9105 1 year ago
Quoted from JakePG:

Hm interesting. Thank you for the help and the picture. I guess this is the reason flipper occasionally gets intermittent? I originally thought eos switch was closed enough.

The cap is to stop sparks and arcing from the switch, your flippers will function normally without them. But you will go through switches often if the game was routed. So depending on how long that cap has been missing, your EOS may be toasted. Replace the switch and add the cap.

#9107 1 year ago
Quoted from JakePG:

Very helpful. Thank you. Upon further inspection, I think the flipper may fade out occasionally because one of the wires isn't soldered to the contact. It was literally just put through the hole.
Already ordered new eos switches.
Are you able to tell me if this is the correct capacitor:
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/C2.2M250VA-NP
Thank for the help

Yes, that is the correct cap, it should come as a kit with a zip tie and sleeves to cover the leads.

1 week later
#9130 1 year ago
Quoted from rvermeire:

OK so replaced my U8 with Nvram on a socket. Still have the same error on the cpu board : LED D19 and 21 on, D20 off.
Anyway to measure if my soldering was done ok as I had a lot of trouble to make soldering stuck on the pcb.
Or what else could be the cause of this issue?
[quoted image]

The only way to test is to follow every trace and do a continuity test on every pin.

2 weeks later
#9145 1 year ago
Quoted from MydknyteStyrm:

I am installing my Cliffs set on my T2 and have three pieces that I’m not sure about. One of the goes on the drop target under the skull, but there’s another rectangle that I don’t know it’s location as well as a long bar with a slight bend crease in it. The fluffy website says one is a Outlane Drain protector but not sure precisely where that’s meant to go. Anyone out there who installed Cliffy’s set have any tips?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Cliff's picture consistancy is poor for having pics of each piece for every game, but these pics should help...
WH20-ejects-inst001 (resized).jpgWH20-ejects-inst001 (resized).jpgfishtales-drain-002 (resized).jpgfishtales-drain-002 (resized).jpg

#9147 1 year ago
Quoted from MydknyteStyrm:

thanks for these. Big help! Question, what’s the second picture of? I realize it’s not T2 but not sure what I’m looking at.

The ball return trough under the arch (apron). Take the apron off, you'll see wear in that spot, center the protector over the wear.

#9150 1 year ago

those cliffy things are only great at being ball traps

Not usually, but I agree that I would worry about a slow roller getting stuck in between those 2 cliffy's. But probably nothing a little nudge wouldn't fix.

1 week later
#9175 1 year ago
Quoted from Averell:

Be prepared for a new Game ROM release very soon.

gif-eating-popcorn-61.gifgif-eating-popcorn-61.gif
1 week later
#9196 1 year ago

Indeed... I've never heard of a T2 that the GI header didn't cook at some point with incandescent's. Mine is HUO and still fried with only being turned on when playing! God bless the inventor of the super-bright LED!!

4 weeks later
#9245 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

Where can I get L8.3 ROM?

Yeah, that!

2 weeks later
#9308 1 year ago

Yeah ummm, not helpful... Maybe i'm just dumb, but I dont see any .zip or .rom files to download.

#9310 1 year ago
Quoted from Averell:

Try to download the patch tool.
Start the programm and patch the existing L-8 to L8-3!
https://www.flippermarkt.de/community/forum/threads/terminator-2-neues-game-rom-l8-3.244657/page-25#post-1999752

Thanks, but I have no clue what you're talking about... Patching/burning ROM's is not my thing, so I need the .zip or .rom file to give someone to burn for me... Guess i'm SOL.

#9315 1 year ago
Quoted from Averell:

It's done, L8.3 Game ROM is now available on IPDB - ENJOY!
https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?2524

Sweet, thank you!! And only U14 needs to be updated? not all 4 sound ROM's? I hope the profanity can be turned off...

1 month later
#9353 1 year ago
Quoted from mikespins:

I personally use this burner and have not had any issue https://amzn.to/3LxorBe

Do you buy your chips from amazon? If so, which ones have you had good luck with? Link?

#9357 1 year ago
Quoted from Averell:

Yes, L8.3 is available at IPDB T2.
Next release will take a while, so you can swap to L8.3.
But keep in mind if you don't use PinSound you have to change U14 to U14 Profanity to have the callout "FUA" in the game.
In fact, then you have to change two Roms, one on the CPU (Game Rom) and the other on the soundcard (U14).
If you have PinSound, you have to download my improved soundpack at pinsound.org.

Averell, I dont have Pinsound, do you absolutely have to replace U14 for L8.3 to function? I don't want the profanity stuff, or "FUA". I'm really just fiending for an LED patch, and losing the slamming door sound in attract mode would be a bonus.

4 weeks later
#9388 1 year ago
Quoted from Averell:

If you don't use PinSound you also have to swap U14 to Profanity.

Averell... You're killin me dude! You keep going back and forth with "you have to swap U14" and "you dont have too, if you dont want the profanity"!

I do NOT have PinSound, I do NOT want the profanity crap... Do I, or do I not "HAVE" to upgrade my U14 for 8.3 to work in my game?!?
I'm sure glad this came up again, as I am minutes away from my guy burning 8.3 for me!

#9391 1 year ago
Quoted from Averell:

Yes, you don't have to swap to U14 Profanity, you can leave U14 if you want.
In the settings there's an option to switch Profanity ON or OFF.
And it doesn't matter if you haven't installed U14 Profanity and switched that option to ON... Arnie then just remain silent.

Ok, cool. I realize these types of enhancements are popular with some, but I tend to lean toward the original speech and sounds as Mr Granner intended.
The primary motivation for me even upgrading the game ROM is for the LED patch and killing the door slam in attract mode.

#9395 1 year ago
Quoted from dtrimberger:

Odd question but can somebody give me the standard size of the pop bumper cap screws?

#4x1/2" phillips pan-head machine (sheet metal) screws. If someone used larger screws, the holes will be oversized or stripped now, and you'll have to change the bumper bodies to use the proper screws.

#9398 1 year ago
Quoted from dtrimberger:

Thanks everyone for the help. I had already looked at the schematics prior to posting but in T2 (and Getaway) the schematic doesn't show the screws.
A google search for "Williams jet bumper screws" did find these at marco which appear to be what everyone else has pointed out.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/4104-01020-08

Those are the ones. also available at any local hardware store in more quantity for less money, and no shipping cost.

1 week later
#9429 1 year ago
Quoted from dtrimberger:

Quick led flasher question. Warm or cool white? And SMd or flat top?

Warm gives you the yellow light similar to old-school incandescent. Cool (natural) is a white light, and my overwhelming preference.
As far as style, that depends on where you put it... If its a backbox or PF insert in a light-board, use a flat top... In a dome, sideways mounted PF insert or hidden under a PF plastic, use a tower. In any case, if you feel a particular flasher is too intense with a flat top, use a tower instead.
In some cases, a white flasher looks like crap and washed out in colored inserts, especially inside red & blue domes and inserts, and a color matched flasher is needed. If you're using a bayonet style flasher, Comet's "flex flasher" is best in every PF insert.

3 weeks later
#9473 1 year ago
Quoted from Luckdragon100:

Hey all. Just running into an issue where my gun trigger won't fire on startup, so I can't start a game. I went into switch test and the gun shows Open / Closed as as I pull the trigger, so that part's working. Shortly before this, I had an issue where the ball was stuck in the skull tray and not being recognized, so maybe it's a board issue? Any ideas where to start would be greatly appreciated! Thanks. G

If the switch is registering properly in test, i'd be looking at the coil that launches the ball. Possibly a simple broken wire on the coil lug.

1 week later
#9507 1 year ago

There's absolutely no doubt that your game was in water for a bit. Everything i'm seeing is text-book flood damage. I am curious if all the bits under the playfield are rusted and corroded also.

#9524 1 year ago

I will revise my assessment from the other day, perhaps this game wasn't in a flood, i'm convinced that it was left outside in the weather for a time. Perhaps on a patio, or maybe just out in the yard. Its obviously been rained on many times, or perhaps buried under snow. Its been in direct sunlight for quite some time, based on the planking and badly faded artwork on the playfield. I see more hacks than I can name, and why the hell would someone move the transformer for no obvious reason??
Dude, I hope you really didn't pay much for this turd... Assuming of course that you find the condition totally unacceptable and intend to return it to glory.

If it were me, I would salvage everything that is glass, plastic, and not severely rusted metal, and replace absolutely everything that is made of wood, including the playfield. Unfortunately, restoring this thing will probably cost you (parts and labor) at least double what it will ever be worth.

#9550 1 year ago
Quoted from dinot:

2) "You need to make the countersunk for the Pop Bumper mounting screws" - I have no idea what this means. Does anyone have a thought?

The pop bumper studs have a flat head, like a standard wood nail. it is installed from the top and must be countersunk to be flush with the PF surface.
You use a Forstner drill bit to drill down about 2mm. If the primary hole for the stud is already drilled, you will need a jig to stabilize the drill or you'll likely dance the drill bit and do some "shit your pants" damage.

#9553 1 year ago
Quoted from tripplett:

dinot TheOnlyest I'd suggest something like this. They aren't that expensive and will save you the soiled pants. haha.
https://a.co/d/gNkh3Jd

Nope, this bit results in a tapered countersink, which will probably work if your careful and very precise. But I cant help but assume that when you tighten the nuts on the pop bracket, the stud heads will sink down below the surface and not look right.

To be done correctly, the countersink needs to be flat... Forstner bit. Or better yet, CNC predrilled in the manufacturing process!!

#9555 1 year ago

I stand corrected, and will cease further comment or assistance.

1 month later
#9764 1 year ago

Theres no such thing as a T2 that the VUK didn't self destruct at some point... Mine is HUO and i'm the original owner, and mine blew up many years ago too!

2 weeks later
#9810 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

Hello owners. Sorry to jump into the thread. Can anyone tell me if switch 66 (upper right orbit, first switch) has a diode or not? Thank you.

Every physical mechanical switch in a pinball machine has a diode.

1 month later
#10025 12 months ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

Thanks guys! The pop bumpers are regular GI correct?

Yep.

3 weeks later
#10172 11 months ago
Quoted from DumbAss:

So what changed to cause it to work? You didn't specify what happened. I can't see what's in front of you.

This is likely to be the GRN/WHT-GRN string. Check the lamp board. It should have a GRN and WHT-GRN wire connected to it. I don't have a machine in front of me so you will need to verify that.
Once you've identified the string then check the VAC across the pins for the GRN and WHT-GRN wire. You can check this at J120 if there is no connector. Otherwise, you can pull a connector off and check the VAC across the pins. The VAC is nominally 5.9VAC or 6.3VAC. It just needs to be in that range. Do this when NOT in the GI test as that will cause the GI to dim depending on which test and this will affect the VAC.
If there is no VAC then you will need to check the VAC for the pins that deliver the voltage from the transformer secondary. That is J115. Yes. The header with the hot glue.

I had a similar issue once with the CPU lights... They are in fact on their own GI circuit, I replaced my GI header and they stopped working, as did half the backbox insert lights.
Upon reinspection of my work, it turned out that when I flowed the solder from the back of the board, it did not flow through to the pads on the front. You cannot see this because of the white plastic base on the front. so reflowing the pins with a tad more solder resolved the problems.

3 weeks later
#10247 10 months ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

My hd pin2dmd from Stumblor is ready to ship! Can’t wait!

Cool! Now you just need someone to play the game while you watch the (probably insanely expensive) screen!

#10255 10 months ago

Back in 2016, a Pinsider named "THIAGOVALDEZ", (who hasn't been seen around here since 2017) custom made a pretty cool topper for T2.
I have never been a fan of non-oem toppers, but for some reason, I needed to have it because it was so cool. I moved to my a new house back in 2018 and removed it from the game for transport, and never put it back on. It's been sitting up on a closet shelf since then. I'm now debating on whether to put it back on perhaps sell it. So i'm here to gauge any interest from you topper loving guys.
It is made from black polycarbonate and laser-cut stainless steel. The eyes and teeth light up along with those on the head in the center of the playfield.
Its 22.5" wide and 15" tall. It mounts with 2 wood screws, run the harness through the backbox vent, and 2 connectors go to the open P/D board headers J133 & J137.
I paid $235 for it, its still in mint condition. shoot me a PM If you're interested and what its worth to you, and i'll get to work on finding a proper box to safely ship it in!

IMG_7903.JPGIMG_7903.JPGImage1.jpgImage1.jpgImage2.jpgImage2.jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.99
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 27.95
$ 21.95

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheOnlyest.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/terminator-2-clubmembers-only?tu=TheOnlyest and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.