PXL_20240331_192714330 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_192724360 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_192719354 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240330_033124675.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240330_033100685 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240330_033107624 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240328_050605393 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Gnassel.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3940 8 years ago
Quoted from tezting:

Anyone know what material the Gun is? I would like to have new chrome on mine but the guy I talk to who should do it is afraid that it might be Zinc and if that is the case it will be a problem

Billede_03-11-2015_20.02.51.jpg

Here in Germany I send my old gun to

http://pinballpool.de/shop/index.php?cPath=65_95

And now it looks like new now.

1 year later
#4847 7 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

My machine tonight decided to shut down during a game and then reset itself. Turned it off and wouldn't come back on. I waited an hour and tried again. It turned on but then shut down during the game again. Any ideas what this would be?
Thanks in advance

Check this cable and connection A. I had exactly the same issue.

IMG_0006 (resized).PNGIMG_0006 (resized).PNG

3 months later
#5248 6 years ago
Quoted from tezting:

Anyone know where they have the right ramp in stock? (mine is cracked)

Pinballcenter.eu (Germany)

http://www.pinball.center/de/shop/flipperspezifisch/terminator-2/4452/rampe-fuer-terminator-2-a-14812

110€ ($=€*1,12)

4 years later
#8897 2 years ago

For 31 years, Arnold has watched us as the ball goes out through the middle. That must be boring in the long run.
And hey, there's much more to watch. We have cool ramps, a database lock, a real gun and a target. And we have poppers!!
It's time to look around.

#8900 2 years ago

Currently, I'm still doing some fine tuning. Optimizing the timing. My wife already thinks I'm crazy when I change the program again after the 2nd ball.
And I'm still coming up with more ideas that I'd like to implement. A little more random chance can come into play. So sometimes something can happen that we don't expect.
Example:
As soon as the gun moves, the eyes should go back and forth between the gun and the target. Isn't that what we do? Aiming?
By chance, he could then also pinch his eyes shut? Because he is afraid to miss the target?
And if the target is not hit, he could look a little to the right, offended.
So there are still plenty of ideas.

Sell it?
Maybe, depends on whether there is a demand. But then everything should be perfect. Currently still need to connect a few alligator clips here. Better would be reasonable connectors.
It is also a fiddly job to solder the LEDs for the eyes. Maybe I can inspire my wife, she is younger and still see well.

#8908 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Definitely interested.
Would it fit a Loot Crate Terminator skull or just the original skull?

I have installed 5 LEDs in a T10 socket. Here 3 cables go out the side. The normal electrical connections are not used. So the rest could stay as it is. Just replace the lamps with these LEDs. The cables then go to a board with a processor, which then controls the eyes depending on the 7 upper flasher.

LED (resized).pngLED (resized).png
1 week later
#8910 2 years ago

A new weekend, a new project. Unfortunately, not so well done. Nevertheless, it would like to share with you.

I had tried to design a T-1000 mod for the T2 Pinball. I wanted to place a figure over the 3 stand up targets. Once a shot was successful , should be simulated a shot like in the movie. Noticeable there are the silver circles that look like liquid metal.
In the game, the inserts then slowly start to flash. They simulate that the T-1000 recovers and the bullets become smaller. This was also simulated here in the mod by white and blue LEDs. The white light slowly becomes darker and it even appears blue towards the end. Unfortunately, it doesn't look as good on the video as it does in real life.
Technically I find this quite well implemented. I have nevertheless removed it from the machine, because it is too much gimmick for me. Besides, a real figure doesn't fit into the basically drawn design.

#8913 2 years ago

When an insert lights up, so does the hole on the T-1000. It's a mix of white and blue. But you can't see that in the video.
If the insert flashes, then another hit must follow. The flashing slowly gets faster. If it is not hit, the inserts go off again.

With the mod I wanted to implement it in this way:
Bright when the insert flashes slowly
darker when it flashes faster.... very fast blinking -> Lights are nearly off, glimmer blue

Unfortunately the timing is my problem here. The blinking is not constant enough to derive a brightness from it.
Also, the blinking seems to be in steps and in addition, the time to shoot down becomes shorter as the game progresses.

1 week later
#8940 2 years ago

Looks great.
I consider to replace also all GI bulbs with LEDs.
Any suggestions? The GI should be stable (no AC flickering)

#8968 2 years ago
Quoted from Gnassel:

For 31 years, Arnold has watched us as the ball goes out through the middle. That must be boring in the long run.
And hey, there's much more to watch. We have cool ramps, a database lock, a real gun and a target. And we have poppers!!
It's time to look around.

The mod is now done.
New:
Payback Time
Big (oval) or small eyes (round)
The small eyes can also look upwards
When the gun moves the eyes aim for too
Blinking can be switched off
A few random surprises...

If someone is interested, I can build some more. It's quite a fiddly job.
Here is a recent video. Have fun!

#8978 2 years ago
Quoted from shepP:

Hopefully they can be used on the the CreoPinball skull as well. Those eyes look fantastic!

That's the skull I have so if it works with the upgraded skull as expected I'm in. I would love to hear which of the two versions other people prefer and why.

The alternative skull looks really cool. Unfortunately, I do not know how the LEDs are attached there. I only have the original version. Should it be plugged T10 LEDs, then it should go. Otherwise, the LEDs need to be fixed somehow from the inside.

Currently I would like to offer the mod here in the area (Germany) with T2 owners to get feedback. If everything goes well, I will open an extra thread here.

Everything is assembled here by hand. The eyes take the most time because everything is so tiny. Price wise it will be around 200$. Including shipping cost.
But first... testing and waiting for feedback.

By the way, both variants look great.
One version has 6 smaller LEDs. 5 in series and one looks upwards. If you have not hit the target.
The other version has an oval housing. Here are only 5 LEDs installed. They are more powerful. There is still a 6th LED missing, which can then also look up. I'll try to implement that here as well.

Thanks for your interest.

#8986 2 years ago
Quoted from Sehested:

Gnassel what is the width of the small round T2 eyes?
Im making a custom topper for my T2 and thought that your mod might make it more interactive. The max width of the eyes in my topper is 9mm.[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great! Do you want to paint it then?
Is it a 3D print? Can you send me a cutout of one eye as .STL, then I'll try how it looks built in there.

Here are the dimensions of both variants.
White: over all dimensions, yellow: vissible LEDs

Bildschirmfoto 2022-03-25 um 07.02.47 (resized).pngBildschirmfoto 2022-03-25 um 07.02.47 (resized).pngBildschirmfoto 2022-03-25 um 07.05.23 (resized).pngBildschirmfoto 2022-03-25 um 07.05.23 (resized).pngBildschirmfoto 2022-03-25 um 07.27.59 (resized).pngBildschirmfoto 2022-03-25 um 07.27.59 (resized).png
#8989 2 years ago
Quoted from MydknyteStyrm:

I got a plastic kit and have these two triangles with serial numbers on it. Where do they go?
[quoted image][quoted image]

+1

#8994 2 years ago
Quoted from Sehested:

Yes it is 3d printed. I have printed it with sliky silver PLA so it has a little bit of metal likeness to it. Due to this I don’t want to spend the time to sand and paint it. Some of the small details will disappear in that way.
The eye ball itself is actually 10mm but the outer part of the eye is only 12,5mm. Maybe it would be possible to increase it slightly in a new print. Is there any of the sides of you lamp that could be trimmed slightly or does wires go all the way to the edge?
It would look awesome with a set of your T2 eyes in that topper!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Silver Pla, great idea!

12mm? Sure

CF5F7071-1BFC-49FF-A13F-61F75567FC8B (resized).jpegCF5F7071-1BFC-49FF-A13F-61F75567FC8B (resized).jpeg
#8995 2 years ago

And Eyes Version #3

21D4D6C7-C912-4B3B-B04A-9A4DAF2815F8 (resized).jpeg21D4D6C7-C912-4B3B-B04A-9A4DAF2815F8 (resized).jpeg
#9006 2 years ago
Quoted from RGarriott:

Is this just a static version, no movement?

Here is the version from above, but additionally with tinting film. With it it is no longer so bright. If you want to install it in a topper, you can easily remove the foil again.
Again, the T800 can look in 6 different directions. From left to right and upwards.
IMG_1075 (resized).JPGIMG_1075 (resized).JPGIMG_1076 (resized).JPGIMG_1076 (resized).JPGIMG_1077 (resized).JPGIMG_1077 (resized).JPG

I will soon open a separate section so as not to bother this forum further

1 month later
#9054 1 year ago
Quoted from rx3:

That's pretty cool, but the first video shows a flutter/glitch type movement in the eyes? Is that really happening? Not good, if it is.

I'm sorry. What exactly does that mean?

#9056 1 year ago

In the first video we see the game end sequence. Here all flasher are wildly controlled and here also all patterns of the eyes run through. Except for the rolling eyes, because that would look strange here.
As Sehestedt already mentioned, this is a special effect as soon as the huntership is hit. It would be conceivable to take this out here, but then it would look exactly like the Payback Time. A little bit of variety is allowed
@Brett, I haven't forgotten you. I'm still waiting for feedback from Scott.
Frank

7 months later
#9568 1 year ago
Quoted from dtrimberger:

The folks at buthamburg are going to be doing a run soon, that may be the supplier to planetarypinball (not entirely sure but think so). I've been in contact with Peter there. They're moving into a new facility and are busy doing the Alien and Queen playfields. He estimated late January or February for t2 run but don't hold him to that. In the past they ship to the US, not cheap but cheaper than the link listed above.
https://www.buthamburg.de/en/playfields

I had written to Buthamburg in March regarding T2 Playfields. Also then they were not available in their shop. Peter had answered and said that they were in production at that time. Until today I have not heard anything further. The information of the new facility makes sense.

Best to write to Peter, the more requests, the higher the priority.

3 months later
8 months later
#10597 4 months ago
Quoted from dinot:

Woo-hoo looks like the Buthamburg playfields are about to ship. Hopefully I will have a holidays project. (I am off of work the last 2 weeks of Dec)

+1
Peter told me, they will start shipping this week!

For me it is the first time that I replace a playfield.
What are you doing in the area where mylar is stuck today? Leave it like that or put on mylar again?
And can the playfield be played immediately or does the clear coat still need to harden?

#10630 3 months ago

Still waiting…

#10636 3 months ago

It arrived today!!!

Guys, it looks fantastic. The playfield, the surface - perfect!
Thanks to the Buthamburg team. And if you ever do a series for Scared Stiff - I'm in.

IMG_3364 (resized).jpegIMG_3364 (resized).jpegIMG_3365 (resized).jpegIMG_3365 (resized).jpegIMG_3368 (resized).jpegIMG_3368 (resized).jpegIMG_3369 (resized).jpegIMG_3369 (resized).jpeg
#10643 3 months ago

After taking a closer look at the new playfield, I noticed that the print (black circles) are slightly off the center of the holes. You can see this clearly in the photo. This fits perfectly with the original playfield.
You probably won't see the drift when the upper parts are on, but a question for the experts anyway: Is this normal and within tolerances? Is it the same with your playfields?

IMG_3377 (resized).jpegIMG_3377 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 26.50
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 21.95
$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Gnassel.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/terminator-2-clubmembers-only?tu=Gnassel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.