• Topic is favorited by 274 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

53663951190_696642b1ae_c (resized).jpg
53663311748_14568d061c_c (resized).jpg
53662225557_f2e8f3ac6e_k (resized).jpg
Williams_1991_Terminator_2_Judgment_Day_Manual_-_Update.pdf (PDF preview)
A2_Feature_Adjustments_(Update).pdf (PDF preview)
Terminator2_L8_4.pdf (PDF preview)
53639132189_e8b428873f_k (resized).jpg
53639132179_2f5a4b2c09_k (resized).jpg
IMG_5447 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5475 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5462 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240401_002830006 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240401_002816443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_192714330 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_192724360 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_192719354 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Endprodukt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2526 9 years ago

I just wanted to let you guys know that I:

Reorchestrate the complete original Pinball soundtrack for the Pinsound Board as we speak. Music is almost done, I have someone doing the speech samples who sounds just like Arnie in 1991 and I'm working on the FX. A lot of work is left, but I think it's well worth it. Can't wait to hear the original music in stereo and with real instruments. I think it fits really well but let me know what you think of it:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2932654/Terminator%20Teaser.mp3

I'm also speaking to the Color DMD team. They're checking out how overseas contracts work (I'm from germany). If they can work it out I will try to color T2.

Besides the fact the T800 in the animation doesn't look like a T800 I'm not sure if I should go for a blueish version to immitate the chrome (just like the sideart etc.) or if I should go for gray.

Let me know what you think:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2932654/Image-0x022E.png

#2533 9 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

That rocks! I would definently buy a colour DMD for my T2

I'm glad you like it

Quoted from NinJaBooT:

I like the blue. Take my money!

That's good - I think the blue fits to the rest of the design very well! Money will be taken by Color DMD I guess Have to wait to sign a contract and I really don't know what it's up to or how they compensate the time spent on it.

Quoted from phalcon_2600:

Yes, that blue and red like the side art kicks butt!!! T2 color DMD is a buy!!

Awesome!

Quoted from phalcon_2600:

You should have that voice actor add some famous quotes that were in the movie that were left out of the game.

I know that someone else is onto that but I really don't want to do that. The reason why is that I also don't want to change the music in the sense of the "writing". I want to keep it as it was intended, just update it. I know this isn't for everyone but I really like the original soundtrack of the game and Arnolds phrases, so I'll keep them. I'd love to add "F*ck you a**hole" though BUT: You may have some ideas, let me know and I'll see if there is a nice way to implement them. I know it's possible to use different samples for the same purpose.

All the gunshots are replaced by gunshots from the movies, just as an example for staying as close as possible

I'm glad you guys like it so far

1 week later
#2543 9 years ago

Dear T2 Clubmembers
Some may know I'm working on redoing all the sounds/music for the T2.
I just received all the speech samples redone by Joe Gaudet. He did a great job immitating our beloved Arnie.

Give Joes YouTube Channel a visit: http://www.youtube.com/user/JoeGaudet

He did all this work for free and was super cool to work with. I'm really thankfull he supports us

He coppied all the speech samples pretty much spot on but also gave us up to 6 slightly different versions of each sample and some additional stuff I don't want to speak about yet. The Pinsoundboard gives you the possibility to use multiple samples for each phrase and pick them randomly.

I promise this will be awesome.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kdi6skajppuym14/Arnold%20Speech.mp3

#2547 9 years ago

Gomo. I have that part if you can't find it anywhere in Canada or the US.

#2549 9 years ago

Guys, I'm collecting whishes for more "custom" phrases for the T2. I think it would be nice if we donated a little bit to Joe for his great work, too. I'm waiting for Joe to reply on that though.

Some whishes that have allready been collected are:

- JACKPOT!!!
- SUPER JACKPOT!!!
- Taunts for tilt (I'll leave this open to Joe)

#2550 9 years ago

It would be highly appreciated to donate a few bucks to Joe if you like his work. He won't take the money for himself but forward it to charity projects of his choice. His PayPal is "[email protected]". It's not about the amount but rather about the appreciation of his work. He didn't ask for this, he's not on the boards or anything.

The whole project should be finished withing the next few weeks. Music and speech are almost done. Fx will take a little, troubleshooting/mixing/mastering/remixing/cutting will also take a little.

I don't have a Pinsound Board myself and I really need to test this stuff on a real machine before releasing it. Future updates/whishes are very possible.

2 weeks later
#2558 9 years ago

Okay guys, here's a bad "as is" game with the reorchestration. It's not completely finished but not far away.

Let me know what you think: https://www.dropbox.com/s/oa5q47fqu4z9yh3/T2%20Reorchestrated.mp3?dl=0

#2562 9 years ago

Thanks for the feedback. I have up to 5 samples for each quote. Users can delete all samples they dont like easily.

Making sfx louder is no problem. I think depending on the sound system, people will have to make slight volume adjustments here and there.

1 month later
#2667 9 years ago

Guys,

my T2 Reorchestration for the Pinsoundboard is finished and available as a free download.
If you don't know what's the Pinsoundboard, please check out http://www.pinsound.org/

For more information and a preview on my reorchestration for the T2 check the news on pinsound:

http://www.pinsound.org/blog/

Or download directly at:

http://pinsound-community.org/forum/index.php?app=downloads&showcat=18

#2672 9 years ago

I considered that apron but for a bit more I can have that pinsound board and load the new music and call outs which would be much better IMO. I can't believe we all didn't give that guy from Germany a huge shoutout and thanks for doing all that work for us.

I'm glad you want to get the Board because of my Reorchestration. That's all the positive feedback I'd ever need. Thank you so much. BTW. you can allready download it at pinsound-community.org and give it a listen with the Pinsound Studio or just single samples if you're interested

#2675 9 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

This is amazing, thanks so much! Really hard for me to NOT get a pinsound board now...

So.... get one

Quoted from mainelycoasters:

it is on the to do list. Damn cannon is driving me mental right now. trying to a line it up correctly and be stop it from acting wierd. new thing it wants to do is just go back and forth with out shooting the ball. It tells me its in the aim range but refuses to fire.

That's usually the switch with the little roller (sorry, don't know what they're called). It's not registering when it's pressed back. A little adjustment should do it!

#2678 9 years ago

I did download it already, just waiting for my board to come in
I was promoting this to someone and they brought up a good question. The whole point of this is to get stereo sound where it was mono before. However the speakers in T2 are mono speakers they work as one so not only would you have to put new speakers in like flipper fidelities or something but you would also have to completely rewire the speakers because they are wired for mono. Is this true?

Yes,

Pinsound may offers a complete package in the future, but I'm not sure on that.
Having it in stereo is ONE point (you can still play in mono, no problem). The original speakers are very very bad and actually the wiring Williams did is incorrect. It should be corrected anyways and wiring up the stereo setup took me 5-10 minutes.

If you're spending the money on a pinsound board, do a speaker upgrade, get some wire, a 7 pin connector and go stereo with awesome sound. Having the possibility to EQ the sub and the backbox seperately makes this a must.

#2679 9 years ago

Ps.

I wouldn't get a prepared pinball upgrade for the speakers. These are always put together with the thought of mono. Usualy midrange-, highrangespeaker and a subwoofer. I'd get two broadband speakers for the backbox and one sub. I usually go for Visaton speakers, they're pretty cheap but sound great - don't know if they're available outside europe though.

#2681 9 years ago

It totally depends on what you want. Wiring is straight forward. Two wires per speaker, plus and minus. They go to the data east connector on the pinsound board. The Data East connector is a 7 pin 1.56" connector.

I don't know if Visaton speakers are available in Canada or the US. But there will be something similar. It's just what I use.

#2683 9 years ago
Quoted from WApb:

I remember this being discussed before (maybe in another thread?), but did anybody already program the original movie score into his/her machine? Would be amazing..
Edit: Never mind, its here in the Thread...

Yup... but it's not programmed into the game. You will need the Pinsound Board.

#2685 9 years ago
Quoted from WApb:

I read that, are there any other options?

Get a P-Roc, reprogam the whole game, integrate my soundtrack, boom. Only other option you have.

#2687 9 years ago
Quoted from WApb:

thanks, i will look into the first option

It's a good one. You won't be disapointed with the pinsound board. It's very well made and has great features to make the sound stand out the way YOU want.

#2697 9 years ago
Quoted from Manby:

I'm back !
After a long time out with a poorly T2 a new driver board and LOTS of practice I've just smashed my best score by just over 100mil
Unfortunately the wife doesn't seem to share my excitement.

image.jpg 100 KB

crazy score. 3 ball and factory settings?

1 month later
#2743 9 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

What kind of LEDs are you guys using for the 2 GI sockets behind the 3 red standup targets? I have natural white GI all over which looks great, but it's too bright in this location since you have a direct line of sight to the LEDs.

Red for me.

#2747 9 years ago

I made videos of my Pinsound Reorchestration and OST version. Please don't mind the canon-sound-bug (sound is way too long), Pinsound guys are working on it!

OST

Reorchestration

#2751 9 years ago

Pinsound.org

Quoted from F348:I really liked the OST version, with the theme music in the background..
Awesome - is it possible to know how I can install that??
Cheers!

#2753 9 years ago

My cannon is fast. Do you think it could be a problem actually?

Quoted from pinballYeti:

The OST version is awesome - if I were playing a T2 for the first time that is the sound I would expect to hear (the awesome music from the movie).
Also, damn your cannon swings fast! That's like 3X faster than mine!

#2758 9 years ago
Quoted from joe2012:

check the motor. is the cement resistor attached? joe

Yes, it was working and just got fast one day when I booted up the game and played a round.

Quoted from NinJaBooT:

The OST version is baddass!!! How do I get one? Definitely one of the coolest mods I've seen! great work Endprodukt!

You will need to buy a Pinsound Board, the mix is for free. The OST Version was a 60 minutes job of cutting... the reorchestration took me 200 hours to redo with real instruments in my studio.

Quoted from F348:

I totally agreed, the music on the OST is just perfect for this game, but "Arnie" sounds a bit.....eh...well...tame..

Comparing Joe Gaudets interpretations of the original files he's like 98% on in my opinion. You may check out the original mix on computer speakers instead of the video.

You can download both of my versions for free at pinsound-community.org.

2 weeks later
#2805 9 years ago

Never change a running system. There is no need to "repair" something that's working and there is always a chance to damage the board no matter how good/carefully you are.

1 week later
#2815 9 years ago

Yes. You can modify everything as you wish. Using the stock voice is no problem. It will just sound really really bad in comparison quality wise. It will take you one minute to do!

6 months later
#3536 8 years ago
Quoted from Gorno:

The music is a nice touch, but those Arnold impressions are pretty bad.

In your opinion. I think it's rather harsh to discredit Joe Gaudets work who did this all for free.

There aren't many who could do it better or did it for free.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 21.95
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Endprodukt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/terminator-2-clubmembers-only?tu=Endprodukt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.