• 10,945 posts
  • 737 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by Averell
  • Topic is favorited by 273 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Williams_1991_Terminator_2_Judgment_Day_Manual_-_Update.pdf (PDF preview)
A2_Feature_Adjustments_(Update).pdf (PDF preview)
Terminator2_L8_4.pdf (PDF preview)
53639132189_e8b428873f_k (resized).jpg
53639132179_2f5a4b2c09_k (resized).jpg
IMG_5447 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5475 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5462 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240401_002830006 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240401_002816443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_192714330 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_192724360 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_192719354 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240330_033124675.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240330_033100685 (resized).jpg
There are 10,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 99 of 219.
#4901 7 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Its a small and very specific L-bracket, you wont find one at Home Depot, you'll likely have to make one of some sheet metal, the original part is unobtainium. There is supposed to be one on each side of the skull, so if the other one is there, it should be pretty self explanatory!

both gone.....ill have to make something

#4902 7 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

both gone.....ill have to make something

Do a Google image search to find T2 playfield pics, you'll find tons of pics of what the L-brackets look like.
The real mystery here is wtf happened to the L-brackets from your game!?! It kinda looks like it was stored outside for a few years with no PF glass on it, maybe some critter ate them??

#4903 7 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Do a Google image search to find T2 playfield pics, you'll find tons of pics of what the L-brackets look like.
The real mystery here is wtf happened to the L-brackets from your game!?! It kinda looks like it was stored outside for a few years with no PF glass on it, maybe some critter ate them??

yeah who knows...no hunter ship or wire bracket but those are avail.

#4904 7 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

I'm guessing the skull was replaced, and since those brackets are riveted, they didn't bother to transfer them over.

#4905 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I'm guessing the skull was replaced, and since those brackets are riveted, they didn't bother to transfer them over.

Right, so sit the skull in the general area of where it goes, and hope it just stays there!
Even 2-sided taping the bottom of the skull to the chin guard, or even to the horseshoe behind it, or BOTH would make half-assed hack sense... but nooooooo, that would take effort!!

#4906 7 years ago

Thanks for all the help on here. Last thing I think I need is the height of the wire bracket for hunter ship. Have a used ship coming in and I have wire I use to build the holder. Thinking it's 2-3 inches height

#4907 7 years ago

Just finished shopping my T2.
Whatcha guys think?

IMG_1067 (resized).JPGIMG_1067 (resized).JPG

#4908 7 years ago

Looks good but your terminator eyes look goofy. Get these:

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3256

#4910 7 years ago
Quoted from spikedbat:

Just finished shopping my T2.
Whatcha guys think?

Looks pretty good, but i'm not a fan of colored GI lights, and the yellow flipper bats are an abomination.. replace them with the proper black bats. The stickers on the apron are a major bummer... Sorry, you asked!

#4911 7 years ago

Giant ship is weird too.

#4912 7 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

Received my Chrome T2 translite recently. Super Product and great service. Pics coming soon. Thanks!!!

Just installed. Goes well with the alternate Chrome Edition Cabinet Decals.
002 (2) (resized).JPG002 (2) (resized).JPG
003 (2) (resized).JPG003 (2) (resized).JPG
005 (3) (resized).JPG005 (3) (resized).JPG
016 (resized).JPG016 (resized).JPG

#4913 7 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

Just installed. Goes well with the alternate Chrome Edition Cabinet Decals.

Wow! Your machine is outstansing!

Thank you for posting photos of our translite. Did you put red LED's behind the eyes?

Pete
Retro Refurbs

#4914 7 years ago
Quoted from RetroRefurbs:

Wow! Your machine is outstansing!
Thank you for posting photos of our translite. Did you put red LED's behind the eyes?
Pete
Retro Refurbs

I can't take credit for the game. It's actually another masterpiece by HEP. Yes, I did put red led's behind the eyes-perfect! Thanks again for a great product and super customer service. Shipping was very quick also.

#4915 7 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Looks good but your terminator eyes look goofy. Get these:
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3256

Those look good and all, but $15 for two lights? That's outrageous.

#4916 7 years ago
Quoted from Bugsy:

Those look good and all, but $15 for two lights? That's outrageous.

Not just 2 lights, unique and specially made, worth every penny.

#4917 7 years ago

I am getting ready for a refurb. Chrome version is hot. I cannot find chrome decal kit, seems to be out of production, i dont understand if the artwork extists, just print one out?

#4918 7 years ago
Quoted from TimberOne:

I am getting ready for a refurb. Chrome version is hot. I cannot find chrome decal kit, seems to be out of production, i dont understand if the artwork extists, just print one out?

check retro refurbs in england

#4919 7 years ago
Quoted from TimberOne:

We have the exact same Chrome cabinet decals as pictured above, although we didn't supply them for his game. But they are the same: http://www.retrorefurbs.com/shop/terminator-2-chrome-edition-pinball-cabinet-decals/

We did however supply the translite pictured above: http://www.retrorefurbs.com/shop/terminator-2-chrome-alternative-pinball-translite/

If you want the full kit, we have them at a discount: http://www.retrorefurbs.com/shop/t2-chrome-edition-decals-translite-package/

We're also about to release a whole new bunch of extra goodies for T2 Chrome. Hopefully in April.

Pete
Retro Refurbs

#4920 7 years ago
Quoted from RetroRefurbs:

We have the exact same Chrome cabinet decals as pictured above, although we didn't supply them for his game. But they are the same: http://www.retrorefurbs.com/shop/terminator-2-chrome-edition-pinball-cabinet-decals/
We did however supply the translite pictured above: http://www.retrorefurbs.com/shop/terminator-2-chrome-alternative-pinball-translite/
If you want the full kit, we have them at a discount: http://www.retrorefurbs.com/shop/t2-chrome-edition-decals-translite-package/
We're also about to release a whole new bunch of extra goodies for T2 Chrome. Hopefully in April.
Pete
Retro Refurbs

I like it! Thanks for the quick reply. I have never done a cabinet or decals, want to do it right. Watched some vids. Planning on an automotive finish and clear the cab & decals.

#4921 7 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Not just 2 lights, unique and specially made, worth every penny.

They are still just two 555 lights with chrome trim. I bet I could make my own using these Comet LEDs, and by finding something at Home Depot to use as the trim. $0.76 for the bulbs, and however many few cents from Home Depot. However you want to look at it, $15 for two bulbs is just crazy.

https://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/led.htm

#4922 7 years ago
Quoted from Bugsy:

They are still just two 555 lights with chrome trim. I bet I could make my own using these Comet LEDs, and by finding something at Home Depot to use as the trim. $0.76 for the bulbs, and however many few cents from Home Depot. However you want to look at it, $15 for two bulbs is just crazy.

Blah blah blah, then do it. And spend the time to do it, and then ship them, then you might see the $15 value.

#4923 7 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Blah blah blah, then do it. And spend the time to do it, and then ship them, then you might see the $15 value.

I think it would be pretty hard to find anyone crazy enough to purchase two bulbs for $15. Wouldn't be worth it.

#4924 7 years ago
Quoted from Bugsy:

I think it would be pretty hard to find anyone crazy enough to purchase two bulbs for $15. Wouldn't be worth it.

Many people have, including myself. It seems high but it's worth my time not to have to try and customize something myself that might not look as good.

#4925 7 years ago
Quoted from Bugsy:

Yup, i'm crazy... My time roaming around Home Depot, and labor trying to half-assed replicate these excellent quality custom manufactured LED's, is worth a helluva lot more than $15. It's that simple, period.

#4926 7 years ago
Quoted from Bugsy:

Then make them, and sell them for less. You'll corner the market!

#4927 7 years ago
Quoted from Bugsy:

Don't forget your time and gas to hunt down the correct parts.

#4928 7 years ago

I did this with Pinball Life LED's and some trim washers.

t2-1 (resized).JPGt2-1 (resized).JPG

t2 (resized).JPGt2 (resized).JPG

#4929 7 years ago

I would still spend $15.

#4930 7 years ago
Quoted from smiley:

That looks pretty good. The only thing missing is the red color when the eyes are off. If you used a different LED with the same trim washers it would look almost identical to the PBL ones. Can you link to which trim washers you used?

#4931 7 years ago
Quoted from smiley:

Why go through all that trouble though when you can just by them at an insanely huge markup? (Sarcasm of course, they look great.)

Quoted from rx3:

Don't forget your time and gas to hunt down the correct parts

Or just pick them up while you're at Home Depot for other things that you need to get anyways.

#4932 7 years ago
Quoted from Bugsy:

Why go through all that trouble though when you can just by them at an insanely huge markup? (Sarcasm of course, they look great.)

Or just pick them up while you're at Home Depot for other things that you need to get anyways.

Cool. Wish I was as savvy, but I'm not. I'll just pay 15 bucks

#4933 7 years ago

Any tips on the clearcoating decals?

#4934 7 years ago
Quoted from rx3:

Cool. Wish I was as savvy, but I'm not. I'll just pay 15 bucks

Ok from all the downvotes I can see that there is an unpopular opinion here. But I will say this last bit and be done.

For some people, owning pinball machines is a hobby. Some people are into music, RC cars, model trains, older cars, etc, but we are into pinball. And usually hobbyists like to tinker, fix, customize, and work with their hobby. I personally like to think of custom ideas to add to my games, but I will also look at other existing ideas based on what other people do and go off that. And everyone likes saving money, so why not attempt to do a little extra work yourself, or do some things on your own? (And this can even relate to other things like home improvement projects, doing your own oil change/car maintenance, yard work...) A little extra effort can give one that added feeling of accomplishment when the project is finished too.

For example, lets take adding LEDs to a game. You can simply buy a kit from a website for a pretty large markup, or go through your game and make a list get the LEDs you want for a fraction of the cost for a kit. You get the added benefit of getting the bulbs you want plus saving yourself some money in the process. Now, some people are ok with throwing money at their hobby and that's fine, but others like the idea of getting creative and making the game their own with their own hard work.

#4935 7 years ago
Quoted from Bugsy:

For example, lets take adding LEDs to a game. You can simply buy a kit from a website for a pretty large markup, or go through your game and make a list get the LEDs you want for a fraction of the cost for a kit. You get the added benefit of getting the bulbs you want plus saving yourself some money in the process. Now, some people are ok with throwing money at their hobby and that's fine, but others like the idea of getting creative and making the game their own with their own hard work.

Or you could get the list, amend it, and have them send you a kit based off your changes.

I put the new skull in my machine. I drilled that bitch and spent the time modifying it to get it to fit. I ALSO used the $15 brite eyes to pop in there. Why? Because I didnt want to spend the extra time dicking around. You pick and choose your battles.

I await to see your mods for sale. Unless, you like, dont have enough time for that.

#4936 7 years ago

I have the Pinball Life eye lights and the look great! Agreed the kit costs way more than the sum of the raw materials but so do all turnkey items. If someone posted the part number for the trim rings (Home Depot, etc) and which LEDs to use, I might have gone that way. My time is worth more than what it would have cost me to research and buy a workable LED and trim ring for this.

#4937 7 years ago

long term project, finished up nice plays great, been that long since the 90's since i played one, forgot how well T2 shoots,

SAM_1168 (resized).JPGSAM_1168 (resized).JPG
SAM_1171 (resized).JPGSAM_1171 (resized).JPG
SAM_1172 (resized).JPGSAM_1172 (resized).JPG
SAM_1169 (resized).JPGSAM_1169 (resized).JPG
SAM_1173 (resized).JPGSAM_1173 (resized).JPG
SAM_1176 (resized).JPGSAM_1176 (resized).JPG
SAM_1177 (resized).JPGSAM_1177 (resized).JPG
SAM_1178 (resized).JPGSAM_1178 (resized).JPG
SAM_1179 (resized).JPGSAM_1179 (resized).JPG
SAM_1175 (resized).JPGSAM_1175 (resized).JPG
SAM_1180 (resized).JPGSAM_1180 (resized).JPG
SAM_1170 (resized).JPGSAM_1170 (resized).JPG

IMG_1641 (resized).JPGIMG_1641 (resized).JPG

#4938 7 years ago

hard to tell with a pic, the skull red led's are recessed back, the guy that made up this skull did a fantastic job

#4939 7 years ago
Quoted from skywalker:

long term project, finished up nice plays great, been that long since the 90's since i played one, forgot how well T2 shoots,

Nice job. Did you do the chrome version or stock?

#4940 7 years ago
Quoted from TimberOne:

Nice job. Did you do the chrome version or stock?

All std version with chrome Gun

#4941 7 years ago

I did the RubyLith DMD mod, game changer for $8 shipped from eBay

T2 (resized).jpgT2 (resized).jpg

#4942 7 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Nifty! I've not seen that on ebay, do you have a link?

#4943 7 years ago

This is the seller I bought from
ebay.com link: itm
you can cut the 11"x14" piece in half , and use it on 2 machines. I put the other one in my Street Fighter but it doesnt pop nearly as much and I'll probably take it out. It BELONGS in T2 , its definitely the best bang for the buck mod.

I actually saw it when looking up old threads here on pinside about T2, dont recall who thought of it first but it wasnt me.

SF2Red (resized).jpgSF2Red (resized).jpg

#4944 7 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Nifty! I've not seen that on ebay, do you have a link?

Ordered!

#4945 7 years ago

I dont understand, what is it doing? Making it red?

#4946 7 years ago

it filters the light and make the orange DMD look red. I can take a better pic when I get home. I also installed Metal-mods pop bumper "chrome" stickers. These were installed before the RubyLith, so the DMDis still reflecting orange. I need to buy new glass :/

17545377_10211608122374486_501488597798478261_o (resized).jpg17545377_10211608122374486_501488597798478261_o (resized).jpg
17546988_10211608106294084_927459503253144079_o (resized).jpg17546988_10211608106294084_927459503253144079_o (resized).jpg

#4947 7 years ago

Ahhh ok. Ive got a red filter on mine. It is kinda dark....hmmm....

#4948 7 years ago

30th post: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diy-red-dmd-filter

the DMD is still nice and bright, not dark at all same as that guy.

#4949 7 years ago

I bought a red filter from Pinbits - great product. Bit more expensive but beats the doing yourself..

#4950 7 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Love it. In for one. Thanks for the tip!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 21.95
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 39.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 27.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 10,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 99 of 219.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/terminator-2-clubmembers-only/page/99?hl=spikedbat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.