• Topic is favorited by 274 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

53663951190_696642b1ae_c (resized).jpg
53663311748_14568d061c_c (resized).jpg
53662225557_f2e8f3ac6e_k (resized).jpg
Williams_1991_Terminator_2_Judgment_Day_Manual_-_Update.pdf (PDF preview)
A2_Feature_Adjustments_(Update).pdf (PDF preview)
Terminator2_L8_4.pdf (PDF preview)
53639132189_e8b428873f_k (resized).jpg
53639132179_2f5a4b2c09_k (resized).jpg
IMG_5447 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5475 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5462 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240401_002830006 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240401_002816443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_192714330 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_192724360 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_192719354 (resized).jpg
There are 10,956 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 220.
#4701 7 years ago

Nice, but way too expensive for a T2.

#4702 7 years ago
Quoted from loscanones:

Nice, but way too expensive for a T2.

LOL, I was just thinking that I dont need to spend any more money on my T2.

#4703 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Just spotted this on RGP:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/rec.games.pinball/schpWGFg8tc
It looks like Peter somehow obtained the rights for T2, and is gearing up to reproduce T2 playfields.

OMG!!!!
I have been waiting for a repro but never thought it would happen.
How is he's quality?

#4704 7 years ago

He also made a thread here on pinside for the repro T2 playfields. I have heard great things about their quality but have no personal experience with them.

#4705 7 years ago
Quoted from tezting:

OMG!!!!
I have been waiting for a repro but never thought it would happen.
How is he's quality?

He made the BOP playfields. It looked really good. I haven't done the swap yet, but others have.

#4706 7 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

He also made a thread here on pinside for the repro T2 playfields.

Ah, here it is. Must have missed it the other day.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/terminator-2-judgment-day-repro-playfields-pre-order-open

#4707 7 years ago

Very tempting! My PF isn't the worst but am really excited to get new, color accurate cabinet decals.

#4708 7 years ago

LOL, YOU GUYS YOU GUYS. Who wants to over pay for a junky T2? Good lord man....this must mean mine is wroth $5000....lollolollolololo

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/42376

#4709 7 years ago

It figures the repros come out after I finally pay to restore a playfield. Oh and I bought decals too.

#4710 7 years ago

Ooo a repo playfield? Oh, $900 for it?! Damn, too rich for my blood.

#4711 7 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

It figures the repros come out after I finally pay to restore a playfield. Oh and I bought decals too.

The new playfields won't be ready for a few months at best if that makes you feel better.

#4712 7 years ago
Quoted from Bugsy:

Ooo a repo playfield? Oh, $900 for it?! Damn, too rich for my blood.

Right? Thats more than half of what I paid for it!

#4713 7 years ago

With 1200-1600 you can find a T2 with a nice playfield that you can clean and easily bring to a perfect condition. You can sell the main components and you will be surprised that your playfield will come to less than 500 (probably less than that). Better than a repro.

#4714 7 years ago
Quoted from loscanones:

I was not looking for anything in particular...just curious to see it. A little bit expensive curiosity.
Posted just for info...its hard to find pictures with whatever is on the market... people are usually posting pictures with extra LEDs and stuff like that. Very little feedback about quality of parts sold by various ...let`s say "enthusiasts".
My skull -actually not mine but the one installed on machine- is in very good condition and i like to preserve the original parts as much as possible.
Maybe, if i`m in a good mood i will clean that paint on the new one and keep it as a replacement, just in case.
Your alternate skull is also not bad...

Thanks for sharing and for "taking one for the team". That Ministry skull is hideous.

#4715 7 years ago
Quoted from Frogman:

Thanks for sharing and for "taking one for the team". That Ministry skull is hideous.

I wouldn't call it hideous. At least it's very similar to the original skull minus the sloppy black paint.

Now Marco's skull, that is fugly!

skull (resized).jpgskull (resized).jpg

#4717 7 years ago

I was live last night on Hype playing T2. Had a great game, nailed several super jackpots. My drop is acting funky, I know. It isnt dropping well, I will fix it later. Everything else seems to be fine. Check it out!

#4718 7 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

I was live last night on Hype playing T2. Had a great game, nailed several super jackpots. My drop is acting funky, I know. It isnt dropping well, I will fix it later. Everything else seems to be fine. Check it out!
» YouTube video

My game screws up just like yours when I get 2 balls into the skull in rapid succession. I wish the drop target was quicker to pop up once 1 ball is hit in there. Nice game though! I went to play a short game in-between periods of the Red Wings the other day and ended up playing for almost a half hour and hit 527 million.

#4719 7 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

My game screws up just like yours when I get 2 balls into the skull in rapid succession. I wish the drop target was quicker to pop up once 1 ball is hit in there. Nice game though! I went to play a short game in-between periods of the Red Wings the other day and ended up playing for almost a half hour and hit 527 million.

Luckily the ball stayed up against the back of the drop target so it was able to pop the first ball into the cannon.

#4720 7 years ago

Another curiosity...this time from Pinball Center. Another piece of crap. 25$ piece of crap.
Those fluorescent lights should fit under bumper cover. No way. A little bit thicker, a little bit bigger diameter. There is nothing to hold it, it will rest on the movable part of the bumper and will crack after few kicks.You need some spacers, glue or god knows what to put this piece of crap in position. Then, you have to pass the wires through bumper holes for lamp. With those wires, no way! You have to drill a bigger hole.
The last one: they`re not red but PINK.
Well, that`s enough for me, if somebody wants it... can have it for free.
Beware, they sell only two in one set.

My offer is valid for one week, after that-----> garbage bin.

_MG_3260 (resized).JPG_MG_3260 (resized).JPG

_MG_3251 (resized).JPG_MG_3251 (resized).JPG

_MG_3257 (resized).JPG_MG_3257 (resized).JPG

#4722 7 years ago

I need to replace my mpu board. There's a $205 board on eBay. Is there a cheaper alternative?

#4723 7 years ago
Quoted from cosmicjim:

I need to replace my mpu board

What`s wrong with old board?

#4724 7 years ago
Quoted from loscanones:

What`s wrong with old board?

Battery acid damage. Then I tried to change out a chip myself and screwed it up. I guess it's repairable, but not at my soldering skill level.

#4725 7 years ago
Quoted from cosmicjim:

Battery acid damage.

There is a cheap alternative, to replace PCB, it`s ~60$ NOS on Ebay. But you need the proper tools and some experience. I ALWAYS use a professional hot air rework station on MPU boards.
Too bad you`re on "the other side" otherwise it was very easy for me to help you - free of charges of course...

#4726 7 years ago
Quoted from cosmicjim:

I need to replace my mpu board. There's a $205 board on eBay. Is there a cheaper alternative?

Reselling your old board would offset the cost of a replacement a bit at least.
Can you posy a picture of the old board?

#4727 7 years ago

Heres what I did with my beat up skull, decided rather than get a new shiny one I got out the propane torch and sandpaper and went with a " battle damaged" look.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#4728 7 years ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

Heres what I did with my beat up skull, decided rather than get a new shiny one I got out the propane torch and sandpaper and went with a " battle damaged" look.

Very nice!
Did you use Penske or airbrush?

#4729 7 years ago

Neither one tezting, i used a cigarette lighter, small propane torch, file/ sandpaper and white acrylic paint on the teeth. It was a pretty low budget " mod ".

#4730 7 years ago

Hey guys, so regarding my video above. Can you guys compare your super jackpot shot to mine? I feel like its SUPER easy to get. I wait for the cannon to go to the bottom, and i wait for the target to cycle to the bottom. I then catch them at that exact moment for the super. I guess its good that its consistent mechanically, but shot wise, seems too easy?

#4731 7 years ago

Hey guys, so regarding my video above. Can you guys compare your super jackpot shot to mine? I feel like its SUPER easy to get. I wait for the cannon to go to the bottom, and i wait for the target to cycle to the bottom. I then catch them at that exact moment for the super. I guess its good that its consistent mechanically, but shot wise, seems too easy?

Mine is higher up on the targets simply because my cannon swivels slightly faster. With that said, other than it being a target or two above yours, the timing is always consistent. If you have the timing, the shot is rather easy. The difficultly is getting to the shot, not the shot, per se.

I've had my T2 for several months and really enjoy it. if you are going for score, no doubt the pin is a super jackpot chase. I try to mix things up and chase high scores by shooting ramps for CPUs.

#4732 7 years ago
Quoted from interpleader:

Mine is higher up on the targets simply because my cannon swivels slightly faster. With that said, other than it being a target or two above yours, the timing is always consistent. If you have the timing, the shot is rather easy. The difficultly is getting to the shot, not the shot, per se.
I've had my T2 for several months and really enjoy it. if you are going for score, no doubt the pin is a super jackpot chase. I try to mix things up and chase high scores by shooting ramps for CPUs.

Cool, thanks for the comparisson.

I am going for score usually. Really wanna hit 500 mil again like i did before i reset the high scores. Triple supers are key.

#4733 7 years ago

Start button area - a difficult task...even if trimming was done carefully, the results were poor. Not to mention that decals will be damaged in time -peeled off- if there is no protection.
So, i decided to add this. It`s made of Copper and Chromed.

_MG_3270 (resized).JPG_MG_3270 (resized).JPG
_MG_3272.JPG_MG_3272.JPG

#4734 7 years ago
Quoted from loscanones:

Start button area - a difficult task...even if trimming was done carefully, the results were poor. Not to mention that decals will be damaged in time -peeled off- if there is no protection.

Very nice, I like it!

#4735 7 years ago
Quoted from loscanones:

Second that - I love it. Where do you buy it?

#4736 7 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Where do you buy it?

I did not bought it. I made it with my mini-lathe machine.

#4737 7 years ago
Quoted from loscanones:

I did not bought it. I made it with my mini-lathe machine.

Open a shop and start selling them?

#4738 7 years ago
Quoted from tezting:

Open a shop and start selling them?

Should be a motivation for that. 100$ or 10.000$ is not something that can motivate me doing such a thing.
But you can use my idea - for free.

Too bad i`ve thrown the prototype in the garbage, i would give it to you for free.

1 week later
#4739 7 years ago

Motor assembly dismantled again...since it`s some AL alloy it get oxide layer pretty fast, so i gave it a chemical bath and then a layer of electrostatic clear coating as a permanent solution.
I noticed some strange noise -like a grinder- during tests ..and current was up to 1.4A without load - should be ~ 0.9A. For some reason, motor had an improper vertical alignment - probably gear assembly worn-out at the edges... This create a great hazard for intermediary gear - which is non-metal. I used a miniature shim in order to get perfect alignment...current went down to 0.9A and operation is very quiet now. Fine mechanism oil was used to fill up the felt greaser of the shaft.

PF cable management is 99% done, some screws missing here and there, no big deal.
Many cables have been re-routed in order to minimize the area covered by harness.

_MG_3379 (resized).JPG_MG_3379 (resized).JPG

_MG_3388 (resized).JPG_MG_3388 (resized).JPG

_MG_3409 (resized).JPG_MG_3409 (resized).JPG

_MG_3412 (resized).JPG_MG_3412 (resized).JPG

_MG_3413 (resized).JPG_MG_3413 (resized).JPG

_MG_3420 (resized).JPG_MG_3420 (resized).JPG

#4740 7 years ago

I believe I will need to give the same treatment to my motor. It is very slow which hinders playability, it definitely does not keep up with the DMD as it should.

#4741 7 years ago
Quoted from Bugsy:

keep up with the DMD as it should.

Pretty sure the DMD animation has no correlation to the gun. Never was supposed to, its just an effect.

#4742 7 years ago

Also, lets talk about price on T2 right now. WOW, is it inflated. What is the deal?? I have seen more $3000-$4000+ T2s than I have ever seen before. Usually its craiglist with the dumb prices, now its pinside.

#4743 7 years ago

Also, lets talk about price on T2 right now. WOW, is it inflated. What is the deal?? I have seen more $3000-$4000+ T2s than I have ever seen before. Usually its craiglist with the dumb prices, now its pinside.

Some are higher end restores, with lots of chromed parts, mods, LEDS, undercab kits, toppers, etc.

This game is very mod-able and some folks like to go all-out on it.

For a mostly vanilla T2 that's clean and shopped, they seem to hover around the $2200-$2600 range.

#4744 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Some are higher end restores, with lots of chromed parts, mods, LEDS, undercab kits, toppers, etc.

This is the mid-range one I saw today. The other was like $4200 or something rediculous and it didnt look restored either.

#4745 7 years ago

This is the mid-range one I saw today. The other was like $4200 or something rediculous and it didnt look restored either.

Yeah, that one seems to be a little high.

#4746 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Yeah, that one seems to be a little high.

Dont get me wrong, if I could make 100% profit on my machine, I probably would. I just dont want to part with it, lol.

#4747 7 years ago

Dont get me wrong, if I could make 100% profit on my machine, I probably would. I just dont want to part with it, lol.

It's not going to move at that price. There's plenty of better, fuller games in the $3k+ range.

In any case, it looks like that game has been available since at least July, and it was listed for $400 less:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/37248

#4748 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

It's not going to move at that price. There's plenty of better, fuller games in the $3k+ range.
In any case, it looks like that game has been available since at least July, and it was listed for $400 less:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/37248

#4749 7 years ago

You can sell a toothpick with 100$ as long as somebody`s willing to buy it.
Otherwise it`s just an dream.

Speaking about prices...what`s the difference between T2 and top rated pinball machines sold with 15K? More solenoids? Expensive boards? Different type of wood or different cabinet? Nope. Just ego + trends and market manipulation, in soft words - Marketing.
This remember me a story...it happened maybe 25 years ago - a guy was selling land on the Moon...everybody had a good laugh but -surprise or not- he had plenty paying customers. Q.E.D.

#4750 7 years ago
Quoted from loscanones:

a guy was selling land on the Moon

Link please.....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.95
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 21.95
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods

$ 39.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9.95
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 12.99
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

There are 10,956 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 220.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/terminator-2-clubmembers-only/page/95 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.