Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

53663311748_14568d061c_c (resized).jpg
53662225557_f2e8f3ac6e_k (resized).jpg
Williams_1991_Terminator_2_Judgment_Day_Manual_-_Update.pdf (PDF preview)
A2_Feature_Adjustments_(Update).pdf (PDF preview)
Terminator2_L8_4.pdf (PDF preview)
53639132189_e8b428873f_k (resized).jpg
53639132179_2f5a4b2c09_k (resized).jpg
IMG_5447 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5475 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5462 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240401_002830006 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240401_002816443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_192714330 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_192724360 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_192719354 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
There are 10,949 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 219.
#4151 8 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

On the PF? For touch ups, I would just match what's there. Trying to repainted all that color on the PF will be a huge job!

I know and I have started. Will have to repaint like 80%.

#4152 8 years ago

More to follow...

IMG_7008_(resized).JPGIMG_7008_(resized).JPG

#4153 8 years ago

Yea, ummm, I, uhhh... hmmm.........

#4154 8 years ago

Can anyone out there get me these backglass measurements?

Quoted from jjoravec:

Anyone got the exact measurements for the Terminator 2 back glass and thickness. I picked up a machine that did not have it and need to buy one or get one made.
Thanks

#4155 8 years ago
Quoted from jjoravec:

Can anyone out there get me these backglass measurements?

Sorry dude, I assume, like me, everyone who saw this post assumed you'd figure this one out on your own with a simple tape measure... 27" x 18-7/8" x 1/8"

#4156 8 years ago

I always like to make sure Thanks,

Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Sorry dude, I assume, like me, everyone who saw this post assumed you'd figure this one out on your own with a simple tape measure... 27" x 18-7/8" x 1/8"

#4157 8 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

More to follow...

IMG_7008_(resized).JPG

Dizammmmmmmmmn

1 week later
#4158 8 years ago

Still somewhat of a noob when it comes to Pinside, but LOVING this community. I picked up my first pin last summer and LOVE it. I remember playing the hell out of this game growing up and love having it in my Basement Arcade. My 3.5 yr old son loves it now too. So cool to share this with him.

t22_(resized).jpgt22_(resized).jpg

t23_(resized).jpgt23_(resized).jpg

t21_(resized).jpgt21_(resized).jpg

#4159 8 years ago

Welcome! Time to LED that bish out and spend almost half what you paid for it on mods! LOL.

#4160 8 years ago

Yep time to mod something! Get some inspiration on these pages - led placement, hunterships lights, new skull, led backboard, additional lights under scoops, red eye mods on terminator. enough to do and keep this machine interested for a long time.

#4161 8 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Yep time to mod something! Get some inspiration on these pages - led placement, hunterships lights, new skull, led backboard, additional lights under scoops, red eye mods on terminator. enough to do and keep this machine interested for a long time.

There's always my LED Leg Light-Up, they will add a very nice glow to the front of the cab and make the game stand out in the line.

#4162 8 years ago

Hi guys!

Just joined the club yesterday where i received my (pretty beat up) T2 I just did an initial beginners repair job on it fixing a lot of connector solder joints resulting in all of the lights working again, and fixing a switch row that didnt work. So for now it is perfectly playable.

But i have a question: The manual mentions that you can set it up for a 5 ball install. But what does that do exactly? It currently have 3 balls installed, but why would you want to install 5? Does the multiball mode use 5 balls if they are present?

#4163 8 years ago

5 balls per game. The game only has 3 balls in it, so only a 3 ball multiball is possible.

#4164 8 years ago

English= 5 turns per game/player..... .............Joey

#4165 8 years ago

Sry for being a smart butt Chitown... .............Joey

#4166 8 years ago
Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

Sry for being a smart butt Chitown... .............Joey

LOL, I dunno how my answer could be confusing, but OOOOOOOKKKK pal!

#4167 8 years ago

Damn, how could i be that stupid. Ofcourse it is just a preset that sets the game up for 5 balls / game, and not 5 balls installed in the machine itself.

But thank you so much for clarifying

Another 2 questions:

1: When the ball is shot out of the top right lock hole above the 3 lanes, is the ball supposed to be shot out and fall down the left outlane? Because mine doesnt and always ends up falling down one of the three lanes above the pop bumbers

2: When the ball is saved via the kickback feature in the left outlane, is it supposed to shoot out hard enough to go up the right lane, continue all the way round (loop), and come down the left lane again? Because mine does not, but usually just makes it up the right lane and then comes down one of the three lanes above the pop bumbers.

Sorry if my "names" for the lanes is not 100% correct, but i am rather new to this whole pinball business

#4168 8 years ago
Quoted from Phantasize:

Another 2 questions:
1: When the ball is shot out of the top right lock hole above the 3 lanes, is the ball supposed to be shot out and fall down the left outlane? Because mine doesnt and always ends up falling down one of the three lanes above the pop bumbers
2: When the ball is saved via the kickback feature in the left outlane, is it supposed to shoot out hard enough to go up the right lane, continue all the way round (loop), and come down the left lane again? Because mine does not, but usually just makes it up the right lane and then comes down one of the three lanes above the pop bumbers.

No on both, your game is doing what its supposed too.

#4169 8 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

No on both, your game is doing what its supposed too.

Cool, thank you very much!

#4170 8 years ago

If any of you have something for water slide decals on the playfield, please let me know It would be a great help on my restoration.

#4171 8 years ago

The black on the apron. Is that glossy black or satin black? I am restoring mine so your help would be great!

#4172 8 years ago
Quoted from tezting:

The black on the apron. Is that glossy black or satin black? I am restoring mine so your help would be great!

Mine is gloss black Tez.

#4173 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinterest:

Mine is gloss black Tez.

Thank you! If yours has damages and you want to restore it, please contact me

#4174 8 years ago

Gloss here too........Joey

#4175 8 years ago

It looks like my apron it is powder coated.

There is a guy here in town that does that - I may take mine to him and just have him re-powder coat it.

#4176 8 years ago

My T2 gun handle was pretty cruddy & had some rust on the hole inputs. The Harbor Freight sonic cleaner worked wonders.

I didn't see anything in the manual about using grease or lube. Do you guys use any in the gun? Thanks

20160402_151641_(resized).jpg20160402_151641_(resized).jpg

20160402_151646_(resized).jpg20160402_151646_(resized).jpg

#4177 8 years ago

I have another question about the Terminator 2 gun. I noticed a metal sleeve but can't remember where it went..... anybody know? Thanks

2016-04-02_19.09.07_(resized).jpg2016-04-02_19.09.07_(resized).jpg

#4178 8 years ago

I think it goes over the firing pin. Don't know how to explain this but my flanged out part of the firing pin is a similar diameter as the washer. So it may slip over the larger diameter part of the pin??

#4179 8 years ago

Ok.. I'll reassemble it & see how it works. Thanks embryon.

#4180 8 years ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

...I didn't see anything in the manual about using grease or lube. Do you guys use any in the gun? Thanks

Definitely no grease. Should move smoothly without lube. Grease will just collect grime and gunk it up.

Quoted from scampcamp:

I have another question about the Terminator 2 gun. I noticed a metal sleeve but can't remember where it went..... anybody know? Thanks

embryon has it right. Check page 2-26 in the manual, it shows the bushing position.
The gun cleaned up nice!

#4181 8 years ago

I just had my gun re-chromed, therefore have literally just put it back together and yes, I did put some lube inside the trigger & to confirm, the metal sleeve goes inside the spring over the firing pin.

FullSizeRender_(1)_(resized).jpgFullSizeRender_(1)_(resized).jpg

#4182 8 years ago

That looks really good allsportdvd. Yea.. maybe I will put a little oil on the inside moving parts. They are sealed up pretty good so shouldn't see much dust/dirt.

#4183 8 years ago

A "wet" petroleum-based and flammable lubricant (oil, grease. etc) was never intended for this assembly for obvious reasons, and it will become a problem later, one way or a possibly devastating other. But if you insist that you must have lubricant, use a dry graphite or teflon NON-flammable spray lubricant.

#4184 8 years ago

Pretty sure the only lube in this machine should be on the cannon motor.........?!................Joey

#4185 8 years ago

I used high end bicycle grease which is part teflon, lithium based

#4186 8 years ago

Thanks for the grease info guys.

Does the assembly look correct?

20160403_195953_(resized).jpg20160403_195953_(resized).jpg

#4187 8 years ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

Thanks for the grease info guys.
Does the assembly look correct?

Mirror the trigger... flip it over. And the spring goes inside the assembly, not outside.

#4188 8 years ago

What he said

#4189 8 years ago

Ok but when I flip the trigger over it doesn't want to fit in there so it can push the pin out. Hmmm

#4190 8 years ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

Ok but when I flip the trigger over it doesn't want to fit in there so it can push the pin out. Hmmm

Ugh, i'm trying to go from memory here, I bought my T2 new in '91 and havn't needed to remove the grip since I installed it out of the box. But I will remove it and open it up to take a pic for you, but I can't do that until later tonight... Best I can do.

#4191 8 years ago

Thank you theOnlyest! I really appreciate it. Do you visit Pinball Hall of Fame there in Vegas very often?

#4192 8 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

I bought my T2 new in '91 and havn't needed to remove the grip since I installed it out of the box.

The current T2 you have now is from NIB? :-O
Wish it was me!

#4193 8 years ago

Just curious....How much did a T2 cost in 1991?

#4194 8 years ago
Quoted from tezting:

The current T2 you have now is from NIB? :-O
Wish it was me!

Yup, HUO. I personally unboxed and assembled it (and 100's of others) because I worked at a Williams distributor in Michigan at the time. We sold it to an operator (friend of mine too) in 1992, who took it to his house for his personal collection, then I bought it from him 2 years later. I've had it since 1994. When these machines came new, the gun handle was not attached, I had to attach it to every single one. There was also a "recall" of sorts on the handle, and I had to open all the early ones we got and replace the offending parts. Mine came as new with the improved handle because it was one of the last ones built.

#4195 8 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Yup, HUO. I personally unboxed and assembled it (and 100's of others) because I worked at a Williams distributor in Michigan at the time. We sold it to an operator (friend of mine too) in 1992, who took it to his house for his personal collection, then I bought it from him 2 years later. I've had it since 1994. When these machines came new, the gun handle was not attached, I had to attach it to every single one. There was also a "recall" of sorts on the handle, and I had to open all the early ones we got and replace the offending parts. Mine came as new with the improved handle because it was one of the last ones built.

That is awesome! Do you remember what the problem was?
Just curious where there a special reason why you got it back in 94 and could keep it for so long? (I have noticed must people change there collection often)

#4196 8 years ago
Quoted from tezting:

Just curious where there a special reason why you got it back in 94 and could keep it for so long? (I have noticed must people change there collection often)

I still have a document from Williams back then that I can scan and post. I have kept it this long because its the best pin Williams (Steve Ritchie) ever created in my personal opinion... I never get tired of playing it! "The Getaway" is a dangerously close second, and I have that too. My Getaway unfortunately is not HUO, but its in great shape and I will never give it up either!!

#4197 8 years ago

Back from getting cleared. Can wait to get it back together.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#4198 8 years ago
Quoted from tezting:

Service bulletin #32
http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/2524/Williams_1991_Terminator_2_Judgment_Day_Service_Bulletin_32.pdf

#4199 8 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

I still have a document from Williams back then that I can scan and post. I have kept it this long because its the best pin Williams (Steve Ritchie) ever created in my personal opinion... I never get tired of playing it! "The Getaway" is a dangerously close second, and I have that too. My Getaway unfortunately is not HUO, but its in great shape and I will never give it up either!!

Thank you for sharing

#4200 8 years ago
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 27.95
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 21.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 39.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.50
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 10,949 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 219.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/terminator-2-clubmembers-only/page/84 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.