• Topic is favorited by 274 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

53663951190_696642b1ae_c (resized).jpg
53663311748_14568d061c_c (resized).jpg
53662225557_f2e8f3ac6e_k (resized).jpg
Williams_1991_Terminator_2_Judgment_Day_Manual_-_Update.pdf (PDF preview)
A2_Feature_Adjustments_(Update).pdf (PDF preview)
Terminator2_L8_4.pdf (PDF preview)
53639132189_e8b428873f_k (resized).jpg
53639132179_2f5a4b2c09_k (resized).jpg
IMG_5447 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5475 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5462 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240401_002830006 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240401_002816443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_192714330 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_192724360 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_192719354 (resized).jpg
There are 10,956 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 220.
#3601 8 years ago

Hey tilted81,

Would you be prepared to provide a mod service for these skulls if people sent them to you?

Cheers, Kris

#3602 8 years ago

image_2.jpgimage_2.jpgimage_1.jpgimage_1.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgOk, I used a 3/16 bit to drill out the eyes. Then you make the cuts needed to the back of the head and get your figment down. The chin protector needs a 9/64th hole drilled dead center at 9/32 of an inch measuring from the front in. The 6v led's were previously linked that I used. I then mounted the skull to the chin protector with a 6-32 1 inch screw with nylon backed nut.the nut will be inside the skull to ensure you have enough ball clearance. I wired the led's in series and used the ends off of the old connector on your original terminator skull. I plan to use the old skull as a topper in the future.. Things to note: I have gotten some ghost in in the insert chain tied into this mod. The eyes do pulse a bit and it may not be for some. I've tried a few different things but not have found a way to fix this yet. Ghost buster led's in the affected inserts do fix the problem on the playfield but not the skull.. I can't get a video to upload of this unfortunately at least not from my phone. I have pictures posted previously and can post more for further guidance.

#3603 8 years ago

I pushed the led's through the back of the skull and secured them with clear silicone. I'd let it sit for a day to let it cure before messing with it.

#3604 8 years ago

Hi T2 friends.
Have some of you installed better speakers in your T2?
I did it in my Transformers and I think it was worth it. But I have never installed it in an "older" machine and am in doubt if it is worth it?

#3606 8 years ago

Hey kap, seeing your led's ya added to the backbox makes me wanna add 3mm led's to all the eyes on the cabinet sides

#3607 8 years ago

Got my skull installed! I might have to make a small adjustment to the cut in back though since it seems to be a little off center.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#3608 8 years ago

You get any ghosting like the previous guy?

#3609 8 years ago
Quoted from tezting:

Hi T2 friends.
Have some of you installed better speakers in your T2?
I did it in my Transformers and I think it was worth it. But I have never installed it in an "older" machine and am in doubt if it is worth it?

I installed the Pinball Pro speaker kit in my T2. It wasn't as much of an upgrade as I had hoped. Upgrading my STTNG and GNR were much more worth it.

#3610 8 years ago

Ghosting with the eyes?

#3611 8 years ago
Quoted from AndHart120:

Ghosting with the eyes?

He said when he illuminated the eyes in the skull that it caused ghosting in some of his inserts.

Maybe you used the lights that were already in the stock skull?

#3612 8 years ago

I used the LED replacements with the chrome around the outside of the light. I believe PBL sells these now.

I have had some ghosting on other LEDs but that was before I did anything with the lights in the eyes.

#3613 8 years ago

OK, so you just dremeled the hell out of the eye holes and you used the PBL bright eyes. Do you have a pic of the skull with the lights off? I was hoping this was an option but thought maybe that theyd be out of proportion.

#3614 8 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg free topper

#3615 8 years ago

Yeah basically I cut out the entire round part of the eye leaving the two small notches on the sides of the eyes there with an x-acto knife. I pushed the bulbs through the hole from the outside of the skull up until the chrome rim was even and then connected the original light sockets from behind. I'll take a picture with the lights off when I get home in a few hours.

#3616 8 years ago

Yea, I thought they would be too big too... Heck I didn't even bother to try em I'm also interested it close ups w/ and w/ out lights on

#3617 8 years ago

I thought they would be too big as well and took the chance to see what it would look like. Seemed like the actually red portion of the bulb was almost the same as the red eye on the skull so I took a chance. It looks a little big but still way better than the old skull for sure. I figured I could always buy another skull if I didn't like it seeing as though they can be had for less than $10 alone.

#3618 8 years ago

Sweet...this would definitely be better for me.

#3619 8 years ago

Ok here you go.....

image.jpgimage.jpg

image_1.jpgimage_1.jpg

image_2.jpgimage_2.jpg

#3620 8 years ago

That looks freakin great man. Thanks for the pic. This is now my plan with a modified tilted method.

#3621 8 years ago

I agree, they might be ever so slightly oversized.. But in the end it will take less effort, you won't run into the issues, and it still looks pretty damn awesome! Good job!

#3622 8 years ago

Thanks! Just an FYI as well, I bought the LED eyes on here not on PBL. I figured they are the same ones so you could do the same thing. I did not glue anything into place either, they just seem so tight in the holes I cut that they would not move. I also stuffed some foam in the back of the skull left from the original.

#3623 8 years ago

Just came in here to say; WOW...What a game this is. I had taken a break from playing over the past month and just dove in today, played about 20 games...Freakin' awesome pinball; it's the essence of what a great pin should be; fun, tense gameplay...When you get a rhythm going in this game, it's amazing.

A work of art; I'm glad to be in the club and can honestly say that I don't think I'll ever sell mine.

#3624 8 years ago

While I still do not own one, I agree entirely with the sentiment above. For years they had one at my college I would play between classes in their mini arcade and I got fairly good at it on the few quarters I'd pocket with me to play it. The balance, the ramps, the flow, it just works and it's fun. It's never easy, but it's never too hard nor is it an infuriating drain monster (sides or center.) Even if it didn't have Terminators on it and it was just some other license or random, the core table is just fantastic.

Despite my annoyance with it, I've more or less fixed Pinbot, and even yet I'd still swap that sucker out for one of these anytime and it would stay for good. Good on all of you for holding onto them once acquiring them.

#3625 8 years ago

That's all I needed to hear....fire'n her up right now...... ..............Joey

#3626 8 years ago

Got a friend house sitting for me. He was worried he broke t2 lol. Need to get those reinforced targets in asap.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#3627 8 years ago

Dude.....same target on mine broke...............Joey

#3628 8 years ago

I bought my first pin, T2, but can't figure out if it plays correct as the ball drains many times between the pop bumper and right ramp down the center. Some games I will have three balls in a row. May I have opinions on whether this is typical

#3629 8 years ago

I have not experienced any drain problem on my T2.

#3630 8 years ago

Best answer I can give at the moment is check it is level left/right and at the proper incline up/down. This should be a good starting point towards solving your problem

#3631 8 years ago
Quoted from kjgolf:

I bought my first pin, T2, but can't figure out if it plays correct as the ball drains many times between the pop bumper and right ramp down the center. Some games I will have three balls in a row. May I have opinions on whether this is typical

Get the PinGuy level app and try to level the machine with the device on he playfield, not just the glass. I believe stdm is normal for the drop target, not from the pops or right ramp.

#3632 8 years ago

A failed shot up the right ramp can easily go sdtm on my game depending on how far up the ramp it goes before it comes back down.

#3633 8 years ago

what should the correct degree slope be? mine is level left to right but has 6.5 degree slope

#3634 8 years ago
Quoted from kjgolf:

what should the correct degree slope be? mine is level left to right but has 6.5 degree slope

It's personal preference. If you're happy with how it plays then leave it. Otherwise increase slope to speed up the game or vice versa.

#3635 8 years ago

SDTM< extend flippers give slight shake

#3636 8 years ago

On my T2 I get extra ball from the database first time in every single game... even though I've got it set OFF in the settings. Anyone ever had that? I don't really care about turning it off completely.. 5% or something would be fine, but it's happening every. single. time.

@kjgolf that happens in a lot of games. making it less steep might help. I've learned to just give it a nudge right as it exits

#3637 8 years ago
Quoted from kjgolf:

Definitely don't have this problem on mine...Is your center post in between the flippers?

#3638 8 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg
Yes on the center post

#3639 8 years ago

The ball travels this way hitting skill shot image.jpgimage.jpgand drops down the middle between post and flipper.

#3640 8 years ago

Are you nudging at all....???...........Joey

#3641 8 years ago

That's the weirdest thing I've seen. Is this the ball travel from the shooter lane not the canon?

My shooter lane shot doesn't go any where near the bumpers

#3642 8 years ago
Quoted from kjgolf:

Not normal at all, especially the consistency you are seeing it. Since you have confirmed the machine is level left to right (you did measure this on the playfield, NOT the glass, right?), it must be due to the specific setup of your machine. My machine will hit the center target on the bank of 5 then hit somewhere on the bank of 3 targets.

1) You can try and adjust the front-to-back pitch a little lower. This will effect other aspects of game play so if you like the way it plays when the ball does not go SDTM, you may not want to try this option.
2) Check the rubbers where the ball feeds through before it goes SDTM. On mine, the clearance is tight and the ball slows down as it squeezes through that spot between the targets the the rubbers next to the right ramp. Is the ball slowing down there on your machine?
3) Try adjusting the mechanics of the shooter mechanism to lower its power slightly. Not sure what this adjustment would be, you will have to just have a look at it. Slightly less launch power should make the ball hit the 3 bank instead of shooting over it.
4) You can change the trajectory of the ball out of the shooter lane to possibly stop it from going into the pops. You do this by adjusting the curved metal ball guide that is on the outside end of the shooter lane. You remove the plastics above and remove the screws holding it to the playfield. Sometimes just pushing the lane guide one way or the other as you tighten the screws back down will be enough to change the trajectory of the ball. Other times you will need to remove the lane guide and bend it to make a change. Of course, changing the launch trajectory will avoid drains on launch but may still result in drains as the ball exits the pops during other parts of the game...
5) Purposely change the left to right pitch. Basically tip the machine slightly left or right to make the ball roll onto a flipper. This would be my last resort as it isn't the correct way to setup a machine.

#3643 8 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

That's the weirdest thing I've seen. Is this the ball travel from the shooter lane not the canon?
My shooter lane shot doesn't go any where near the bumpers

Hits the moving targets then shoots into the Pops; mine does that too; Joey is right, you have to nudge it coming out of the pops a bit, or if it's a dead straight drain, play it off the center post...Work on them skills man, don't blame the pin!

#3644 8 years ago

Raise your back end up too, your pitch isn't high enough.

#3645 8 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Hits the moving targets then shoots into the Pops; mine does that too; Joey is right, you have to Nudge it coming out of the pops a bit, or if it's a dead straight drain, play it off the center post...Work on them skills man, don't blame the pin!

If this was the behavior on every launch, it'd be pretty hard not to blame the pin. If a game is sending the ball stdm without a nudge following every autoplunger launch, without a chance for the player to flip... Doesn't that sound wrong to you ?

I'll add that he should check the foam backing on the target.

#3646 8 years ago

This is for Joey "Breaking Dad"...Pinside's #1 T2 Fan.....

I'll Be BACK!

arnie.jpgarnie.jpg

#3648 8 years ago

The only thing I can think of for kjgolf....is move the center stand up target so it changes the balls path ever so slightly....if it's going in the pops every launch...that's just crazy...or probability is/is not on your side...............Joey

#3649 8 years ago
Quoted from Mocean:

If this was the behavior on every launch, it'd be pretty hard not to blame the pin. If a game is sending the ball stdm without a nudge following every autoplunger launch, without a chance for the player to flip... Doesn't that sound wrong to you ?

No it doesn't sound wrong to me.....the auto plunger is not sending the ball sdtm....exiting the pops is....and you can get to the pops many ways......I think I speak for must of us in the club when I say I ALWAYS give a lil nudge when the ball exits the pops.......???!!!...............Joey

#3650 8 years ago
Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

No it doesn't sound wrong to me.....the auto plunger is not sending the ball sdtm....exiting the pops is....and you can get to the pops many ways......I think I speak for must of us in the club when I say I ALWAYS give a lil nudge when the ball exits the pops.......???!!!...............Joey

But if you pull the plunger 100 times and in 95 of those times the ball is ultimately sent STDM with zero chance for you to flip at it? That's still lame.

Moreover, I'll bet your game doesn't behave this way and I know mine doesn't.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.99
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 27.95
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 9.95
$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 21.95
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 10,956 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 220.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/terminator-2-clubmembers-only/page/73 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.