• Latest reply 3 hours ago by Averell
  • Topic is favorited by 274 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

53663311748_14568d061c_c (resized).jpg
53662225557_f2e8f3ac6e_k (resized).jpg
Williams_1991_Terminator_2_Judgment_Day_Manual_-_Update.pdf (PDF preview)
A2_Feature_Adjustments_(Update).pdf (PDF preview)
Terminator2_L8_4.pdf (PDF preview)
53639132189_e8b428873f_k (resized).jpg
53639132179_2f5a4b2c09_k (resized).jpg
IMG_5447 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5475 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5462 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240401_002830006 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240401_002816443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_192714330 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_192724360 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_192719354 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
There are 10,950 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 219.
#3301 8 years ago

As Arnie would say, no problemo.

I don't know if I ever posted this before, and I ain't reviewing 66 pages of T2 posts to check, but here is my T2

The vid was prior sparkly things, prior to the Super Band flipper rubber, prior to the red filter I put on the DMD, and prior to all new targets I replaced about a month ago. I'll post a new one to youtube same day.

#3302 8 years ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

Have any of you T2 owners put in clear pop bumper covers with red led's under them? I saw a youtube TNT video where they had them in a T2 & thought it looked great.

No....but I've replaced my pops with bacon...!!!....."The Baconator"...........
image.jpgimage.jpg

#3304 8 years ago

LOL

#3305 8 years ago
Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

No....but I've replaced my pops with bacon...!!!....."The Baconator"...........

and I thought I think abouth strange shit. I'm just impressed at the amount of bacon you have there, looks like 40$ worth. bravo

#3306 8 years ago

So what are some good options for lighting under the right ramp/behind the 3 targets in the center and the lanes? Im in the middle of shopping and put some white frosted single led's around those areas and im thinking its WAY too bright. What's your preference? I usually stick with incandescent in the GI for the classic look but am thinking about bring this game into the future with 100% leds.

20150603_221451.jpg20150603_221451.jpg 20150603_221445.jpg20150603_221445.jpg 20150603_221440.jpg20150603_221440.jpg
#3307 8 years ago

I want to led so bad....but ima scared....some people use blue...might tone down the brightness...but this is all trial and error.....good luck.........Joey

#3308 8 years ago

Definitely trial and error, and again, I think it's a personal preference but wouldn't mind hearing what others have done in this area. It's growing on me now, the brightness adds a level of intensity and really wakes you up! I'll probably finish the game with the white/blue combo and remove all the incandescent, besides some back box. I like the least amount of stress on the J115 as well, just replaced it due to it being completely fried.

#3309 8 years ago

I did the blue LEDs and love it! Here's a link to my blog about it.
http://www.duaneconnell.com/blog/?p=920

#3310 8 years ago

I kept mine relatively simple with mostly frost bright white. I find its a dark machine, and whites are necessary in the flipper area and ball guides.

#3311 8 years ago

I like to use the cheap Ablaze frosted flat top (warm white) LED's from Pinball Lifefor the under ramps and any other area where the lights are partially exposed or under clear plastic. These cheaper lights are dimmer and much less distracting. Don't use them for your cpu controlled lights though, due to ghosting.

#3312 8 years ago

That blue looks killer! I was worried it might be too dark which is why I started mixing in the white, but yours seems plenty bright. I'll have to try the ablaze frosted, I only have the clears at the moment. Perhaps my 3rd trip to PBL will happen within one week...

#3313 8 years ago

I used frosted red LED's

P1060602.JPGP1060602.JPG
#3314 8 years ago

I really like the look of purple/blue GI on Terminator. The purple is plenty bright enough and really fits the sci-fi theme.

#3315 8 years ago
Quoted from Gorno:

I really like the look of purple/blue GI on Terminator. The purple is plenty bright enough and really fits the sci-fi theme.

Can you share an image? Never seen purple on t2

#3316 8 years ago

I like the look. It's not as harsh in person.

2015-04-11 00.06.45.jpg2015-04-11 00.06.45.jpg
#3317 8 years ago

Very nice! I might have to sprinkle a little purple in there and remove some of those white. Did you put some blue in under the green inserts?

#3318 8 years ago
Quoted from simplykind:

Very nice! I might have to sprinkle a little purple in there and remove some of those white. Did you put some blue in under the green inserts?

I color matched all inserts. It's probably just the angle and some of the GI leaking over. It made a huge difference when I changed all the flashers to LED. I added quite a few LED strips: Underside of plastics on ramps, outhole and the shooter lane.

#3319 8 years ago

I added four 5050 LEDs to provide blue under-glow to the H/K ship protector from Pinbits. Ran a wire down the H/K mounting wire and connected it to GI under the PF. It lights the center of the PF nicely.

#3320 8 years ago

Schwaggs - Can you show some pictures? Thanks

#3321 8 years ago

Think I found a good combo. Thanks for the input!

20150604_211753.jpg20150604_211753.jpg
#3322 8 years ago

Guys dunno if this may interest, but I think it looks effective. The white target lights on the canon target bank, I alternated those with different colours. For example blue, red, blue, red, blue. So when you shoot the cannon at the start of the ball it looks great. You can choose any combination, even a different colour for each insert?? Thought I'd share.

#3323 8 years ago

So the screw behind the kicker/lock hole under the skull... is it supposed to be covered with something? I am unable to get a ball lock half the time due to it bouncing back out.

Edit: Upon further research it looks like there should be a 1 way gate under the skull. Mine has one but the ball keeps coming out, i'll have to see what's up.

#3324 8 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Guys dunno if this may interest, but I think it looks effective. The white target lights on the canon target bank, I alternated those with different colours. For example blue, red, blue, red, blue. So when you shoot the cannon at the start of the ball it looks great. You can choose any combination, even a different colour for each insert?? Thought I'd share.

Lets see some pics or video.

I have mine all blue. There is only one blue insert on this machine, I really like them in blue.

#3325 8 years ago

Does anyone know which torx size bit the T2 gun takes? Thanks

#3326 8 years ago

I believe mine has security Torx bits. Not sure of the size... Maybe one if these: http://www.amazon.com/Torx-Driver-Security-T-10-T-40/dp/B0002SPLQ8

Hopefully someone can chime in and confirm the actual size for you...

#3327 8 years ago

You need a security T25 bit. The Amazon link posted above is is good. If you have a Menard's nearby they also carry a security Torx bit set.

#3328 8 years ago
Quoted from Gorno:

I like the look. It's not as harsh in person.

What LED strip did you use for the shooter lane. I am trying to find some ultra-thin LED strips to use.

#3329 8 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

What LED strip did you use for the shooter lane. I am trying to find some ultra-thin LED strips to use.

It was Andy's kit from Ebay. I used Comet's strips under the plastics on my ramps.

ebay.com link: TERMINATOR 2 T2 Pinball shooter lane light mod BLUE

#3330 8 years ago
Quoted from Gorno:

It was Andy's kit from Ebay. I used Comet's strips under the plastics on my ramps.
ebay.com link » Terminator 2 T2 Pinball Shooter Lane Light Mod Blue

Apparently an LED strip is available that has many LED's close to each other however it is VERY thin. I will try finding it today.

#3331 8 years ago

Where would I install the led strips in the shooter lane so you wouldn't actually see the strip... just the light coming from it?

#3332 8 years ago

You would install it on the left side of the shooter lane

#3333 8 years ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

Where would I install the led strips in the shooter lane so you wouldn't actually see the strip... just the light coming from it?

For me, I have the chrome shooter lane cover. You may like that mod with the LED's. I plan on using comet LED strips. I asked about the LED's that are SUPER thin for a different pin. But did not want to ask a question for a different pin in the T2 club

#3334 8 years ago

*colorDMD hooked up to a sound controller. The speakers and the DMD change color when the sub hits a high level. Sound controller mounted next to the sub. Simple but fun. I had a big box sitting on the glass which was what my phone was sitting on. So I could not see to play anything. So, not much animation in the clip.

#3335 8 years ago

Awesome...!!!...............Joey

#3336 8 years ago

Help. I have ordered the wrong item twice now and I need your help. What connects to the cabinet flipper switch where the diode goes on a regular switch? I assumed it was a diode so I went to install that, but when I looked at the other flipper switch it looked different so I ordered c.1m500vr capacitor after looking around online. I just got them today and they don't look right either. I can't find the cabinet flipper switches in my manual so I have no idea what goes there. Can one of you help me get my T2 working correctly again?

#3337 8 years ago

t2 art good.jpg.jpgt2 art good.jpg.jpg

#3338 8 years ago

Here is a photo of my coloured leds on the canon targets. They look cool live but my camera and skills are terrible. The effect is great when the target lights are running as opposed to this where I went into lights test modeWIN_20150621_165950.JPGWIN_20150621_165950.JPG

#3339 8 years ago

One of the monthly "box" subscriptions I have is Loot Crate. This month's had a Terminator theme.

It has a terminator skull in it that I think might be awesome as a replacement for the one on a T2 pin. I'm gonna check on our T2 at work to see what it looks like, but it could be neat. I grabbed some pics of it. It's a really firm flexible plastic, like a dog chew toy, so it would really take a beating, and you could bolt/screw to it. Might have to trim some of the back off.

t2box.jpgt2box.jpg

t2skull.jpgt2skull.jpg

t2skullside.jpgt2skullside.jpg

t2skullbottom.jpgt2skullbottom.jpg

#3340 8 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Might have to trim some of the back off.

You may have to cut the entire back off for it to fit over the light bracket. Assuming it is hallow. If you are lucky the eyes can be back lit. But I bet the rubber is too thick. Maybe cut the eyes out and put in T2 Eyes that can be lit. ? IF you work it out, I bet that will look great! Best of luck!

#3341 8 years ago

You may have to cut the entire back off for it to fit over the light bracket. Assuming it is hallow. If you are lucky the eyes can be back lit. But I bet the rubber is too thick. Maybe cut the eyes out and put in T2 Eyes that can be lit. ? IF you work it out, I bet that will look great! Best of luck!

I'm not going to destroy this one to put on the one at work. I'll take a couple pics of it sitting near the spot so we can get a sense for the size of it and what would have to be done to make it work.

The rubber is too thick for light to go through it for sure. It is hollow, you can squeeze it like a dog toy and air comes out of the hole on the bottom.

#3342 8 years ago
Quoted from Krankypants:

Help. I have ordered the wrong item twice now and I need your help. What connects to the cabinet flipper switch where the diode goes on a regular switch? I assumed it was a diode so I went to install that, but when I looked at the other flipper switch it looked different so I ordered c.1m500vr capacitor after looking around online. I just got them today and they don't look right either. I can't find the cabinet flipper switches in my manual so I have no idea what goes there. Can one of you help me get my T2 working correctly again?

Here's a couple of links that should help:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/right-flipper-sticks-up-on-t2#post-66621
http://www.actionpinball.com/parts.php?item=CAP0.1UF500VDISC

#3344 8 years ago

I'm finally in "The Club!"--My T2 is finally done..

As a sidenote, does anyone have any suggestions to make the translite "pop" better?? As in maybe Led's? Tx Greg

20150623_213753.jpg20150623_213753.jpg
#3345 8 years ago

Oopps, pic!20150623_213753.jpg20150623_213753.jpg

#3346 8 years ago

Very nice! is that EL wire on the wire forms?

#3347 8 years ago

Yes judge dread on eBay sells them.

ebay.com link: TERMINATOR 2 T2 Pinball Light Wire Mod

#3348 8 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Yes judge dread on eBay sells them.

it's not really a mod. Just buy EL wire from the people who make EL wire http://www.elwirepros.com/

#3349 8 years ago

it's not really a mod. Just buy EL wire from the people who make EL wire http://www.elwirepros.com/

But how do you wire it to your machine?

#3350 8 years ago

It is from Judge Dread on ebay.. You basically tape with clear tape to ramps and I hooked it up to 116 on MPU board.. It came with the plug for that...Just need the right slingshot plastic and it's good to go!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 26.50
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 9.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 21.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 27.95
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,950 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 219.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/terminator-2-clubmembers-only/page/67 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.