• Topic is favorited by 274 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

53663951190_696642b1ae_c (resized).jpg
53663311748_14568d061c_c (resized).jpg
53662225557_f2e8f3ac6e_k (resized).jpg
Williams_1991_Terminator_2_Judgment_Day_Manual_-_Update.pdf (PDF preview)
A2_Feature_Adjustments_(Update).pdf (PDF preview)
Terminator2_L8_4.pdf (PDF preview)
53639132189_e8b428873f_k (resized).jpg
53639132179_2f5a4b2c09_k (resized).jpg
IMG_5447 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5475 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5462 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240401_002830006 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240401_002816443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_192714330 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_192724360 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_192719354 (resized).jpg
There are 10,956 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 220.
#2851 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Can you return it as possibly defective? That can't be the way it's supposed to last....

Nope, i bought it quite a while ago, at the beginning of restoration ( maybe two years ).

Check out the marks from inserts. Those marks are BELOW the surface, due to contact with playfield.

_MG_5484.JPG_MG_5484.JPG
#2853 9 years ago

Just curious. Do you know if it is easy to polish smooth again?

#2854 9 years ago
Quoted from tezting:

Just curious. Do you know if it is easy to polish smooth again?

No way. I tried already.
The material they use is Makrolon, not Mylar.
Same material -different thickness - is used to create repro`s plastics for pinball.
That garbage is just a thin piece of plastic, nothing else.

Here is a picture with one of the pinball i use. No way to have scratches from this!

_MG_5521.JPG_MG_5521.JPG
#2855 9 years ago

Hmm I just ordered one for my F-14. I hope I don't have these type of results. Did you wax the protector? I know a lot of people do.

#2856 9 years ago
Quoted from Gorno:

Hmm I just ordered one for my F-14. I hope I don't have these type of results. Did you wax the protector? I know a lot of people do.

No wax - the scratches appear few minutes after i use it and , as i said, ON THE BACK of the "protector".
I have a slight impression that the pinball is faster without that crappy plastic.

#2857 9 years ago

I put one of these rubylith filters on my T2 DMD and think it looks great and under $5 shipped.
ebay.com link: Rubylith 1 Sheet 4 1 2 x 14 1 2 Pinball Machine Red DMD Filter

before
20150127_152149-1.jpg20150127_152149-1.jpg
after
20150127_151029-1.jpg20150127_151029-1.jpg

#2858 9 years ago
Quoted from loscanones:

Do not buy this!
I`m talking about playfield protector "very good quality".
It costs me about 130$ and today i removed it with a pair of scissors and throw it in the garbage.
The material was visibly degrading after few hours of playing - testing the machine.
As you can see in the pictures, the surface is badly scratched and the material is not transparent anymore.
Playfield looks now much better without it.
I do not recommend it - unless you feel happy to throw your money.

1001-Terminator-2.jpg 65 KB

_MG_5503.JPG 72 KB

_MG_5514.JPG 48 KB

_MG_5515.JPG 66 KB

_MG_5493.JPG 281 KB

I completely disagree with this. I have one for T2 plus a lot of my other games and it is super clear and nice looking still. It still looks like a nice clear coat job after a year of playing on it. So you must have received a bad one, put it on a dirty playfield, used scratched/dented balls on it or something else, because all of mine look perfect.

#2859 9 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

I completely disagree with this. I have one for T2 plus a lot of my other games and it is super clear and nice looking still. It still looks like a nice clear coat job after a year of playing on it. So you must have received a bad one, put it on a dirty playfield, used scratched/dented balls on it or something else, because all of mine look perfect.

The one that i received was never clear, the playfield was crystal clean and waxed since it was restored as a High End machine. It is obvious that you did not bother to follow the story of restoration.
If you make a small effort and read a little bit on the top and check the -big-picture with the pinball i used, you will realize that your comment is at least inappropriate, if not insulting ( i WILL NOT say stupid).
I did not post those pictures for you to come forward and tell me how great is yours. It`s not relevant at all for this discussion.It will be relevant if you mention when, from where you bought it, how much you paid.
It is just a warning for whoever will buy something like this, to be careful and especially WELL INFORMED.
I strongly believe that this is the purpose of this forum, to share experience and information. Negative experience is more than welcome to be shared, it can prevent other people for doing same mistakes.

P.S. I "like" your logic: mine is perfect, therefore yours cannot be different, it`s your fault!

#2860 9 years ago

I dont know if this is the right place but ill give it a try:
For whoever wants some 20+ used plastics, i will give them for 10 USD + postal charges.
Most of them have scratches or bended because of the heat. Originals.
ONLY for Europe. I do not send to Romania.

SOLD!

_MG_5528.JPG_MG_5528.JPG
_MG_5533.JPG_MG_5533.JPG

#2861 9 years ago

PM

#2863 9 years ago
Quoted from loscanones:

The one that i received was never clear, the playfield was crystal clean and waxed since it was restored as a High End machine. It is obvious that you did not bother to follow the story of restoration.
If you make a small effort and read a little bit on the top and check the -big-picture with the pinball i used, you will realize that your comment is at least inappropriate, if not insulting ( i WILL NOT say stupid).
I did not post those pictures for you to come forward and tell me how great is yours. It`s not relevant at all for this discussion.It will be relevant if you mention when, from where you bought it, how much you paid.
It is just a warning for whoever will buy something like this, to be careful and especially WELL INFORMED.
I strongly believe that this is the purpose of this forum, to share experience and information. Negative experience is more than welcome to be shared, it can prevent other people for doing same mistakes.
P.S. I "like" your logic: mine is perfect, therefore yours cannot be different, it`s your fault!

Hey now relax, no reason to get upset. I have many of these, not just one and they are holding up quite well. This is a public forum so if you come on here ranting about a product I think is a good, well made product, I then have the right to give the public my experience with the product as well. There is even an entire thread about this product and the reviews on it are pretty good. I think you might be one of the only people I've seen complain about it?

#2864 9 years ago

Hey guys has anyone ever used Comet LEDs in their T2? The used to offer a sample pack, but it is no longer available: http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/sample.htm

Does anyone have suggestions of specific bulbs to try on my T2. I would prefer to order from Comit, but I honestly have no idea what bulb would function best in inserts and GI.

#2865 9 years ago
Quoted from Gorno:

Hey guys has anyone ever used Comet LEDs in their T2? The used to offer a sample pack, but it is no longer available: http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/sample.htm
Does anyone have suggestions of specific bulbs to try on my T2. I would prefer to order from Comit, but I honestly have no idea what bulb would function best in inserts and GI.

I don't know if you're into kits but if you are this one is amazing! It really lights up a T2 with the flipper light strip, rear light strip and extra spots.

http://pinballbulbs.com/products/terminator-2-pinball-ultimate-led-lighting-kit

http://pinballbulbs.com/sites/default/files/Terminator2_0.jpg

#2866 9 years ago

Hey now relax, no reason to get upset. I have many of these, not just one and they are holding up quite well. This is a public forum so if you come on here ranting about a product I think is a good, well made product, I then have the right to give the public my experience with the product as well. There is even an entire thread about this product and the reviews on it are pretty good. I think you might be one of the only people I've seen complain about it?

Im relaxed, dont worry about that.
Your statement "I have many of these" does not bring any light in this matter.
When you bought them, what company-online site you used, how much it costs, are made of what material, Makrolon or Mylar?
Unless you bring this info to surface, we have only "hot air", a pointless exchange of words.
This is your second post in this discussion, still i cannot find any technical details-pictures, except "your opinion"

Yes, you have the right to defend whatever you want, even to disagree with my comment. But do not jump to conclusions based on assumptions.
A nice day to you.

#2867 9 years ago

I don't know if you're into kits but if you are this one is amazing! It really lights up a T2 with the flipper light strip, rear light strip and extra spots.
http://pinballbulbs.com/products/terminator-2-pinball-ultimate-led-lighting-kit
http://pinballbulbs.com/sites/default/files/Terminator2_0.jpg

I have only been using Comet for a while now. They are awesome and I have NEVER had a problem with bulbs. I did my T2.

I used the supreme 4 SMD non-ghosting in the inserts matched to the color of the insert. (I like them bright)
http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/4smd3528-ng.htm

and for the GI and the backglass I used the single LED frosted and domed.
http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/8mm-led.htm

They are so inexpensive, I usually buy the 25 pack if possible. Even if I only use 10-15.

A machine usually runs $100

IMG_20131207_193959_520.jpgIMG_20131207_193959_520.jpg

#2868 9 years ago
Quoted from BadBrad97:

I have only been using Comet for a while now. They are awesome and I have NEVER had a problem with bulbs. I did my T2.
I used the supreme 4 SMD non-ghosting in the inserts matched to the color of the insert. (I like them bright)
They are so inexpensive, I usually buy the 25 pack if possible. Even if I only use 10-15.

IMG_20131207_193959_520.jpg 217 KB

Are all your GI blue?

#2869 9 years ago

I still need ideas to get my eye lights to stay in. The left side bulb always pops out after about a game or two, even with hot glue dabbed inside the socket.

My skull does move a bit, its lose some how on the left side, so thats probably my main issue, but it doesnt bother me enough to tear that whole pain in the ass area apart again.

#2870 9 years ago
Quoted from BadBrad97:

Thanks for the reply. I want to buy a few bulbs to see what works the best, so this is a big help. I want to avoid the other package deals offered by other websites. The prices are ridiculous when you buy their kits.

Is it necessary to match the insert bulb colours? Or, will they look stupid without the coloured bulbs.

#2871 9 years ago

Chitown, I had the same problem with the PBL eye mod. I told them what was happening and they sent a new one. Since then they have yet to fall out.

#2872 9 years ago
Quoted from pepermintswirl:

Chitown, I had the same problem with the PBL eye mod. I told them what was happening and they sent a new one. Since then they have yet to fall out.

Mine fall out no matter what LED is in there...happened with the coin takers I had before the eye mod. Thanks though.

#2873 9 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Mine fall out no matter what LED is in there...happened with the coin takers I had before the eye mod. Thanks though.

In applications like this I use a small blob of earthquake putty aka museum putty, making sure the blob overlaps the bulb base and the socket.

That was the only thing that reliably held in the bulbs on the sides of the electric chair in TAF.

RM

#2874 9 years ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

In applications like this I use a small blob of earthquake putty aka museum putty, making sure the blob overlaps the bulb base and the socket.
That was the only thing that reliably held in the bulbs on the sides of the electric chair in TAF.
RM

wow, ok. thanks!

edit: this, ya?

http://www.amazon.com/Quakehold-88111-Museum-Putty-Neutral/dp/B0002VA9NA/ref=sr_1_1

#2875 9 years ago
Quoted from tezting:

Are all your GI blue?

For the most part. I think I have a few frosted cool whites up around the pop bumpers someplace where it seemed a little dark.

#2876 9 years ago
Quoted from Gorno:

I use all comet LEDs in my T2 and they work great. I color matched most of the inserts and used cool white for the the GI. You can save money by using standard LEDs if you just install the ghost patched ROM. This way you don't have to pay extra for the non-ghosting LEDs, and with the ROM patch you experience zero ghosting or flicker. They look great, and I highly recommend Comet due to their great quality and superior customer service.

#2877 9 years ago

I don't suppose you have a picture you can post, so I can compare with the blue leds.

#2878 9 years ago
Quoted from sanctumwear:

I put one of these rubylith filters on my T2 DMD and think it looks great and under $5 shipped.
ebay.com link » Rubylith 1 Sheet 4 1 2 X 14 1 2 Pinball Machine Red Dmd Filter
before

after

I ordered one of these tonight. Hoping for good results

#2879 9 years ago

wow, ok. thanks!
edit: this, ya?
amazon.com link »

That's it.

It's super-strength version of the stuff your grade school teacher stuck things to the wall with.

It's removable, and sticks well to smooth plastic, which silicone hot glue does not. Stays soft forever.

RM

#2880 9 years ago

Another lot of garbage, if somebody`s interested.
Apron 20$, Ramp with decal 20$, Coin Door Mod 25$ ( that`s new and it costs ~65$). Of course, postal charges should be added on top of that price.
Coin door cover mod looks like crap - in my opinion. Also, the material does not look like it was advertised so i was planing to throw it in the garbage but i`ll give it a try here.

EUROPE ONLY, i DO NOT send to Romania.

_MG_5554.JPG_MG_5554.JPG _MG_5539.JPG_MG_5539.JPG _MG_5540.JPG_MG_5540.JPG _MG_5541.JPG_MG_5541.JPG _MG_5542.JPG_MG_5542.JPG _MG_5543.JPG_MG_5543.JPG _MG_5544.JPG_MG_5544.JPG _MG_5545.JPG_MG_5545.JPG _MG_5546.JPG_MG_5546.JPG _MG_5547.JPG_MG_5547.JPG _MG_5548.JPG_MG_5548.JPG _MG_5550.JPG_MG_5550.JPG _MG_5551.JPG_MG_5551.JPG _MG_5552.JPG_MG_5552.JPG
#2881 9 years ago

I'd love the coin door cover....will you ship to US.....???.......Joey

#2882 9 years ago

I am in the club

Have a problem with my T2 though which I do hope will be a minor one. The big skull doesn´t have any red lamps resembling the eyes. Upon removing the skull I see the whole skull is filled from the back with some kind of foam !! Probably to strenghten the inside back in the Days... I have now removed the foam grinding it away with my Dremmel tool.

I found that the bracket that should hold the lamps is missing. The Eyes have been painted from the outside on the foam with a red marker.. Not a very good job.

Can I get the bracket somewhere ? Is there a substitute MOD with nicer LED lamps available ?

Any hints, tips to go about this is highly appreciated.
Matt in Sweden

Post edited by Flippermatt: misspelling

#2883 9 years ago

Wasn't there someone offering a complete T2 Skull and Lamp assembly? A high-quality one that was all-metal or something?

Bueller?

RussMyers

#2884 9 years ago
Quoted from Flippermatt:

I am in the club
Have a problem with my T2 though which I do hope will be a minor one. The big skull doesn´t have any red lamps resembling the eyes. Upon removing the skull I see the whole skull is filled from the back with some kind of foam !! Probably to strenghten the inside back in the Days... I have now removed the foam grinding it away with my Dremmel tool.
I found that the bracket that should hold the lamps is missing. The Eyes have been painted from the outside on the foam with a red marker.. Not a very good job.
Can I get the bracket somewhere ? Is there a substitute MOD with nicer LED lamps available ?
Matt in Sweden

There a service bulletin about having packing foam in the skull. It stops more than one ball getting stuck inside the skull. I used black foam rubber. I can't remember the specific measurements, but it is necessary in my game.

#2885 9 years ago
Quoted from Flippermatt:

I am in the club
Matt in Sweden

That foam suppose to be there, according to Service Bulletin Sb33 issued September `91.
It was installed in order to avoid a POSSIBLE BALL HANG-UP BEHIND SKULL.
Bulb caps for eyes are easy to find (ex. http://www.pinballcenter.eu/catalog/bulb-cap-red-p-3356.html?language=english)
A bracket is easy to manufacture, unless you`re planning to buy a new skull.
I attached a picture of my old skull (well, not really mine) in order to see all details.
Hopefully, it will help

Edit: Size of foam should be 2-1/4' (SQUARE)

_MG_5555.JPG_MG_5555.JPG
sb33-1.gifsb33-1.gif

#2886 9 years ago

Thank you very much for the info.. The skull that I have had foam totally packed from top to bottom. Looked like a slopy 2min job. I see here the bracket rests ontop. I had to rid it anyway as I plan to completley repaint the skull with airbrush and shoot Alclad II chrome. The bracket can be DIY I guess. Will have a check at Marco and Planetary to see if they can help.

If anyone could think of the guy that made they Eye LED MODs and post, that would be very nice.

Thanks
Matt

#2887 9 years ago
Quoted from Flippermatt:

Thank you very much for the info.. The skull that I have had foam totally packed from top to bottom. Looked like a slopy 2min job. I see here the bracket rests ontop. I had to rid it anyway as I plan to completley repaint the skull with airbrush and shoot Alclad II chrome. The bracket can be DIY I guess. Will have a check at Marco and Planetary to see if they can help.
If anyone could think of the guy that made they Eye LED MODs and post, that would be very nice.
Thanks
Matt

maybe this: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/t2-tskull-aluminum-eye-mod-kits-for-sale

#2888 9 years ago

Apron decals. New. I used only cannon decal.
5$ + postal charges.
Europe only. I DO NOT send to Romania.

SOLD.

_MG_5556.JPG_MG_5556.JPG
_MG_5558.JPG_MG_5558.JPG

#2889 9 years ago

I Would like the apron
(Denmark)

#2890 9 years ago
Quoted from tezting:

I Would like the apron
(Denmark)

Ok. Send me details. PM.

#2891 9 years ago
Quoted from Flippermatt:

I am in the club
Matt in Sweden

Here is the bracket if you don't feel like making one. You still need a couple 555 sockets to rivet or screw to this bracket. http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/01-10280

#2892 9 years ago

hi guys just doing up my 1st t2 my question is --- on back of start button what holds the assembly to the button

#2893 9 years ago
Quoted from aussie-steve:

hi guys just doing up my 1st t2 my question is --- on back of start button what holds the assembly to the button

Maybe this picture will help you.

_MG_5564.JPG_MG_5564.JPG
#2894 9 years ago

The lamp and switch assembly (the white part in loscanones's picture) attaches with a couple latches to the button assembly (the black part). Gently pulling and rocking it back and forth will pull it off.

#2895 9 years ago

Finally got my original 1991 T2 poster up before my super bowl party. Interesting how to tell it is an original single sheet. It is printed on both sides. and one side was backwards.

20150129_185250.jpg20150129_185250.jpg

#2896 9 years ago

Oooo, I kinda like those black legs and door.

#2897 9 years ago

Oooo, I kinda like those black legs and door.

Thanks. I can't take credit, the previous owner had them done.

#2898 9 years ago

thx for the replies and pics Unfortunately my assembly appears to differ and the white assembly does not have any latches. This means that the white section wont attach and movesIMG_0177[1].JPGIMG_0177[1].JPGIMG_0178[1].JPGIMG_0178[1].JPGIMG_0176[1].JPGIMG_0176[1].JPG

#2899 9 years ago

thx for the replies and pics Unfortunately my assembly appears to differ and the white assembly does not have any latches. This means that the white section wont attach and moves

I have a slight impression that you have some broken plastic there ( hard to say by looking at those pictures)
Maybe a new 5$ assembly will solve the problem.

#2900 9 years ago

Push the 2 small white tabs that are right up next to the black cylinder and pull.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
$ 12.99
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 21.95
$ 27.95
$ 39.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,956 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 220.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/terminator-2-clubmembers-only/page/58 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.