• Topic is favorited by 274 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

53663951190_696642b1ae_c (resized).jpg
53663311748_14568d061c_c (resized).jpg
53662225557_f2e8f3ac6e_k (resized).jpg
Williams_1991_Terminator_2_Judgment_Day_Manual_-_Update.pdf (PDF preview)
A2_Feature_Adjustments_(Update).pdf (PDF preview)
Terminator2_L8_4.pdf (PDF preview)
53639132189_e8b428873f_k (resized).jpg
53639132179_2f5a4b2c09_k (resized).jpg
IMG_5447 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5475 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5462 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240401_002830006 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240401_002816443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_192714330 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_192724360 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_192719354 (resized).jpg
There are 10,956 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 220.
#2701 9 years ago

I've started using the 6-LED crystal fan bulbs from Comet. They are brighter and I think they look pretty cool too.

http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/6smdfan.htm

#2702 9 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I've started using the 6-LED crystal fan bulbs from Comet. They are brighter and I think they look pretty cool too.
http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/6smdfan.htm

+1 - they look pretty cool in T2 Pops. Not to dim and not blinding...

#2703 9 years ago

Thanks I'll have to try those! Are you using the red LED with the stock red cap?

#2704 9 years ago

yep, red LEDs under the red cap.

#2705 9 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Has anybody found any good single LED replacements for the pop bumper bulbs? I've tried a bunch of red, orange, white of different types and nothing looks as good as the incandescent bulbs. I know about the Britecaps LED rings and may go that route in the future if no other single LED looks good enough.

I have the bright caps myself

#2706 9 years ago

Needing help with the gun trigger switch before I go crazy!

So my gun trigger switch has been acting up for awhile. You might play 5 games in a row with no problem, then it wouldn't launch the ball. Next ball, it would be fine. Eventually, and at a show I had the T2 setup at, it stopped for good. Luckily, you can set it to use the flipper buttons, so that got me through the show.

I bought a new switch, thinking that was the problem, but that didn't help. I find it odd that no other switches are out in the game, everything else on the row/column works fine. That leads me to think it is something in the wiring to the switch. So I did this test.

I unplugged the little connector that is right at the switch location. I then tested continuity on the white/yellow wire from that plug to another switch on that row, in this case, the left sling. I get a beep there, so I am assuming that is fine. I also checked the other wire, green/orange, to a switch in that column, the cannon home switch. On this, I get nothing.

Am I correct in thinking this should have continuity as well?

Am I also correct in thinking that since nothing else is out in the row/column, it cannot be a connector/transistor issue?

#2707 9 years ago

Does anyone have a high quality scan of the translite or any leads on NOS translites? I have just started putting LEDs in my restored T2 and there are scrapes on my original translite where the light bleeds through.

Please PM me if you have any info.

Cheers!
Adam.

#2708 9 years ago

hi jive,when you pull the trigger is the plunger (firing pin)pushing the actuator on the switch? is it pushing the actuator enough to activate the switch? if not bend the actuator or buy a new one. g.l. joe

#2709 9 years ago

Joe2012,

Yup, it is activating the switch. I have tested the diode as well.

Btw, I have the switch wired the same as the others in the game.

#2710 9 years ago

Jive, that is a head scratcher... When you replaced the switch, did you replace the diode? Did you install the orientation of the diode correctly (check the other switches in the row or column and verify the white band is to the same color wire as the other switches).

#2711 9 years ago

This is how I have the switch wired:

switch.jpgswitch.jpg
#2712 9 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

What leds do yall have in your skull? Mine dont seem to pulsate when the drop target is down like i have seen in videos...i am assuming its the leds i have in there...
Let me know

Just put standard comet red frosted led's into my t2 skull. The pulsing is actually ghosting...

#2713 9 years ago

hi jive, my switch is diff. than yours.this is a pic of a mod for the sw. and plunger(firing pin).your sw. actuator is too narrow and the plunger can miss it. g.l. joe

408term3s t2 trigger mod-431.jpg408term3s t2 trigger mod-431.jpg
#2714 9 years ago

Yeah, I realize the switch blade is too narrow, but I'll worry about that once I get the switch working.

#2715 9 years ago

Jive, yours is wired just like mine. Lets check if the switch is working. With the machine off and your meter set to continuity (or ohms of you don't have continuity on your meter):

You should have 0 ohms across the 2 end terminals of the switch with the switch not activated and open with it activated (careful of the polarity of your meter as you could read 0 ohms because of the diode if the red and black are one way or the other).

You should have open across the 2 close terminals with the switch not activated and 0 with it activated.

#2716 9 years ago

Schwaggs, I will double check that later this evening.

#2717 9 years ago

Does anybody else with the BriteEyes mod notice they get really hot? Doesn't seem normal

#2718 9 years ago

Does anybody else with the BriteEyes mod notice they get really hot? Doesn't seem normal

I have not...all I notice is that I cant keep my skull still enough to stop them from popping out when I hit the drop target. Hot glue has not worked.

#2719 9 years ago
Quoted from bigduke6:

The red is cool. I went blue. Diversity is the spice of life!

IMG_3429.jpg 253 KB

Went Red and Blue in the one that I recently did....

IMG_0851.jpgIMG_0851.jpg
#2720 9 years ago

Here is a shot of it in the dark...

IMG_0852.jpgIMG_0852.jpg

#2721 9 years ago

IMG_6870.JPGIMG_6870.JPG

I prefer the cool whites over just going full on blue. It fits the theme and doesnt look too clown puke-ish

To each their own though...

#2722 9 years ago

Hot glue has not worked.

Try silicone?

#2723 9 years ago

I prefer the cool whites over just going full on blue. It fits the theme and doesnt look too clown puke-ish
To each their own though...

IMG_6870.JPG 133 KB

I think yours looks good.. For most games I like warm white for GI, Cool white for inserts. However for T2 I like the all color GI as that is the colors of the movie and the Theme of Terminator has always been dark with lots of Reds and Blues.. You should notice that we used a Cool white under the Right Ramp and under the faces on the left and right side plastics...

#2724 9 years ago

Can someone take a pic near the left ramp for me? I get the feeling there is supposed to be a guide in this area and mine doesnt have one.
t2.jpgt2.jpg

#2725 9 years ago

Installed my pop bumper led rings and chrome decals the other day. first game with them this happens....just sat there till i nudged, lol.

The chrome decals look great

#2726 9 years ago

Initfo, it looks like your guide is present but reversed. You would need to remove the 2 screws holding the guide to the playfield and turn it 180 degrees.

#2727 9 years ago

Here's an idea for a T2 challenge......let's see who could get the highest score WITHOUT hitting any Super Jackpots.....thoughts?

1 week later
#2728 9 years ago

Installed a DMD Extender with LCD screen to replace the old orange DMD. Using red colors looks great

DMDext3.jpgDMDext3.jpg
#2729 9 years ago

Installed a DMD Extender with LCD screen to replace the old orange DMD. Using red colors looks great

Video?!!!!!

#2730 9 years ago

Cybernet is taking over!

#2731 9 years ago

Hi relatively new here and had my T2 about 2 months. In that time, on three occasions, the machine has completely reset to factory defaults ( not on free play, high scores wiped, date/ time not set). Fist time it happened, I replaced the batteries, but it has happened twice since then. Other than this machine works great. Any recommendations on cause and/or fix for this? Thanks.

#2732 9 years ago
Quoted from tigerpin:

Hi relatively new here and had my T2 about 2 months. In that time, on three occasions, the machine has completely reset to factory defaults ( not on free play, high scores wiped, date/ time not set). Fist time it happened, I replaced the batteries, but it has happened twice since then. Other than this machine works great. Any recommendations on cause and/or fix for this? Thanks.

My FH did the same thing. Reset with new batteries because the other ones leaked onto the board. Check for acid damage on your PCB.

#2733 9 years ago

Just looked at the batteries and board. I can't see any evidence of damage. Any other suggestions/ideas?

#2734 9 years ago

Is it happening while the machine is on or off?

#2735 9 years ago

If it's happening while the machine is off, then your batteries are not keeping your settings. This could be caused by a faulty battery holder or cold solder joint. I would first try to reflow the solder joints on the battery holder to the board. If that doesn't solve it, I would try replacing the battery holder next.

#2736 9 years ago

It only happens on rare occasions. Someone in my family plays a few games on it almost every night and we turn it off when done and it is only happened 3 times in a little over two months. I first thought batteries were dead, but new ones still had issue. We were also out of town for a few days over Thanksgiving and it happened when we returned. However, last night we had played the night before and it reset the next day. Would the battery holder cause intermittent issues like this? I will try to look at it closer tomorrow. It's not an awful issue, mostly just hate losing my high scores!!!

#2737 9 years ago
Quoted from tigerpin:

It only happens on rare occasions. Someone in my family plays a few games on it almost every night and we turn it off when done and it is only happened 3 times in a little over two months. I first thought batteries were dead, but new ones still had issue. We were also out of town for a few days over Thanksgiving and it happened when we returned. However, last night we had played the night before and it reset the next day. Would the battery holder cause intermittent issues like this? I will try to look at it closer tomorrow. It's not an awful issue, mostly just hate losing my high scores!!!

just get one of those NV Ram things, never need batteries again.

#2739 9 years ago
Quoted from tigerpin:

Yes, it could. Looking at it with your bare eyes might not show anything. Sometimes a cold solder joint is difficult to see even with a magnifying glass. Just reflow the solder and see if that helps.

#2740 9 years ago

Thanks for the tips. I will look at it again later this week and try to make sure all connections are solid.

#2741 9 years ago

I had this problem , it was the battery holder itself , changed it an everything is ok now !

#2742 9 years ago

What kind of LEDs are you guys using for the 2 GI sockets behind the 3 red standup targets? I have natural white GI all over which looks great, but it's too bright in this location since you have a direct line of sight to the LEDs.

#2743 9 years ago

What kind of LEDs are you guys using for the 2 GI sockets behind the 3 red standup targets? I have natural white GI all over which looks great, but it's too bright in this location since you have a direct line of sight to the LEDs.

Red for me.

#2744 9 years ago
Quoted from tigerpin:

Just looked at the batteries and board. I can't see any evidence of damage. Any other suggestions/ideas?

Have you checked the batteries that you removed from the game when this happens? If the batteries are dieing quickly (within months), it is most likely the blocking diode that prevents the batteries from powering anything other than the memory. If the batteries are good, it is most likely the contacts on the battery holder or solder joints as others have said.

#2745 9 years ago

Thanks for all the help! I think it is the battery holder and will be getting it replaced soon.

#2746 9 years ago

I've just purchased a rottendog board for my T2 as the old one had severe battery damage when i bought it.

Managed to get everything sorted apart from the start button, its flashing but when you press it nada.

Joined both wires up white and green but nothing registers on the switch matrix screen.

Any ideas?

#2747 9 years ago

I made videos of my Pinsound Reorchestration and OST version. Please don't mind the canon-sound-bug (sound is way too long), Pinsound guys are working on it!

OST

Reorchestration

#2748 9 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:

I made videos of my Pinsound Reorchestration and OST version. Please don't mind the canon-sound-bug (sound is way too long), Pinsound guys are working on it!
OST
» YouTube video
Reorchestration
» YouTube video

I really liked the OST version, with the theme music in the background..
Awesome - is it possible to know how I can install that??

Cheers!

#2749 9 years ago

I fitted a fast flashing color changing GI under my Hunter Ship
Looks cool IMO

#2750 9 years ago
Quoted from F348:

I fitted a fast flashing color changing GI under my Hunter Ship
Looks cool IMO

I did that same mod. blue led strip under wired to the flasher . adds some nice color! mine only triggers with the flashers behind the stand up targets though, when you hit them with the cannon.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 21.95
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.95
$ 27.95
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

There are 10,956 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 220.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/terminator-2-clubmembers-only/page/55 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.