IMG_2183 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8403 (resized).jpeg
1md6zh2dc8f91 (resized).jpg
IMG_1223 (resized).jpg
IMG_6426 (resized).jpg
IMG_6427 (resized).jpg
IMG_6428 (resized).jpg
IMG_6429 (resized).jpg
There are 11,161 posts in this topic. You are on page 223 of 224.
#11101 46 days ago

Note:
I have come across all relay driven wpc boards, that the C2 +12 filter cap have been failing.

#11102 46 days ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

Note:
I have come across all relay driven wpc boards, that the C2 +12 filter cap have been failing.

I had found similar comments from other techs working on these, which led me to look there.
Also - How common is failure of the BRs under the heat sink? I was also pointed in that direction, have not looked into how to test yet.

#11103 46 days ago

If you are interested in the mods I created for this fantastic pinball machine, you can purchase them by contacting me via the website www.dystopicpinball.com

Fast shipping to US, Europe and Canada

Please do not hesitate to contact me for further information or prices.
Thank you!
DP

t2 (resized).pngt2 (resized).png
#11104 45 days ago

I have recently joined the club. Very excited --- I used to play that game in my favorite bar across the street.

I am looking for non-stock software and I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I downloaded a copy of the unofficial ROM version L8_3 from ipdb and I am wondering if this is the most recent version. Also, I believe there may be profanity ROM out there somewhere that I would like to try out.

#11105 45 days ago

Absolute solid mod. Thank you MICHAEL SEHESTED.

20240606_171029 (resized).jpg20240606_171029 (resized).jpg20240606_171045 (resized).jpg20240606_171045 (resized).jpg20240606_171102 (resized).jpg20240606_171102 (resized).jpg
#11106 45 days ago
Quoted from idealjoker:

I have recently joined the club. Very excited --- I used to play that game in my favorite bar across the street.
I am looking for non-stock software and I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I downloaded a copy of the unofficial ROM version L8_3 from ipdb and I am wondering if this is the most recent version. Also, I believe there may be profanity ROM out there somewhere that I would like to try out.

I sent you an email

#11107 45 days ago
Quoted from Scoot:

Absolute solid mod. Thank you MICHAEL SEHESTED.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I’m giving serious consideration to adding some lighting underneath the hands, imagine it could create a cool effect!

#11108 44 days ago
Quoted from idealjoker:

I think there’s an 8-4 now, and shops here on Pinside can sell you a copy. Also, there’s a profanity speech ROM and the Pinsound audio setup is pretty sweet too. All depending on how much $$ you want to blow!

#11109 44 days ago
Quoted from atg1469:

I’m giving serious consideration to adding some lighting underneath the hands, imagine it could create a cool effect!

I have thought about the same but I really can’t find a way to get the wires out of the way. The whole piece is as transparent as possible. Any ideas how it could be done without the wires being to annoying?

#11110 44 days ago
Quoted from MNTilter:

I think there’s an 8-4 now, and shops here on Pinside can sell you a copy. Also, there’s a profanity speech ROM

Thank you, I am all set

#11111 44 days ago

Still making mods for this game, but no one has made new code yet? Ugh.

#11112 44 days ago
Quoted from Sehested:

I have thought about the same but I really can’t find a way to get the wires out of the way. The whole piece is as transparent as possible. Any ideas how it could be done without the wires being to annoying?

The only way I can currently see to do it would be to run the wires down through the slings but inevitably there’ll be at least some wires showing. The alternative would be to add some decent lighting under the slings themselves and see if you can create a cool effect that way. I’ve replaced the traditional sling plastics with the metal versions so I can likely take a bit more liberties than someone with a stock setup. That said, I’m also working with Stumblor on a kit to put his interactive lolly star posts throughout the game, which I suspect will light up this area very nicely as well. I’ll post some pics of that setup once we get a bit further down the road.

#11113 43 days ago

We made Game Rom L8.4

#11114 43 days ago
Quoted from Averell:

We made Game Rom L8.4

Does it add anything to gameplay? This playfield and cannon mech have a lot of potential to be a lit more fun. I held onto my t2 for a long time waiting for a new software package that never came.

#11115 43 days ago

Of course... here's some information about it.

Terminator2_L8_4.pdfTerminator2_L8_4.pdf

#11116 43 days ago

Thanks Averell for all your hard work on this great game that you made even better. With your 8.4 rom and pinsound movie code with shaker effects this game is killer now

#11117 43 days ago
Quoted from Averell:

Of course... here's some information about it.
[quoted image]

Neat! Sad I didnt hold out longer. I miss t2 from time to time. I replaced him with a shadow. Shadows about done here now too. Some one will probably announce code for that after I sell it too.

#11118 43 days ago

Thinking this topper would be at least as much as a new Stern topper.

https://www.facebook.com/share/r/hnPcMnnEZWR3EJrK/?mibextid=0VwfS7

#11119 42 days ago
Quoted from mzhulk:

Thanks Averell for all your hard work on this great game that you made even better.

I very much agree. And I do not think that I have ever seen better documentation in my life!

But this is also very true:

Quoted from Chitownpinball:

This playfield and cannon mech have a lot of potential to be a bit more fun.

I got my game less than two weeks ago and I have played around a couple of dozen games. Just now I got 5 chances at Super Jackpot on ball 1 and converted 3. Two Payback Times on ball 2. Fun, for sure, but not for much longer. Opening the outlanes and playing with extra hard settings are also no-nos for me. My game looks too nice to want to sell it, so what is one to do? Without other apparent options, I am considering taking a crack at modifying the code myself. After all, how hard can it be?

#11120 42 days ago

My friend, read that document and you will see how difficult it is.
We have integrated several functions to improve the game and to have much more options than before.
The game has never been better than it is now and everyone can set it up however they like.
More options are not possible with the given code and the existing hardware and switches.
So please read the manual first and then try it out.

The extended functions are attached.

A2 Feature Adjustments (Update).pdfA2 Feature Adjustments (Update).pdf

And here the extended Manual.

Williams_1991_Terminator_2_Judgment_Day_Manual - Update.pdfWilliams_1991_Terminator_2_Judgment_Day_Manual - Update.pdf

#11121 42 days ago
Quoted from Averell:

read that document

I wasn't kidding when I complimented your documentation!

Sorry, my comment was a bit cheeky. What I have in mind is along the lines of PEMBOT and The Cat's Meow. With both patches I tried hard to make my changes fit with the existing game play while at the same time making significant changes to the rules. A lot is simply linking pre-existing game features in ways that entices the player to use all features and shots of a particular game. If I do make this my next project I'd also like to include the option to start games with different rules, including stock. Maybe team play, too. I have lots of ideas but first I want to play stock rules for quite a while because that's how I usually figure out how I wish a game would play.

#11122 42 days ago

The rules weren't supposed to be changed. What we did, however, was the tournament mode, because it never worked properly and was unfair. Now everything is correct, the counting is correct and every player has the same starting conditions. There are also settings for the cannon that prevent the player from copying everything beforehand and how the inserts light up. This can be changed to several levels of difficulty. The Profanity Rom is also integrated, so that people without PinSound can use it and at the same time have an up-to-date game code.
The clue is that everything is switchable.

#11123 42 days ago
Quoted from Averell:

The rules weren't supposed to be changed. What we did, however, was the tournament mode, because it never worked properly and was unfair. Now everything is correct, the counting is correct and

Nice job!!!

#11124 41 days ago

I agree, the changes you made are excellent.

But my goals are different. The old games were made for the coin-op market but now they are used as home games. And for me the two environments call for different rules, with more depth and complexity in home games. T2 has a playfield with great flow and a good amount of targets to shoot at, a cool cannon and an autoplunger. The rule set is overall pretty interesting, but I don't like the fact that I can get 5 chances at the super Jackpot on ball 1, because my shot accuracy is really not good enough for that, and I like it even less that I can get a great score with a game where I just shoot for the ramps.

#11125 41 days ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

Note:

And yep, another one here - replacing C2 fixed my problem. No more check fuses, booted right up.

#11126 39 days ago
Quoted from atg1469:

The only way I can currently see to do it would be to run the wires down through the slings but inevitably there’ll be at least some wires showing. The alternative would be to add some decent lighting under the slings themselves and see if you can create a cool effect that way. I’ve replaced the traditional sling plastics with the metal versions so I can likely take a bit more liberties than someone with a stock setup. That said, I’m also working with Stumblor on a kit to put his interactive lolly star posts throughout the game, which I suspect will light up this area very nicely as well. I’ll post some pics of that setup once we get a bit further down the road.

I am in the process of removing the spot lights as they are in the way of the hands but the wires are there so you can see what would be exposed if you wanted to light up the hands

IMG_1603 (resized).jpegIMG_1603 (resized).jpegIMG_1605 (resized).jpegIMG_1605 (resized).jpeg
#11127 39 days ago

Finally was able to make at least a little progress in tracking down the cause of my GI issue. For those of you that may not have been following my pinball-buffoonery of late, I made an attempt at swapping out my flipper coils a few weeks back and botched the job.

Long story short, I swapped the right side out and everything seemed to go fairly smooth. Moved onto the left, perhaps failed to pay as close attention as I should have to the wiring configuration, and ended up getting a few things backwards. Blew a few diodes, a few fuses; replaced said diodes and fuses. Pinsiders corrected me on my misgivings and I was able to get the left side back up and running. Only problem is now the right side GI lights are all dead.

I traced the problem down to something related to F108 on the power board. The fuse that is continually being blown as soon as I turn on the game. I've tested a few fuses before and immediately after and can confirm they are being blown. Problem is, I'm not sure what to check from here. I can see that F108 controls the white and green GI line, but I'm not seeing anything of concern on the GI itself.

Since the GIs being effected are on the right side, is that any indicator that the issue could be something related to the right coil? Everything was working just fine before I attempted my hatchet job, so I'm assuming it must be related!

#11128 39 days ago
Quoted from atg1469:

Finally was able to make at least a little progress in tracking down the cause of my GI issue. For those of you that may not have been following my pinball-buffoonery of late, I made an attempt at swapping out my flipper coils a few weeks back and botched the job.
Long story short, I swapped the right side out and everything seemed to go fairly smooth. Moved onto the left, perhaps failed to pay as close attention as I should have to the wiring configuration, and ended up getting a few things backwards. Blew a few diodes, a few fuses; replaced said diodes and fuses. Pinsiders corrected me on my misgivings and I was able to get the left side back up and running. Only problem is now the right side GI lights are all dead.
I traced the problem down to something related to F108 on the power board. The fuse that is continually being blown as soon as I turn on the game. I've tested a few fuses before and immediately after and can confirm they are being blown. Problem is, I'm not sure what to check from here. I can see that F108 controls the white and green GI line, but I'm not seeing anything of concern on the GI itself.
Since the GIs being effected are on the right side, is that any indicator that the issue could be something related to the right coil? Everything was working just fine before I attempted my hatchet job, so I'm assuming it must be related!

Unplug the GI and see if the fuse blows.

#11129 39 days ago
Quoted from atg1469:

In working on my power-driver board, I also found a makeshift connection in the GI area. Apparently there’s a well-known issue with these WPC Boards where GI connections can overheat and burn the plugs up. IIRC, the GI connectors are in the lower left corner with a secondary as well slightly above on the left. My secondary has evidence of prior burning. I’d be taking a good look at all those connections - you may find a blackened pin or two.

#11130 39 days ago

I'm so happy with this mod. High quality and looks great IMO. Great work Michael!

IMG_6426 (resized).jpgIMG_6426 (resized).jpgIMG_6427 (resized).jpgIMG_6427 (resized).jpgIMG_6428 (resized).jpgIMG_6428 (resized).jpgIMG_6429 (resized).jpgIMG_6429 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#11131 31 days ago

Who has a T2 topper for sale? I hate mine.

#11132 31 days ago
Quoted from gac:

I'm so happy with this mod. High quality and looks great IMO. Great work Michael!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

These look great where did you get them?

#11133 31 days ago
Quoted from Cento:

These look great where did you get them?

From Pinsider Sehested

#11134 27 days ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Unplug the GI and see if the fuse blows.

Apologies for leaving you hanging on your suggestion, I'm sure the suspense has been killing you!

Finally got back around to troubleshooting today. Pulled the GI connector, reset a new fuse, turned the game on, and the fuse tested just fine. Reseated the connector and low and behold all the GI lights came back on as well! Started a game and everything was working fine, thought I was in the clear. Then...the right side GI went out again.

I'm sure when I go back in and test the fuse its going to be blown. The game played fine for about 2 balls before the GI eventually went dark again. Not really sure what this is telling me though or where to go from here?!

#11135 27 days ago

Sadly my T2 is sold.

I had an incredible time fixing this game up and getting it to run PERFECTLY !

So, Im out of the club ....

Its an awesome game maybe another one will come my way in the Desert of pinball where I live...

#11136 27 days ago

Anyone interested in a brand new T2 playfield? It’s from the last Buthamburg run. I received it around Christmas 2023.

I might sell it for two reasons… my T2 playfield is not too bad & I just accidentally bought another pinball machine

Thinking maybe I can use the funds to put towards my accident.

Here’s my post from when I received it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/terminator-2-clubmembers-only/page/213#post-7933257

#11137 27 days ago

How much?

Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Anyone interested in a brand new T2 playfield? It’s from the last Buthamburg run. I received it around Christmas 2023.
I might sell it for two reasons… my T2 playfield is not too bad & I just accidentally bought another pinball machine
Thinking maybe I can use the funds to put towards my accident.
Here’s my post from when I received it.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/terminator-2-clubmembers-only/page/213#post-7933257

#11138 27 days ago
Quoted from atg1469:

Apologies for leaving you hanging on your suggestion, I'm sure the suspense has been killing you!
Finally got back around to troubleshooting today. Pulled the GI connector, reset a new fuse, turned the game on, and the fuse tested just fine. Reseated the connector and low and behold all the GI lights came back on as well! Started a game and everything was working fine, thought I was in the clear. Then...the right side GI went out again.
I'm sure when I go back in and test the fuse its going to be blown. The game played fine for about 2 balls before the GI eventually went dark again. Not really sure what this is telling me though or where to go from here?!

Good news for you. Since you pulled the connector and the fuse didn't blow, it is telling you that the board is fine and that there must be a short somewhere in the gi wire along its chain of gi bulbs. Look at all of the gi sockets under the playfield that are out to see if any are touching anything they shouldn't like a metal bracket or other exposed wires that could cause a short. Each gi is connected together in a chain so follow that chain until you find the culprit. If you have to, remove every gi socket from the playfield in its chain to inspect and reinsert. You will find it.

#11139 27 days ago
Quoted from Scoot:

Good news for you. Since you pulled the connector and the fuse didn't blow, it is telling you that the board is fine and that there must be a short somewhere in the gi wire along its chain of gi bulbs. Look at all of the gi sockets under the playfield that are out to see if any are touching anything they shouldn't like a metal bracket or other exposed wires that could cause a short. Each gi is connected together in a chain so follow that chain until you find the culprit. If you have to, remove every gi socket from the playfield in its chain to inspect and reinsert. You will find it.

Well that is "good news" I suppose! I'll go down the chain and see what I can see but I'm guessing the problem must be somewhere near the flipper coil since that's where I was working. Will report back once I've had a chance to dig in further.

#11140 27 days ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Sadly my T2 is sold.
I had an incredible time fixing this game up and getting it to run PERFECTLY !
So, Im out of the club ....
Its an awesome game maybe another one will come my way in the Desert of pinball where I live...

Same here, pinballinreno. Just sold mine last week. I'll miss T2.

1 week later
#11141 19 days ago
Quoted from idealjoker:

I very much agree. And I do not think that I have ever seen better documentation in my life!
But this is also very true:

I got my game less than two weeks ago and I have played around a couple of dozen games. Just now I got 5 chances at Super Jackpot on ball 1 and converted 3. Two Payback Times on ball 2. Fun, for sure, but not for much longer. Opening the outlanes and playing with extra hard settings are also no-nos for me. My game looks too nice to want to sell it, so what is one to do? Without other apparent options, I am considering taking a crack at modifying the code myself. After all, how hard can it be?

Steepen up your playfield. I was in opposite boat - fairly difficult to do any of the fun stuff, I shortened the rear feet by 2 threads and it’s a whole new ‘playable’ game. Super jackpots and ramps way easier to hit. Couple Payback times per game at least. And my pitch still measures out to 6-6.5 degrees.
All the kinematics change as you add pitch, check it out!

#11142 15 days ago

I am really shocked and sad at the same time.
The inventor of the Ultimate Hunter Killer Ship (known as Rainer - WurlitzerOMT) unfortunately died unexpectedly after a routine procedure in the hospital on July 6, 2024. He was only 51 years old.
Rest in peace...

#11143 15 days ago
Quoted from Averell:

The inventor of the Ultimate Hunter Killer Ship (known as Rainer - WurlitzerOMT) unfortunately died unexpectedly after a routine procedure in the hospital on July 6, 2024. He was only 51 years old.
Rest in peace...

Wow! Sad day in the hobby. Condolences to his family and friends.

#11144 14 days ago
Quoted from Averell:

Rest in peace...

I have the Ultimate Hunter ship and it is some of the highest quality work I've seen for pinball mods. The ship is absolutely 100% the best ship made for T2.

RIP sir and thank you for your great work.

#11145 14 days ago
Quoted from Averell:

Rest in peace...

This is very sad news. RIP and prayers for his family. I too have the mod and it is undoubtedly one of the best mods in pinball.

#11146 13 days ago

My T2 is looking kinda dark on the playfield.

What looks better on this? A couple additional spotlights or pinstadium’s?

I don’t want to wash out the light show though.

Any suggestions and maybe some pics would be appreciated.

Quoted from Averell:

Rest in peace...

Sad to hear this.

He was too young to go that early (same age as me). Rest in peace fellow pinball nerd. <3

#11148 13 days ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

My T2 is looking kinda dark on the playfield.
What looks better on this? A couple additional spotlights or pinstadium’s?
I don’t want to wash out the light show though.
Any suggestions and maybe some pics would be appreciated.

Sad to hear this.
He was too young to go that early (same age as me). Rest in peace fellow pinball nerd. <3

I may be of the minority, but I love Pinstadiums and have them on almost all of my machines. That said, T2 is the one game I chose to leave them off because of exactly what you've said here. They tend to wash out the playfield and you'll lose a lot of the neon effects that the paint offers if you instead light it more sparingly. Instead, I just added an LED strip to the backboard to better light the top half of the game, and I'm still working on how to add a bit more lighting to the bottom half. I'm working on a custom kit with Stumblor that will incorporate his lolly boards and add lighted starposts throughout the game that I suspect will be more than enough to accomplish what I'm looking for. As always though, to each his own and you'll have to find the balance that works best for you own individual tastes.

IMG_1223 (resized).jpgIMG_1223 (resized).jpg
#11149 13 days ago
Quoted from atg1469:

I may be of the minority, but I love Pinstadiums and have them on almost all of my machines. That said, T2 is the one game I chose to leave them off because of exactly what you've said here. They tend to wash out the playfield and you'll lose a lot of the neon effects that the paint offers if you instead light it more sparingly. Instead, I just added an LED strip to the backboard to better light the top half of the game, and I'm still working on how to add a bit more lighting to the bottom half. I'm working on a custom kit with Stumblor that will incorporate his lolly boards and add lighted starposts throughout the game that I suspect will be more than enough to accomplish what I'm looking for. As always though, to each his own and you'll have to find the balance that works best for you own individual tastes.
[quoted image]

I agree.

Thanks for the info, appreciate it.

Beautiful chromed out T2!

#11150 10 days ago

To all of you T2 owners out there - today is „JUDGEMENT DAY“!!!! (-5y)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Norwich, CT
$ 21.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Lenticular Designs

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.95
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lawrenceburg, IN
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Chandler, AZ
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 39.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.95
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.99
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,161 posts in this topic. You are on page 223 of 224.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.