• Topic is favorited by 274 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

53663951190_696642b1ae_c (resized).jpg
53663311748_14568d061c_c (resized).jpg
53662225557_f2e8f3ac6e_k (resized).jpg
Williams_1991_Terminator_2_Judgment_Day_Manual_-_Update.pdf (PDF preview)
A2_Feature_Adjustments_(Update).pdf (PDF preview)
Terminator2_L8_4.pdf (PDF preview)
53639132189_e8b428873f_k (resized).jpg
53639132179_2f5a4b2c09_k (resized).jpg
IMG_5447 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5475 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5462 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240401_002830006 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240401_002816443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_192714330 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_192724360 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_192719354 (resized).jpg
There are 10,956 posts in this topic. You are on page 187 of 220.
#9301 1 year ago

Yeah, the 2 lines mentioned above are spoken, along with some music and animation, maybe every 15 minutes or so.

#9302 1 year ago
Quoted from Scoot:

I have never seen a T2 that will reliably send the ball up to the top lanes. I have spent too much time on my own trying to adjust and still can only achieve maybe 3 out of 10. It's not a power problem. It is a geometry problem.

After putting on the spacer on the plunger on very rare occasions (failed shimmy attempt -slows the ball right down) the kickback does a live catch and double spanks the ball to do a full orbit past the multiplier lanes.

#9303 1 year ago
Quoted from jimjam:

I have a question about sound call outs.
Apparently these call outs are included in the game but I have never heard any of them in the last 20 years of owning a T2.
Just want to confirm if you guys hear them, listed below.
“Way to go“
“Get down”
“He’ll live”
“Time to go”
“Right now”
“They’re here”
“Out of the way”
“Look out”
“I am a Cyberdyne Systems series 800 terminator”
“Reloaded"
“Terminated”
“You’re targeted for termination”
“Get behind me if you want to live”
“No way, Jose”
“No problemo"
“I am a cybernetic organism”

Thankfully many of these that didn't make it are used in the T2 video game. I know the video game says "No way, Jose" if you press start without enough credits. The pin may do the same, though I've never had mine off free play long enough to know.

There's another you haven't listed: "Whoopideedoo". Doubt that was used in gameplay or attract mode

#9304 1 year ago

L8.3 and Profanity only works with the matching PinSound or U14 Profanity Sound ROM.
Again IPDB doesn't support this great work - thank you PPS again.
We will share the Game ROM as much as we can on other platforms, so we don't care anymore about IPDB, PPS or whoever!
This is just ridiculous!

#9305 1 year ago

PPS sucks. Anybody can and should use this game rom if they so choose. I'm a happy customer of this fantastic free update

#9306 1 year ago
Quoted from Averell:

We will share the Game ROM as much as we can on other platforms

Where are these other platforms you speak of? Eager to try L8.3!

#9308 1 year ago

Yeah ummm, not helpful... Maybe i'm just dumb, but I dont see any .zip or .rom files to download.

#9309 1 year ago

Try to download the patch tool.
Start the programm and patch the existing L-8 to L8-3!

https://www.flippermarkt.de/community/forum/threads/terminator-2-neues-game-rom-l8-3.244657/page-25#post-1999752

#9310 1 year ago
Quoted from Averell:

Try to download the patch tool.
Start the programm and patch the existing L-8 to L8-3!
https://www.flippermarkt.de/community/forum/threads/terminator-2-neues-game-rom-l8-3.244657/page-25#post-1999752

Thanks, but I have no clue what you're talking about... Patching/burning ROM's is not my thing, so I need the .zip or .rom file to give someone to burn for me... Guess i'm SOL.

#9311 1 year ago

You can download the tool and load L-8 into it, then execute the program and it will save L8-3.
With this file you can go to your buddy to burn the ROM.
If you don't have PinSound you must burn U14 Profanity, too.
Otherwise, send me your e-mail.

#9312 1 year ago
Quoted from Averell:

If you don't have PinSound you must burn U14 Profanity, too.

If you have a Tilt Audio board you also don't need U14 ROM.

#9314 1 year ago

It's done, L8.3 Game ROM is now available on IPDB - ENJOY!

https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?2524

Unbenannt (resized).JPGUnbenannt (resized).JPG

#9315 1 year ago
Quoted from Averell:

It's done, L8.3 Game ROM is now available on IPDB - ENJOY!
https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?2524

Sweet, thank you!! And only U14 needs to be updated? not all 4 sound ROM's? I hope the profanity can be turned off...

#9316 1 year ago

Yes, only U14 needs to be updated and Profanity can be switched ON or OFF.
Read the description to the new features and you will understand what's possible.

#9317 1 year ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Sweet, thank you!! And only U14 needs to be updated? not all 4 sound ROM's? I hope the profanity can be turned off...

I held off on the profanity rom for years. Thought it was a neat trick but wasn't worth burning a rom and having it permanently present while missing out on the wpc ghost patching and true silent attract mode. Now there's no reason not to burn it, because you can just turn it on or off in settings quickly and easily if desired.

#9318 1 year ago

Please find attached a complete description about this amazing Game ROM L8.3 update.
You will find all information required to understand the new settings and much more.

Terminator2_L8_3 - Description.pdfTerminator2_L8_3 - Description.pdf

#9319 1 year ago

edit error - didn't mean to post

#9320 1 year ago
Quoted from Averell:

Please find attached a complete description about this amazing Game ROM L8.3 update.
You fill find all information required to understand the new settings and much more.
[quoted image]

Wow! That's an amazing amount or work. Thanks!

1 week later
#9321 1 year ago

Reposting this from the tech forum:

Replaced worn right flipper leaf switch and started popping fuses at F102 and other strange behavior like being able to activate it in attract mode. Turns out the new leaf switch is shorting to the plunger, what I’m trying to reconcile is I can’t seem to place it in a position where it functions normally and doesn’t make contact with the plunger. For the time being I’ve insulated both with electrical tape but that’s not a good long term solution.
I ordered them from Pinball Life (SW-10A-48) but I’m wondering if their version is longer for some reason. I was going to snip off the end but that’s where the contact is so there really isn’t any extra to shorten.
I feel like maybe I’m missing something obvious but I don’t see it so I’m reaching out for advice

1 week later
#9322 1 year ago
Quoted from Bohm:

Reposting this from the tech forum:
Replaced worn right flipper leaf switch and started popping fuses at F102 and other strange behavior like being able to activate it in attract mode. Turns out the new leaf switch is shorting to the plunger, what I’m trying to reconcile is I can’t seem to place it in a position where it functions normally and doesn’t make contact with the plunger. For the time being I’ve insulated both with electrical tape but that’s not a good long term solution.
I ordered them from Pinball Life (SW-10A-48) but I’m wondering if their version is longer for some reason. I was going to snip off the end but that’s where the contact is so there really isn’t any extra to shorten.
I feel like maybe I’m missing something obvious but I don’t see it so I’m reaching out for advice

Williams has different cabinet switch configurations. The switch should be clear of any obstructions.
The switch most likely needs to be mounted lower in the cabinet.

#9323 1 year ago

If I don't fully hit the right ramp with full power, it always comes back down and goes SDTM. Is there supposed to be a wire or other piece to prevent this (like on BOP, ball return from pop bumpers has a SDTM blocking wire), or is this by design? It's just brutal! Yes I know I suck

#9324 1 year ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

If I don't fully hit the right ramp with full power, it always comes back down and goes SDTM. Is there supposed to be a wire or other piece to prevent this (like on BOP, ball return from pop bumpers has a SDTM blocking wire), or is this by design? It's just brutal! Yes I know I suck

I just played an afternoon on my T2 and did not experience SDTM from the right ramp. No, there is no guide wire in the front of the ramp. I would get in there and clean and wax the ramp. Also check if it is securely fastened to the playfield. Maybe you could tweak it a bit so it doesn't go to the middle. Worst case if it starts to fall back, give the table a slap/bump just before it exits the ramp to send it off to either flipper.

If you haven't watched this tutorial, it is worth a look just for how much Bowen moves the table around while playing.

#9325 1 year ago

Never has happened to me. Nothing special there.

I'm almost afraid to post this, but here's a video I did 13 years ago ... so you can see it doesn't happen

#9326 1 year ago

Games were designed to be brutal and the geometry of ramps shot from the lower flippers always means there's a possibility of SDTM drains when you don't make the ramp (varying the PF pitch also affects this), but I'd be checking your flippers as I don't have issues making the right ramp (compared to say IJ or MM where the ramp is much steeper). It is also possible to back hand the ramp, although that is not a shot I go for but have had occur.

#9327 1 year ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

Williams has different cabinet switch configurations. The switch should be clear of any obstructions.
The switch most likely needs to be mounted lower in the cabinet.

My first mistake was not taking notes or at least paying very close attention where and how the original leaf switch was mounted. The new ones were identical so clearly I missed something. What I wound up doing is rearranging the blocks at the base and essentially moving the switch one block closer to the cabinet.

While that visibly worked I was still blowing fuses at F102 (right flipper fuse), I figured at that point I had burned up more transistors or something and kind of gave up because this pin has been an absolute problem child. I got a wild hair to look at it closer one day and found that the EOS switch on the flipper wasn't opening. I adjusted it and it's been working fine ever since. I replaced the switch because the flipper was weak and the switch had had it, but I don't think it's coincidence that I had 2 separate issues causing the same problem because it was working fine before, I just can't explain why the EOS would have gone out of adjustment at the same time.

#9328 1 year ago

You might have to pull a Medieval Madness, and add a ramp plastic wedge flap.

#9329 1 year ago

No, there's nothing on the right ramp to prevent a rollback SDTM.

On mine, rollbacks come to the right flipper. Make sure your machine is steep enough (at least 6º), and leveled properly at the back half of the machine.

#9330 1 year ago

New member to the club, love the game so far

#9331 1 year ago

Hi to all from Germany. I’m a proud owner of a T2. I’m just renovating it.

C2B3877A-B7B6-4807-98B6-47E6F7DA5542 (resized).jpegC2B3877A-B7B6-4807-98B6-47E6F7DA5542 (resized).jpegB9B4121A-30CA-4A1E-8285-10CAE66DCBC4 (resized).jpegB9B4121A-30CA-4A1E-8285-10CAE66DCBC4 (resized).jpeg
#9332 1 year ago
Quoted from candyman1979:

Hi to all from Germany. I’m a proud owner of a T2. I’m just renovating it.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats! That PF looks to be in pretty good condition below all that dirt & grime.

#9333 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Thanks will do that now.
I imagine that a stop is missing from the plunger solenoid ah?
Pinball life for the replacement?
Thanks
[quoted image]

I can’t find the part number for the plunger stop. Can anyone let me know what it is? Thanks John

#9334 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

I can’t find the part number for the plunger stop. Can anyone let me know what it is? Thanks John

Ball launch kicker [Kickback Assembly (Right)]
#A-14525
pg.2-20, item 5.
Part #23-6420 Rubber Grommet.
Note: Get a set.
ref. these photos for missing grommet
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#9335 1 year ago

I got a pin2dmd from @pin-fandango

Quoted from JohnTTwo:

I can’t find the part number for the plunger stop

Hi. Is called grommet

#9336 1 year ago

Pin2dmd is awesome. I think colors and graphics are better than color dmd.

#9337 1 year ago

Good choice, Pin2DMD has a working Hunter Killer animation... Color-DMD is too stupid and arrogant to fix their remaining bug regarding that issue!

#9338 1 year ago

Back in the club after a 6 year hiatus. I really love this game - missed it.

IMG_8342 (resized).jpgIMG_8342 (resized).jpg
#9339 1 year ago

Nice collection, go on and update T2 Game Rom to L8-3!

#9340 1 year ago
Quoted from dmieczko:

Back in the club after a 6 year hiatus. I really love this game - missed it.
[quoted image]

nice lineup.

really want to get a getaway!

#9341 1 year ago

Thanks guys. Loving this lineup. I will check out the L8-3 ROM!!

#9342 1 year ago

Does anybody have the bug with the multiplier, many times the playfield has 2x 4x 6x and 8x on but that bonus is not earnt.
I am not talking about the bonus hold pass over.
Example all inserts on showing 8x bonus then you earn a 2x, 4x on the DMD, end on ball gives you the 4x bonus

#9343 1 year ago

I've seen that bug. I think that happens when you tilt when bonus is held, you lose the held bonus but the lights incorrectly stay on.

#9344 1 year ago

With which Game Rom version that issue appears?

#9345 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

I've seen that bug. I think that happens when you tilt when bonus is held, you lose the held bonus but the lights incorrectly stay on.

Hey you might be right, I have noticed that after loosing the ball after a tilt.

Quoted from Averell:

With which Game Rom version that issue appears?

Happened with the old rom and has continued on with your new L8.3 (by the way thanks for that, the LED flicker has completely gone)

#9346 1 year ago

Good to know - thanks.
We found some more issues to fix with the next release.

#9347 1 year ago

Anyone in Colorado have one they are wanting to part with?

#9348 1 year ago

Is there a tutorial somewhere on what hardware and steps are required to burn a new rom? I looked up a few things but they covered older burners that had troubles with current versions of Windows or were USB only and had problems supplying the required external power for some of these chips. Sorry, I don’t know a lot about burning rims yet. I once looked into burning PIC chips - but that was like 25 years ago.

#9349 1 year ago
Quoted from tripplett:

Is there a tutorial somewhere on what hardware and steps are required to burn a new rom? I looked up a few things but they covered older burners that had troubles with current versions of Windows or were USB only and had problems supplying the required external power for some of these chips. Sorry, I don’t know a lot about bu

It will be cheaper and better quality if you order from someone who does it. I got all mines from Clive Jones at thecoinopcauldron. Good luck.
He’s in Easley SC.

#9350 1 year ago

Just checking if anyone has a CAD or PDF file for the T2 playfield?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
$ 40.00
$ 12.99
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 21.95
$ 9.95
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

There are 10,956 posts in this topic. You are on page 187 of 220.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/terminator-2-clubmembers-only/page/187 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.