• Topic is favorited by 274 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

53663951190_696642b1ae_c (resized).jpg
53663311748_14568d061c_c (resized).jpg
53662225557_f2e8f3ac6e_k (resized).jpg
Williams_1991_Terminator_2_Judgment_Day_Manual_-_Update.pdf (PDF preview)
A2_Feature_Adjustments_(Update).pdf (PDF preview)
Terminator2_L8_4.pdf (PDF preview)
53639132189_e8b428873f_k (resized).jpg
53639132179_2f5a4b2c09_k (resized).jpg
IMG_5447 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5475 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5462 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240401_002830006 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240401_002816443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_192714330 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_192724360 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_192719354 (resized).jpg
There are 10,956 posts in this topic. You are on page 185 of 220.
#9201 1 year ago

gonna clearcoat my playfield.

got all the mylar from around the pops,slings
gun targets .

there are little circles of mylar over each
t800 eye and over the teeth.

can i clear over those or should i try and
remove.

they are on there pretty good.

20220622_220530 (resized).jpg20220622_220530 (resized).jpg
#9202 1 year ago

I'm not a big fan of aftermarket toppers, but I made this awhile ago and I kinda like it sitting on top of my T2.

34 LED's were added to this 16" long HK when I built it, including a lot of blue "flicker" led's in the engine pods. The clear cover is just to eliminate a lot of necessary dusting.

#9204 1 year ago

I finally got round and finished off installing the coloured acrylic and wiring on my custom topper for my T2 restoration, after picking it up from the platers.

When I mocked it up, it wasn’t tall enough, so I machined 3 risers to raise the height. It’s powered via a separate power supply.

I just need to fit the armour and back glass to completely finish the project off.

1CE45711-840E-4ADA-BB73-A13201C5A6D6 (resized).jpeg1CE45711-840E-4ADA-BB73-A13201C5A6D6 (resized).jpeg8FB22891-39B2-47A7-BA41-D0817F47C0F6 (resized).jpeg8FB22891-39B2-47A7-BA41-D0817F47C0F6 (resized).jpegAD682764-D164-4432-9F70-967CDAD2C9BD (resized).jpegAD682764-D164-4432-9F70-967CDAD2C9BD (resized).jpegBBA8DCCF-2EA5-419E-AEA6-8472167B1A40 (resized).jpegBBA8DCCF-2EA5-419E-AEA6-8472167B1A40 (resized).jpeg

#9205 1 year ago

Nice copy of my topper

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#9206 1 year ago

I had the pleasure of filming this magnificent example today.

#9207 1 year ago

Nice machine, but still with incomplete and malfunctional software.

But there's an option...

DSCN9475 (resized).JPGDSCN9475 (resized).JPG

DSCN9483 (resized).JPGDSCN9483 (resized).JPG

DSCN9482 (resized).JPGDSCN9482 (resized).JPG

DSCN9481 (resized).JPGDSCN9481 (resized).JPG

DSCN9480 (resized).JPGDSCN9480 (resized).JPG

DSCN9478 (resized).JPGDSCN9478 (resized).JPG

DSCN9476 (resized).JPGDSCN9476 (resized).JPG

Custom made message as an option incl. in the code that supports a call out known in the sound data base.

DSCN9484 (resized).JPGDSCN9484 (resized).JPG

#9208 1 year ago
Quoted from Averell:

But there's an option...
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Custom made message as an option incl. in the code that supports a call out known in the sound data base.
[quoted image]

Ok.. I'll bite. You customized code for T2? Need details please!

#9209 1 year ago
Quoted from Averell:

Nice copy of my topper
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Nice topper, looks pretty good. I wouldn’t say it’s a copy, more like an evolution

I got my idea from this. Was going to add an extra line for Los Angeles : California, but it would have been too big for the ceiling in my house.

BF53F9CD-FC80-495A-94F8-FD081AF5B541 (resized).jpegBF53F9CD-FC80-495A-94F8-FD081AF5B541 (resized).jpeg
#9210 1 year ago
Quoted from Averell:

But there's an option...

[quoted image]

When do you expect the L8.3 game rom to be available? Really want the updated profanity call out

#9211 1 year ago

@dna127: I'm just kidding... your topper looks really nice. I had the same ideas but the laser cut process was the part that restricted the results in detail, so I decided to do less and that's it. This topper is made of heavy stainless steel with some LED backlight, not connected to the machine.

The Game ROM was sent to IPDB with changelog and description, I don't know when it is available on their platform.
They were asked twice for progress but didn't response.

If PinSound is in use, there's an rearranged update (V2.1.0) available at PinSound-Community.
Profanity can be used with the latest update, and all the other players without PinSound must insert Profanity ROM U14. The old profanity Game ROM is obsolet, as well as all the other Game ROMs.
L8.3 now includes all functions from L-8, L8.1, L8.2 and even more.

#9212 1 year ago
Quoted from Averell:

Dna127: I'm just kidding... your topper looks really nice. I had the same ideas but the laser cut process was the part that restricted the results in detail, so I decided to do less and that's it. This topper is made of heavy stainless steel with some LED backlight, not connected to the machine.
The Game ROM was sent to IPDB with changelog and description, I don't know when it is available on their platform.
They were asked twice for progress but didn't response.
If PinSound is in use, there's an rearranged update (V2.1.0) available at PinSound-Community.
Profanity can be used with the latest update, and all the other players without PinSound must insert Profanity ROM U14. The old profanity Game ROM is obsolet, as well as all the other Game ROMs.
L8.3 now includes all functions from L-8, L8.1, L8.2 and even more.

this is really cool, but what does this do exactly can you give us more details as to how it works and how it affects gameplay?
Really curious and looks like it might take the game to a new level? Is this something that will be expanded upon?

#9213 1 year ago

A lot of old bugs have been fixed, incorrect spellings have been corrected and features for improved gameplay have been integrated.
Everything is done in such a way that it can also be turned off.
Besides flickering displays and LED, malfunctional target lights and drop target, the code has also been expanded, improved and also corrected in the sound area.
The ROM contains all functions of L-8, L8.1 as well as L8.2... and much more that is described in the Enhanced A.2 Adjustments.

What we can say is, that still a bug from Color-DMD remains in THEIR software regarding the animation of the Hunter Killer Ship. We gave advice how to fix that and now it's up to them to do something, or not!
An interesting fact is, that DMD from Pin2DMD are not involved with that issue, because they made a better job.
All the other things have been improved successfully.

#9214 1 year ago
Quoted from Averell:

Do you know if that sound pack would work on a Tilt Audio board?

#9215 1 year ago
Quoted from Averell:

A lot of old bugs have been fixed, incorrect spellings have been corrected and features for improved gameplay have been integrated.
Besides flickering displays and LED, malfunctional target lights and drop target, the code has also been expanded, improved and also corrected in the sound area.
The ROM contains all functions of L-8, L8.1 as well as L8.2... and much more that is described in the Enhanced A.2 Adjustments.
What we can say is, that still a bug from Color-DMD remains in THEIR software regarding the animation of the Hunter Killer Ship. We gave advice how to fix that and now it's up to them to do something, or not!
An interesting fact is, that DMD from Pin2DMD are not involved with that issue, because they made a better job.

A couple questions:
1. What are the changes that involve the "flickering displays?" I'm aware of the led ghosting patch and use it on my game, but have never heard of flickering displays.
2. I thought the profanity rom requires different sound roms as well. Does your new program rom require new sound roms for profanity as well?

#9216 1 year ago
Quoted from Averell:

I would imagine this is not compatible with current Pinsound files due to the profanity?

#9217 1 year ago

I have no experience with TiltAudio, but if it works like PinSound, it could work.
If you have no PinSound you just have to change U14 Sound ROM to have Profanity call out.
The new Game ROM has the Profanity Code included, just switch on or off as you like.
If you want to use PinSound with Profanity download V2.1.0 from PinSound-Community and enjoy.
Read the change log for more information.
The original display never worked properly and with the display patch this is fixed.
The Ghostpatch for LED is incl. too and can be switched on or off, either.

Terminator2_L8_3_ChangeLog.pdfTerminator2_L8_3_ChangeLog.pdf

A2 Feature Adjustments (Update).pdfA2 Feature Adjustments (Update).pdf

#9218 1 year ago
Quoted from Averell:

I have no experience with TiltAudio, but if it works like PinSound, it could work.
If you have no PinSound you just have to change U14 Sound ROM to have Profanity call out.
The new Game ROM has the Profanity Code included, just switch on or off as you like.
If you want to use PinSound with Profanity download V2.1.0 from PinSound-Community and enjoy.
Read the change log for more information.
The original display never worked properly and with the display patch this is fixed.
The Ghostpatch for LED is incl. too and can be switched on or off, either.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Are you on Facebook? If so, I recommend you post this in https://www.facebook.com/groups/t2pinball/

#9219 1 year ago

I'm not on Facebook.

#9220 1 year ago

Looks neat, I'd love to try it out. When will it be released?

#9221 1 year ago

It's just up to Jay when the files are released and available at IPDB.

#9222 1 year ago

Can the files just be posted/linked to here in the meantime?

#9223 1 year ago
Quoted from rvermeire:

Small ball flow issue...
When a ball is leaving the game it's shot back up thru the troughs and it pushes the closest ball to the game a bit up.
This results in the game still thinking ball is in game and not giving boni. You can see ball very close to shooter lane. If i hit the machine on the right side it falls back in place and points are counted.
Have been looking how to adjust but can't find it... it's like it's shooting the ball to strongly up to the center/right trough when entering on the left trough.
Can this be adjusted ? Will add a pic.

BUMP

#9224 1 year ago
Quoted from rvermeire:

Small ball flow issue...
When a ball is leaving the game it's shot back up thru the troughs and it pushes the closest ball to the game a bit up.
This results in the game still thinking ball is in game and not giving boni. You can see ball very close to shooter lane. If i hit the machine on the right side it falls back in place and points are counted.
Have been looking how to adjust but can't find it... it's like it's shooting the ball to strongly up to the center/right trough when entering on the left trough.
Can this be adjusted ? Will add a pic.

Have you inspected the trough return runway (https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/01-3569-1) and baffle on the runway ball guide (https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/B-8623) for any damage like cracked or broken welds? Compare the T2 runway to your CFTBL to see if the angles are all similar. You could even try swapping the outhole kicker and/or the runway parts b/n your 2 games to see if they make a difference, in order to narrow down where the issue is or what is different b/n the 2 setups.

#9225 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Have you inspected the trough return runway (https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/01-3569-1) and baffle on the runway ball guide (https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/B-8623) for any damage like cracked or broken welds? Compare the T2 runway to your CFTBL to see if the angles are all similar. You could even try swapping the outhole kicker and/or the runway parts b/n your 2 games to see if they make a difference, in order to narrow down where the issue is or what is different b/n the 2 setups.

Good to know CFTBL is similar, gonna check. Thx

#9226 1 year ago
Quoted from KrisGonzo:

I had the pleasure of filming this magnificent example today.

This T2 is ridiculously good. The level of detail, little touches, length to get it right..

Massively impressed. I hear TAF is the next game to get Ant-H attention. If this is anything to go by it is going to be epic.

Congratulations Ant, very well done sir!

#9227 1 year ago

I just wanted to chime in and say that the new animation code in L8.3 is awesome! I'm using an LCD display in my game (DMD Extender) and I had gotten so used to the flickering in the various animations that it didn't really bother me. Now that I've tried L8.3 with the new animation code I will never go back! The transitions between frames are so smooth and the difference is very noticeable. It feels more modern just due to the smoother animations. I've been running my previous rom hack of L8.1 by removing the attract sound and adding the wpc led ghost patch, but now that L8.3 includes all of that and more as user-selectable options this is the only version I'll run going forward, unless there are updates to it of course. I haven't installed the profanity rom yet and enabled that option but will be doing so very soon.

#9228 1 year ago

I was cleaning up the pop bumpers and have noticed a trouble area that I can’t figure out. On the bottom bumper the bumper chrome ring smacks right into the rubber ring on the top chrome post. It was like this when I got it. What is supposed to go here, because this can’t be right. Thanks!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#9229 1 year ago

That's correct...

before...

after...

#9230 1 year ago
Quoted from Averell:

That's correct...
before...
[quoted image]
after...
[quoted image]

Thanks! Just found it strange that the bumper would slam down and hit the rubber ring.

#9231 1 year ago

This is not the only bad design in this machine!

#9232 1 year ago
Quoted from MydknyteStyrm:

I was cleaning up the pop bumpers and have noticed a trouble area that I can’t figure out. On the bottom bumper the bumper chrome ring smacks right into the rubber ring on the top chrome post. It was like this when I got it. What is supposed to go here, because this can’t be right. Thanks!
[quoted image]

My pop bumper ring was actually scraping the side of that metal post and had worn off quite a bit of it over the years. When I did my T2 resto, I used a dremel to grind a shallow semicircle from that area of the ring and then smoothed it on a buffer. Now it comes nowhere near the metal post.

#9233 1 year ago
Quoted from Averell:

This is not the only bad design in this machine!

Since we are on the topic, has anybody found a fix for the kickback to return the ball to the top of the playfield

#9234 1 year ago

Not sure if already posted, but you have to see the bling on this T2.
topper and cabinet are next level, I can appreciate the work gone into this even if its not for me.

#9235 1 year ago
Quoted from jimjam:

Since we are on the topic, has anybody found a fix for the kickback to return the ball to the top of the playfield

From previous discussions on this thread, I don't believe the kickback is designed to specifically feed the top rollover lanes. I have seen some games get it into the top lanes but it's certainly not common. It is dependent upon the pitch of the PF and probably a matter of adjusting the outlane and chase loop ball guides to aid with the flow the ball to achieve it (assuming the kickback coil is providing enough power).

#9236 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

From previous discussions on this thread, I don't believe the kickback is designed to specifically feed the top rollover lanes. I have seen some games get it into the top lanes but it's certainly not common. It is dependent upon the pitch of the PF and probably a matter of adjusting the outlane and chase loop ball guides to aid with the flow the ball to achieve it (assuming the kickback coil is providing enough power).

I get 1 in 50 reaching the top, I think it was intended to do that.
It has a 800 coil, I was hoping somebody here might have already fine tuned that feature.
Maybe change the star post near the kickback to a thinner steel post so you can bend the outer steel strip?

#9237 1 year ago
Quoted from jimjam:

I get 1 in 50 reaching the top, I think it was intended to do that.
It has a 800 coil, I was hoping somebody here might have already fine tuned that feature.
Maybe change the star post near the kickback to a thinner steel post so you can bend the outer steel strip?

Of my 2 running machines, I've only seen it once go up into the top lanes but I'm sure it wouldn't take much to fine turn and sounds like yours is pretty close - maybe taking some slo-mo videos would help pin point where it loses momentum or needs adjusting.

Out of curiosity, I took a look at the original T2 promo video to see what the kickback did - the first doesn't make the top lanes, but think the second one does based on where Steve reaches for the ball, so there was variation even with the original promo machine.

#9238 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Of my 2 running machines, I've only seen it once go up into the top lanes but I'm sure it wouldn't take much to fine turn and sounds like yours is pretty close - maybe taking some slo-mo videos would help pin point where it loses momentum or needs adjusting.
Out of curiosity, I took a look at the original T2 promo video to see what the kickback did - the first doesn't make the top lanes, but think the second one does based on where Steve reaches for the ball, so there was variation even with the original promo machine.

Hey Manny, thanks for the response. I found this 3 year old thread on the kickback

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/terminator-2-how-far-does-the-kick-back-send-the-ball-on-your-game-#post-6089576

I might try to stiffen up the the wall on the chase loop lane and test it out, would be a game changer getting more multipliers with better flow.

checked you collection = 4 x T2

#9239 1 year ago
Quoted from jimjam:

Hey Manny, thanks for the response. I found this 3 year old thread on the kickback
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/terminator-2-how-far-does-the-kick-back-send-the-ball-on-your-game-#post-6089576
I might try to stiffen up the the wall on the chase loop lane and test it out, would be a game changer getting more multipliers with better flow.
checked you collection = 4 x T2

Lol yep I’ve got 2 in cardboard boxes - have acquired all the missing parts and had the PF’s restored and clear coated. Have stalled in restoring the cabinets but will get there eventually.

Thanks for posting the thread - might need to take a look at mine. I’m not necessarily chasing the bonus of having it go into the pops but don’t want to have any loose ball guides. Keep us posted whether tightening up the ball guides improves yours.

#9240 1 year ago

I have never seen a T2 that will reliably send the ball up to the top lanes. I have spent too much time on my own trying to adjust and still can only achieve maybe 3 out of 10. It's not a power problem. It is a geometry problem.

#9241 1 year ago

Trying to decide if I should go for pin2dmd or colordmd one T2.

I've read that the pin2dmd doesn't colorize the video mode. Other than that are they equivalent for all the other animations?

#9242 1 year ago

You should take a Pin2DMD, they made a much better job for the animation.
COLOR-DMD is still malfunctional at the Hunter Killer Ship and crosshair animation.
Test the new Game ROM L8.3 and play around with the animation setting and you will see the truth!

#9243 1 year ago

Slowly putting T2 back together

009DAEE8-4408-4695-AB4B-84923F798523 (resized).jpeg009DAEE8-4408-4695-AB4B-84923F798523 (resized).jpeg5A2ECF68-A60B-49C8-8734-3534F5461719 (resized).jpeg5A2ECF68-A60B-49C8-8734-3534F5461719 (resized).jpegDB40F211-2D77-4014-B69C-FFFACE07CCB9 (resized).jpegDB40F211-2D77-4014-B69C-FFFACE07CCB9 (resized).jpeg
#9244 1 year ago
Quoted from Averell:

Test the new Game ROM L8.3 and play around with the animation setting and you will see the truth!

Where can I get L8.3 ROM?

#9245 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

Where can I get L8.3 ROM?

Yeah, that!

#9246 1 year ago

Should be available on IPDB this week!

#9247 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

This T2 is ridiculously good. The level of detail, little touches, length to get it right..
Massively impressed. I hear TAF is the next game to get Dna127 attention. If this is anything to go by it is going to be epic.
Congratulations Ant, very well done sir!

Thanks mate, appreciate it.

#9248 1 year ago
Quoted from jimjam:

Just for fun I put a ceramic "power ball" in mine. I was quite surprised to see that it gets kicked all the way to the top of the playfield every time, despite the steel balls never doing so.

BTW, a ceramic ball fires through the right wireform like a bullet. Don't knock it till you've tried it!

#9249 1 year ago

I'm looking to add a T2 to my collection and had a couple questions... first of which is whether all playfields were Diamond Plate or not? I know this became standard on all playfields at some point around when T2 was produced, but wasn't sure when or which game exactly.

#9250 1 year ago
Quoted from AlexRogan84:

I'm looking to add a T2 to my collection and had a couple questions... first of which is whether all playfields were Diamond Plate or not? I know this became standard on all playfields at some point around when T2 was produced, but wasn't sure when or which game exactly.

Every example is Diamond Plate; T2 was the first game in this regard. That being said, T2 was a massively popular game, remaining on route for years (even in the late 2000s when pinball was dead, I still remember seeing one floating around my hometown). It can be tricky to find one with a nice playfield because of this, but they are out there.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 21.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 27.95
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.99
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 10,956 posts in this topic. You are on page 185 of 220.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/terminator-2-clubmembers-only/page/185 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.