• Topic is favorited by 274 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

53663951190_696642b1ae_c (resized).jpg
53663311748_14568d061c_c (resized).jpg
53662225557_f2e8f3ac6e_k (resized).jpg
Williams_1991_Terminator_2_Judgment_Day_Manual_-_Update.pdf (PDF preview)
A2_Feature_Adjustments_(Update).pdf (PDF preview)
Terminator2_L8_4.pdf (PDF preview)
53639132189_e8b428873f_k (resized).jpg
53639132179_2f5a4b2c09_k (resized).jpg
IMG_5447 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5475 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5462 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240401_002830006 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240401_002816443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_192714330 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_192724360 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_192719354 (resized).jpg
There are 10,956 posts in this topic. You are on page 181 of 220.
#9001 2 years ago
Quoted from gac:

^^^^^ Definitely interested

Please keep me on the list. I'm in.

#9002 2 years ago

deleted

#9003 2 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

The gun board should be soldered/mounted to the bottom of that motor where those orange wires on your machine have it hanging now. Here are a couple of pics:
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

My board doesn’t have a hole big enough to clear the white disc of the motor to mount it. Possible an aftermarket board?

#9004 2 years ago
Quoted from Gnassel:

And Eyes Version #3
[quoted image]

Is this just a static version, no movement?

#9005 2 years ago
Quoted from MydknyteStyrm:

My board doesn’t have a hole big enough to clear the white disc of the motor to mount it. Possible an aftermarket board?

The board and motor look like the original. Mine is mounted the same as jibmums

Note that the motor terminal lugs go through the PCB - so where you have wires soldered on should be holes to let the lugs come through the PCB and in doing so the inner center of the end to the motor will then be able to slide into the hole on the PCB, such that the PCB sits flush on the end of the motor. If still having issues maybe post some new pics showing the issue

#9006 2 years ago
Quoted from RGarriott:

Is this just a static version, no movement?

Here is the version from above, but additionally with tinting film. With it it is no longer so bright. If you want to install it in a topper, you can easily remove the foil again.
Again, the T800 can look in 6 different directions. From left to right and upwards.
IMG_1075 (resized).JPGIMG_1075 (resized).JPGIMG_1076 (resized).JPGIMG_1076 (resized).JPGIMG_1077 (resized).JPGIMG_1077 (resized).JPG

I will soon open a separate section so as not to bother this forum further

#9007 2 years ago

It would be nice, and not that difficult, to install a small trimpot allowing you to adjust the brightness to your liking.

#9008 2 years ago
Quoted from RGarriott:

Im still having an issue with sometimes when plunging for the skill shot and the skill shot is made, it starts multiball. I have cleaned and adjusted the plunger like had been seen in a previous post but that has not worked for me.
It happens once every few games. Anyone have a fix?
Thanks

**Solved**
Ok I finally figured it out. When you start a game and it kicks the ball to the shooter lane, if the balls in the trough do not roll forward to activate the right trough switch and you hit the skill shot you will start multiball. The balls were not advancing all the time due to the incline of the game. I had a incline of about 8 deg. and this I guess was to much for the ball advance forward. I have the game set at 6.5 deg. now and balls always advance to the right trough switch and no more rando multiball at the start of a ball.

#9009 2 years ago

Can somebody tell me if this is the correct coil sleeve for T2 flipper?

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-7066-4

#9011 2 years ago

Im currently coming to the end of my T2 restoration and thought I’d share a mod that I made a few months back but have only just got to the stage where I could install it.

Its a simple dress up mod for the start button on 90’s Bally / Williams cabinets to cover up and hopefully avoid any future ware to the decals around the start button.

I made these for all my games and each ring 3mm thick and machined from 303 stainless steel.
That way I thought it gave me different options in regards to finish depending on my games. The one on my Terminator 2 has been chrome plated to match the rest of the game.

It’s fixed in place with ultra thin 3m tape. I used the exact same spec 3m tape that comes with Cliffy protectors so it should come off.

B91C0B73-F36A-4BA0-BF25-755F7FE51425 (resized).jpegB91C0B73-F36A-4BA0-BF25-755F7FE51425 (resized).jpeg8833153F-CBCC-4AD9-A383-411A4245F537 (resized).jpeg8833153F-CBCC-4AD9-A383-411A4245F537 (resized).jpeg071E2CF7-25C2-40AA-918E-D7FD8D35845F (resized).jpeg071E2CF7-25C2-40AA-918E-D7FD8D35845F (resized).jpeg6E80D98A-740D-49B7-8365-541808A75BF0 (resized).jpeg6E80D98A-740D-49B7-8365-541808A75BF0 (resized).jpeg

#9012 2 years ago
Quoted from Ant-H:

Im currently coming to the end of my T2 restoration and thought I’d share a mod that I made a few months back but have only just got to the stage where I could install it.
Its a simple dress up mod for the start button on 90’s Bally / Williams cabinets to cover up and hopefully avoid any future ware to the decals around the start button.
I made these for all my games and each ring 3mm thick and machined from 303 stainless steel.
That way I thought it gave me different options in regards to finish depending on my games. The one on my Terminator 2 has been chrome plated to match the rest of the game.
It’s fixed in place with ultra thin 3m tape. I used the exact same spec 3m tape that comes with Cliffy protectors so it should come off.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Are you planning on selling these?

#9013 2 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

Are you planning on selling these?

If there was enough interest, yes I probably would. I’ve got a few spare at the moment.

#9014 2 years ago
Quoted from Ant-H:

If there was enough interest, yes I probably would. I’ve got a few spare at the moment.

Interested!

#9015 2 years ago

Just rebuilt my flippers a week ago and everything was great. Tonight I fire it up and the right flipper goes dead. No movement. Tests show the switch is firing on the DMD. The wires look good and connected. No idea what happened. Any ideas? Everything else works fine. Thanks for any insight.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#9016 2 years ago

Just rebuilt my flippers a week ago and everything was great. Tonight I fire it up and the right flipper goes dead. No movement. Tests show the switch is firing on the DMD. The wires look good and connected. No idea what happened. Any ideas? Everything else works fine. Thanks for any insight.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Do you have 50V at the coil lugs? If not check your fuses

#9017 2 years ago

The flipper button cabinet switch is registering as working, yes. But looking at your coil, the solder looks pretty weak and connections don’t look the greatest so I’d be willing to bet it’s that - a bad solder connection on your flipper coil on one of those 3 lugs.

#9018 2 years ago

Yes, it almost looks like the wire was just wrapped around the lug and not soldered?

#9019 2 years ago

Just rebuilt my flippers a week ago and everything was great. Tonight I fire it up and the right flipper goes dead. No movement. Tests show the switch is firing on the DMD. The wires look good and connected. No ide

Fuse blown. And pretty common issue. Unless you recap the driver board. Look in the book for the fuse number. Good luck.

#9020 2 years ago

[quoted image][quoted image]

Update. I changed the F102 fuse and the flipper works. Except when I hold it down. There’s a hum and the fuse goes. Could this be the EOS?

#9021 2 years ago

Update. I changed the F102 fuse and the flipper works. Except when I hold it down. There’s a hum and the fuse goes. Could this be the EOS?

Yes. It could also be the shoddy soldering to the flipper coil as previously mentioned.

#9022 2 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Yes. It could also be the shoddy soldering to the flipper coil as previously mentioned.

Here is how I wire my flippers, some say overkill, but I have not issues from customers

20201129_102808 (resized).jpg20201129_102808 (resized).jpg
#9023 2 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Here is how I wire my flippers, some say overkill, but I have not issues from customers
[quoted image]

Looks like your right EOS needs some adjustment... Its not closed.
And its odd that you use a plunger spring AND a pawl spring. Not typical.

#9024 2 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Looks like your right EOS needs some adjustment... Its not closed.
And its odd that you use a plunger spring AND a pawl spring. Not typical.

Nope, works perfectly and perfect. Looks can be very deceiving.

#9025 2 years ago

It was the EOS. It wasn’t opening when the flipper bar was fully engaged. A little bending and bingo.

#9026 2 years ago

Help! According to pics I find, I should mount the gate on the post found at the blue arrow, not at the red arrow as showed in my pic.
However, doing that will make the plastic rise since the gate-bracket will get in between.

Can anybody confirm that I should indeed move the gate to the blue arrow?

Thanks!

20220414_164609 (resized).jpg20220414_164609 (resized).jpg
#9027 2 years ago

I think yes. On mine, the gate is at your blue arrow. The plastic is indeed slightly higher, it sits about 2 mm above the edge of the ball guide. It doesn't look like this attachment is causing the spacing - the post at your red arrow is tall enough to create that clearance by itself.

#9028 2 years ago

I’ve just put comet leds in my T2 and noticed that 3 of the bulbs immediately flicker and not a steady on then off when in attract mode. All other bulbs seem fine.

It’s the bulb in the middle and one at the end of the below video.

I’ve tried swapping the bulbs, and they work fine in other sockets. I’ve reflowed the solder but nothing has fixed it. All 3 are connected to the J133-2 string (red/black wire). I also tried re-setting the connector but still no change.

Can anyone advise me on what is causing this?

#9029 2 years ago
Quoted from Ant-H:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That is the best coin door I have ever seen, Ant-H ! Where did you get it ?

#9030 2 years ago
Quoted from ravve:

Thanks!
[quoted image]

Here are before and after resto pics of mine, both have gate mounted where you have the blue arrow. I was concerned during reassembly also, but haven't given it a second thought since.

before (resized).jpgbefore (resized).jpgafter (resized).jpgafter (resized).jpg

#9031 2 years ago

is the mylar around the pop bumpers factory? what about right next to the drop targets on upper left pf?

#9032 2 years ago
Quoted from Zigzagzag:

That is the best coin door I have ever seen, Dna127 ! Where did you get it ?

Thanks. Morpheus is your guy.

#9033 2 years ago

Following on from my flickering led issue, I’ve just tried it in game as well and they also flicker slightly even when they should be off.

It’s the bulbs for both the left and right vault key insert. I’m really stumped as to what could be causing this.

Here’s a video of them during game play

#9034 2 years ago

Whilst trying to get to the bottom of the flickering leds, I thought I’d finally wire up my T-800 eye mods on the cabinet and back box.

5602BD55-CFDC-4C6A-894F-260CA745C146 (resized).jpeg5602BD55-CFDC-4C6A-894F-260CA745C146 (resized).jpeg765B2DA1-5204-45A3-A498-F2EF4D4B2F3E (resized).jpeg765B2DA1-5204-45A3-A498-F2EF4D4B2F3E (resized).jpeg
#9035 2 years ago
Quoted from Ant-H:

I’ve just put comet leds in my T2 and noticed that 3 of the bulbs immediately flicker and not a steady on then off when in attract mode. All other bulbs seem fine.
It’s the bulb in the middle and one at the end of the below video.
I’ve tried swapping the bulbs, and they work fine in other sockets. I’ve reflowed the solder but nothing has fixed it. All 3 are connected to the J133-2 string (red/black wire). I also tried re-setting the connector but still no change.
Can anyone advise me on what is causing this?

Looks like ghosting that can be solved via patching the rom. Shoot me a PM if you need help with this.

#9036 2 years ago
Quoted from ravve:

Help! According to pics I find, I should mount the gate on the post found at the blue arrow, not at the red arrow as showed in my pic.
However, doing that will make the plastic rise since the gate-bracket will get in between.
Thanks!
[quoted image]

Yes, it’s definitely the blue arrow. I remember I had the same dilemma when I refitted mine a couple of weeks ago.

9A4A0CB0-B6E4-4D9C-9339-FFA5F1042C31 (resized).jpeg9A4A0CB0-B6E4-4D9C-9339-FFA5F1042C31 (resized).jpeg
#9037 2 years ago

Looks like ghosting that can be solved via patching the rom. Shoot me a PM if you need help with this.

Would this still happen even with non- ghosting leds? It’s strange, I only have the problem with these certain 3 bulb sockets.

#9038 2 years ago
Quoted from Ant-H:

Would this still happen even with non- ghosting leds? It’s strange, I only have the problem with these certain 3 bulb sockets.

I'm not 100% sure but I think it's possible. I use regular LEDs without any non-ghosting features myself with the non-ghosting rom and it works extremely well.

#9039 2 years ago

I'm not 100% sure but I think it's possible. I use regular LEDs without any non-ghosting features myself with the non-ghosting rom and it works extremely well

I have comet 2 SMD in my T2 in all insert controlled lamps as well as in the GI and none of them appear to flicker. They aren’t “non-ghosting” either, just regular.

#9040 2 years ago

Missing my T2 and wanted to check in.

Question, has anyone updated the playfield hinge bracket with perhaps a later version such as that one used in IJPA or perhaps Stern?

I find Stern bracket to be the best one as it makes maintenance on a PF a lot easier, easier cleaning etc.

#9041 2 years ago

Have started repairing and making my T2 into a chrome edition - a few swear words (mistakes) but I am learning

571DE54A-9479-4728-8164-F53D9B668BB5 (resized).jpeg571DE54A-9479-4728-8164-F53D9B668BB5 (resized).jpeg30E1735A-C215-45DF-836E-974F8DD19722 (resized).jpeg30E1735A-C215-45DF-836E-974F8DD19722 (resized).jpeg13484D46-5406-42C3-B72B-6FAA8989F971 (resized).jpeg13484D46-5406-42C3-B72B-6FAA8989F971 (resized).jpeg
#9042 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Missing my T2 and wanted to check in.
Question, has anyone updated the playfield hinge bracket with perhaps a later version such as that one used in IJPA or perhaps Stern?
I find Stern bracket to be the best one as it makes maintenance on a PF a lot easier, easier cleaning etc.

Curious about this too. I really hate the service “stick”

#9043 2 years ago
Quoted from singapore_pin:

Curious about this too. I really hate the service “stick”

If and when I get a t2 this will be the first mod I’d do to it.

#9044 2 years ago

I am no longer in the club (owned it twice), so I am looking for someone in the Continental US or Canada that is willing to take pictures of my lenticular apron cards installed in their game in exchange for a free set. The first person to reply to in this thread will be the recipient.

Store Link-
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1289-youbentmywookie/06751-terminator-2-lenticular-3d-apron-cards

Simulated 3D-
T2.gifT2.gif

Videos-

#9045 2 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I am no longer in the club (owned it twice), so I am looking for someone in the Continental US or Canada that is willing to take pictures of my lenticular apron cards installed in their game in exchange for a free set. The first person to reply to in this thread will be the recipient.
Store Link-
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1289-youbentmywookie/06751-terminator-2-lenticular-3d-apron-cards
Simulated 3D-
[quoted image]
Videos-

I'm in!

#9046 2 years ago

Awesome… pm me your address!

Thanks everyone!

#9047 2 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Awesome… pm me your address!
Thanks everyone!

PM sent

1 week later
#9048 1 year ago

I have brought a pair of the T2 eyes mod from Gnassel and I can highly recommend them. He is a straight up guy and if you want to make either your skull or a custom topper more inactive this T2 eyes mod is the perfect way to go The mod is really well put together and top notch quality. Instead of using the eyes in the skull on the playfield I worked with Gnassel to be able to install them in my custom T-800 topper. He was really helpful getting the size and cable length to fit for a topper compared to the playfield skull. The eyes are really bright and even the small LED used gives more than enough light for the eyes in the topper.

Beside Gnassel's T2 eyes the topper is 3D printed with silky silver PLA to give it the metal likeness of the T-800. The base is printed in Black and then the T-800 letters are painted with silver metallic paint. The model was found on thingiverse https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3163402 and printed in 60% size of the original (the reason for this was due to limited ceiling clearance above the machine. Behind the shield is a cool white flasher installed. I also want to install a red LED strip on the back of the base to light up the wall behind in red, but I didn't have one in stock so have to wait until I get one.

Here is a couple of video of the topper in action

T2 topper1 (resized).jpgT2 topper1 (resized).jpgT2 topper2 (resized).jpgT2 topper2 (resized).jpg
#9049 1 year ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Store Link-
Simulated 3D-
[quoted image]
Videos-

I'm the lucky recipient of the T2 apron cards. I took some pictures but they really don't do these cards justice as they are hard to photograph. They really look fantastic in person.

IMG_4181 (resized).jpgIMG_4181 (resized).jpgIMG_4178 (1) (resized).jpgIMG_4178 (1) (resized).jpgIMG_4180 (resized).jpgIMG_4180 (resized).jpgIMG_4183 (resized).jpgIMG_4183 (resized).jpgIMG_4184 (resized).jpgIMG_4184 (resized).jpg

#9050 1 year ago

I have a Lighted Pinball Mods Hunter Killer ship that I can have a trusted friend being to Allentown. $75.00. PM me if interested.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 21.95
$ 39.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 27.95
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

There are 10,956 posts in this topic. You are on page 181 of 220.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/terminator-2-clubmembers-only/page/181 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.