• Topic is favorited by 274 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

53663951190_696642b1ae_c (resized).jpg
53663311748_14568d061c_c (resized).jpg
53662225557_f2e8f3ac6e_k (resized).jpg
Williams_1991_Terminator_2_Judgment_Day_Manual_-_Update.pdf (PDF preview)
A2_Feature_Adjustments_(Update).pdf (PDF preview)
Terminator2_L8_4.pdf (PDF preview)
53639132189_e8b428873f_k (resized).jpg
53639132179_2f5a4b2c09_k (resized).jpg
IMG_5447 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5475 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5462 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240401_002830006 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240401_002816443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_192714330 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_192724360 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_192719354 (resized).jpg
There are 10,956 posts in this topic. You are on page 164 of 220.
#8151 3 years ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

Where did you get that T-1000? I want one like that. I don’t need the lights, and want the transition of cop to silver look.
Here’s my HK ship mod I just finished.
[quoted image]

pinball_customs used to make them but not sure if he still does - maybe send him a PM https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/terminator-2-clubmembers-only/page/132#post-4447762

https://modfatherpinball.com/products/terminator-2-t-1000-mod

ebay.com link: Terminator 2 T2 Pinball T1000 Interactive mod - this one is with the interactive lighting

#8152 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

pinball_customs used to make them but not sure if he still does - maybe send him a PM https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/terminator-2-clubmembers-only/page/132#post-4447762
https://modfatherpinball.com/products/terminator-2-t-1000-mod
ebay.com link » Terminator 2 T2 Pinball T1000 Interactive Mod - this one is with the interactive lighting

I still make them.

Gotta say, it kinda sucks when I see other modders ripping off a mod I created..

#8153 3 years ago

I turned on attract sounds just for fun. Did you guys know these callouts were there? Very cool, someone should manipulate the sound ROMs to get these to play during payback time.

#8154 3 years ago
Quoted from thegarse:

I turned on attract sounds just for fun. Did you guys know these callouts were there? Very cool, someone should manipulate the sound ROMs to get these to play during payback time.

That's really cool. Did you have to do anything other than set A2/16 to "on"? I tried that and still get only the "clang clang" noises of the doors slamming. Maybe it's only in certain rom versions.

#8155 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball_customs:

I still make them.
Gotta say, it kinda sucks when I see other modders ripping off a mod I created..

Yeah not good form

#8156 3 years ago
Quoted from thegarse:

This may interest you....

http://www.cgmusic.net/archives.html

#8157 3 years ago

I still make them.

I bought mine from you! Looks amazing on the game.

I hate seeing the original mod creators being ripped off as well.

Ken

#8158 3 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

That's really cool. Did you have to do anything other than set A2/16 to "on"? I tried that and still get only the "clang clang" noises of the doors slamming. Maybe it's only in certain rom versions.

Usually just get the clang clang, but yes, set attract sounds to on I heard these great callouts. Takes a while for them to cycle.

#8159 3 years ago

Hadn't come across this website before - very cool

#8160 3 years ago

I still make them.

Awesome! Are they still $70usd for colour, $50usd shipped for Chrome?

I have a couple of T2 projects in the mix

#8161 3 years ago
Quoted from thegarse:

Usually just get the clang clang, but yes, set attract sounds to on I heard these great callouts. Takes a while for them to cycle.

Yep, probably just didn't wait long enough. I just heard the "I am the future" and also Arnie's shotguns blasts on mine. Your first video also had music playing, had you you just finished a game?

#8162 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Hadn't come across this website before - very cool

Chris Granner is the man!!

#8163 3 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

Yep, probably just didn't wait long enough. I just heard the "I am the future" and also Arnie's shotguns blasts on mine. Your first video also had music playing, had you you just finished a game?

No, that music came on eventually. I setup my phone to record because the sounds/music were so sparse. Since there's no way to mute the clang clang might as well leave attract mode sounds all the way on to hear these awesome callouts.

#8164 3 years ago

Got the paper template for a protector done tonight. Tomorrow I'll transfer it to the plastic and then start cutting.

IMG_7785 (resized).jpgIMG_7785 (resized).jpg
#8165 3 years ago
Quoted from thegarse:

Since there's no way to mute the clang clang

Not in the stock ROM, but it can easily be modified to remove that sound from attract mode for total silence.

#8166 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Awesome! Are they still $70usd for colour, $50usd shipped for Chrome?
I have a couple of T2 projects in the mix

Yessir but I am currently out of stock. I'll post in the group when I make some more (soon).

#8167 3 years ago
Quoted from Aphex:

did you lose the metal plate that sits below your skull too? if so how did you secure it?

I reused the bracket. I put it under the plastic it looks much better.

#8168 3 years ago

I still make them.

I like yours better. I will PM you.

#8169 3 years ago

Joined the club yesterday, re-import, lots of work to do, great price. This will be my “lockdown” project.

6ECB70D5-7035-4977-B8A0-D6707DEFB40B (resized).jpeg6ECB70D5-7035-4977-B8A0-D6707DEFB40B (resized).jpeg
#8170 3 years ago
Quoted from daveddd14:

Joined the club yesterday, re-import, lots of work to do, great price. This will be my “lockdown” project.
[quoted image]

You are On The Clock.....

#8171 3 years ago

I have a driver board from my T2 that needs a new header pin, but the board looks like this. Looks like it got hot to the point that the pads melted.

20201116_133630 (resized).jpg20201116_133630 (resized).jpg20201116_133648 (resized).jpg20201116_133648 (resized).jpg
#8172 3 years ago

Standard problem caused by power overload from the GI-bulbs and a wrong specified plug/socket combination.
If you want to fix that for ever, use these plugs.
And take a closer look to the wiring at the transformator, often it's burned, too.

DSCN5353 (resized).JPGDSCN5353 (resized).JPG

DSCN5207 (resized).JPGDSCN5207 (resized).JPG

#8173 3 years ago

Will the solder attach to the bair pads where there isn't anymore solder left? If so how do I get it to do that?

#8174 3 years ago
Quoted from smoothbore19:

Will the solder attach to the bair pads where there isn't anymore solder left? If so how do I get it to do that?

copper foil tape

#8175 3 years ago

My suggestion is, if you have the choice, send the board to an expert for repair.
He should repair the burned parts and renew the capacitors and all necessary things as well.

#8176 3 years ago

I have a rottendog in the machine. Im wanting to try and learn on this board. It was working before I took it out but the gi connection was burned. I have tested continuity on the holes with traces, on the bottom 3 of 3 good. On the top all of them are good.

#8177 3 years ago

I have a rottendog in the machine. Im wanting to try and learn on this board. It was working before I took it out but the gi connection was burned. I have tested continuity on the holes with traces, on the bottom 3 of 3 good. On the top all of them are good.

Terry's Soldering Guide thread covers doing pad work - depending upon your skill/experience it's worth reading the whole thread but here are the key posts on pad and trace repair

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/terrybs-soldering-guide-part-1/page/4#post-2768126
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/terrybs-soldering-guide-part-1/page/4#post-2768583
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/terrybs-soldering-guide-part-1/page/4#post-2773901
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/terrybs-soldering-guide-part-1/page/4#post-2773918

#8178 3 years ago

I have a driver board from my T2 that needs a new header pin, but the board looks like this. Looks like it got hot to the point that the pads melted.
[quoted image][quoted image]

New pads need to be put on the board then stitched back to the traces. If there is continuity then shear luck has done it on those bad traces. Might change when you solder new headers to it. But yes solder won’t stick to the pcb board, it only sticks to metal traces.

#8179 3 years ago

Great thread. Looks like I'll need a few more supplies. And LOTS of practice

#8180 3 years ago

I have a NASCAR driver board that is in good shape, but with some bad MosFets that I think I'll give a shot at first.

#8181 3 years ago

ok so after a year I finally got my GI working and the cannon moving!

So onto my next issue.....
My left most trough switch is broken, the one with the "hook"
hook (resized).pnghook (resized).png
(not my machine but thats the switch)
I dont have a t2 manual so I cant look up the part number, anyone have an idea? I think that being broken is whats causing my trough issues, and even if its not the fix, it still needs fixed.

EDIT : Just to clarify, that picture is NOT of my machine, just of the switch Im talking about, I grabbed the image from the photo gallery of this thread. I know its missing a diode, mine is not, mines got a broken switch actuator that snapped just short of the hook.

EDIT 2: found it
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/5647-12133-12

EDIT THREEEEEEEE: The switches were cheaper at Pinball life, but Marcos had the gun bolts I needed and shipping costs killed the idea of ordering from both vendors :/
cost (resized).pngcost (resized).png

#8182 3 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

ok so after a year I finally got my GI working and the cannon moving!
So onto my next issue.....
My left most trough switch is broken, the one with the "hook"
[quoted image]
(not my machine but thats the switch)
I dont have a t2 manual so I cant look up the part number, anyone have an idea? I think that being broken is whats causing my trough issues, and even if its not the fix, it still needs fixed.
EDIT : Just to clarify, that picture is NOT of my machine, just of the switch Im talking about, I grabbed the image from the photo gallery of this thread. I know its missing a diode, mine is not, mines got a broken switch actuator that snapped just short of the hook.
EDIT 2: found it
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/5647-12133-12

You can download a copy of the manual here https://www.ipdb.org/files/2524/Williams_1991_Terminator_2_Judgment_Day_Manual.pdf
Also useful is the parts list https://www.ipdb.org/files/2524/Williams_1991_Terminator_2_Judgment_Day_Parts_List.txt

#8183 3 years ago

a friend is sending me his (he doesnt have the machine anymore) but thanks for the links!

#8184 3 years ago

Hello boys as you are.
I have a question about my t2.
When the ball goes to the left side and activates the coil when the ball comes out it hits and doesn't come out clean.
In some cases it does.
Other not .
I thought it was the tilt and I do not solve it . Do you know what it can be? I leave pictures for you to see.

Greetings
Alex

IMG-20201119-WA0078 (resized).jpgIMG-20201119-WA0078 (resized).jpgIMG-20201119-WA0079 (resized).jpgIMG-20201119-WA0079 (resized).jpg
#8185 3 years ago
Quoted from Asanteiro:

Hello boys as you are.
I have a question about my t2.
When the ball goes to the left side and activates the coil when the ball comes out it hits and doesn't come out clean.
In some cases it does.
Other not .
I thought it was the tilt and I do not solve it . Do you know what it can be? I leave pictures for you to see.
Greetings
Alex
[quoted image][quoted image]

When the ball is kicked back into play where does it go? Typically it will run partially up the chase loop and on some machines it'll even go all the way up into the top roll over lanes.

#8186 3 years ago

Strange punch . As if it would be hard to get out . He gets stuck in the lane like this.

#8187 3 years ago

Maybe the same behaviour like F-14 backkicker, check the playfield angle sideways, often that's wrong.

#8188 3 years ago

Also check the tip of the kickback. Mine was down to metal and had no plastik left..

#8189 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

When the ball is kicked back into play where does it go? Typically it will run partially up the chase loop and on some machines it'll even go all the way up into the top roll over lanes.

Take off the apron and see what the kickback is doing during gameplay. Could be worn tip. Coil plunger bad. Divot in playfield.

#8190 3 years ago
Quoted from Asanteiro:

In some cases it does.

Check/replace the coil sleeve and plunger as they could be binding.

#8191 3 years ago

Can anyone point me to a LED list? I am either blind or there isn’t one in the thread.

TIA

#8192 3 years ago
Quoted from daveddd14:

Can anyone point me to a LED list? I am either blind or there isn’t one in the thread.
TIA

Here's the lamp list from the manual for the socket types but if you are after a list of what LEDs and colours to use this is very subjective depending upon your own personal tastes

T2 Lamps (resized).JPGT2 Lamps (resized).JPG
#8193 3 years ago

Joined the club today! My son is a Terminator fan and very happy to have one to play at our leisure...

EC5CC8C7-BABF-4FF5-B0AB-DFE1ED19B80E (resized).jpegEC5CC8C7-BABF-4FF5-B0AB-DFE1ED19B80E (resized).jpeg
#8194 3 years ago
Quoted from MasterBlaster:

Joined the club today! My son is a Terminator fan and very happy to have one to play at our leisure...[quoted image]

Welcome. Looks like you've scored a very nice looking T2!!

#8195 3 years ago

I finally got around to installing my custom ALT translight.
Lights on, machine off
T2Alt2 (resized).jpgT2Alt2 (resized).jpg
Lights off, machine on
T2Alt (resized).jpgT2Alt (resized).jpg

If you want one, Jeff West @ ArcadeXL is the only one allowed to print them. This wasnt some art snagged from a website, this was custom made for me by the very Talented Bryan Gillingham of the Artcade blog.

https://www.facebook.com/XLarcades

Just message him and tell him you want the custom t2 translight you saw on pinside.

#8196 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

The 4 mounting bolts (looks like Marco has all of these)
4 x 4700-00060-00 fw .219X.500X.063
4 x 4700-00129-00B fw .203x.468x.030 black
4 x 4010-01097-24B ms 10-32x1 1/2 t-r bttn head
4 x 4410-01132-00 nut 10-32 esn
The 4 bolts that hold it together (Marco has the bottom 4 items)
1 x 02-4546 fastner-button head - looks like everyone is out of stock. Maybe see if PPS are getting more made??
3 x 02-4547 fastner-button head 1/2" - PPS has these in stock
4 x 4702-00014-00B lw 1/4-20internal tooth-black
4 x 4702-00013-00B lw #10 internal tooth-black
4 x 4010-01097-06B ms 10-32x3/8 t-r bttn head
4 x 4700-00129-00B fw .203x.468x.030 black[quoted image]

Hey Malenko if you are still looking for the barrel screws for holding the gun trigger together then I believe these would work. Note that the original used 10-32 threads but you'll get the barrel & screw (10-24) so it doesn't matter; the other thing is that the original were black where as these are stainless steel (you could paint them but the stainless steel might look good). I haven't pulled my gun apart to measure the specific size you need - let me know if you need the sizes

https://www.mcmaster.com/tamper-resistant-torx-binding-barrels

#8197 3 years ago

Thanks but I already ordered everything from Marco per your suggestion. I was playing a game after fixing the trough switch and the left flipper died, so Im going to try and get that sorted tomorrow morning

#8198 3 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

I was playing a game after fixing the trough switch and the left flipper died, so Im going to try and get that sorted tomorrow morning

Haha yup typical - fix one thing and another thing fails. Gotta love pinball!!

#8199 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Haha yup typical - fix one thing and another thing fails. Gotta love pinball!!

Bummer, I miss the days of driving down to my local coin op dealer and buying the parts I needed and going back home and fixing my game the same day. So sad now I have to wait a week or more to fix my games now. Damn, I am an old man. Arghhhhhhhhh

#8200 3 years ago

WTB: T2 project...I have repro playfield in its way! Any leads appreciated.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 27.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 21.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 12.99
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
$ 9.95
$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 39.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

There are 10,956 posts in this topic. You are on page 164 of 220.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/terminator-2-clubmembers-only/page/164 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.