• Topic is favorited by 274 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

53663951190_696642b1ae_c (resized).jpg
53663311748_14568d061c_c (resized).jpg
53662225557_f2e8f3ac6e_k (resized).jpg
Williams_1991_Terminator_2_Judgment_Day_Manual_-_Update.pdf (PDF preview)
A2_Feature_Adjustments_(Update).pdf (PDF preview)
Terminator2_L8_4.pdf (PDF preview)
53639132189_e8b428873f_k (resized).jpg
53639132179_2f5a4b2c09_k (resized).jpg
IMG_5447 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5475 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5462 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240401_002830006 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240401_002816443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_192714330 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_192724360 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_192719354 (resized).jpg
There are 10,956 posts in this topic. You are on page 163 of 220.
#8101 3 years ago

Okay I'm thinking White is the way to go, thanks for the feedback!

pinstadium2 (resized).jpgpinstadium2 (resized).jpg
#8102 3 years ago

Way better with white. All colored GI should be a crime.

1 week later
#8103 3 years ago

I just repinned a bunch of connectors and will be re-installing the boards back into my backbox tonight. Right now I haven't fully connected all the switches and light boards underneath the playfield yet. Question - I haven't had the machine on since I brought it home, and I want to plug in the connectors and turn it on to see what kind of shape the DMD display is in, but I don't want to risk sending current anywhere it shouldn't be just in case something is in contact with something else it shouldn't be underneath the playfield. What connectors should I leave unconnected for now so as not to risk damaging anything?

#8104 3 years ago

Can anyone tell me what screws are used for the black plastic playfield rear glass channel? Length, hex or phillips, #6 or #8? Coarse thread wood screw? Thanks.

#8105 3 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

Can anyone tell me what screws are used for the black plastic playfield rear glass channel? Length, hex or phillips, #6 or #8? Coarse thread wood screw? Thanks.

I’m not sure the screw size # but definitely larger and longer than the normal silver screws found under the playfield. Wood screws about 3/4”.

#8106 3 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

I just repinned a bunch of connectors and will be re-installing the boards back into my backbox tonight. Right now I haven't fully connected all the switches and light boards underneath the playfield yet. Question - I haven't had the machine on since I brought it home, and I want to plug in the connectors and turn it on to see what kind of shape the DMD display is in, but I don't want to risk sending current anywhere it shouldn't be just in case something is in contact with something else it shouldn't be underneath the playfield. What connectors should I leave unconnected for now so as not to risk damaging anything?

Make sure you cover all solenoid wires, 75v.

#8107 3 years ago

I installed the loot skull with red eyes from Pinball Life. The ball gets caught between the jaw and the pop bumper cap, have to fix that.

0400F04A-40FE-417E-A4A8-DD72B9F25347 (resized).jpeg0400F04A-40FE-417E-A4A8-DD72B9F25347 (resized).jpeg
#8108 3 years ago
Quoted from RCSP:

I installed the loot skull with red eyes from Pinball Life. The ball gets caught between the jaw and the pop bumper cap, have to fix that.
[quoted image]

Interesting, you went with a bit of a side profile rather than straight on like the original, haven't seen that done before - was this because you wanted the different look or you didn't want to cut a hole in the back of the skull?

#8109 3 years ago
Quoted from UnclePizza:

maybe i will try other colors now that you mention it - i just felt like it was so dark in the middle of the playfield, and spotlights look tacky to me

COOL BLUE. 5000K+ for the Pin Stadiums. What color are the leds in the GI?

Quoted from RCSP:

[quoted image]

Why is your skull turned? That is why it is getting stuck....

#8110 3 years ago

Hey guys, wondering if there was ever a definitive fix for that ball rolling past the drop target problem. I've tried everything I could think of, including tightening the spring on the back, put in a brand new drop target and replaced the pull down spring.

#8111 3 years ago
Quoted from RCSP:

Make sure you cover all solenoid wires, 75v.

Just switch wiring, but everything properly twisted, soldered, and covered with heat-shrink tubing.

Quoted from RCSP:

I’m not sure the screw size # but definitely larger and longer than the normal silver screws found under the playfield. Wood screws about 3/4”.

I have a few of those ugly hardware store wood screws in the cabinet, I bet that's where they came from. Will have to replace with proper hex-heads.

#8112 3 years ago
Quoted from RCSP:

[quoted image]

Looks like you have it turned because you didnt want to cut it. Dont worry! You wont see the cut section at all. Just do it a little at a time so you can take away the least amount possible.

T2_HK_SJfix_TFP (resized).jpgT2_HK_SJfix_TFP (resized).jpg
#8113 3 years ago

Hi, another quick question. When upgrading to the L8 software is there anything else that needs to be changed? The one I'm working on has L2 installed, we can switch to L3 and it works, but when we go to L8 the game just hangs and won't boot.

edit: nevermind, turns out L8 uses a different chip!

#8114 3 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Looks like you have it turned because you didnt want to cut it. Dont worry! You wont see the cut section at all. Just do it a little at a time so you can take away the least amount possible.[quoted image]

did you lose the metal plate that sits below your skull too? if so how did you secure it?

#8115 3 years ago
Quoted from UnclePizza:

maybe i will try other colors now that you mention it - i just felt like it was so dark in the middle of the playfield, and spotlights look tacky to me

I have mine set to a cool white and my UV flasher is tied to the left saucer. Makes jackpots SUPER AWESOME!!!

#8116 3 years ago
Quoted from Scrimmbo:

Hey guys, wondering if there was ever a definitive fix for that ball rolling past the drop target problem. I've tried everything I could think of, including tightening the spring on the back, put in a brand new drop target and replaced the pull down spring.

Did you try putting foam in the skull? I did and the foam started deteriorating and it sucked. Install the loot skull and there is nowhere for the 2nd ball to go.

#8117 3 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Looks like you have it turned because you didnt want to cut it. Dont worry! You wont see the cut section at all. Just do it a little at a time so you can take away the least amount possible.[quoted image]

I was afraid those bright eyes would be too bright. I'm sure I can turn it just needs trimming.

#8118 3 years ago
Quoted from Aphex:

did you lose the metal plate that sits below your skull too? if so how did you secure it?

I used the stock stainless bracket to secure it, same mounting holes as well.

#8119 3 years ago
Quoted from RCSP:

I used the stock stainless bracket to secure it, same mounting holes as well.

do you have a better picture of that area?

#8120 3 years ago
Quoted from Aphex:

do you have a better picture of that area?

I would turn it, cut the back off like I did. 20200120_122004 (resized).jpg20200120_122004 (resized).jpg

20200120_122015 (resized).jpg20200120_122015 (resized).jpg20200120_122023 (resized).jpg20200120_122023 (resized).jpg
#8121 3 years ago

nice, how did you attach it to the horse shoe piece of metal? drill a hole and use a metal screw + bolt to secure it?

#8122 3 years ago
Quoted from Aphex:

nice, how did you attach it to the horse shoe piece of metal? drill a hole and use a metal screw + bolt to secure it?

I centered it on the metal bracket, drilled a hole and used 10-32 machine screw, washer and locknut. I also used a hot glue gun on the outside of the lower head where it meets the metal bracket to stabilize the head from side to side movement and also hide any wires.

#8123 3 years ago

Anyone do a shop job recently that could help me with these ring sizes? The rubber kit I got was wrong and I didn’t find any good documentation on exactly what size these are supposed to be. Marked them in color for an easy response.

1B4122B0-C249-43A5-9B81-C19D00C5424D (resized).jpeg1B4122B0-C249-43A5-9B81-C19D00C5424D (resized).jpeg
#8124 3 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

Anyone do a shop job recently that could help me with these ring sizes? The rubber kit I got was wrong and I didn’t find any good documentation on exactly what size these are supposed to be. Marked them in color for an easy response.
[quoted image]

#8125 3 years ago

Download the manual.

Screenshot_20201024-084546_Adobe Acrobat (resized).jpgScreenshot_20201024-084546_Adobe Acrobat (resized).jpg
#8126 3 years ago
Quoted from RCSP:

Did you try putting foam in the skull? I did and the foam started deteriorating and it sucked. Install the loot skull and there is nowhere for the 2nd ball to go.

No, the ball would get stuck on top of the first ball in the saucer, or behind the drop target. I upgraded to the latest software (L8) and turned on the drop target down during multiball option. Most of the time the second ball will come back down now, and if it does get stuck one round of ball search seems to find it.

#8127 3 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

[quoted image]

The old rubber ones may still have the size embossed if it was not worn down.

#8128 3 years ago

Sorry for the delay in my response, I forgot I'd posted here the other day so wasn't checking.

Quoted from Aphex:

Quoted from Aphex:

Quoted from eyeamred2u:

I centered it on the metal bracket, drilled a hole and used 10-32 machine screw, washer and locknut. I also used a hot glue gun on the outside of the lower head where it meets the metal bracket to stabilize the head from side to side movement and also hide any wires.

I drilled a hole in the metal bracket (that's some tough material!) and put a screw through it and into the skull. Unfortunately, the screw head was slightly blocking the ball entrance, so I elevated the skull and bracket on the black spacers.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#8129 3 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Sorry for the delay in my response, I forgot I'd posted here the other day so wasn't checking.

I drilled a hole in the metal bracket (that's some tough material!) and put a screw through it and into the skull. Unfortunately, the screw head was slightly blocking the ball entrance, so I elevated the skull and bracket on the black spacers.
[quoted image]

Need drill bits for metal,not wood drill bits. Makes a big difference.

#8130 3 years ago

anyone have a line on where I can find replacement bolts for the gun? both the mounting bolts and the ones that hold it together.

#8131 3 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

anyone have a line on where I can find replacement bolts for the gun? both the mounting bolts and the ones that hold it together.

https://www.pinballsearch.com will search all the main suppliers around the world, so easy to find these hard to source parts

You can get the part numbers from the manual and/or the parts list (https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=2524 - Documentation section)

The 4 mounting bolts (looks like Marco has all of these)
4 x 4700-00060-00 fw .219X.500X.063
4 x 4700-00129-00B fw .203x.468x.030 black
4 x 4010-01097-24B ms 10-32x1 1/2 t-r bttn head
4 x 4410-01132-00 nut 10-32 esn

The 4 bolts that hold it together (Marco has the bottom 4 items)
1 x 02-4546 fastner-button head - looks like everyone is out of stock. Maybe see if PPS are getting more made??
3 x 02-4547 fastner-button head 1/2" - PPS has these in stock
4 x 4702-00014-00B lw 1/4-20internal tooth-black
4 x 4702-00013-00B lw #10 internal tooth-black
4 x 4010-01097-06B ms 10-32x3/8 t-r bttn head
4 x 4700-00129-00B fw .203x.468x.030 black

T2 Gun Handle (resized).JPGT2 Gun Handle (resized).JPG
#8132 3 years ago

Long shot but does anyone have a new cliffy set for T2? I didn’t give myself enough time when I ordered it. Kinda at a stall on my restoration. I would send you the new kit I ordered when it arrives in a few week.

Thanks

#8133 3 years ago

So i am still having issues with the drop target but have resolved most of them. The drop target drops when hit and goes back up as it is supposed to. But i am still getting an error on switch 71. which is the drop target high switch. From what i can tell there is only one switch on the drop target and it triggers when the drop target is hit and drops. I cant find a high switch. Also it looks like only half of the skull target is visible when fully up so i am assuming thats part of the problem as well. But it still plays fine.

Any advice?

#8134 3 years ago

Anyone in need of a drop target decal? I'm going thru my pinball stuff and found a new target decal. I would prefer that this goes to someone who needs it and not someone who is going to put it in a drawer. Free, including postage. Please PM and tell me about the condition of your current decal.

Steve (in Las Vegas)

T2 decal (resized).jpgT2 decal (resized).jpg
#8135 3 years ago
Quoted from smcclain65:

So i am still having issues with the drop target but have resolved most of them. The drop target drops when hit and goes back up as it is supposed to. But i am still getting an error on switch 71. which is the drop target high switch. From what i can tell there is only one switch on the drop target and it triggers when the drop target is hit and drops. I cant find a high switch. Also it looks like only half of the skull target is visible when fully up so i am assuming thats part of the problem as well. But it still plays fine.
Any advice?

Look at your switch matrix. You have a high switch(71) and a low switch (75) these are your target switches in the game along with the drop target feature. It has been awhile since I played T2, but I believe there is a sequence for the drop target to go from low to high or vice versa using the targets on the left side of the playfield. Hopefully, a T2 regular chimes in here.

I would check all the Targets to make sure there are no broken wires or broken diodes. Do all the usual testing and inspections.

#8136 3 years ago
Quoted from Steve_in_Escalon:

Anyone in need of a drop target decal? I'm going thru my pinball stuff and found a new target decal. I would prefer that this goes to someone who needs it and not someone who is going to put it in a drawer. Free, including postage. Please PM and tell me about the condition of your current decal.
Steve (in Las Vegas)

My nearly 30 year old, never replaced decal could probably use a refresh!

(also) Steve (in Las Vegas)

#8137 3 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

My nearly 30 year old, never replaced decal could probably use a refresh!
(also) Steve (in Las Vegas)

Winner, winner, chicken dinner! Send me your address via PM and I'll drop it in the mail.

Steve G

#8138 3 years ago
Quoted from smcclain65:

Any advice?

Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Look at your switch matrix. You have a high switch(71) and a low switch (75) these are your target switches in the game along with the drop target feature. It has been awhile since I played T2, but I believe there is a sequence for the drop target to go from low to high or vice versa using the targets on the left side of the playfield. Hopefully, a T2 regular chimes in here.
I would check all the Targets to make sure there are no broken wires or broken diodes. Do all the usual testing and inspections.

The drop target has a single switch (77). The switches 71-75 are the 5 white standup targets you shoot from the plunger or cannon (the high refers to high up on the PF ie target closest to the skull; equally low refers to the target lowest on the PF ie closest to the flippers) - these are not associated with the drop target.

If switch 77 is closed the target is down, if it is open the target is up. smcclain65 you mention that only half of the skull target is visible, so I think the target is not being physically held up correctly - the coil plunger pushes the target up and it should clip onto a small ledge (#14 Stop Target) that holds it up, the ball then knocks it off that ledge and the spring pulls the target down. So I'd remove the target from under the PF so that it makes it easier to check and work on.

Manually push the plunger up - this will push the drop target (#1) up and it should clip on the Stop Target (#14). If the target is not staying up on the Stop Target, this might be because the Stop Target is worn/missing or the little wedge on the back of the drop target that sits on the Stop Target is worn or the other possibly is that the spring (#10) isn't keeping the drop target pushed forward such that it can hang off the Stop Target. If working correctly the drop target will be hanging off the Stop Target and you can let the coil plunger fall back down, the switch (#19) should now be in the open position ie the target is up (if you manually push the switch arm down you should hear it click as the switch closes). Now the simulate the ball hitting the target, simply knock the target - this will push the target off the Stop Target and spring (#17) will pull the target down, there is a tab on the drop target that will push the switch arm down and it doing so closes the switch ie the target is down.

Let us know how you get on

Single Drop Target (resized).JPGSingle Drop Target (resized).JPG
#8139 3 years ago

Played a late game last night in the garage and things got really crazy! Lots of Super Jackpots, back to back.

IMG_8414.JPGIMG_8414.JPG
#8140 3 years ago

Anyone have pictures of where the wires come in that feed the pop bumpers , the GI near the cannon, and the cannon?

Im trying to iron out the last of the bugs and I cant find my "before playfield swap" pictures.

#8141 3 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Anyone have pictures of where the wires come in that feed the pop bumpers , the GI near the cannon, and the cannon?
Im trying to iron out the last of the bugs and I cant find my "before playfield swap" pictures.

No problem. Just finished bottom side.

The GI for the pops came a little short in my opinion so I made extensions. One wire goes to the tie point in the middle then the other goes to the front most lead (closest the player) which should be tied with a wire to the other two leads.

Let me know if you need the cannon motor and pictures.

4CCCF4C9-1B2C-4D77-BA4D-206420E7FA8C (resized).jpeg4CCCF4C9-1B2C-4D77-BA4D-206420E7FA8C (resized).jpeg5B1712AA-4927-4CF1-B905-EFE29499BBA9 (resized).jpeg5B1712AA-4927-4CF1-B905-EFE29499BBA9 (resized).jpeg8CDA4AF0-8EAD-4AF5-9883-3CE3641C6BF6 (resized).jpeg8CDA4AF0-8EAD-4AF5-9883-3CE3641C6BF6 (resized).jpegAC58D211-C699-4DB5-8687-2931482D7C44 (resized).jpegAC58D211-C699-4DB5-8687-2931482D7C44 (resized).jpeg
#8142 3 years ago

For those that have installed the new repro playfields ... how are they holding up? Do they need more clearcoat or is the playfield holding up factory direct?

#8143 3 years ago

Hey guys, would a couple of you mind checking out the thread that holds down this end of the left rear metal wall (circled in yellow) on your T2's and tell me if it has a washer between the playfield and the wall? Mine does, and I'm sure it's original, no idea why it would be there though unless it's a mistake. You can see the washer in the photo, and yes there's the also the usual washer underneath the playfield as well. Maybe it kept that end of the wall from digging into the playfield?

washer (resized).jpgwasher (resized).jpg

#8144 3 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

Hey guys, would a couple of you mind checking out the thread that holds down this end of the left rear metal wall (circled in yellow) on your T2's and tell me if it has a washer between the playfield and the wall? Mine does, and I'm sure it's original, no idea why it would be there though unless it's a mistake. You can see the washer in the photo, and yes there's the also the usual washer underneath the playfield as well. Maybe it kept that end of the wall from digging into the playfield?
[quoted image]

Yes mine has the washer as well. Washers under a ball guide is used to either protect the PF from the ball guide being pulled down too tight and cutting into the PF, or to address alignment of components (although this I don't believe this is the case here).

You can clearly see it in the below tear down pic

T2 tear down (resized).jpgT2 tear down (resized).jpg
#8145 3 years ago
Quoted from tezting:

Hi,
I know every one has there own taste. But I really dont get this.
By doing this everything gets the same Cyan color? You cant see the artwork at all? Or am I missing something?
In my eyes it does not make anything "pop". Its just like watching black and white tv.

I dunno - I find it interesting... everyone likes different things and if he decides he doesn't like it he can always change the color

#8146 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Yes mine has the washer as well. Washers under a ball guide is used to either protect the PF from the ball guide being pulled down too tight and cutting into the PF, or to address alignment of components (although this I don't believe this is the case here).
You can clearly see it in the below tear down pic
[quoted image]

Yup, yours has it on the left side but not on the right side, just like mine. Guess it's staying. Thanks for checking.

Added over 3 years ago:

Hey @Manny65, I found your album of T2 teardown photos online. It's been very helpful in instances where I didn't take pix of details but should have. Here's a link if it will help anyone -
http://creamyeagle.blogspot.com/2014/05/terminator-2-pinball-tear-down.html

#8147 3 years ago

Terminator 2 mantle edition roughly 1/24 size about 5” tall
3C399CF1-35AA-4548-837D-34D0B9AD987C (resized).jpeg3C399CF1-35AA-4548-837D-34D0B9AD987C (resized).jpeg
6D67C1BD-2B96-4E79-8317-EB43B3F30C9D (resized).jpeg6D67C1BD-2B96-4E79-8317-EB43B3F30C9D (resized).jpeg
2C812B01-08E0-4BF8-AA55-07561EBAE181 (resized).jpeg2C812B01-08E0-4BF8-AA55-07561EBAE181 (resized).jpeg

#8148 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Terminator 2 mantle edition roughly 1/24 size about 5” tall

Cute. Elaborate?

#8149 3 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Cute. Elaborate?

Ever seen the paper pinbal models? Its one of those.

#8150 3 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

My resto mods so far...Hunter ship is next[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Where did you get that T-1000? I want one like that. I don’t need the lights, and want the transition of cop to silver look.

Here’s my HK ship mod I just finished.

76DC64CC-ECB6-4541-8DE7-68071F6D2A1B (resized).jpeg76DC64CC-ECB6-4541-8DE7-68071F6D2A1B (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 21.95
$ 12.99
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
$ 9.95
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 27.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 10,956 posts in this topic. You are on page 163 of 220.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/terminator-2-clubmembers-only/page/163?hl=luckdragon100 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.