• Latest reply 2 hours ago by Averell
  • Topic is favorited by 274 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

53663311748_14568d061c_c (resized).jpg
53662225557_f2e8f3ac6e_k (resized).jpg
Williams_1991_Terminator_2_Judgment_Day_Manual_-_Update.pdf (PDF preview)
A2_Feature_Adjustments_(Update).pdf (PDF preview)
Terminator2_L8_4.pdf (PDF preview)
53639132189_e8b428873f_k (resized).jpg
53639132179_2f5a4b2c09_k (resized).jpg
IMG_5447 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5475 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5462 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240401_002830006 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240401_002816443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_192714330 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_192724360 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_192719354 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
There are 10,950 posts in this topic. You are on page 155 of 219.
#7701 4 years ago

Kinda a dumb question but how hard is a playfield swap on this game. I got some planking in certain spots, chipping graphics on the inserts and such. Are the new playfields as good as the original. Would i be better off getting the current one restored?

#7702 4 years ago

Just added a new ship looks awesome. Thanks to lighted pinball mods for making the best ship for the game. It has blue engine lighting top and bottom of each engine, red tail lights and white spot lights on the front. Movie accurate.

20200130_222607 (resized).jpg20200130_222607 (resized).jpg20200130_223032 (resized).jpg20200130_223032 (resized).jpg20200130_223123 (resized).jpg20200130_223123 (resized).jpg
#7703 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob-T-800:

ust added a new ship looks awesome. Thanks to lighted pinball mods

Dang. Looks like you got the last one! Checked their website and they don’t list anything for T2. Bummer. Mine just has a led light strip under it, nice little glow, but not nearly as nice as yours. Jealous.

#7704 4 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Dang. Looks like you got the last one! Checked their website and they don’t list anything for T2. Bummer. Mine just has a led light strip under it, nice little glow, but not nearly as nice as yours. Jealous.

Contact them that's what i did. They still make them.
Its very sturdy and solid.

#7705 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob-T-800:

Contact them that's what i did. They still make them.
Its very sturdy and solid.

What is their website? And what was the cost?

#7706 4 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

What is their website? And what was the cost?

Lightedpinballmods.com and 107.99 i think its worth it, its the best and most accurate one ive found and its solid so if the ball happens to hit it it won't damage it.

#7707 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob-T-800:

Lightedpinballmods.com and 107.99 i think its worth it, its the best and most accurate one ive found and its sold so if the ball happens to hit it it won't damage it.

Thank you, I have a die cast version, but lighting it would be a pain in the rear end

#7708 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob-T-800:

Kinda a dumb question but how hard is a playfield swap on this game. I got some planking in certain spots, chipping graphics on the inserts and such. Are the new playfields as good as the original. Would i be better off getting the current one restored?

I am in the middle of the process and was in the same situation.
Restoration nearly costed the same as the new playfield. I bought a new and have not regretted it. Inserts are bright and nice etc. not cloudy etc. as a restored one typical have. Overall it’s great quality repro.
This is my first playfield swap. I don’t find it hard. Just time consuming. (Polishing and cleaning all the parts)

#7709 4 years ago

Does anyone know what you actually get for SPECIAL in the Database Mode? It hits the knocker and does a huge light show every time, but I still have no idea what's SPECIAL points-wise or otherwise beyond that, haha. Thanks. G

#7710 4 years ago
Quoted from Luckdragon100:

Does anyone know what you actually get for SPECIAL in the Database Mode? It hits the knocker and does a huge light show every time, but I still have no idea what's SPECIAL points-wise or otherwise beyond that, haha. Thanks. G

That depends on your settings. Traditionally it's a replay (which is probably what yours is on, since it hits the knocker). Since mine's at home in a free play environment, a replay is worthless, so I have it set to Points. See manual page 1-11 (https://www.ipdb.org/files/2524/Williams_1991_Terminator_2_Judgment_Day_Manual.pdf) , standard adjustment 15 -- you can set the special for Credit (replay), Ticket, Ball (extra ball), or Points (1M).

Edit: Yes, hearing the knocker definitely has value too, but at home it's all about the high scores!

#7711 4 years ago

Really helpful, thanks!

#7712 4 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

That depends on your settings. Traditionally it's a replay (which is probably what yours is on, since it hits the knocker). Since mine's at home in a free play environment, a replay is worthless, so I have it set to Points. See manual page 1-11 (https://www.ipdb.org/files/2524/Williams_1991_Terminator_2_Judgment_Day_Manual.pdf) , standard adjustment 15 -- you can set the special for Credit (replay), Ticket, Ball (extra ball), or Points (1M).
Edit: Yes, hearing the knocker definitely has value too, but at home it's all about the high scores!

Really helpful, thanks!

#7713 4 years ago

It came and it looks amazing. I need to get better bulbs and different colors now. I have some fire leds ill use too.

20200208_101827 (resized).jpg20200208_101827 (resized).jpg20200208_101848 (resized).jpg20200208_101848 (resized).jpg20200208_101942 (resized).jpg20200208_101942 (resized).jpg
#7714 4 years ago

Anyone know what the deal is with the cpr mirrored glass being gone from their site just sold out temporarily or no longer available? Have tried reaching out to them with no response. Would love to add one to my restoration i just did

#7715 4 years ago
Quoted from Drickey86:

Anyone know what the deal is with the cpr mirrored glass being gone from their site just sold out temporarily or no longer available? Have tried reaching out to them with no response. Would love to add one to my restoration i just did

https://classicplayfields.com/shop/pinball-backglasses/t2-glass/

#7716 4 years ago

Thanks ,i have no clue why it wouldn't pull up on my iphone by just going to the backglasses odd but thanks!

#7717 4 years ago
Quoted from Drickey86:

Thanks ,i have no clue why it wouldn't pull up on my iphone by just going to the backglasses odd but thanks!

No problem man. Glad i could help.

#7718 4 years ago

Here it is with the bulbs i had in there for the original translite.

20200208_161053 (resized).jpg20200208_161053 (resized).jpg
#7719 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob-T-800:

Here it is with the bulbs i had in there for the original translite.

The game looks terrifying! Both the translite and topper look like the terminator is coming right out at you! Nice!

#7720 4 years ago

Ok I have a question, my friend just noted to me that my T2 lights are counting down, and not counting up for the orbit shots. 10 million will be flashing, but when you collect it, you get security pass. And so on. Even in attract mode, the lights are flashing down towards the player. Seems like there is a wire backwards. Any idea on which ones? Other that that, the game plays perfect. It’s just those specific lights seem to be going backwards on both orbit shots.

Thank you!

#7721 4 years ago

that goes to a PCB under the playfield that I think can only plug in 1 way, so the PCB must be upside down

#7722 4 years ago

Figured it out. I’m dumb. When I took off all the light boards to clean all the inserts, I installed the light boards for the orbit shots upside down. Looked on IPdB for a picture and yep, boards were upside down. Now it works as should! Yay.

#7723 4 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

The game looks terrifying! Both the translite and topper look like the terminator is coming right out at you! Nice!

Thanks!! Yea i love the look of the topper reminds me of the end of the first terminator where its crawling at Sarah connor

#7724 4 years ago

Anyone here brought the T2 mirrored backglass from CPR? How good is it? Is it worth the price?

#7725 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Anyone here brought the T2 mirrored backglass from CPR? How good is it? Is it worth the price?

The products are top notch. What are your other options? If you like the mirror effect it is worth it. I have put several of their mirrored backglasses in games, makes it sparkle

#7726 4 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

The products are top notch. What are your other options? If you like the mirror effect it is worth it. I have put several of their mirrored backglasses in games, makes it sparkle

I just love the T2 translite, it’s one of my favourites in pinball so I’ve been thinking about getting one to put up on the wall and light from the back. Mainly curious how good the mirror effect is; do you have any pics of yours? Thanks.

#7727 4 years ago

Hi all. I've been playing the crap out of my T2 lately, and I broke the link on my crank assembly for my left flipper.

I'm been looking online and I think the part I need is "Williams Plunger, Link & Crank Assembly - Left, Early WPC" but it seems to be out of stock everywhere I look.

Any suggestions? Thanks a bunch! G
IMG_6191 (resized).JPGIMG_6191 (resized).JPGIMG_6197 (resized).JPGIMG_6197 (resized).JPG

#7728 4 years ago

I broke the link on my crank assembly for my left flipper.

Marco has them in stock, here is the link:

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-15848-L

Or buy the whole rebuild kit. Can’t hurt:

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/WFLKIT

I always rebuild my flippers with new components whenever I bring a used game home. Just good peace of mind.

#7729 4 years ago

If you don't want to do a total rebuild or even replace the crank assembly, you can just replace the plunger:

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-10656

Heck, technically all you need to replace is the link, but then you 'd have to punch out the roll pin, which is a pain in the ass.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-8050-1

#7730 4 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

If you don't want to do a total rebuild or even replace the crank assembly, you can just replace the plunger:
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-10656
Heck, technically all you need to replace is the link, but then you 'd have to punch out the roll pin, which is a pain in the ass.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-8050-1

Really helpful, thanks! And thanks @jetmechinnc.

#7731 4 years ago

Hi,

The canon on my T2 has stopped firing the ball. The canon does rotate. Running in test mode, the plunger/kicker activates -- but when playing the game, the gun doesn't trigger the plunger/kicker in the canon. The canon just rotates and rotates, never firing the ball. The gun *does work* because it fires the ball to start the game.

I checked the wiring into the canon. There are no loose connections. I did not try a multimeter yet.

Any advice?

#7732 4 years ago
Quoted from grimholtz:

Hi,
The canon on my T2 has stopped firing the ball. The canon does rotate. Running in test mode, the plunger/kicker activates -- but when playing the game, the gun doesn't trigger the plunger/kicker in the canon. The canon just rotates and rotates, never firing the ball. The gun *does work* because it fires the ball to start the game.
I checked the wiring into the canon. There are no loose connections. I did not try a multimeter yet.
Any advice?

Is it rotating all the time or just when the ball is in the cannon? I’ve had an issue in the past where the gun would rotate all the time. The home switch for the cannon wasn’t making a good contact so it would just keep spinning.

#7733 4 years ago

I am really starting to get annoyed about the poor quality of reproduction parts.
First I had the decal for the drop target that was *hit. But now I also have a speaker panel that is *hit. Colors are off (Way to bright) and printet text are blurry etc.
Why do they make so bad reproductions? Its not like the technology has gotten worse the last 30 years! "!#€%"#€%

If anyone know where to get OK reproductions of:
1. Drop target decal.
2. Speaker panel.

Please please please let me know

#7734 4 years ago
Quoted from tezting:

I am really starting to get annoyed about the poor quality of reproduction parts.
First I had the decal for the drop target that was *hit. But now I also have a speaker panel that is *hit. Colors are off (Way to bright) and printet text are blurry etc.
Why do they make so bad reproductions? Its not like the technology has gotten worse the last 30 years! "!#€%"#€%
If anyone know where to get OK reproductions of:
1. Drop target decal.
2. Speaker panel.
Please please please let me know

I feell your pain, it's really disappointing when the item you've bought (including paying $$ for shipping) turns out to be such poor quality ... you don't want to use it and nor do you want to sell it to someone else. And how many times do you try in sourcing a product to get what you should have got the first time round?

I'll have to double check my speaker panel and target decal I have ready for use and see how they compare

#7735 4 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

I feell your pain, it's really disappointing when the item you've bought (including paying $$ for shipping) turns out to be such poor quality ... you don't want to use it and nor do you want to sell it to someone else. And how many times do you try in sourcing a product to get what you should have got the first time round?
I'll have to double check my speaker panel and target decal I have ready for use and see how they compare

Exactly! Its waste of time and money and worst of all its frustrating.
I bought the speaker panel 4 years ago and was excited to be ready to install it... Now I feel like burning it or driving over it with a car.
When speaking to shops who sell it. It is like they know it is crap, but they rather sell crap than nothing. I guess some people dont care og they dont get enough complaints...

#7736 4 years ago

That's why it's always good to pay in a way you can get a refund....

#7737 4 years ago

Hey all. I'm pretty new to repairs etc, but the link on my flipper broke, so I replaced it and the plunger tonight, but I must have screwed something up because the flipper sticks in the up position (left). It still gets power and flips, but it stays up like this. Any thoughts on what I screwed up? Thanks!

IMG_6209 (resized).JPGIMG_6209 (resized).JPGIMG_6217 (resized).JPGIMG_6217 (resized).JPG
#7738 4 years ago

Hey all. I'm pretty new to repairs etc, but the link on my flipper broke, so I replaced it and the plunger tonight, but I must have screwed something up because the flipper sticks in the up position (left). It still gets power and flips, but it stays up like this. Any thoughts on what I screwed up? Thanks![quoted image][quoted image]

The EOS switch (you can see this in your 2nd pic - it's the leaf switch that is to the right of the coil and below the yellow capacitor) is not adjusted correctly. When the flipper is activated the plunger will be pulled into the coil and as the flipper mech rotates there is a small arm that will connect with the leaf switch separating the switch contact. Maybe you've accidentally bent the leaf switch such that it is no longer contacting when the flipper is down - you should be able to compare to the other flipper as a reference. Below is the EOS setting from the manual

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#7739 4 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

The EOS switch (you can see this in your 2nd pic - it's the leaf switch that is to the right of the coil and below the yellow capacitor) is not adjusted correctly. When the flipper is activated the plunger will be pulled into the coil and as the flipper mech rotates there is a small arm that will connect with the leaf switch separating the switch contact. Maybe you've accidentally bent the leaf switch such that it is no longer contacting when the flipper is down - you should be able to compare to the other flipper as a reference. Below is the EOS setting from the manual[quoted image]

Thanks for the tip. I'm pretty sure I bent it when I was trying to get the new parts screwed in. I tried to bend it back, but I guess I did it improperly. I'll play around with it! Thanks. G

#7740 4 years ago

If you get a new playfield. Make sure to get new plastic as well. I am glad I did!
The colors are matching so much better than my camera can catch.

26DA856C-5690-4F13-A383-1ADA5EF3085A (resized).jpeg26DA856C-5690-4F13-A383-1ADA5EF3085A (resized).jpeg50EDC2F3-29EB-477A-BF04-30C72565332C (resized).jpeg50EDC2F3-29EB-477A-BF04-30C72565332C (resized).jpeg5B67631B-AD28-4A29-9974-D96F56F5CE2B (resized).jpeg5B67631B-AD28-4A29-9974-D96F56F5CE2B (resized).jpeg
#7741 4 years ago
Quoted from tezting:

If you get a new playfield. Make sure to get new plastic as well. I am glad I did!
The colors are matching so much better than my camera can catch.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

What are you doing with old plastics? Selling any?

#7742 4 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

What are you doing with old plastics? Selling any?

Yes, all.

#7743 4 years ago

I am.just looking for the clear plastic that goes around the skull.

#7744 4 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

I am.just looking for the clear plastic that goes around the skull.

You can buy it here https://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/31-1-50013-8.html

Or if you want something more local to you then you can buy a set of the T2 clear plastics (5 in total) that includes the one you are after plus the 3 triangular plastics for ball hangs and an switch actuator guide for the drop target (WMS putthis on later games that used the drop target mech obviously to address issues that they'd seen out on site)
https://www.pinballdecals.com/PartsByGamePages/T2_Page.html
https://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_41&products_id=456&zenid=7bc72b65af984789d82c3d0920988df1

#7745 4 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

You can buy it here https://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/31-1-50013-8.html
Or if you want something more local to you then you can buy a set of the T2 clear plastics (5 in total) that includes the one you are after plus the 3 triangular plastics for ball hangs and an switch actuator guide for the drop target (WMS putthis on later games that used the drop target mech obviously to address issues that they'd seen out on site)
https://www.pinballdecals.com/PartsByGamePages/T2_Page.html
https://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_41&products_id=456&zenid=7bc72b65af984789d82c3d0920988df1

Thanks, already know about those sites. Just really need the large skull plastic

#7746 4 years ago

Need help from this awesome club!

The two top black spacers used where I marked with yellow. What size should they be? On my machine two different lengths are used...
Maybe a image from the side would also be very help full.

IMG_7827 (resized).jpgIMG_7827 (resized).jpgspacer (resized).pngspacer (resized).png
#7747 4 years ago

It´s the same on mine...pretty sure it was like that from the factory (mine seems to be untouched-no rsteo done before)

#7748 4 years ago
Quoted from harig:

It´s the same on mine...pretty sure it was like that from the factory (mine seems to be untouched-no rsteo done before)

Factory is what you have. On mine it was changed to the short posts. If your ramp sits higher, use the taller post, if it sits shorter like mine, use the short posts

#7749 4 years ago

Thank you both. Sound like it’s original to have both sizes at once so it will have an angle.

I have another question that I hope to get help with. The spacer over the flasher does not do anything at all. But it was like that when I disassembled it?
The whole skull area seems a little strange. If someone has pictures around the skull please share them.

6C4A3C86-05C5-4B62-8505-2B01807261FF (resized).jpeg6C4A3C86-05C5-4B62-8505-2B01807261FF (resized).jpeg
#7750 4 years ago

I think your spacer is just mounted the wrong direction-should be on the topside of the plastic

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 27.95
$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 21.95
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 9.95
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,950 posts in this topic. You are on page 155 of 219.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/terminator-2-clubmembers-only/page/155 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.