• Topic is favorited by 274 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

53663951190_696642b1ae_c (resized).jpg
53663311748_14568d061c_c (resized).jpg
53662225557_f2e8f3ac6e_k (resized).jpg
Williams_1991_Terminator_2_Judgment_Day_Manual_-_Update.pdf (PDF preview)
A2_Feature_Adjustments_(Update).pdf (PDF preview)
Terminator2_L8_4.pdf (PDF preview)
53639132189_e8b428873f_k (resized).jpg
53639132179_2f5a4b2c09_k (resized).jpg
IMG_5447 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5475 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5462 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240401_002830006 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240401_002816443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_192714330 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_192724360 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_192719354 (resized).jpg
There are 10,956 posts in this topic. You are on page 147 of 220.
#7301 4 years ago
Quoted from smiley:

Try reseating the connectors on all boards.

Beat ya to the punch. I gave all the connectors a good reseating, including the ribbon cables. The DMD was also in known good working order with no visible dark spots or ghosting before the game stopped booting, so I'd be surprised if it was the display itself that conked out, but anything's possible I guess. Gotta do a little more testing with the multimeter when I have some free time but after reading what I can find on the internet, it seems like I might have some dead transistors/some burning going on maybe

#7302 4 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

Can anyone tell me how far their loop kicker kicks the ball out? If you make a loop shot from the left side of the playfield, the ball will be locked and then kicked back out. I swear last time I played on in the wild it would kick the ball all the way back out that left loop. Mine kind seems to have a hard time and the ball only makes it into the lane section at the top center of the playfield and then goes down into the bumpers. It seems like it wants to shoot the ball out the left loop but either doesn't have enough power or something isn't aligned right.

Your game is working correctly, that is just an outhole kicker, not a rocket launcher... The ball should come thru a return lane when ejected.

Quoted from fatality83:

Also any ideas why the shooter rod would stay out after it plunges the ball? It's not a coil locking on, the slightest vibration on the cabinet will get the plunger to retract back in. Do I need a new coil sleeve?

Return spring is missing, broken, worn out and/or deformed.

#7303 4 years ago
Quoted from nugsy:

My T2 won't boot and I am having some trouble figuring out where to start. It turns on, everything lights up except the DMD, and you can hear the game go into attract mode through the speakers with the *thud thud* sound. However, you cannot start a game - something that I was told indicates that the machine is not booting up properly.
I checked all the display connectors in the head and none of them were burned or obviously broken. I didn't have a ton of time today, but I took my multimeter and measured the voltage of the J604 connector from the display driver board to the DMD. Every rail except for +5V was giving out crazy numbers. The +5V pin was seemingly totally unaffected and was stable at 4.98V during attract mode.
How should I continue to trace this issue further when I get a little more time this week? Should I check the voltage on the pins going to the display driver board from the power driver board? I feel like it has to be an issue with the display driver rather than the power driver since the rest of the game seems to come alive just fine. I checked the fuse panels and did not see any blown fuses. If there is anything I can take a picture of to help, please let me know, the extent of my repair work so far has been reflowing lamp sockets and resoldering bad joints on the stand up target banks.

What were the crazy numbers? First step is to confirm proper voltages are being supplied by the DMD driver board. Make sure to set your meter on the proper range. There should be over 100V DC there. Be careful!

Check with your meter, all the fuses on the DMD board to make sure they are good.

If you are getting attract sounds and attract patterns in the inserts on the playfield, the game is booting and your problem is a display issue.

1 week later
#7304 4 years ago

My plastics are yellowed slightly from either smoke or sun damage I am not sure. What would be the best thing to try and bring these back mean green and some novus?

#7305 4 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

My plastics are yellowed slightly from either smoke or sun damage I am not sure. What would be the best thing to try and bring these back mean green and some novus?

That's about it. I have never had any luck getting the yellow out of plastics besides cleaning the best you can. i have tried everything from bleach solution to oxy clean and nothing works for me except buying a repro set.

#7306 4 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

That's about it. I have never had any luck getting the yellow out of plastics besides cleaning the best you can. i have tried everything from bleach solution to oxy clean and nothing works for me except buying a repro set.

Dang that sucks, and repos are not available anymore I don't think. I know marco sells or or two pieces but from what I have heard the colors are off on them

#7307 4 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

I have bought a licensed set and it looks great. There are some still in stock fx. Here https://www.ministryofpinball.com/en/catalog/product/view/id/7695/s/terminator-2-plastic-set/category/155/

#7308 4 years ago
Quoted from tezting:

I have bought a licensed set and it looks great. There are some still in stock fx. Here https://www.ministryofpinball.com/en/catalog/product/view/id/7695/s/terminator-2-plastic-set/category/155/

You can get them right from Peter: [email protected]

I put a set on mime and they are perfect!

#7309 4 years ago

Couple years ago someone posted how to get the yellow out of plastics...it’s a chemical reaction you need...so no “normal” cleaner will work...you need to mix a few things together...I’ll try to find the thread.............Joey

#7310 4 years ago

Here it is.....!!!...bu bye yellow plastics....!!!..........Joey
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/say-goodbye-to-old-yellowed-plastics

#7311 4 years ago
Quoted from jjoravec:

Also looking for a.picture of this connector coming from the displays on the backbox panel. Someone hack this together and I want to fix it.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Can anyone help with with a picture of the connector coming of the backbox lights? Last thing I need to finish this restore.

#7312 4 years ago
Quoted from jjoravec:

Can anyone help with with a picture of the connector coming of the backbox lights? Last thing I need to finish this restore.

60A14E34-51FB-4634-9307-46CB0F82041B (resized).jpeg60A14E34-51FB-4634-9307-46CB0F82041B (resized).jpegFC8EA64F-C522-45A9-AE26-367209B7BAD1 (resized).jpegFC8EA64F-C522-45A9-AE26-367209B7BAD1 (resized).jpeg
#7313 4 years ago

Anyone interested in an ALT translight? All original hand drawn art and would be $110 shipped in the CONTUS
2019-06-20 (resized).jpg2019-06-20 (resized).jpg

I'll get a pic with it on my T2 when I get a chance to run over to storage and hook it up.

#7314 4 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Anyone interested in an ALT translight? All original hand drawn art and would be $110 shipped in the CONTUS
[quoted image]
I'll get a pic with it on my T2 when I get a chance to run over to storage and hook it up.

I am

#7315 4 years ago

False alarm on my T2 I think.....big thank you to the people who replied with some advice. I pulled the board and the F602 fuse looks totally fine but tests dead. In between the game failing for the first time and grabbing the meter a week later, I didn't test the fuses til I had time to pull the board out today to start going through the surface mount components. Fuses were the first thing I checked and sure enough one was dead - that explains the -125 and -113 rails being dead and I bet if I toss a replacement 3/8A slow blow in there it will come alive once again.

Now I just need to redo the burnt GI headers...then we'll be looking good

#7316 4 years ago

Here's an idea of another topper design for the T2, made of stainless steel.
Not again a damned head - I'm fed up with these.

DSCN6807 (resized).JPGDSCN6807 (resized).JPG

#7317 4 years ago

I'm going to ensure fitment , and snap some pix of it lit up, yours will be the first order filled if you still want one This is probably going to be a very limited run,maybe 50 total

#7318 4 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

[quoted image]

That will look dope with flashers in it!

#7319 4 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

I'm going to ensure fitment , and snap some pix of it lit up, yours will be the first order filled if you still want one This is probably going to be a very limited run,maybe 50 total

Awesome can't wait to see it. I have some fire leds to use that i have in my current translite. Its got some spots i had to touch up and was filthy when i got it.

#7320 4 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

[quoted image]

Great work! Any plans of making any to sell?

#7321 4 years ago

Not for sale, the bodywork was done by another pinhead.
I have to prepare wiring and lights... will be unique.

#7322 4 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

What were the crazy numbers? First step is to confirm proper voltages are being supplied by the DMD driver board. Make sure to set your meter on the proper range. There should be over 100V DC there. Be careful!
Check with your meter, all the fuses on the DMD board to make sure they are good.
If you are getting attract sounds and attract patterns in the inserts on the playfield, the game is booting and your problem is a display issue.

OK so the F602 fuse was a good place to start, but not the solution. The replacement fuse I put in there blew immediately when I turned the game on. I am still getting attract sounds/flashers when the game turns on. I infer from this that the problem is likely specifically with the DMD driver board. My plan now is going mounted component by mounted component and looking for discrepancies from the stated values in the manual.

Looking at the schematic, F602 is the first place power arrives from header J605 (the AC transformer). Does that mean I should specifically be looking at the transformer? Or can the fuse be blown due to a component issue on the driver board as well?

#7323 4 years ago
Quoted from nugsy:

OK so the F602 fuse was a good place to start, but not the solution. The replacement fuse I put in there blew immediately when I turned the game on. I am still getting attract sounds/flashers when the game turns on. I infer from this that the problem is likely specifically with the DMD driver board. My plan now is going mounted component by mounted component and looking for discrepancies from the stated values in the manual.
Looking at the schematic, F602 is the first place power arrives from header J605 (the AC transformer). Does that mean I should specifically be looking at the transformer? Or can the fuse be blown due to a component issue on the driver board as well?

Unlikely the transformer is the cause of you fuse blowing. Much more likely the cause is on the DMD driver board or the DMD itself. You can try replacing the fuse again and turning it on without the DMD connected. If it doesn’t blow again, check the voltages the DMD driver board is generating. Might just be worth it to buy a power section rebuild kit from GPE or similar.

#7324 4 years ago

Here is the reason my pop bumper caps are opaque white. They light up red and the center flashes blue when struck

#7325 4 years ago
Quoted from Nikrox2:

After installing the new lighted hunter killer and the laser in the cannon mine is doing the extract thing. Hitting the bar not the targets.
At first thought it was more on the cannon side but I really didn’t make any adjustments there
Could it be I have the bar tightened to much or at lower level? (say attachment strip for ship under the bar instead of on top of it will raise the bar and force the ball down into the targets?)
Any suggestions or tips ?
(And no the laser target isn’t worth it as I can’t align it even close. But my granddaughters think it’s cool looking so leaving in there for them. Lol. But my 9 year old knows to score with the cannon so we need to fix this so she can get back to high scores again. Ha!)

I’m not 100% sure I got the root cause, but it looks like I had the wrong coil sleeve on the cannon coil that was interfering with the launch. I’m not sure why the problem would have started when it did, but so far it seems to have fixed it.

#7326 4 years ago

Good Afternoon. I have a question regarding my T2. I'm just curious if anyone has had this happen to them before. I turned my machine on, everything is normal. No problems. I set it up for 2 games. I usually wait to line up my drop target before pulling the gun trigger initially., but this time, when I pull the trigger, the machine goes dark, the display goes blank, and the machine reboots. After rebooting, if I pull the trigger immediately o game 1, everything is fine. If I wait til the lights fall on the drop target I wanna hit, BOOM, it reboots the machine again. Ok, my dumbass has to try it a 3rd time, same thing. So now, I power down the machine, wait a few minutes, and restart it. Once I do, everything us fine, no problems, and it plays great the rest of the night. And yes, there was beer involved which is why I kept trying it over and over. Has anyone had anything like this happen before?

#7327 4 years ago

Joined the t2 club yesterday ..

IMG_20190708_011150_711 (resized).jpgIMG_20190708_011150_711 (resized).jpg
#7328 4 years ago

Added T2 to the line-up. Was with the seller for over 4 years...long story.. finally in my gameroom!

20190704_235815 (resized).jpg20190704_235815 (resized).jpg
#7329 4 years ago

One more

156268555959459412861752750457 (resized).jpg156268555959459412861752750457 (resized).jpg
#7330 4 years ago

Will need a HK ship

#7331 4 years ago

I have an original if you are interested or pick yourself one of these.

ebay.com link: 0

Can you take a pick of just the apron? It looks really cool.

Quoted from PeterG:

Will need a HK ship

#7332 4 years ago
20190710_221644 (resized).jpg20190710_221644 (resized).jpg20190710_221700 (resized).jpg20190710_221700 (resized).jpg20190710_221714 (resized).jpg20190710_221714 (resized).jpg
#7333 4 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very nice

#7334 4 years ago

Anyone have a DIY solution for making the T2 skull eyes cooler? I do not feel like spending $15 on two LEDS for the real mod.

#7335 4 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

skull eyes cooler

check around posts 3056 to 3073

#7336 4 years ago

Im,new to the t2 club.. Just about finished with my machine..,, adjustments . led bulbs . rubbers ., gun rebuild ECT ect ..,
Im haveing trouble on my kick back in the left outline.. I know most of the time the ball is suppose to make the orbit on the kick back . mine does not.it hits the metal on the right side and falls back imto the pf ... I've adjusted the coil mech sevral ways . re sleeved the coil ...tryed to adjust the lane. ., with a little improvement but not alot... Not a huge deal but I like things to work properly ,, I just waxed the shit outa the metal and lanes.., any suggestions are cool..

#7337 4 years ago
Quoted from Milltown:

Im,new to the t2 club.. Just about finished with my machine..,, adjustments . led bulbs . rubbers ., gun rebuild ECT ect ..,
Im haveing trouble on my kick back in the left outline.. I know most of the time the ball is suppose to make the orbit on the kick back . mine does not.it hits the metal on the right side and falls back imto the pf ... I've adjusted the coil mech sevral ways . re sleeved the coil ...tryed to adjust the lane. ., with a little improvement but not alot... Not a huge deal but I like things to work properly ,, I just waxed the shit outa the metal and lanes.., any suggestions are cool..

it's normal

#7338 4 years ago
Quoted from Milltown:

I’ve played a lot of T2 in the past and nearly every machine I’ve played never reached the orbit or pops. I’d say it’s rather rare that it does.

#7339 4 years ago

5 year owner...mine made it to the pops twice..........Joey

#7340 4 years ago

Officially in. Fan of the movies, then one came up local. Restored cab, new playfield, pinsound, chrome trim and good mods. Price was fair if parts and pf work added up. Happy to have this in the lineup!
6D5BF1A6-07D7-4CC0-BB67-68BFD638156C (resized).jpeg6D5BF1A6-07D7-4CC0-BB67-68BFD638156C (resized).jpeg
Pic is borrowed from sellers ad as I have not set up yet....

#7341 4 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great. Where can I buy one?

#7342 4 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

I’ve played a lot of T2 in the past and nearly every machine I’ve played never reached the orbit or pops. I’d say it’s rather rare that it does.

Ok cool.. Good to know.. I tweaked. Adjusted. Waxed. Sleeved ECT.. Haha

#7343 4 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

My understanding is that stock flipper coils on T2 were under powered to start and just get worse as the game gets older. I did a flipper rebuild on mine and put the next most powerful coils in it. I love the way it shoots now. No problem getting to the lanes, upper lock or the pops.

#7344 4 years ago
Quoted from CoPinfan:

My understanding is that stock flipper coils on T2 were under powered to start and just get worse as the game gets older. I did a flipper rebuild on mine and put the next most powerful coils in it. I love the way it shoots now. No problem getting to the lanes, upper lock or the pops.

I think they were referring to the left out lane kick back reaching the pops. Like how Getaway should hit the tunnel

#7345 4 years ago

Is there a more powerful coil I could use on the kick back ?

#7346 4 years ago
Quoted from tezting:

Looks great. Where can I buy one?

I do not know, bought it from a local guy that had it lying around. Complete set with all kinds off chrome things.

#7347 4 years ago
Quoted from CoPinfan:

Which nr did you get in?

#7348 4 years ago
Quoted from CoPinfan:

Ive never heard or seen this be an issue with t2. Just keep your mechs clean and you shouldnt have a problem.

#7349 4 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

I think they were referring to the left out lane kick back reaching the pops. Like how Getaway should hit the tunnel

Oh gotcha. See what happens when you come into the middle of a conversation? I've noticed my kickback has no trouble getting up to the pops after a playfield waxing and new balls. Not sure if that's the trick or not.

Quoted from PeterG:

Which nr did you get in?

Not sure I understand.

Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Ive never heard or seen this be an issue with t2. Just keep your mechs clean and you shouldnt have a problem.

I can't remember where I read about others having this problem. Mine had the stock coils and it was still under powered even after a rebuild. That's why I put the next level coil in there.

#7350 4 years ago

Which Nr. Coil or color (blue, red, green)?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 21.95
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
There are 10,956 posts in this topic. You are on page 147 of 220.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/terminator-2-clubmembers-only/page/147?hl=scoot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.