PXL_20240327_043017894 (resized).jpg
20240325_183907-COLLAGE (resized).jpg
IMG_0437 (resized).JPG
IMG_0436 (resized).JPG
ett (resized).png
IMG_2587 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1784 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1883 (resized).jpeg

There are 10,893 posts in this topic. You are on page 141 of 218.
#7002 5 years ago

Current overhaul

20190110_204432 (resized).jpg20190110_204432 (resized).jpg
#7003 5 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

Are these better than the silk screened ones from planetary?

They are silk screened.
“Due to Silk Screening, These decals have the fluorescent orange red. Colors and Print are perfect.”
That’s what’s make the superior compared to printed decals that I have previously bought.
I think maybe planetary is reselling he’s product? (He got the official license to do them) You can ask them.

#7004 5 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

Just my opinion but cool white flashers are a must for this title. You can use the tower type or the flat ones. Keep all of them the same color. The light show at the end of the game is fantastic. the only incandescent lights I have in it is at the Auto Fire. When I got the pin it had led flashers in it but was blinding while playing. Everything else is color matched in the inserts.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Great input. Thank you very much

#7005 5 years ago
Quoted from tezting:

They are silk screened.
“Due to Silk Screening, These decals have the fluorescent orange red. Colors and Print are perfect.”
That’s what’s make the superior compared to printed decals that I have previously bought.
I think maybe planetary is reselling he’s product? (He got the official license to do them) You can ask them.

Good call. Planetary also says they are silk screened.

#7006 5 years ago

Hello to all

Yes PPS is reselling our Terminator 2 Decals.

Regards from Hamburg
Leon & Peter
www.buthamburg.de

#7007 5 years ago
Quoted from Buthamburg:

Hello to all
Regards from Hamburg
Leon & Peter
www.buthamburg.de

And THEY ARE BEAUTIFUL! Good job Peter. You rock!

IMG_2576 (resized).jpgIMG_2576 (resized).jpg
#7008 5 years ago

Hi all,

just finished my T2 with custom satin finished decals a lot of chrome and stainless steel

IMG_2768 (resized).JPGIMG_2768 (resized).JPGIMG_2769 (resized).JPGIMG_2769 (resized).JPGIMG_2770 (resized).JPGIMG_2770 (resized).JPG
#7009 5 years ago
Quoted from Buthamburg:

Hello to all
Regards from Hamburg
Leon & Peter
www.buthamburg.de

AWESOME! Do you have the chrome versions too?

#7010 5 years ago
Quoted from Mad3007:

Hi all,
just finished my T2 with custom satin finished decals a lot of chrome and stainless steel [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I know t2 was an early DMD. How does it do with the color?

#7011 5 years ago
Quoted from topkat:

I have a ColorDMD and like it. It's not amazing, but it's definitely an improvement.

Here a couple videos I made when it first came out.

#7012 5 years ago

With my performance gauged bonus I like to buy something simple as an attta boy (last year it was $200 of parallel clamps). Torn from buying a T2 plastic set or cab decals for 2018.

#7013 5 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

I have a ColorDMD and like it. It's not amazing, but it's definitely an improvement.
Here a couple videos I made when it first came out.

Wow. Thanks for that. I may have to get one... when all is said and done. It looks sweet

Btw has anyone watched that papa tutorial for t2. That guy crushes it

#7014 5 years ago

Hello to all

No, we dont do Chrome adition. Silkscreening is not like computer printing. To do Screen Printing
you need to do quantities to get a good price. For each color you need to make a screen.
Printing with computer you can print 1 set or as many as you want, no big set up, no color changing,
No setting and adjusting maschinery.
If we get 100 pre-orders for Chrome Adition, then we can surely ran a Chrom Adition.

Have a nice weekend
Regards from Hamburg
Leon & Peter
www.buthamburg.de

#7015 5 years ago
Quoted from Mad3007:

Hi all,
just finished my T2 with custom satin finished decals a lot of chrome and stainless steel [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

How much did you pay to get the apron chromed?

#7016 5 years ago
Quoted from topkat:

Not a huge bang for buck IMO. What is there looks great but there are so few animations it’s a really tough sell.

Just waiting on ColorDMD to finish up any other pin I have and I’ll be taking mine out and going back stock.

You have enough other pins that have been colorized so either swap 1 over or if it’s your first ColorDMD just move it to another pin if you don’t like it. I’d think Monopoly would look good in color.

#7017 5 years ago

Does anyone know where this piece goes? It was in the skull loose and appears to fit in the hole where the VUK kicks ball to cannon. Is this supposed to be glued in? Thanks for any help

B75F4970-11A7-4754-9A36-F440A0B2D9E1 (resized).jpegB75F4970-11A7-4754-9A36-F440A0B2D9E1 (resized).jpeg
#7018 5 years ago
Quoted from Kingpin22:

Does anyone know where this piece goes? It was in the skull loose and appears to fit in the hole where the VUK kicks ball to cannon. Is this supposed to be glued in? Thanks for any help
[quoted image]

It's supposed to be connected to the solenoid that kicks the ball from the skull. A spring and roll pin are needed too.

#7019 5 years ago
Quoted from topkat:

No issues yet.

#7020 5 years ago

Anyone.have a cheap wall art t2 playfield.for sale?

#7021 5 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Anyone.have a cheap wall art t2 playfield.for sale?

LOL

#7023 5 years ago

I have a free playfield, but it comes with the purchase of a $2,500.00 machine.

BTW, the machine is missing it's pf, so you may have to put the free one in it.

Actually, good luck. I hope you can find one.

#7024 5 years ago
Quoted from Buthamburg:

Hello to all
No, we dont do Chrome adition. Silkscreening is not like computer printing. To do Screen Printing
you need to do quantities to get a good price. For each color you need to make a screen.
Printing with computer you can print 1 set or as many as you want, no big set up, no color changing,
No setting and adjusting maschinery.
If we get 100 pre-orders for Chrome Adition, then we can surely ran a Chrom Adition.
Have a nice weekend
Regards from Hamburg
Leon & Peter
www.buthamburg.de

Those decals look great, silkscreening is a big difference for sure.

#7025 5 years ago
wonka i see what you did (resized).jpgwonka i see what you did (resized).jpg
#7026 5 years ago
Quoted from DropTarget:

I have a free playfield, but it comes with the purchase of a $2,500.00 machine.
BTW, the machine is missing it's pf, so you may have to put the free one in it.

Actually, good luck. I hope you can find one.

They are around, with the repro playfields out now , its a good time to look for one.

#7027 5 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

They are around, with the repro playfields out now , its a good time to look for one.

I doubt you will find one for under $300, unless thats cheap to you.

#7028 5 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

I doubt you will find one for under $300, unless thats cheap to you.

Ill report back when i grab mine.

#7029 5 years ago

I'll have one in about a month or so for around 150 but am in Australia. It's pretty good except for flipper drag.
I've got a new repro I'm fitting but it is with a playfield restorer at the moment getting all customized to suit chrome edition style.
Cabinet all done with custom decal changes , speakers and panel and just finished tweaking my pinsound setup.
received_2074600139535418 (resized).jpegreceived_2074600139535418 (resized).jpeg20180715_113057 (resized).jpg20180715_113057 (resized).jpgreceived_2239079053045503 (resized).jpegreceived_2239079053045503 (resized).jpeg20180709_172206 (resized).jpg20180709_172206 (resized).jpg

#7030 5 years ago

Is this right?
I thought the metal should touch the wood everywhere? I must admit I am a little nervous about installing them.
Maybe one of you have a close up image of them installed in there T2?

3E276577-67EF-42AD-A225-D56BCE23518B (resized).jpeg3E276577-67EF-42AD-A225-D56BCE23518B (resized).jpeg
#7031 5 years ago
Quoted from tezting:

Is this right?
I thought the metal should touch the wood everywhere? I must admit I am a little nervous about installing them.
[quoted image]

The T2 has the older system 11 style leg brackets. It’s just a flat threaded metal piece. The one you have were made mostly after 91. And yes, it should sit in there flush but still should work. Just make sure you align it the best you can.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#7032 5 years ago

I always adjust the new brackets in a big bench vice to suit each machinethey vary alot!

#7033 5 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

The T2 has the older system 11 style leg brackets. It’s just a flat threaded metal piece. The one you have were made mostly after 91. And yes, it should sit in there flush but still should work. Just make sure you align it the best you can.
[quoted image]

I know and I still have the originals. But I have read that the newer styled brackets where better. So I bought them to take better care of my T2.

Quoted from KJS:

I always adjust the new brackets in a big bench vice to suit each machinethey vary alot!

So you adjust the sides until all three sides touch the wood? I am unsure If I can bend them enough so the side with the bolt holes can touch wood.
Do you have a image of the new style installed?

#7034 5 years ago

The wooden piece in the center is too narrow for the metal bracket to fit flush. There is no way you can manipulate enough to get the newer piece to fit flush with the cabinet on all three sides. You can add a shim of wood in the center to fill the gap, maybe a paint can stirring stick cut and drilled to size might be close. The new design you have is the best version, since the threaded part is reinforced and therefore less likely to strip. If it was me and I wanted the new design, I would try to glue in a wooden piece to fill the gap, then redrill the holes, and paint to finish. But if your power supply is mounted like mine, you will need to move it over some for it to fit of course.

#7035 5 years ago
Quoted from tezting:

Is this right?
[quoted image]

While that bracket may not fit flush due to the triangular brace in the cabinet not being large enough, from your photo it also looks like the bracket itself was not bent correctly. When you have one edge of the bracket flush up against the inside of the cab, the other edge should also be flush, but yours looks like it was bent at about 95°-100° instead of a 90° right angle. If so, even if you shim it, it's still not going to bolt in securely.

#7036 5 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

The wooden piece in the center is too narrow for the metal bracket to fit flush. There is no way you can manipulate enough to get the newer piece to fit flush with the cabinet on all three sides. You can add a shim of wood in the center to fill the gap, maybe a paint can stirring stick cut and drilled to size might be close. The new design you have is the best version, since the threaded part is reinforced and therefore less likely to strip. If it was me and I wanted the new design, I would try to glue in a wooden piece to fill the gap, then redrill the holes, and paint to finish. But if your power supply is mounted like mine, you will need to move it over some for it to fit of course.

Quoted from jibmums:

While that bracket may not fit flush due to the triangular brace in the cabinet not being large enough, from your photo it also looks like the bracket itself was not bent correctly. When you have one edge of the bracket flush up against the inside of the cab, the other edge should also be flush, but yours looks like it was bent at about 95°-100° instead of a 90° right angle. If so, even if you shim it, it's still not going to bolt in securely.

Thank you both for your help.
So it sounds like I have to bend it and also add a piece of wood between the bracket and the cabinet before it will fit as it should. "Funny" enough I asked the store before I ordered if they would fit and was told "yes".

Right now I feel like I will trash them and use the original ones. I am doing a complete restoration so just wanted the "best" now when everything was taken apart. But guess this might not be the best after all..

#7037 5 years ago
Quoted from tezting:

Thank you both for your help.
So it sounds like I have to bend it and also add a piece of wood between the bracket and the cabinet before it will fit as it should. "Funny" enough I asked the store before I ordered if they would fit and was told "yes".
Right now I feel like I will trash them and use the original ones. I am doing a complete restoration so just wanted the "best" now when everything was taken apart. But guess this might not be the best after all..

Don't trash them, they will be an improvement. You just have to slightly bend it back to 90 degrees and fill in the gap with wood.

#7038 5 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Don't trash them, they will be an improvement. You just have to slightly bend it back to 90 degrees and fill in the gap with wood.

That's a pretty thick piece of metal, I doubt you'd be able to bend it even slightly unless you either use a metal press or are Superman. I'd contact wherever you bought it and have them send you a replacement, just take some photos to show them that it wasn't made correctly.

#7039 5 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

That's a pretty thick piece of metal, I doubt you'd be able to bend it even slightly unless you either use a metal press or are Superman. I'd contact wherever you bought it and have them send you a replacement, just take some photos to show them that it wasn't made correctly.

If you have a vise it could be bent easily, but I agree if you don't have a vise or means to bend it then return it.

#7040 5 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

This is there answer:
“If it is an old cabinet, the wood might have warped a bit.
Can you screw in the bolts for the legs? If yes, you can carefully screw it tighter till leg is fixed.”

I dont feel my cabinet I warped at all. Forcing them in like he says sounds dangerous to me?

#7041 5 years ago
Quoted from tezting:

This is there answer:
“If it is an old cabinet, the wood might have warped a bit.
Can you screw in the bolts for the legs? If yes, you can carefully screw it tighter till leg is fixed.”
I dont feel my cabinet I warped at all. Forcing them in like he says sounds dangerous to me?

Yeah, I wouldn't force it either. Metal vs Wood, metal wins every time, you don't want to split the corner of the cabinet. Should be easy enough to see if your part is bent at the wrong angle, check it on a piece of graph paper or even just the corner of a piece of paper. Your cabinet would have to have warped really REALLY badly to allow that much of a gap.

#7042 5 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

If you have a vise it could be bent easily, but I agree if you don't have a vise or means to bend it then return it.

Agree with above.

I personally would not do a cabinet restore without these brackets anymore. I have used them on about 20 machines now. They are a massive improvement on a poor design in my opinion. I even use them on old SS pins and have to cut them down a bit to work in the front of the cab.
The trouble is there are alot of variances in the cabinets from new. I've done 3 twilights now...7mm variance in cab width alone!

But if you are uncomfortable re-shaping them a bit use the standards and return them or I am positive someone would buy them off you if the shop wont return. I need another 8 at the moment but am in Australia.

#7043 5 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

Yeah, I wouldn't force it either. Metal vs Wood, metal wins every time, you don't want to split the corner of the cabinet. Should be easy enough to see if your part is bent at the wrong angle, check it on a piece of graph paper or even just the corner of a piece of paper. Your cabinet would have to have warped really REALLY badly to allow that much of a gap.

You are a genius! They are not 90degrees at all I hope you can see it on the image.

Also this forum is pure awesome! Thank you for all the help..

Should I try and make them fit or should I demand my money back and buy somewhere else? (Because I hope they normally are fine?)

033E3C94-E69A-42CA-81FA-9432CEAFD289 (resized).jpeg033E3C94-E69A-42CA-81FA-9432CEAFD289 (resized).jpeg7DC27E1B-E25D-4C58-B37E-DCFB668640B2 (resized).jpeg7DC27E1B-E25D-4C58-B37E-DCFB668640B2 (resized).jpeg
#7044 5 years ago

Why not just use the originals that the cabinet was designed for? I've never heard of one of the original brackets failing. Am I missing something? Sometimes, things don't have to be improved just because there is a "better" version. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I know the threads sometimes strip, but they also strip on the newer brackets. That's a user issue. Just my opinion.

#7045 5 years ago
Quoted from rx3:

Why not just use the originals that the cabinet was designed for? I've never heard of one of the original brackets failing. Am I missing something? Sometimes, things don't have to be improved just because there is a "better" version. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I know the threads sometimes strip, but they also strip on the newer brackets. That's a user issue. Just my opinion.

The new ones are far superior and worth a shot, but I agree with your statement. With the hassle this will cause, sometimes original is just better.

#7046 5 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

The new ones are far superior and worth a shot, but I agree with your statement. With the hassle this will cause, sometimes original is just better.

That's what I'm saying, too much hassle that might cause more problems.

#7047 5 years ago

I am modding my T2 and am not going to use the pinbits hunter killer mod and ship on my machine. Would anyone like to have it? $60 shipped for the ship and mod. Pm me if you are interested.

IMG-20190118-WA0002 (resized).jpgIMG-20190118-WA0002 (resized).jpgIMG-20190118-WA0000 (resized).jpgIMG-20190118-WA0000 (resized).jpgIMG-20190118-WA0005 (resized).jpgIMG-20190118-WA0005 (resized).jpg
#7048 5 years ago

That must be an early version before the custom PCB was made, looks cool!

#7049 5 years ago

Hi all,

I just ordered new rubbers for my T2, I used the list in the manual. Does anyone know if the manual is actually correct?

#7050 5 years ago

Check on the Titan website for T2 kits - they have a lot more info and more accurate than the manuals.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 26.50
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods
Tools
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
East Hanover, NJ
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
Boards
Slap Save Creations
Boards
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
3,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Morgantown, WV
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
3,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
There are 10,893 posts in this topic. You are on page 141 of 218.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/terminator-2-clubmembers-only/page/141 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.