• Topic is favorited by 274 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

53663951190_696642b1ae_c (resized).jpg
53663311748_14568d061c_c (resized).jpg
53662225557_f2e8f3ac6e_k (resized).jpg
Williams_1991_Terminator_2_Judgment_Day_Manual_-_Update.pdf (PDF preview)
A2_Feature_Adjustments_(Update).pdf (PDF preview)
Terminator2_L8_4.pdf (PDF preview)
53639132189_e8b428873f_k (resized).jpg
53639132179_2f5a4b2c09_k (resized).jpg
IMG_5447 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5475 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5462 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240401_002830006 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240401_002816443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_192714330 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_192724360 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_192719354 (resized).jpg
There are 10,956 posts in this topic. You are on page 139 of 220.
#6901 5 years ago
Quoted from nugsy:

Question about troubleshooting light boards: the leftmost stand up in the center 3-bank has gone out ("Advance" in "Advance Escape Route"). When I first got the machine, it was working according to pictures I have. I replaced the bulb and cleaned off the connections to the twist socket on both the socket pins and board connector with no success. I traced the wiring about as competently as I could, reseated a few connectors as well as the light matrix headers in the backbox. I didn't notice any burnt pins or otherwise obviously bad connections.
What might a T2 veteran recommend looking into next? T2 is for all intents and purposes my very first pin and I am learning a lot about repair as I go. Any advice is welcome

Start at the source and work back. First remove the plug from the light board. Then test the socket flanges via DMM continuity. Then, test continuity with a DMM from the pins on the board to the socket solder "half moons" (where the flanges twist in). Then, test continuity from the plug end that goes to the light board, to the plug end that goes to the backbox board.

My guess is that you have a poor connection at the board somewhere. Either the pin to the socket receptacle, or the socket to the receptacle.

Oh, and make sure the light bulb/led is working before anything.

#6902 5 years ago
Quoted from nugsy:

What might a T2 veteran recommend looking into next? T2 is for all intents and purposes my very first pin and I am learning a lot about repair as I go. Any advice is welcome

Reflow the solder on the header pins on the light boards. These boards are notorious for developing cold solder joints over time.

Reflow the solder on the light socket pads. Over time, the brass pads from the socket creates dents in the solder on the board. Reflowing solder erases these dents and makes the connection reliable.

#6903 5 years ago

I am about to install a beautiful T2 repro playfield.
But what drills/tools do I need to buy to prepare all the holes etc.?
I think I read about a restoration guy in here who where selling a "pack" with all the tools needed but can't find the thread/person.

#6904 5 years ago
Quoted from tezting:

I think I read about a restoration guy in here who where selling a "pack" with all the tools needed but can't find the thread/person.

That would be from @kruzman, send him a PM and he can get you a kit.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kruzman-clear-install-kit-is-a-life-saver

#6905 5 years ago
Quoted from tezting:

Yes do your self a favor and reach out to Ron. I suggest a dremmel to do this works much better than a drill. Once you remove the clear down to the spot where you want to drill you then drill the hole. Saves you from sitting the clear

#6906 5 years ago
Quoted from tezting:

So dude the key is getting a diamond burr set and a rotary tool (Dremmel) bit u could use a power drill also...and using this to pre drill EVERY hole

You DO NOT want to use drill bits it can twist the clear and cause major damage. Only after using the burr set then if need be u can use drill bits

#6907 5 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

So dude the key is getting a diamond burr set and a rotary tool (Dremmel) bit u could use a power drill also...and using this to pre drill EVERY hole
You DO NOT want to use drill bits it can twist the clear and cause major damage. Only after using the burr set then if need be u can use drill bits

Exactly, if you remove the clear to expose the wood then you can use a drill bit. For MOST holes you can remove a little more clear than the size of the screw since it will most likely be covered up with a post, screw head, ball guide, etc.

#6908 5 years ago

Added an illuminated drop target

6F07EDA2-E99E-4870-977C-9A283100801A (resized).jpeg6F07EDA2-E99E-4870-977C-9A283100801A (resized).jpegC80E3B18-C331-4469-A8B5-F7E2C86BE766 (resized).jpegC80E3B18-C331-4469-A8B5-F7E2C86BE766 (resized).jpeg
#6909 5 years ago

me want!

Quoted from Tmezel:

[quoted image][quoted image]

#6910 5 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Can you post a pic underneath?

#6911 5 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Can you post a pic underneath?

Yes, I can get a lower angle photo.

#6912 5 years ago

What are you using for the eye mods those look good much better than the wedge based with the rubber over them.

#6913 5 years ago
Quoted from mmr61184:

What are you using for the eye mods those look good much better than the wedge based with the rubber over them.

https://www.pinballlife.com/briteeyes-terminator-eye-mod-for-terminator-2-pinball-machines.html

#6914 5 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Nifty idea! But if it were me, I would tie in the ground wire to the drop target switch, so it was only lit when the target was up.

#6915 5 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Nifty idea! But if it were me, I would tie in the ground wire to the drop target switch, so it was only lit when the target was up.

that is a great idea!

does anyone know where the illuminated drop targets are purchased?

#6916 5 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

that is a great idea!
does anyone know where the illuminated drop targets are purchased?

I went over these before mezel started selling them. Let me find the post....you guys have a short memory.

Here they are

#6917 5 years ago

You can buy the targets from Pinball mods (minus led):

http://pinball-mods.com/oscom/replacement-parts-c-28.html

#6918 5 years ago

In case some of you wanted to partake. Today is day 2 of 12 days of christmas auction for target decals. I will taking all profits and buying angel tree kids some xmas gifts.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/12-days-of-christmas-auction-help-the-kids

IMG_20181208_080947 (resized).jpgIMG_20181208_080947 (resized).jpg
#6919 5 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

In case some of you wanted to partake. Today is day 2 of 12 days of christmas auction for target decals. I will taking all profits and buying angel tree kids some xmas gifts.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/12-days-of-christmas-auction-help-the-kids[quoted image]

They look great!

IMG_3025 (resized).JPGIMG_3025 (resized).JPG
#6920 5 years ago

Hello all-

Proud new owner of T2. Ive read this whole thread and I can’t find anyone with the Hunter/killer mod in stock. Did I come to the party too late?!
Any advice on how to get one is greatly appreciated!

#6921 5 years ago
Quoted from dmess:

Hello all-
Proud new owner of T2. Ive read this whole thread and I can’t find anyone with the Hunter/killer mod in stock. Did I come to the party too late?!
Any advice on how to get one is greatly appreciated!

Not to be offensive, but I did a simple google search and found a bunch.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-8570
http://www.actionpinball.com/parts.php?item=A-14795
http://www.ministryofpinball.com/en/game-specific-items/williams/terminator-2/terminator-2-hunter-killer-ship.html

Wait, did you say mod? What mod?

#6922 5 years ago

My bet would be the plastic that goes under it with the LEDs

#6923 5 years ago

The best H-K mod in my opinion is from Pinbits. I've never seen it in stock on their website so I emailed Pam a couple years ago and they made one for me.

https://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_41&products_id=351&zenid=7b1c72bc1c77df7bd03c40f345126d29

There is another mod available from a guy from the UK on eBay (Judge Dredd?), it is more expensive and looks tacky (again just my opinion)

#6924 5 years ago

Yes. The mod where it is lit up with LED’s. Center of Playfield is very dark-can’t see ball at times
And yes I know how to use google.

#6925 5 years ago

The best H-K mod in my opinion is from Pinbits. I've never seen it in stock on their website so I emailed Pam a couple years ago and they made one for me.
https://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_41&products_id=351&zenid=7b1c72bc1c77df7bd03c40f345126d29
There is another mod available from a guy from the UK on eBay (Judge Dredd?), it is more expensive and looks tacky (again just my opinion)

Thanks-from reading through years of posts, it seems they have never been in stock! I tried calling them today-no answer. I’ll try email-appreciate it

#6926 5 years ago

Pinbits for the win. Thats what I have too. If its not in stock, email them. Theyre very nice people.

#6927 5 years ago

I finally fixed my intermittent cannon issue so I figured I'd share. About 75% of the time after loading the cannon it would auto fire just as it begun(on mark) its first sweep(See purple arrow in picture below). I adjusted the switch that rolls along the rotating gun cog/gear/wheel. Loosen the 2 screws that attach the switch(circled in red in picture below) then push it down to depress the switch against the wheel, retighten 2 screws. I'm not sure if the switch has bad contacts and by adjusting it I just put a bandaid on it but I've put about 15 games on it and haven't had any problems since. I never found this issue or fix while trying to Google so I figured I'd post it up on here. Hope this helps anyone who is having similar issues.

*Update 9:20pm 12/18* Played another 5 games when I got home and my brother played a few games as well, no more auto-firing.
InkedInkedT2 edit_LI (resized).jpgInkedInkedT2 edit_LI (resized).jpgT2 Cannon Switch (resized).jpgT2 Cannon Switch (resized).jpg

#6928 5 years ago

Update: I fixed the solder on one socket, cleaned the heck out of the connections on a couple others, and I now have almost all the bulbs with twist sockets working great on T2. Thanks for everyone who had a suggestion for me. Now it's time to start re-soldering some of the sockets for the GI, slings, and autofire hotdog...

#6929 5 years ago

Question regarding cannon auto fire:

Mine loads and does one sweep, and if I don’t fire within that first sweep “down” it auto fires. Is this how it is supposed to be?
Or should it sweep back and forth until I decide to fire?

#6930 5 years ago
Quoted from dmess:

Question regarding cannon auto fire:
Mine loads and does one sweep, and if I don’t fire within that first sweep “down” it auto fires. Is this how it is supposed to be?
Or should it sweep back and forth until I decide to fire?

That is correct. It does not sweep forever until you pull the trigger. On it's way back up when it gets back to on the mark(B/w ramp and the 5 light targets) it will auto fire to unload the cannon. If it is auto-firing right as it stops and begins to start its sweep back up then it is malfunctioning.You should be able to pull the trigger and hit any target on the cannons sweep down or on it's way back up.

#6931 5 years ago

Thanks for clarifying-Mine def fires at bottom of sweep. I’ll try your advice-appreciate it!

#6932 5 years ago

New issue has popped up to try and troubleshoot/mitigate if possible. Even since getting it, I have noticed an issue with locking a ball in the skull. It always seemed to be that even a direct shot would occasionally fail to lock the ball - I always chalked this up to maybe a little rattling in the lane just before the kicker. A month or so ago, the poor skull on my machine popped a rivet and someone managed to get a ball stuck inside his chin! The skull assembly and metal plate that mounts under it have been removed for now until I have access to a rivet press, then I can re-solder the wires and put the skull back on.

Now that I can see the whole lane/kicker assembly, it looks like what's happening is that balls are making it past the gate all the way up into the kicker, but not settling down properly once it goes into the metal backstop and causing the ball to skip back over the kicker and down into the lane. It's a little frustrating to put a clean shot straight up there during a multiball and not get the lock, so I was wondering if there was anything any of you guys do to help prevent that kind of thing. I'm sure replacing the skull and plate helps, but those assembly bits only appear to cover the front opening of that shot and don't really extend all the way over the kicker to begin with.

My first thought was maybe to put a piece of foam up on the metal in the way back to absorb some of the bounce, or maybe to mount a small plastic up there to give the ball less height to bounce. I would have thought the gate would prevent that kind of thing but it seems like either the gate is broken in a way I can't see or the gate has some other purpose.

#6933 5 years ago

I made this T2 model skull into a basic topper. I got the skull assembled but unpainted from another pinsider so I painted him up to look “battle damaged” and put in a set of the brite eyes from pinball life. My playfield plastic skull was so beat up I removed it for the time being and ran the wiring up to the topper so it interacts with gameplay. Side note, with the playfield skull and metal mounting plate removed, shots to the drop target are rocketed back towards the flippers with lightning speed now. Keeps you on your toes for sure and makes the game play differently.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#6934 5 years ago

If anyone is running lighted hinges where did you plug the 12v dc input in?

#6935 5 years ago

What is the best ROM version to run on T2? L-8?

#6936 5 years ago
Quoted from DK:

What is the best ROM version to run on T2? L-8?

Yep L-8 is the latest and greatest. I can also modify it if you like to add the LED ghost patcher and remove the banging noise from the attract sound to the L-8 revision.

#6937 5 years ago

Yep L-8 is the latest and greatest. I can also modify it if you like to add the LED ghost patcher and remove the banging noise from the attract sound to the L-8 revision.

Tell me more...

#6938 5 years ago

The infamous L-8.2???

#6939 5 years ago
Quoted from DK:

The infamous L-8.2???

No, not sure what L8.2 is but keep in mind anybody can rename any rom version as they please.

#6940 5 years ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

Tell me more...

The attract sound still has an occasional banging noise even when you turn off attract sounds in the menu. This can be removed for a completely silent attract mode.

Thanks to John Honeycutt the ghost patch changes the lamp matrix driver to a later WPC revision that handles LEDs without ghosting. This means you can use less expensive LEDs in the inserts which do not include any non-ghosting hardware built in to them and still look great.

#6941 5 years ago

Just became a member

#6942 5 years ago

soooo,

I'm putting on new rubber, what's the consensus, Black or white?

#6943 5 years ago
Quoted from DropTarget:

soooo,
I'm putting on new rubber, what's the consensus, Black or white?

I don't think you'll get a consensus, lol. My preference on T2 is black.

#6944 5 years ago

clear on the sling shots!

I think black and white looks equally good.

#6945 5 years ago

I don't think you'll get a consensus

Never do on Pinside. I think black looks better, but I like the bounce of white better.

#6946 5 years ago
Quoted from DropTarget:

Never do on Pinside. I think black looks better, but I like the bounce of white better.

Agree on this.

#6947 5 years ago

I go with Titan rubber on all my machines, then you can choose whatever color you like!

#6948 5 years ago

Looking for super high-end restoration of T2. Would also be interested in the "Chrome Edition" so long as it's still a high-end restoration.

Machine - Wanted
Wanted! - “Looking for super high-end restoration of T2. Would also be interested in the "Chrome Edition" so long as it's still a high-end restoration.”
2018-12-29
Montecito, CA
Wanted
Archived after: 42 days
Viewed: 88 times

#6949 5 years ago

Picked a semi rough T2 last night. 5 hour drive each direction. Of course when I talked to him it was in perfect condition and needed nothing. I had a feeling it was going to be rough when I asked him the condition of the batteries and he said what batteries? So it needs some TLC and lots of cleaning.

Hunter ship broke

Skull broke

Two pop bumpers don't work

Back box lights don't work - What should a look at???

IMG_4638 (resized).jpgIMG_4638 (resized).jpg

#6950 5 years ago
Quoted from Azfalconfixer:

Picked a semi rough T2 last night. 5 hour drive each direction. Of course when I talked to him it was in perfect condition and needed nothing. I had a feeling it was going to be rough when I asked him the condition of the batteries and he said what batteries? So it needs some TLC and lots of cleaning.
Hunter ship broke
Skull broke
Two pop bumpers don't work
Back box lights don't work - What should a look at???
[quoted image]

Congrats and welcome to the club!

For the GI - check F109 and F110. Check driver board J120 and J121 for burned connectors. Very common on this title. If there are signs of heat, replace the header pins on the board and the IDC connector with a molex connector with trifuricon pins.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 39.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.99
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
$ 21.95
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,956 posts in this topic. You are on page 139 of 220.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/terminator-2-clubmembers-only/page/139?hl=davi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.