Topic Stats

• 6,926 posts
  • 493 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Chitownpinball
  • Topic is favorited by 176 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,212 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3025 (resized).JPG
IMG_20181208_080947 (resized).jpg
C80E3B18-C331-4469-A8B5-F7E2C86BE766 (resized).jpeg
6F07EDA2-E99E-4870-977C-9A283100801A (resized).jpeg
P1080082 (resized).jpg
IMG_3024 (resized).jpg
20181107_173046 (resized).jpg
IMG_8616 (resized).JPG
IMG_8615 (resized).JPG
20181028_182300 (resized).jpg
terminator parts (resized).jpg
poly545-6162-00 (resized).jpg
8196a4d7156aa02a02c6d2ead23fdcbe57199706 (resized).jpg
IMG_0903 (resized).JPG
439A6A30-A5CC-4148-990F-25D12578CE0F (resized).jpeg
EE5DE678-728E-424D-86B1-258759F07FD1 (resized).jpeg

There are 6926 posts in this topic. You are on page 139 of 139.
#6901 19 days ago
Quoted from nugsy:

Question about troubleshooting light boards: the leftmost stand up in the center 3-bank has gone out ("Advance" in "Advance Escape Route"). When I first got the machine, it was working according to pictures I have. I replaced the bulb and cleaned off the connections to the twist socket on both the socket pins and board connector with no success. I traced the wiring about as competently as I could, reseated a few connectors as well as the light matrix headers in the backbox. I didn't notice any burnt pins or otherwise obviously bad connections.
What might a T2 veteran recommend looking into next? T2 is for all intents and purposes my very first pin and I am learning a lot about repair as I go. Any advice is welcome

Start at the source and work back. First remove the plug from the light board. Then test the socket flanges via DMM continuity. Then, test continuity with a DMM from the pins on the board to the socket solder "half moons" (where the flanges twist in). Then, test continuity from the plug end that goes to the light board, to the plug end that goes to the backbox board.

My guess is that you have a poor connection at the board somewhere. Either the pin to the socket receptacle, or the socket to the receptacle.

Oh, and make sure the light bulb/led is working before anything.

#6902 17 days ago
Quoted from nugsy:

What might a T2 veteran recommend looking into next? T2 is for all intents and purposes my very first pin and I am learning a lot about repair as I go. Any advice is welcome

Reflow the solder on the header pins on the light boards. These boards are notorious for developing cold solder joints over time.

Reflow the solder on the light socket pads. Over time, the brass pads from the socket creates dents in the solder on the board. Reflowing solder erases these dents and makes the connection reliable.

#6903 17 days ago

I am about to install a beautiful T2 repro playfield.
But what drills/tools do I need to buy to prepare all the holes etc.?
I think I read about a restoration guy in here who where selling a "pack" with all the tools needed but can't find the thread/person.

#6904 17 days ago
Quoted from tezting:

I think I read about a restoration guy in here who where selling a "pack" with all the tools needed but can't find the thread/person.

That would be from kruzman, send him a PM and he can get you a kit.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kruzman-clear-install-kit-is-a-life-saver

#6905 16 days ago
Quoted from tezting:

Yes do your self a favor and reach out to Ron. I suggest a dremmel to do this works much better than a drill. Once you remove the clear down to the spot where you want to drill you then drill the hole. Saves you from sitting the clear

#6906 16 days ago
Quoted from tezting:

So dude the key is getting a diamond burr set and a rotary tool (Dremmel) bit u could use a power drill also...and using this to pre drill EVERY hole

You DO NOT want to use drill bits it can twist the clear and cause major damage. Only after using the burr set then if need be u can use drill bits

#6907 15 days ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

So dude the key is getting a diamond burr set and a rotary tool (Dremmel) bit u could use a power drill also...and using this to pre drill EVERY hole
You DO NOT want to use drill bits it can twist the clear and cause major damage. Only after using the burr set then if need be u can use drill bits

Exactly, if you remove the clear to expose the wood then you can use a drill bit. For MOST holes you can remove a little more clear than the size of the screw since it will most likely be covered up with a post, screw head, ball guide, etc.

#6908 14 days ago

Added an illuminated drop target

6F07EDA2-E99E-4870-977C-9A283100801A (resized).jpegC80E3B18-C331-4469-A8B5-F7E2C86BE766 (resized).jpeg
#6909 14 days ago

me want!

Quoted from Tmezel:

[quoted image][quoted image]

#6910 13 days ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Can you post a pic underneath?

#6911 13 days ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Can you post a pic underneath?

Yes, I can get a lower angle photo.

#6912 13 days ago

What are you using for the eye mods those look good much better than the wedge based with the rubber over them.

#6913 13 days ago
Quoted from mmr61184:

What are you using for the eye mods those look good much better than the wedge based with the rubber over them.

https://www.pinballlife.com/briteeyes-terminator-eye-mod-for-terminator-2-pinball-machines.html

#6914 9 days ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Nifty idea! But if it were me, I would tie in the ground wire to the drop target switch, so it was only lit when the target was up.

#6915 9 days ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Nifty idea! But if it were me, I would tie in the ground wire to the drop target switch, so it was only lit when the target was up.

that is a great idea!

does anyone know where the illuminated drop targets are purchased?

#6916 9 days ago
Quoted from Langless28:

that is a great idea!
does anyone know where the illuminated drop targets are purchased?

I went over these before mezel started selling them. Let me find the post....you guys have a short memory.

Here they are

#6917 9 days ago

You can buy the targets from Pinball mods (minus led):

http://pinball-mods.com/oscom/replacement-parts-c-28.html

#6918 7 days ago

In case some of you wanted to partake. Today is day 2 of 12 days of christmas auction for target decals. I will taking all profits and buying angel tree kids some xmas gifts.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/12-days-of-christmas-auction-help-the-kids

IMG_20181208_080947 (resized).jpg
#6919 7 days ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

In case some of you wanted to partake. Today is day 2 of 12 days of christmas auction for target decals. I will taking all profits and buying angel tree kids some xmas gifts.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/12-days-of-christmas-auction-help-the-kids[quoted image]

They look great!

IMG_3025 (resized).JPG
#6920 3 days ago

Hello all-

Proud new owner of T2. Ive read this whole thread and I can’t find anyone with the Hunter/killer mod in stock. Did I come to the party too late?!
Any advice on how to get one is greatly appreciated!

#6921 3 days ago
Quoted from dmess:

Hello all-
Proud new owner of T2. Ive read this whole thread and I can’t find anyone with the Hunter/killer mod in stock. Did I come to the party too late?!
Any advice on how to get one is greatly appreciated!

Not to be offensive, but I did a simple google search and found a bunch.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-8570
http://www.actionpinball.com/parts.php?item=A-14795
http://www.ministryofpinball.com/en/game-specific-items/williams/terminator-2/terminator-2-hunter-killer-ship.html

Wait, did you say mod? What mod?

#6922 3 days ago

My bet would be the plastic that goes under it with the LEDs

#6923 3 days ago

The best H-K mod in my opinion is from Pinbits. I've never seen it in stock on their website so I emailed Pam a couple years ago and they made one for me.

https://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_41&products_id=351&zenid=7b1c72bc1c77df7bd03c40f345126d29

There is another mod available from a guy from the UK on eBay (Judge Dredd?), it is more expensive and looks tacky (again just my opinion)

#6924 3 days ago

Yes. The mod where it is lit up with LED’s. Center of Playfield is very dark-can’t see ball at times
And yes I know how to use google.

#6925 3 days ago

The best H-K mod in my opinion is from Pinbits. I've never seen it in stock on their website so I emailed Pam a couple years ago and they made one for me.
https://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_41&products_id=351&zenid=7b1c72bc1c77df7bd03c40f345126d29
There is another mod available from a guy from the UK on eBay (Judge Dredd?), it is more expensive and looks tacky (again just my opinion)

Thanks-from reading through years of posts, it seems they have never been in stock! I tried calling them today-no answer. I’ll try email-appreciate it

#6926 3 days ago

Pinbits for the win. Thats what I have too. If its not in stock, email them. Theyre very nice people.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Displays
GermanGamingSupplies.com
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
3,400 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Luling, LA
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
€ 4.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Multigame
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
€ 12.50
Boards
PinSound
$ 15.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 259.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
Machine - For Sale
Kalamazoo, MI
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6926 posts in this topic. You are on page 139 of 139.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside