• Topic is favorited by 274 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

53663951190_696642b1ae_c (resized).jpg
53663311748_14568d061c_c (resized).jpg
53662225557_f2e8f3ac6e_k (resized).jpg
Williams_1991_Terminator_2_Judgment_Day_Manual_-_Update.pdf (PDF preview)
A2_Feature_Adjustments_(Update).pdf (PDF preview)
Terminator2_L8_4.pdf (PDF preview)
53639132189_e8b428873f_k (resized).jpg
53639132179_2f5a4b2c09_k (resized).jpg
IMG_5447 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5475 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5462 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240401_002830006 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240401_002816443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_192714330 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_192724360 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_192719354 (resized).jpg
There are 10,956 posts in this topic. You are on page 138 of 220.
#6851 5 years ago
Quoted from zimbakin:

Did you check the ball load micro switch in the canon in test mode... ie. does it register?
Also, when the ball is in the canon, is it fully depressing the switch. I replaced mine a while back and had to adjust the position so that the ball keeps the switch depressed when loaded.

It just started working again. Not sure what happened or what I did. But It held up through the show. And still working. (Knock on wood)

#6852 5 years ago

Does anybody have a high quality scan or image of the drop target decal?

#6853 5 years ago
Quoted from tezting:

Sorry if they where not so visible
[quoted image]

Hehe, no dramas. I worked it out just after posting.

On my backbox:

- blue starts 53mm from base (right line in photo)
- top in photo (right edge) is flush (aligned) with edge
- bottom in photo (left edge) graphic starts 13mm in from edge

I think you could centre the left and right edges and it would look fine

#6854 5 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Does anybody have a high quality scan or image of the drop target decal?

Let me know if you don’t come up with anything...I have a new one I bought...I can send it to you then just send it back when your done... ..............Joey

#6855 5 years ago
Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

Let me know if you don’t come up with anything...I have a new one I bought...I can send it to you then just send it back when your done... ..............Joey

Where did you get yours from, i got one from marco a few years ago but the colors are way off. Been looking for a more accurate one

#6856 5 years ago

Got it of e-bay years ago...way back when I only had 2 pins...lol...I got a T2 and a road kings decal for the drop...I’m one of those dummy’s that buy stuff my pins need,then don’t want to install them so they stay new...I know this makes no sense at all but still I do it...bought the right side skull plastic 5 years ago...but yet I still leave the broken one in there...do I need help...?!... ..............Joey

#6857 5 years ago
EE5DE678-728E-424D-86B1-258759F07FD1 (resized).jpegEE5DE678-728E-424D-86B1-258759F07FD1 (resized).jpeg
#6858 5 years ago

This is the best pic I can get right now as I have an old ass iPhone...but my wife has a newer one so let me know if a pic will help and I’ll snap one when she gets home...........Joey

439A6A30-A5CC-4148-990F-25D12578CE0F (resized).jpeg439A6A30-A5CC-4148-990F-25D12578CE0F (resized).jpeg
#6859 5 years ago

We all do it Breaking_Dad . I sit on mods for a long time until one day Ill knock them all out at once.

I have the clear polycarbon clear drop with the crosshair on it that I lit from below in red. It looks sweet.

#6860 5 years ago
IMG_0903 (resized).JPGIMG_0903 (resized).JPG
#6861 5 years ago
Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

This is the best pic I can get right now as I have an old ass iPhone...but my wife has a newer one so let me know if a pic will help and I’ll snap one when she gets home...........Joey
[quoted image]

Yup that helps thanks

#6862 5 years ago

Is that drop target one from the factory or a mod?

#6863 5 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

Is that drop target one from the factory or a mod?

Mod. There was a guy who used to make them. I think he dropped off the face of the earth not long after. Havent seen anything from him in a long time.

#6866 5 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Nice! No custom etching though.

Oh I didn't realize that was a custom etched crosshair on yours, cool.

#6867 5 years ago

Mod. There was a guy who used to make them. I think he dropped off the face of the earth not long after. Havent seen anything from him in a long time.

Do you have a pic of it without the glass? I have a buddy with a laser engraver that can engrave plastic/plexi/etc. I might be able to reproduce them in a small amount.

#6868 5 years ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

Do you have a pic of it without the glass? I have a buddy with a laser engraver that can engrave plastic/plexi/etc. I might be able to reproduce them in a small amount.

Hmmmmm..Ill have to look.

This is the guy that made mine:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-lit-drop-target-indypinhead

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-product-lit-roll-over-drop-target

#6869 5 years ago
8196a4d7156aa02a02c6d2ead23fdcbe57199706 (resized).jpg8196a4d7156aa02a02c6d2ead23fdcbe57199706 (resized).jpg
#6870 5 years ago

THOSE are awesome!! Do you have TS also?

#6871 5 years ago

Looking at these (http://pinball-mods.com/oscom/game-specific-products-star-trek-the-next-generation-drop-target-williams-p-47.html) more closely, it looks like etching the surface wouldn't be good option, but you could print see-through stickers that would allow light to shine through.
poly545-6162-00 (resized).jpgpoly545-6162-00 (resized).jpg

#6872 5 years ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

THOSE are awesome!! Do you have TS also?

No, unfortunately. These are both made by indypinhead

#6873 5 years ago

No, unfortunately. These are both made by indypinhead

I PM'ed Tim (indypinhead), and he says he's still making them, but it'll be a couple weeks before he can get to them because he's got some shop remodeling going on.

#6874 5 years ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

I PM'ed Tim (indypinhead), and he says he's still making them, but it'll be a couple weeks before he can get to them because he's got some shop remodeling going on.

Well post up when they are ready again because I might want to try it

#6875 5 years ago

Well post up when they are ready again because I might want to try it

Will do!

#6876 5 years ago

These parts were installed in my T2 when I got it in place of the Hunter Ship which I am sure broke long ago. I am not really a fan of mods or toys in my game so they came out and I put the Hunter Ship back where it should be. Does anyone here have interest in these toys or not? Not sure if they have any value? People seem to spend a money on these things but maybe its only worth something if I put a lightbulb in it first ( )

If anyone is interested let me know. Make me a reasonable offer that covers shipping and my time to box it up. Happy also to trade for parts for any of the games I own. Anything is reasonable like flipper rebuild parts, etc.

terminator parts (resized).jpgterminator parts (resized).jpg
#6877 5 years ago

A good friend of mine went to the Spooky Empire horror convention this weekend, which featured almost all the major cast members of The X-Files. This includes Robert Patrick (the T-1000, of course), so my friend brought my T2 translite to have autographed! Here it is, where RP signed it, and added "T-1000" and "Say...that's a nice bike".

As you'll see in the photo, I have Steve Ritchie's autograph on it as well.

Thought you guys would enjoy!

20181028_182300 (resized).jpg20181028_182300 (resized).jpg

#6878 5 years ago

Hey I’m a new T2 owner, and the machine I acquired was missing the T800 arm plastics that mount above the slingshots. I have ordered replacement plastics and have the hardware but I was wondering if anyone here could do me a solid and measure the plastic spacers that go between the slingshot cover plastics and the T800 arm/hand playtics. Considering I need 10 of these I would like to not have to purchase 2 or 3 different sizes just to test which one works. Thanks in advance!

#6879 5 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

A good friend of mine went to the Spooky Empire horror convention this weekend, which featured almost all the major cast members of The X-Files. This includes Robert Patrick (the T-1000, of course), so my friend brought my T2 translite to have autographed! Here it is, where RP signed it, and added "T-1000" and "Say...that's a nice bike".
As you'll see in the photo, I have Steve Ritchie's autograph on it as well.
Thought you guys would enjoy!
[quoted image]

Ruined...

#6880 5 years ago

Really cool from Mr. Patrick.
You now need an autograph from Arnie, too!

1 week later
#6881 5 years ago

Sold my t2 over the weekend and i found a set of brand new sling plastics. I am thinking these are repros but not a 100% when i got these the guy said they were old back stock. But you know how that goes. If your interested shoot me a pm. I am thinking 25 shipped should be fair. Will take a few pics later

#6882 5 years ago

I can finally join the club. Been searching for a T2 since the beginning. Something always came up. Buyer backed out, too expensive, too far away etc. well this T2 came off route today and was there since 1991.

Overall not bad condition. Some raised inserts but no wear on playfield. Everything works. Biggest issue is a bunch of gi is out and toasty gi connector. Perfect mpu but terrible dmd noise. No noise on vertical dmd test but lots of noise on horizontal test and all ones after that. Basically when a lot of the dmd is lit it's bad.

In my excitement to look over the playfield and examine boards, completely missed that HK ship was missing. Damn. Need to find one. Also missing plastic about 3 bank target.

IMG_8615 (resized).JPGIMG_8615 (resized).JPGIMG_8616 (resized).JPGIMG_8616 (resized).JPG
#6883 5 years ago

Your 3-bank target is not missing any plastic. HK ship available from a few sources, here is one: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-8570

#6884 5 years ago

Get the plastic protector (LED or not) for the bottom so it doesn't break again....

#6885 5 years ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

Sold my t2 over the weekend and i found a set of brand new sling plastics. I am thinking these are repros but not a 100% when i got these the guy said they were old back stock. But you know how that goes. If your interested shoot me a pm. I am thinking 25 shipped should be fair. Will take a few pics later

Here they are still I the plastic.

20181107_173046 (resized).jpg20181107_173046 (resized).jpg
#6886 5 years ago

Alright probably a dumb question but is there a fuse for the gun motor? My gun isn’t working. Put in test mode and nothing.

#6887 5 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Alright probably a dumb question but is there a fuse for the gun motor? My gun isn’t working. Put in test mode and nothing.

bump.. Might have to order a new motor I guess..

#6888 5 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

bump.. Might have to order a new motor I guess..

Others with more experience will hopefully chime in, but I think you should be able to troubleshoot some things before you get to the point of replacing the motor. I think the first step would be to confirm that the motor is getting power and still not working. I have not done it, but someone here may be able to walk you through it.

#6889 5 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

There is definitely a fuse for the gun motor. I don't have a T2 anymore, but I think it may be fuse F111? Check the manual. That said, I had an issue with blowing a fuse and the gun motor not working (link below). It ended up being a shorted flasher bulb, but shows that there are many reasons why the gun motor wouldn't be working. I would test fuses, voltages, and many other items before purchasing a new motor. While a new motor may be needed, it's extremely likely that isn't.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flashers-have-constant-voltage-fuse-blowing

#6890 5 years ago

quick newbie question...I just ordered an L-8 CPU chip as the machine came with L-3 originally. I heard someone say to be careful to make sure the sound chip is also compatible with the ROM as that can be important on some games. is there specific compatibility between CPU/sound ROMs on T2 that I should know about or am I good to install L-8 as-is?

#6891 5 years ago
Quoted from nugsy:

quick newbie question...I just ordered an L-8 CPU chip as the machine came with L-3 originally. I heard someone say to be careful to make sure the sound chip is also compatible with the ROM as that can be important on some games. is there specific compatibility between CPU/sound ROMs on T2 that I should know about or am I good to install L-8 as-is?

Literally did same thing and am cursious if I need a new sound rom too.

#6892 5 years ago

You guys are good, no need to change the sound roms.

#6893 5 years ago

You guys are good, no need to change the sound roms.

Confirmed. Changed mine to L-8 a couple years ago, never an issue, still using the original sound ROM's.

#6894 5 years ago

Just picked up this game and loving it. Traded Deadpool and some cash for it. Looks like some modding opportunities for us.

#6895 5 years ago

Almost Done!

IMG_3024 (resized).jpgIMG_3024 (resized).jpgP1080082 (resized).jpgP1080082 (resized).jpg
#6896 5 years ago

Those chrome pop bumper caps look good. What do they look like illuminated? Fully opaque right?

#6897 5 years ago

Lookin good. Where did you get the plastic protectors?

#6898 5 years ago

That is sexy!

#6899 5 years ago
Quoted from algrande:

Almost Done!
[quoted image][quoted image]

The chrome is fully opaque. I will post more pics when it's done.
The plastic protectors are from pinbits.

#6900 5 years ago

Question about troubleshooting light boards: the leftmost stand up in the center 3-bank has gone out ("Advance" in "Advance Escape Route"). When I first got the machine, it was working according to pictures I have. I replaced the bulb and cleaned off the connections to the twist socket on both the socket pins and board connector with no success. I traced the wiring about as competently as I could, reseated a few connectors as well as the light matrix headers in the backbox. I didn't notice any burnt pins or otherwise obviously bad connections.

What might a T2 veteran recommend looking into next? T2 is for all intents and purposes my very first pin and I am learning a lot about repair as I go. Any advice is welcome

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 26.50
$ 39.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Boards
Slap Save Creations

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 21.95
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 12.99
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 27.95
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 10,956 posts in this topic. You are on page 138 of 220.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/terminator-2-clubmembers-only/page/138?hl=jtm3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.