Screenshot_20240306_161857_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240306_161851_Chrome (resized).jpg
20240306_152641 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240222-220030~2 (resized).png
IMG_8764 (resized).jpeg
DSCN5566 (resized).JPG
20240215_182940 (resized).jpg
IMG_6648 (resized).jpeg

There are 10,853 posts in this topic. You are on page 136 of 218.
#6751 5 years ago

Payment sent!

#6752 5 years ago
Quoted from Buthamburg:

At the moment it is not possible, but it is to think of for the future.
Peter
www.buthamburg.de

Very fair. They look great man I might just break down and replace them all hahaha. We shall see

#6753 5 years ago
Quoted from Buthamburg:

Hello to all
The colors are ofcorse much fresher than those in your pin or NOS.
Your plastics have yellowed in the last 20 years. You lay an old yellowed clear plastic over
them and you will have the same efect and color. Thats what the plastics look liked 20 years ago.
Regards from Hamburg
Peter

Fair enough, i'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Now I'll work on convincing myself to pull the trigger on the most expensive plastics set ever, when I only really want the printed clears... Mine are original HUO, and only very slightly yellowed, but enough to bug me.

#6754 5 years ago

I’m happy to say I recently picked up a very nice T2.
At the moment is bare bones stock, but I’m planning to put a color DMD and LED it, as well as a few tasteful mods.
I’ll probably wind up reading through this entire thread eventually to see what cool mods are out there and what some of you have come up with.
Anybody care to give me the abridged version and point out what some of the better mods are?
Thanks
Kent

#6755 5 years ago

Some of my plastics are okay, some are yellow. I have bought some replacement plastics from a pinball store (5/6 pices) and not added them yet.
I will be replacing them all with this new set. Might be a little crazy, but I would like to have the exact same color on all my plastics and same quality.
So my one will be up for sale shortly after

#6756 5 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

I’m happy to say I recently picked up a very nice T2.
At the moment is bare bones stock, but I’m planning to put a color DMD and LED it, as well as a few tasteful mods.
I’ll probably wind up reading through this entire thread eventually to see what cool mods are out there and what some of you have come up with.
Anybody care to give me the abridged version and point out what some of the better mods are?
Thanks
Kent

ColorDMD is always a good choice, but with T2 there aren't that many animations that really make it as much of a no-brainer as it is with other titles. Some people have opted to just put a red filter over the DMD and use the $300+ saved toward other bling. I think the lit apron gives more of a wow factor for this game than ColorDMD. I feel like I look at T2's display while playing noticeably less often than my other games.

If your ramp signs are yellowed, I highly recommend the lit ramp signs. Also, if you like having a T-1000 figure the McFarlane T-1000 is nicely detailed and not too pricey on ebay. Also, the Hunter Ship on Amazon for about $25 looks good and is on my to-buy list.

#6757 5 years ago

Going to look at a T2 today and some of the inserts have chipping around them, and some other chips on the playfield, is that normal for this game?

IMG_4152 (resized).jpgIMG_4152 (resized).jpgIMG_4158 (resized).jpgIMG_4158 (resized).jpg
#6758 5 years ago
Quoted from SDAmusements:

Going to look at a T2 today and some of the inserts have chipping around them, and some other chips on the playfield, is that normal for this game?
[quoted image][quoted image]

It’s 25+ years old. If you’re worried about it, put some Mylar over it. Based on your name and business you have bigger issues to worry about like some asshat spilling a beer down the front of a pin.

I don’t claim to have read every page of this thread, but this is the first time I can think of that someone specifically asked this question. So I’m going to go with - not common. Lots of T2s came with diamondplate. Mine is 20 years HUO and looks better than a routed AS I played this week.

#6759 5 years ago

The large rectangular inserts on many games have shifted for some reason. It is a common issue since they are such large inserts. I wouldn't say all games have shifted inserts but some do. I think it all has to do with how the game was treated over its life (i.e. temp controlled storage or not, etc).

#6760 5 years ago

I’ve seen lots of raised inserts on T2, and also insert wear. More common than not.

#6761 5 years ago

On the inserts, yes, all T2's suffer from some degree of raised inserts... Once it starts, it just keeps getting worse unless you fix it and protect it.
As far as the chip by the flipper, that looks more like a "tool drop" scar... Common for any pin "maintained" by a hack operator during its life.

#6762 5 years ago

Now, after a long time - here they are - the new batch of licensed plastics for T2 from Peter (BUT-Germany).
Very well done.

DSCN6233 (resized).JPGDSCN6233 (resized).JPG

DSCN6234 (resized).JPGDSCN6234 (resized).JPG

#6763 5 years ago

Aww man he put too much blue in them!

#6764 5 years ago

They are perfect, I don't rip off the overlay until I mount them on the playfield.

2 weeks later
#6765 5 years ago

Do any of you T2 owners have, or could take, some good clear photos of the wiring on your coindoor, especially around the lamps and the coin switches? A previous owner did a real hack job on mine and fixing it is this weekend's project.

#6766 5 years ago

You got it! PM me if you need any better shots

20180831_154031 (resized).jpg20180831_154031 (resized).jpg20180831_154047 (resized).jpg20180831_154047 (resized).jpg20180831_154108 (resized).jpg20180831_154108 (resized).jpg20180831_154126 (resized).jpg20180831_154126 (resized).jpg20180831_154132 (resized).jpg20180831_154132 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#6767 5 years ago

Hello All,

I'm new to the pinball forum and just purchased a T2 pinball and loving it. Question. Machine did not come with the 'skeleton arm' plastics towards the bottom of the machine. I want to purchase them, which I found a source, but do not know the size spacers and screw size needed to mount them over the bottom layer plastics. Any guidance is much appreciated.

#6768 5 years ago

My game came without the hunter ship and I ordered the one from Marco. It doesn’t quite look like the picture which shows more definition and darker colors representing windows etc. I guess it will have to do... does anyone have a good photo of one mounted I can use as a guide? Also I hate how that area is so dark on the game - what has everyone done to improve that?

#6769 5 years ago

I have a brand new right ramp that I'm selling, minus the decals

#6770 5 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

My game came without the hunter ship and I ordered the one from Marco. It doesn’t quite look like the picture which shows more definition and darker colors representing windows etc. I guess it will have to do... does anyone have a good photo of one mounted I can use as a guide? Also I hate how that area is so dark on the game - what has everyone done to improve that?

Did you also buy the mounting wire for the ship? You'll need that too.....

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/12-7009

You can also get those on eBay for about 7 bucks shipped if you don't want to pay the shipping with Marco and don't need additional parts.

For lighting, I bought a $5 adhesive led strip from cointaker and just attached it to the bottom of the ship. Alligator clipped to the GI under the playfield. Helps a lot. See post #6653 in this thread, where I attached a pic of the lighting with that strip installed.

#6771 5 years ago
Quoted from cmack750:

Did you also buy the mounting wire for the ship? You'll need that too.....
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/12-7009
You can also get those on eBay for about 7 bucks shipped if you don't want to pay the shipping with Marco and don't need additional parts.
For lighting, I bought a $5 adhesive led strip from cointaker and just attached it to the bottom of the ship. Alligator clipped to the GI under the playfield. Helps a lot. See post #6653 in this thread, where I attached a pic of the lighting with that strip installed.

Thanks for the response. I bought the kit with the mounting bracket and screws I’m just not sure exactly where to screw it in and attach it. Definitely going to look into the LED strip because it is so dark over there. I hate moding games but in this case it needs some light. Your led strip suggestion sounds great. Thanks also for your post reference.

#6772 5 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

Thanks for the response. I bought the kit with the mounting bracket and screws I’m just not sure exactly where to screw it in and attach it. Definitely going to look into the LED strip because it is so dark over there. I hate moding games but in this case it needs some light. Your led strip suggestion sounds great. Thanks also for your post reference.

Pics attached. The wires in the picture just run to the light strip.

IMAG0022 (resized).jpgIMAG0022 (resized).jpgIMAG0023 (resized).jpgIMAG0023 (resized).jpgIMAG0025 (resized).jpgIMAG0025 (resized).jpg
#6773 5 years ago

Close to finish my T2 finally but I need to change the BB lights to white LEDs as well as the apron with the chromed one from Pinball Dreams.
5AA7BE3A-BE22-4BD9-9436-F1C44E1BA4D4 (resized).jpeg5AA7BE3A-BE22-4BD9-9436-F1C44E1BA4D4 (resized).jpeg75050F26-6392-4BE5-B274-8AEC51C84358 (resized).jpeg75050F26-6392-4BE5-B274-8AEC51C84358 (resized).jpeg6B0DC832-D776-4317-9083-6E4D5207FF95 (resized).jpeg6B0DC832-D776-4317-9083-6E4D5207FF95 (resized).jpeg9CB9C1F3-6772-4AA0-A1DD-7C70EA1EF908 (resized).jpeg9CB9C1F3-6772-4AA0-A1DD-7C70EA1EF908 (resized).jpeg40684C86-B9EC-4EE8-A204-65B3B30F7668 (resized).jpeg40684C86-B9EC-4EE8-A204-65B3B30F7668 (resized).jpeg

#6774 5 years ago

^^^^Beautiful^^^^

#6775 5 years ago

I purchased a really nice example of a T2 about a year ago and have been really enjoying it. I got lucky and bought one with no issues and looks like its never been routed and has always been well taken care of. even came wit a couple of mods {I think} and plays without a hiccup.
Ive been reading about plastics getting broken and I remembered I have a couple after market "fenderwashers" I think they are called, you know circular plastic about the size of a nickle or so so Id like to ask which plastics should I put them under?
The 2 by the entrance to the skull or:
the 2 at the end of the plastics by the right ramp emtrance
Which place would yall put them?
Thanks for any advice
Weeze

1520605227510blob (resized).jpg1520605227510blob (resized).jpg
#6776 5 years ago
Quoted from weeze:

I purchased a really nice example of a T2 about a year ago and have been really enjoying it. I got lucky and bought one with no issues and looks like its never been routed and has always been well taken care of. even came wit a couple of mods {I think} and plays without a hiccup.
Ive been reading about plastics getting broken and I remembered I have a couple after market "fenderwashers" I think they are called, you know circular plastic about the size of a nickle or so so Id like to ask which plastics should I put them under?
The 2 by the entrance to the skull or:
the 2 at the end of the plastics by the right ramp emtrance
Thanks for any advice
Weeze[quoted image]

Wow. A Hungarian Anti-Terror soldier and his dog.

#6777 5 years ago

That dog ,which is NOT a Lab in the picture kinda looks like a lab. Buddy of mine sent that to me cuz of my dawg as a joke. That freaking dawg looks vicious dont ya think? Bet youve seen a few of those, all nicely leashed and quiet I hope!
ok so where do you think the fenderwashers should go?

#6778 5 years ago

I am installing a playfield protector and this needs pulled to do it. What is best way to pull these from playfield?

Also, one is missing. Where can I get them at?

88CAED39-31DC-4E65-B771-AFD7D68AD748 (resized).jpeg88CAED39-31DC-4E65-B771-AFD7D68AD748 (resized).jpeg
#6779 5 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

I am installing a playfield protector and this needs pulled to do it. What is best way to pull these from playfield?
[quoted image]

Just pull. You won't hurt anything. I generally just pull one side out and then the other. You can wiggle/rock/rotate it a bit to get the second side out. Just push it back in when done and tap it all the way in place with a hammer if it can't be pushed in all the way by hand. Don't overthink it.

If you can't pull it out, I've used a piece if scrap wood between it and the playfield and then just use a flat head screw driver between the two as a prybar to get them out. The wood shim will prevent any scratching to the playfield.

If you can't find the exact guide, you can make your own from piano wire....pinball sites sell it exactly for that reason.

#6780 5 years ago
[quoted image]

Top and bottom of the slingshot plastics is almost always the first place to put them. Ideally, place them above the star posts but BELOW the screw holding the star posts in place if possible. So basically, the stack is star post -> fender washer -> post screw -> slingshot plastic -> nut. This creates a buffer between the washer and the plastic so if the washer takes a really hard hit, it won't pass the shock on to the plastic and break it anyway.

Those fender washer cost literally pennies, so if you are really concerned about protecting the corners of plastics, just buy a bunch and do as you will....or spend 20-25 bucks and buy and entire plastic protector set, which generally looks a little nicer and protects more that just the corners....

#6781 5 years ago
Quoted from cmack750:

Just pull.
If you can't find the exact guide, you can make your own from piano wire....pinball sites sell it exactly for that reason.

That was way easier than I thought. Was worried there might be epoxy holding it in or something. Pulled out very easy.

Piano wire? Those are that thick? Learning all kinds of new stuff today. Haha!

#6782 5 years ago

That was way easier than I thought. Was worried there might be epoxy holding it in or something. Pulled out very easy.
Piano wire? Those are that thick? Learning all kinds of new stuff today. Haha!

You'll need piano wire and a wire jig so you can bend it properly. Pretty easy. Marco sells one for pretty cheap.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/77-8593

There are a bunch of pinside threads on using piano wire, so check those out if you go that route.

#6783 5 years ago

I start to renew the playfield again... still a lot of work to do.

DSCN5921 (resized).JPGDSCN5921 (resized).JPG

DSCN6368 (resized).JPGDSCN6368 (resized).JPG

DSCN6369 (resized).JPGDSCN6369 (resized).JPG

I also start to design a new backplate made of Plexi with a customized decal as an illuminated picture.

Unbenannt (resized).JPGUnbenannt (resized).JPG

#6784 5 years ago

Can’t wait to see the illuminated backplate! I’d be interested if it turns out nice and you produce more than one.

#6785 5 years ago
Quoted from cmack750:

You'll need piano wire and a wire jig so you can bend it properly. Pretty easy. Marco sells one for pretty cheap.
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/77-8593
There are a bunch of pinside threads on using piano wire, so check those out if you go that route.

I've found that a wire jig really isn't necessary, and in fact will actually give you exaggerately rounded corner bends unlike the original piece. Just hold your wire in a vise or a pair of pliers and bend by hand over the corner. Put a couple of pieces of painter's tape on the tool first so the sharp edges don't bite into the wire. The result looks much closer to the original.

#6786 5 years ago

Can’t wait to see the illuminated backplate! I’d be interested if it turns out nice and you produce more than one.

Me too. Thats a neglected area in this pin. If it wasnt crazy expensive id be in.

#6787 5 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

I've found that a wire jig really isn't necessary, and in fact will actually give you exaggerately rounded corner bends unlike the original piece. Just hold your wire in a vise or a pair of pliers and bend by hand over the corner. Put a couple of pieces of painter's tape on the tool first so the sharp edges don't bite into the wire. The result looks much closer to the original.

Same here, a vice and pliers give perfect results !

#6788 5 years ago

More work at the playfield... Inserts and worn out areas.

DSCN6370 (resized).JPGDSCN6370 (resized).JPG

DSCN6371 (resized).JPGDSCN6371 (resized).JPG

DSCN6373 (resized).JPGDSCN6373 (resized).JPG

DSCN6374 (resized).JPGDSCN6374 (resized).JPG

DSCN6375 (resized).JPGDSCN6375 (resized).JPG

DSCN6376 (resized).JPGDSCN6376 (resized).JPG

DSCN6377 (resized).JPGDSCN6377 (resized).JPG

DSCN6379 (resized).JPGDSCN6379 (resized).JPG

DSCN6380 (resized).JPGDSCN6380 (resized).JPG

DSCN6381 (resized).JPGDSCN6381 (resized).JPG

#6789 5 years ago

just bought a T2

one of my favorite games of all time, looking forward to being a part of the machine community

#6790 5 years ago

Retouch looks great Averell . I always see people masking like that, and I just dont get how that works. It looks like you just masked the outside edges, and magically the black stayed inside the lines it was supposed to. How does that work? Are you masking with clear tape as well around the rest, and just leaving the lined area exposed? Im a total noob to retouch and painting work, forgive me.

#6791 5 years ago

First I create the insert borders in Corel-Designer.
If they 100% fit, I stick it on the insert, mask the environment and pull off the plotted part of the insert again ... then follows airbrush.

#6792 5 years ago

hey there.
The start button and the tilt stopped working after 3 plays on my recently bought T2 pin, which is really frustrating, as you can't play at all without this button.
The button itself works correctly. The coin door interface board is good (I tested it in another pinball), as are the connectors. Connection to cpu is fine, it's been tested too.
Now the weird parts: it's not the wire either, as the other switches of the column in the matrix are working correctly.
So i don't really know what else it can be... Any hints are welcome.

#6793 5 years ago
Quoted from stf_dnx:

start button and the tilt stopped working

Is it set on free play?

#6794 5 years ago
Quoted from smiley:

Is it set on free play?

yes

#6795 5 years ago
Quoted from stf_dnx:

hey there.
The start button and the tilt stopped working after 3 plays on my recently bought T2 pin, which is really frustrating, as you can't play at all without this button.
The button itself works correctly. The coin door interface board is good (I tested it in another pinball), as are the connectors. Connection to cpu is fine, it's been tested too.
Now the weird parts: it's not the wire either, as the other switches of the column in the matrix are working correctly.

Weird, could it be the microswitch? Ie if you touch those two leads together does the game start?

#6796 5 years ago
Quoted from stf_dnx:

hey there.

Got all balls in trough? Are all the trough switches working properly? Anything jamming up the trough?

#6797 5 years ago

Looking for some help here. I have non-ghosting Comet bulbs in the insert and the whole playfield doesn't ghost but the left bank for CPU, Access code etc. The right bank doesn't do it, just the left. You can see in the first picture the top CPU is about 20% lit and in the second picture you can see the checkpoint 100% lit like it should be but the cpu is still 20% lit (hard to see in the picture). Before I launch the ball and the skill shot lights cycle up in down (bank of lights right above) the 20% ghosting cycles with the those. What I mean by this is if the middle skill shot lot is lit then I'll have the silent alarm on at 20%. Any thoughts?

b (resized).jpgb (resized).jpgbb (resized).jpgbb (resized).jpg
#6798 5 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Looking for some help here. I have non-ghosting Comet bulbs in the insert and the whole playfield doesn't ghost but the left bank for CPU, Access code etc. The right bank doesn't do it, just the left. You can see in the first picture the top CPU is about 20% lit and in the second picture you can see the checkpoint 100% lit like it should be but the cpu is still 20% lit (hard to see in the picture). Before I launch the ball and the skill shot lights cycle up in down (bank of lights right above) the 20% ghosting cycles with the those. What I mean by this is if the middle skill shot lot is lit then I'll have the silent alarm on at 20%. Any thoughts?

I might try replacing the diodes for the affected bulbs on the lamp board.

#6799 5 years ago
Quoted from Brijam:

Got all balls in trough? Are all the trough switches working properly? Anything jamming up the trough?

This is a good point. When you are in switch level test do all three of those trough switches show as closed? Also during start up do you get the warning to press advance for the test report (IE I would think you would get one after a while if it hadn't heard from the start button being pressed in several cycles) although I'm not 100% on that.

#6800 5 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

They only answer is OCD board. http://ledocd.com

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Goodrich, MI
Boards
Slap Save Creations
Boards
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, IL
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods
Tools
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
East Hanover, NJ
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,853 posts in this topic. You are on page 136 of 218.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/terminator-2-clubmembers-only/page/136 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.