Topic Stats

• 7,882 posts
  • 569 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by tezting
  • Topic is favorited by 203 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,715 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

2020-04-04 (resized).jpg
20200404_153109 (resized).jpg
20200404_153056 (resized).jpg
20200404_153032 (resized).jpg
20200404_153024 (resized).jpg
20200403_153442 (resized).jpg
20200403_153824 (resized).jpg
merp (resized).jpg
20200402_215912 (resized).jpg
20200401_190320 (resized).jpg
20200401_190421 (resized).jpg
IMG_8265 (resized).jpg
row (resized).PNG
t2 (resized).jpg
clears (resized).jpg
IMG_8127 (resized).jpg

There are 7882 posts in this topic. You are on page 130 of 158.
#6451 1 year ago
Quoted from Averell:

Where's that stupid Mikonos Clown?

He got a 1 week vacation from the thread. Don't Beetlejuice him back!

RE: Laser I thought about adding it and wiring in a toggle switch. I don't need the laser to line up the shot, but when my mom visited she couldn't hit the target to save her life.

#6452 1 year ago
Quoted from Averell:

Where's that stupid Mikonos Clown?

He is now in the Hook club trying to spread his awesome designs there.

#6453 1 year ago

I was working in my "terminator 2 Pinball Translite" last week. Here are my results:

"Terminator 2 Pinball Translite" (WILLIAMS) restored by Zona Arcade and Mikonos.
http://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/Terminator%202%20Pinball%20Translite.%20Mikonos1.jpg

Details in "Terminator 2 Pinball Translite" (WILLIAMS) restored by Zona Arcade and Mikonos.
http://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/Terminator%202%20Pinball%20Translite.%20Mikonos2.jpg

Details in "Terminator 2 Pinball Translite" (WILLIAMS) restored by Zona Arcade and Mikonos.
http://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/Terminator%202%20Pinball%20Translite.%20Mikonos3.jpg

I made bigger screenshots, click to enlarge images (and click again on display image mode if it is necessary) for avoid blur effect of pinside´s miniatures.

I hope you like!

I will scan all "Terminator 2 Pinball exteriors" at the end of this month for to make a precise restoration. If you know my restoration work, you know how accuracy it is. I hope to show all finished pieces in 3 months.

Regards

#6454 1 year ago

Dumb question, do they make original trans-light replacements for T2? I've seen replacement Trans-lights but the art work is always different. Mine is in pretty bad shape (You can see lights shine through in some places) so a replacement would be super awesome. Thanks!

#6455 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Uh..nope. So you are against the military having laser guided rifles too? .

What? LOL....

#6456 1 year ago
Quoted from Malenko:

RE: Laser I thought about adding it and wiring in a toggle switch. I don't need the laser to line up the shot, but when my mom visited she couldn't hit the target to save her life.

...and hes back. Thanks for that.

Its neat, but its cheating. It just is. The game wasnt built that way, so its cheating. Deal with it, lol.

For your mom, thats cool. im all for that. toggle switch is cool!

#6457 1 year ago

No doubt it's cheating, but I could see the benefit for total neophytes. I cheat a different way, I lean over to the side of the machine. Well I used to, I can actually just do it without even looking now. There are audible clues for the first shot too.

I thought about buying the laser cannon mod without the laser (He sells that too) just because I like the look of it.

#6458 1 year ago
Quoted from Malenko:

I cheat a different way, I lean over to the side of the machine.

NOT cheating if you have a hand on the flippers still...

#6459 1 year ago

Lol, so lemme get this straight: the T-800 (a cybernetic organism (living tissue over a metal endoskeleton) with a triple-armored hyper-alloy combat chassis; a Heads-Up Display targeting system; and a Neural Net Processing CPU capable of calculating the distance of objects relative to itself, making detailed kinetic studies of trajectories, sampling and analyzing the atmosphere, weather patterns and wind velocity, analyzing human emotional states (in order to assess possible hostility), analyzing body language and direction of muscle contraction, calculating the force of gravity, analyzing texture and temperature of materials, sensing radar scans, and fitted with an internal chronometer) can use a .45 Longslide with laser sighting and it's not cheating, but it is for HUD-less ol' me???

(Yes, I know it's from the first movie, but it's still a T-800...)

#6460 1 year ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Quoted from Mikonos:

I was working in my "terminator 2 Pinball Translite" last week. Here are my results:

Too late...

#6461 1 year ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Quoted from Malenko:

No doubt it's cheating, but I could see the benefit for total neophytes....I thought about buying the laser cannon mod without the laser (He sells that too) just because I like the look of it.

I'm not interested in it for a tactical advantage. Even before I joined the military, had extensive weapons training, qualified double expert 7 times, and multiple tours down range, I had no trouble hitting the targets on T2. I just think it looks cool as hell!

#6462 1 year ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

I'm not interested in it for a tactical advantage. Even before I joined the military, had extensive weapons training, qualified double expert 7 times, and multiple tours down range, I had no trouble hitting the targets on T2. I just think it looks cool as hell!

Then get one, and make the laser be off target

#6463 1 year ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Then get one, and make the laser be off target

Actually, I might do that just to screw with people. That'd be funny! I was hoping someone here had experience with it, and maybe video...

#6465 1 year ago

I am looking for ramps/wireforms. Either used or new.

Any leads appreciated.

#6466 1 year ago
Quoted from monkeybug:

I am looking for ramps/wireforms. Either used or new.
Any leads appreciated.

The Plastic ramp you can get from starship fantasy. He’s got them in stock. Wire forms not sure maybe try ebay

#6467 1 year ago

I made a new custom card about "price"! I play with "A" letter and "Ciberdyne Logo" in "For amusement Only" phase! (It was not first time).

I hope you like and inspire you for yours own custom cards!

"Terminator 2 Custom Pinball Card - Price". Designed by Zona Arcade & Mikonos.
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/Terminator%202%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20-%20Price.%20Mikonos1.jpg

Details in "Terminator 2 Custom Pinball Card - Price". Designed by Zona Arcade & Mikonos.
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/Terminator%202%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20-%20Price.%20Mikonos2.jpg

Terminator 2 Custom Pinball Card - Price. Mikonos1.jpg

I made bigger screenshots, click to enlarge images (and click again on display image mode if it is necessary) for avoid blur effect of pinside´s miniatures.

Regards

#6468 1 year ago

I just got messaged by Mikonos, apparently by down voting him we are harassing him? I tried to explain that his giant pictures keep clogging up this thread and that some people like myself watch it to help other owners with issues they run into and for ideas and mods and that he should just create his own art thread to display all of his nice cards which no one is allowed to buy? I guess my thought is would we be less annoyed with his posts if he was willing to share the end result with us? I think I would but, I like stuff to be honest . I think I'll put him on ignore status going forward so I don't have to see his posts. He won't get down voted by me and I will have to see his giant pictures with neat art that I can't have.

#6469 1 year ago
Quoted from darcangeloel:

I just got messaged by Mikonos, apparently by down voting him we are harassing him? I tried to explain that his giant pictures keep clogging up this thread and that some people like myself watch it to help other owners with issues they run into and for ideas and mods and that he should just create his own art thread to display all of his nice cards which no one is allowed to buy? I guess my thought is would we be less annoyed with his posts if he was willing to share the end result with us? I think I would but, I like stuff to be honest . I think I'll put him on ignore status going forward so I don't have to see his posts. He won't get down voted by me and I will have to see his giant pictures with neat art that I can't have.

Yes, I agree it is clogging up this thread with these ugly cards. Problem is, he is already has been linking to his other thread to all his cards. One post with the link was plenty in my opinion.

#6470 1 year ago

I just explained the situation to him. All good....

#6471 1 year ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I just explained the situation to him. All good....

We shall see. He had a 7 day timeout last time and apparently couldn't figure it out. Maybe his 14 day timeout will do the trick.

#6472 1 year ago

I like how someone said "Don't beetle juice him back". Very funny, as my wife and I say that all the time and then shortly after they show up or call us.... Back to the topic on hand... by any chance does anyone have a NOS or even just a real nice copy of the original trans-light? Mine is beat and I'll like to replace it if at all possible. Sadly someone tried to "fix" mine by spray painting white spray paint on the back of it. I can assure you, it does not help.

#6473 1 year ago

by any chance does anyone have a NOS or even just a real nice copy of the original trans-light?

A nice copy? See Post #6453 where Mikonos was showing he can do that too.

#6475 1 year ago

A nice copy? See Post #6453 where Mikonos was showing he can do that too.

Yup, if only he sold his art work.... Seriously though, no one knows about a place that reproduces the stock trans light?

#6477 1 year ago

If we can just get a Breaking Dad, T2 biggest fan, sighting here, all would be right in the pinball universe again....

#6478 1 year ago

He'll Be Bak!

#6479 1 year ago
Quoted from spfxted:

ebay.com link » Terminator 2 Pinball Alternate Translite

Thanks for this, I was hoping for the original though, lots of good alternate translights but, I think the original is the best. Guess I'll just keep dreaming.

#6480 1 year ago
Quoted from spfxted:

ebay.com link » Terminator 2 Pinball Alternate Translite

That's kinda cool. I wouldn't mind having something like that in an LED light box (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/swap-box-introducing-a-new-game-roompinball-led-light-box-display) just for game room artwork. Any other alt translites out there? It'd be cool to have one with the T-1000 on it also, now that we all know he's in the movie...

#6481 1 year ago

Yup, if only he sold his art work.... Seriously though, no one knows about a place that reproduces the stock trans light?

Is yours damaged or missing? Other than the alternative, I'm not currently aware of an original unless you happen to find one on Ebay, but might have scratches, etc.

I wish PPS would have a 3d one made for T2. That would be sweet.

#6482 1 year ago

Is yours damaged or missing?
I wish PPS would have a 3d one made for T2. That would be sweet.

Sadly yes, It has just seen better days, the lights in the back box (Incandescent) shine through and it is almost brown in certain places... not so bad that it was a deal breaker but, I'd love to replace it one day

#6483 1 year ago

My translite is also scratched in a few places, but doesn't sound as bad as yours.

#6484 1 year ago

I believe they had one at Allentown....

#6485 1 year ago

Sadly yes, It has just seen better days, the lights in the back box (Incandescent) shine through and it is almost brown in certain places... not so bad that it was a deal breaker but, I'd love to replace it one day

Mine sounds like it’s in a similar condition to yours, hopefully someone remakes them. With new playfields, cabinet decals and soon new plastics available for T2, surely we’ll see an original translate made too. We can only hope.

#6486 1 year ago

Hey T2 lovers....I'm BACK...!!!...and in total mid-life crisis mode....and I see in perfect time to see if you need a Supreme/WMS Collab translite...........Joey

IMG_4286 (resized).JPG

#6487 1 year ago

All is right in the world again

Welcome back Joey

#6488 1 year ago
Quoted from mmr61184:

The Plastic ramp you can get from starship fantasy. He’s got them in stock. Wire forms not sure maybe try ebay

Thanks. That is what I need.

I am now just looking for the metal ramp. Seems to be an uncommon part. Anyone have an extra one by some odd chance?

metal_ramp (resized).jpg

#6489 1 year ago

I am also trying to source some replacement inserts for the large inserts. Anyone know where I can get these?

t2_inserts (resized).JPG

#6490 1 year ago
Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

Hey T2 lovers....I'm BACK...!!!...and in total mid-life crisis mode....and I see in perfect time to see if you need a Supreme/WMS Collab translite...........Joey

I can sleep well at night knowing T2’s biggest fan is back in the forum fold!!! Jo-ey! Jo-ey! Jo-ey!

#6491 1 year ago

awwwwwman my SFII Alt translight looks SO MUCH BETTER NOW! I knew it was missing something. Speaking of Alt translights, Im working on a T2 alt , all original based on the movie. I commissioned the art so, Im gonna have to break even on it before I release the files for free. Wont clog this thread with large teaser pix but I will post when its done. stpcore will be providing prints as always.
Here's a small section of it, I put a very unobtrusive watermark on it.

T800 (resized).png

#6492 1 year ago

hello everyone.
I just purchased a project t2 and was wondering if anyone may have some extra parts laying around. Im looking for some plastics and the left metal ramp
thanks

#6493 1 year ago

So I removed all Mylar minus the big peace in the pop bumper area. Used the freeze method. It was my first try at this, and I am super stoked that no paint came off. Now I am going to start flushing up the inserts. I plan on using a clap with pieces of wood, and heat on the bottom side of the playfield. None of the inserts are very bad just few with slightly raised corners. I am hopeful that they will stay flush with this method as I am not planning to use any new glue if I don't have to. What kind of success have yall you have using this kind of method? Thanks Shawn

#6494 1 year ago
Quoted from smoothbore19:

So I removed all Mylar minus the big peace in the pop bumper area. Used the freeze method. It was my first try at this, and I am super stoked that no paint came off. Now I am going to start flushing up the inserts. I plan on using a clap with pieces of wood, and heat on the bottom side of the playfield. None of the inserts are very bad just few with slightly raised corners. I am hopeful that they will stay flush with this method as I am not planning to use any new glue if I don't have to. What kind of success have yall you have using this kind of method? Thanks Shawn

I really think you should add new glue. I have previously tested without and they did not stay.
I have flushed all my inserts and glued them and they are not moving anymore

#6495 1 year ago
Quoted from tezting:

I really think you should add new glue. I have previously tested without and they did not stay.
I have flushed all my inserts and glued them and they are not moving anymore

How much and what kind of glue did you use? I was figuring on 2-part epoxy, and just running a bead around the edge where the plastic meets the wood? Not taking the inserts out, just clamping them down.

#6496 1 year ago
Quoted from jibmums:

2-part epoxy, and just running a bead around the edge where the plastic meets the wood

That is exactly what I used and how I did it

#6497 1 year ago

Thank you for the input guys. I have some two epoxy sounds like Ill use it on the worst of the inserts first see how that works. Also got in some 100 Grand Blitz for the playfield once I'm done.

#6498 1 year ago

Just joined the club. Stupid Question how many balls? I had a 4 ball multiball happening but lock bar says insert 3 balls. Manual doesn't say anywhere I can see.
Thanks
Dumboz

#6499 1 year ago

3 balls. Page 1-3 of the manual.

#6500 1 year ago

Just as labeled on the game.

Quoted from Jakusu:lock bar says insert 3 balls

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Trade
Machine - For Trade
San Mateo, CA
There are 7882 posts in this topic. You are on page 130 of 158.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside