pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240330_033124675.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240330_033100685 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240330_033107624 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240328_050605393 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240325_220106014 (1) (resized).jpg
PXL_20240327_052946771 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240327_035252232 (resized).jpg
There are 10,935 posts in this topic. You are on page 115 of 219.
#5702 6 years ago

Soulrider911 The restore is looking nice! Imo the blue apron really looks out of place with the chrome addition. I was going to do the chrome and then decided the few missing items made it a non-option (still have not started the restore). The box really looks incredible. Any plans or thoughts?

#5703 6 years ago

Thanks TimberOne are u referring to the decals? Or the powdercoat on the apron?

#5704 6 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

$1200 and he’s pretty firm.

Sheesh! My first T2 was almost mint and cost $800!

#5705 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Sheesh! My first T2 was almost mint and cost $800!

Ya, in 2002. I wouldnt list my for any less than $2500.

#5706 6 years ago

Can't wait to replace my old / yellowed / bent / broken plastics!

WhatsApp Image 2017-11-03 at 15.38.21 (resized).jpegWhatsApp Image 2017-11-03 at 15.38.21 (resized).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2017-11-03 at 15.38.18 (resized).jpegWhatsApp Image 2017-11-03 at 15.38.18 (resized).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2017-11-03 at 15.38.24 (resized).jpegWhatsApp Image 2017-11-03 at 15.38.24 (resized).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2017-11-03 at 15.38.27 (resized).jpegWhatsApp Image 2017-11-03 at 15.38.27 (resized).jpeg

#5707 6 years ago

How many of yall have installed the color dmd?

#5708 6 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

How many of yall have installed the color dmd?

Me. Love it! I posted a video when I first put it in many pages back.

#5709 6 years ago

Are there any lamp matrix gurus out there?

I've just swapped over to insert LEDs with an LEDOCD installed. If I put a bulb in the start button I get two lights from columns 7 and 8 on single light tests. This happens on a couple of column 8 lights.

Then if I take the start button bulb out everything is fine. Looked for wiring shorts by there is nothing obvious.

#5710 6 years ago

thewool is the start bulb and led? If it is try an incandescent. If it is an led make sure the bulb is non ghosting

#5711 6 years ago

Hey T2 folks would anyone be so kind to post a picture of the power driver board? I am in the process of debugging an issue and want to make sure I have all the wires connected correct

#5712 6 years ago

Recently picked up a Pinsound board and I think I'm going to install it in my T2. Without scrolling through 115 pages, who here has one in their T2, and what file set is the best one to get?

#5713 6 years ago

Quick question - my T2 has color matched LEDs already in the inserts but I want to switch to LEDs for my GI lighting. Cool or warm white? I am thinking cool but before I ordered a whole bunch wanted to see what others had used/recommended. Thanks!

#5714 6 years ago

nicknack66 I went all natural white (cool white) and cyan, I think it fits the theme well!

#5715 6 years ago
Quoted from nicknack66:

Quick question - my T2 has color matched LEDs already in the inserts but I want to switch to LEDs for my GI lighting. Cool or warm white? I am thinking cool but before I ordered a whole bunch wanted to see what others had used/recommended. Thanks!

I did sunlight white from comet in the beginning. Which is somewhere between warm and cool white. Even the sunlight was too white for my tastes. I ended up moving them all to warm white. And they were both domed and frosted.

It really just comes down to your taste. I did red colored GIs in the pop bumper area to add to the red thats already there and I love the overall look.

#5716 6 years ago

sunlight or cool white looks great on T2

#5717 6 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Recently picked up a Pinsound board and I think I'm going to install it in my T2. Without scrolling through 115 pages, who here has one in their T2, and what file set is the best one to get?

My recommendation:

Original Reorchestrated:

Original Soundtrack version:

#5718 6 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

My recommendation:
Original Reorchestrated:
» YouTube video
Original Soundtrack version:
» YouTube video

So are those 2 different sound packages that I load onto the board at one time?

#5719 6 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

So are those 2 different sound packages that I load onto the board at one time?

Exactly, you can upload both, and switch between 2 versions within seconds.

#5720 6 years ago

Arnold is now in color. Wow, what a difference.
IMG_1199 (resized).JPGIMG_1199 (resized).JPG
IMG_1202 (resized).JPGIMG_1202 (resized).JPG
IMG_1206 (resized).JPGIMG_1206 (resized).JPG

#5721 6 years ago

Sorry if this is a rookie question, but I've seen a few different backglass versions like the one from the post above. Were there different versions of the game released, or were different backglass options available at launch?

#5722 6 years ago
Quoted from BubbaBeast:

Sorry if this is a rookie question, but I've seen a few different backglass versions like the one from the post above. Were there different versions of the game released, or were different backglass options available at launch?

That translite is a "Chrome" alternate. There's some similar style decals for the side of the cabinet as well.

https://www.retrorefurbs.com/shop/terminator-2-chrome-alternative-pinball-translite/

#5723 6 years ago

Thanks Fezmid! Interesting - I didn't realize that there was an after market Backglass for this machine (and others?).

#5724 6 years ago

Thanks all for the LED GI light suggestions. As YPURCHN said, looks like it's a matter of personal taste. I have some warm whites in another pin so I think I'll swap those into the T2 to see how it looks and from there decide to stay with that or try cool white.

#5725 6 years ago

I like cool whites in sci fi themes. Some like purple or blues, personally dont care for that look. I did TSPP in sunlight which I like over cool white on that pin since it looks more like the softer "cartoon" theme. Some like stock incondescent bulbs, i dont like the yellow hue. Do what you like!

#5726 6 years ago
Quoted from nicknack66:

Thanks all for the LED GI light suggestions. As YPURCHN said, looks like it's a matter of personal taste. I have some warm whites in another pin so I think I'll swap those into the T2 to see how it looks and from there decide to stay with that or try cool white.

I used Sunlight on my T2 and really like it. Not too blue and not too yellow, it is just right! But I agree with what the others have said, Sunlight would be too white for some themes.

#5727 6 years ago
Quoted from BubbaBeast:

The alternate translites are custom after-market items. They were never originally installed in the game. The original translite is not available, so some people throw in a custom one instead.

#5728 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

The alternate translites are custom after-market items. They were never originally installed in the game. The original translite is not available, so some people throw in a custom one instead.

Or they throw a custom because it's better looking than the original!

#5729 6 years ago

Hi all!
I got some great news, Peter who did the T2 playfields are thinking about doing a second run! So if you want new shiny great looking playfield. Please let him know and sign up for one
He is currently talking about July so you have plenty of time to save up.

#5730 6 years ago
Quoted from tezting:

Hi all!
I got some great news, Peter who did the T2 playfields are thinking about doing a second run! So if you want new shiny great looking playfield. Please let him know and sign up for one

I'm a bit uninformed but interested. What was the cost and who is Peter?

#5731 6 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

I think...
http://www.buthamburg.de/playfields/t2.html

#5732 6 years ago
Quoted from tezting:

Hi all!

Man I wish... They are spendy but man, do they look nice! Makes me wish I had a totally roached T2 to put one in...

#5733 6 years ago

Hey maffewl I’ll have a HSA restored T2 playfield I’ll be selling when I get it back if your in need of a PF. Ironically I have a playfield from Pete on my newly restored T2. Mine was a blem and the last one he made. They are super nice, but plan on pre drilling a lot of the holes. On mine the clear coat is pretty soft.

I would not put it up against an HSA but they are darn nice and Pete is a Stellar guy.

#5734 6 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

You can see the last run here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/terminator-2-judgment-day-repro-playfields-pre-order-open

Quoted from Soulrider911:

They are super nice, but plan on pre drilling a lot of the holes.

Just got an answer from Peter about this:
"We weren’t sure, for some original have it, some don’t.
But I have heard that people are drilling it, so in future we will have it drilled."

On mine the clear coat is pretty soft.

Have you tested recently with a nail? He is putting a lot of clear on, so I think it takes some time before it is totally cured.

I would not put it up against an HSA

I would nearly always have a new playfield compared to a restored one. It is new healthy wood, so the shooter lane is "perfect" and does not need paint etc. Also there will be no bondo etc. on the playfield or paint over paint. Restoration is awesome and I don't doubt that it can be awesome! But if I could choose I would always buy a new one, I guess thats also why you are selling you HSA and keeping the new one? (Sorry if I misundertodd you, but understood it like HSA > New playfield)

#5735 6 years ago

Anyone know when they are doing cabinet decals?

#5736 6 years ago

tezting interesting points. And I agree with a lot of them.

In my case my old playfield (that went to HSA) was in amazing condition to begin with. No bondo needed, healthy wood, no planking, no raised inserts, really could have been used as it was.

As a collector, I would always chose an original, but that’s just me and that’s because like an old car, I like keeping them as original as possible. That does not mean that my opinion is fact for every other person In This hobby.

There are tons of advantages of repro playfields. One being color. Newer printing techniques and the fact a new pf is well new, the colors are un faded.

I’m not saying one is better than the other because that’s in the eye of the beholder.

#5737 6 years ago
Quoted from TimberOne:

Quoted from TimberOne:

Keep posting! I need to strip mine down and rebuild. I will be doing the same process, want to do it right. Any do's and dont's are appreciated!
Where you able to get cabinet decals? I have been waiting for months for repros
Do you guys want to go in on an order from pinball center? I need a few things. Anyone have a out of usa mailbox?

Quoted from AlexSMendes:

I'd recommend RetroRefurbs for the Cabinet Decals.

timberone I reccomend retro refurbs @retrorefurbs as alexsmendes mentioned. Their decals are top notch quality, and hey have amazing customer service. I used them on my pirates restore and they are awesome. I am going with them as well on on my t2 restore. Here is my build thread as im documenting a lot of the work https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/t2-restoration

#5738 6 years ago
Quoted from TimberOne:

Beginning of December he said today. They will be silk screened with fluorescent color.

#5739 6 years ago

tezting interesting points. And I agree with a lot of them.
In my case my old playfield (that went to HSA) was in amazing condition to begin with. No bondo needed, healthy wood, no planking, no raised inserts, really could have been used as it was.
As a collector, I would always chose an original, but that’s just me and that’s because like an old car, I like keeping them as original as possible. That does not mean that my opinion is fact for every other person In This hobby.
There are tons of advantages of repro playfields. One being color. Newer printing techniques and the fact a new pf is well new, the colors are un faded.
I’m not saying one is better than the other because that’s in the eye of the beholder.

Sounds like you had a healthy playfield. So if it is just small corrections and clear coat I think it can look great.
I understand that having it 100% original and looking great is nice. But the way I see it is where is the line? When you are removing the silk screened art and adding decals to the cabinet? Why not just restore that also? And some are changing boards to new rotten ones?
But somehow people have a special opinion on the playfield with the milky inserts (old clear) this should be kept original!!!
I hope you get my point (just what I think). Changing out the playfield is just like removing the original cabinet art. Or changing out another major part. Either have a perfect 100% original or don’t. I don’t understand why people look different on playfield repros? New ones are perfect and have clear inserts

#5740 6 years ago

Your right tezting and I’m an offender myself, my recent T2 restore has chrome ed decals which some people cringe about. My goal “keep as original as possible” which in many cases means new stuff, that is not “original”. I think the playfield is the holy grail of any pin, so there could be an argument that the playfield is different than swapping boards or a cabinet out.

In the end they are your pins, and no one should determine what you should do, and should not do to them except you

#5741 6 years ago
Quoted from tezting:

Beginning of December he said today. They will be silk screened with fluorescent color.

Yes, please! Where did he say this and how do I get on that list?

Edit: found the signup page: http://www.buthamburg.de/playfields/playfields.html

#5742 6 years ago

Breaking Dad Joey said he would be back!!! On his way home.....

3E7818A0-5367-4935-9AF3-48759EE999C9 (resized).jpeg3E7818A0-5367-4935-9AF3-48759EE999C9 (resized).jpeg

#5743 6 years ago

Breaking Dad Joey said he would be back!!! On his way home.....

Umm, please tell me you dont transport pins with the head up??!! I only ask because lowering the head after loading and strapping seems a bit bassackwards.

#5744 6 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Umm, please tell me you dont transport pins with the head up??!! I only ask because lowering the head after loading and strapping seems a bit bassackwards.

No keys to get into backbox....this one had to move heads up.

#5745 6 years ago

No keys to get into backbox....this one had to move heads up.

#5747 6 years ago

Not to beat a dead horse here but you can fold down the backbox without keys, just an FYI

#5748 6 years ago

Not to beat a dead horse here but you can fold down the backbox without keys, just an FYI

How do you remove the bolts securing the head without keys?

#5749 6 years ago

you can fold down the backbox

Can't you read? You just fold down the backbox.

#5750 6 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

How do you remove the bolts securing the head without keys?

You use the torx security tool that every pinhead should have, and remove the lock plate.

detail.JPGdetail.JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Boards
PinSound

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
$ 21.95
$ 39.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.95
There are 10,935 posts in this topic. You are on page 115 of 219.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/terminator-2-clubmembers-only/page/115 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.