• Topic is favorited by 274 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

53663951190_696642b1ae_c (resized).jpg
53663311748_14568d061c_c (resized).jpg
53662225557_f2e8f3ac6e_k (resized).jpg
Williams_1991_Terminator_2_Judgment_Day_Manual_-_Update.pdf (PDF preview)
A2_Feature_Adjustments_(Update).pdf (PDF preview)
Terminator2_L8_4.pdf (PDF preview)
53639132189_e8b428873f_k (resized).jpg
53639132179_2f5a4b2c09_k (resized).jpg
IMG_5447 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5475 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5462 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240401_002830006 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240401_002816443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_192714330 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_192724360 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_192719354 (resized).jpg
There are 10,956 posts in this topic. You are on page 113 of 220.
#5601 6 years ago
Quoted from Cdonnerusmc:

Still waiting on mirror blades but other than that I'm happy with it. The camera doesn't record the colors well and make it look a lot more purple than it is. Also yeah I know the spotlights are a bit much but they definitely help light up the table in my dark game room. And it's my machine so... hahaha

What smoothing mode are you using on the ColorDMD? 8-Bit, Hi-Res? usually use Dots-XL on the older Bally/Williams games and smoothing on newer games like AC/DC. But that shot of the AUTOFIRE screen looks great.

#5602 6 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Anyone know why T2 flipper coils use 2 return springs?? One on the plunger and one on the switch arm?
Seems to me it's a little excessive and prevents full range of motion.

That is not right. If you have the external spring, you do not use the one on the pawl. Someone assembled that flipper incorrectly.

#5603 6 years ago

Schwaggs that someone was me... I was basing it on how this was previously constructed as I rebuilt them. Thank you for hr input!

#5604 6 years ago

schwaggs that someone was me... I was basing it on how this was previously constructed as I rebuilt them. Thank you for hr input!

Oh, I see. I thought your game came that way!

For the record, T2 came with the spring on the pawl from the factory and rebuild kits include that type spring.

A worthwhile upgrade (to me) is to toss the plunger spring in the spare part box, and add the spring bracket and external spring (like you did). That makes things much snappier.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1510

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=306

#5605 6 years ago

Can someone tell me how to activate the awards on the “Database” lock? I’m on my second T2 machine and neither of them do anything other than up the jackpot when that far left shot is made. I’ve played other T2 games location and I know that when that shot is lit it, goes into the random award cycle. Is there a setting to activate this in the menu or is something wrong on both of my machines that this isn’t doing it?

Any input is appreciated.

#5606 6 years ago
Quoted from Minneapolispin:

Can someone tell me how to activate the awards on the “Database” lock? I’m on my second T2 machine and neither of them do anything other than up the jackpot when that far left shot is made. I’ve played other T2 games location and I know that when that shot is lit it, goes into the random award cycle. Is there a setting to activate this in the menu or is something wrong on both of my machines that this isn’t doing it?
Any input is appreciated.

Database is off at the beginning of each ball. Database lights when you hit the drop target, and stays lit for the duration of that ball, unless you hit it. There is no programming option related to Database.

#5607 6 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Database is off at the beginning of each ball. Database lights when you hit the drop target, and stays lit for the duration of that ball, unless you hit it. There is no programming option related to Database.

Hmmm.. I'll have to check which drop targets to hit when I get home. Something must have been wrong with my last game if I never saw the Database random award happen, even after playing a few hundred games. So far I've only played about 10 full games on this new machine and have yet to see it lit. I only get the jackpot increasing.

#5608 6 years ago

Hmmm.. I'll have to check which drop targets to hit when I get home. Something must have been wrong with my last game if I never saw the Database random award happen, even after playing a few hundred games. So far I've only played about 10 full games on this new machine and have yet to see it lit. I only get the jackpot increasing.

The drop target is the one that leads to the skull. Hit that target, database turns on, and your next shot to the skull locks.

#5609 6 years ago

Ok I must have an issue with the game. My drop target in front of the skull does go up and down, but the Database insert never lights or does the random awards. Thank you for the insight. I'll tinker around tonight and see if I can figure out the problem.

#5610 6 years ago

Ok I must have an issue with the game. My drop target in front of the skull does go up and down, but the Database insert never lights or does the random awards. Thank you for the insight. I'll tinker around tonight and see if I can figure out the problem.

Sounds like an issue with the drop target switch not registering. The switch should be closed when the drop target is down.

#5611 6 years ago

It occured to me... Make sure "drop target broken" is turned OFF in feature adjustments settings.

#5612 6 years ago

Finally got around to installing my Pin2DMD in my T2 , color by Meeeeeeeeeee :p

20171003_194332 (resized).jpg20171003_194332 (resized).jpg
20171003_194316 (resized).jpg20171003_194316 (resized).jpg
20171003_194319 (resized).jpg20171003_194319 (resized).jpg
20171003_201423 (resized).jpg20171003_201423 (resized).jpg
20171003_190053 (resized).jpg20171003_190053 (resized).jpg

#5613 6 years ago

and here's a brief video:

#5614 6 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Finally got around to installing my Pin2DMD in my T2 , color by Meeeeeeeeeee :p

How were you not the FIRST person to have your own code installed?!?!

#5615 6 years ago

I finally finished my T2 and got it moved into the house. So happy to have this game back in my collection. I regretted selling the first one I owned.

46538274-8572-466C-A006-BDF5096A35E2 (resized).jpeg46538274-8572-466C-A006-BDF5096A35E2 (resized).jpeg

#5616 6 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

How were you not the FIRST person to have your own code installed?!?!

I was, but I pulled it out to work on Godzilla and Lethal Weapon 3 Those are done so this one went back to its home and I ordered more hardware

#5617 6 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

It occured to me... Make sure "drop target broken" is turned OFF in feature adjustments settings.

Lol......what's happened is the arm on the switch #77 has came/ "popped" off....its in the bottom of the cab most likely..............Joey

#5618 6 years ago

Finally have our Hunter Killer mod done. Designed same size as original, and uses original mounting wire. Solid resin, will not break if hit with ball.

White lights for search lights in front of Hunter Killer, as in the movie.

Blue engine lights on top and shine down.

Red taillights as in the movie.

hunter killer 1 (resized).jpghunter killer 1 (resized).jpg

All lights on one circuit. You can hook to GI to have on all the time, or hook up to a play field light and turn on and off with that light.

We will have brain chip and Terminator arm done soon and will sell as a package.

Also adding the Terminator 2 arm in our pinspinner line:

Best to PM us if interested, we don't check forums often.

Hunter Killer - $109.99, shipping in US $8, shipping out of US $30

In the background of the brain chip is the 40 watt plasma rifle from the movie and pictured in the game. It has a flashing red light. Also available soon.

terminator 2 hunter killer 3 (resized).jpgterminator 2 hunter killer 3 (resized).jpg

terminator 2 hunter killer 5 (resized).jpgterminator 2 hunter killer 5 (resized).jpg

play field mods (resized).jpgplay field mods (resized).jpg

#5619 6 years ago

That HK is very nice, well done.

The spinning arm is pretty neat too.

As if there wasnt enough places to blow money on T2! Some one make some new rules already to spice this beast up.

#5621 6 years ago

NIce! Do the lights flash or are they solid litedpinballmods

Thanks, They are solid.

#5622 6 years ago

110 bucks + shipping? Wow...

As gorgeous as it seems, I think I'll pass and stick with my US$ 30 regular no-fancy lights I bought on ebay.

#5624 6 years ago

Ok all T2 owners need your help. I somehow missed getting a tight picture of this skull area during the teardown. These 2 dimples, a screw of some kind goes in them and I know it has to do the plastics... but I don't what specifically. Any help would be awesome!

what (resized).pngwhat (resized).png

#5625 6 years ago

Ok all T2 owners need your help. I somehow missed getting a tight picture of this skull area during the teardown. These 2 dimples, a screw of some kind goes in them and I know it has to do the plastics... but I don't what specifically. Any help would be awesome!

I think its a regular sheet metal screw through the plastics in that area into the PF. Are you looking for the specific length and/or type?

#5626 6 years ago

Thanks Schwaggs I imagine there is a post support the screw goes though though?

#5627 6 years ago

Thanks schwaggs I imagine there is a post support the screw goes though though?

The 1-1/8" standoffs for these are nearly impossible to find, so use 2 of each of these, with #6 nyloc nuts.
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-8371
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/530-5010-01

#5628 6 years ago
Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

Finally have our Hunter Killer mod done. Designed same size as original, and uses original mounting wire. Solid resin, will not break if hit with ball.

All lights on one circuit. You can hook to GI to have on all the time, or hook up to a play field light and turn on and off with that light.
We will have brain chip and Terminator arm done soon and will sell as a package.
Also adding the Terminator 2 arm in our pinspinner line:
» YouTube video
Best to PM us if interested, we don't check forums often.
Hunter Killer - $109.99, shipping in US $8, shipping out of US $30
In the background of the brain chip is the 40 watt plasma rifle from the movie and pictured in the game. It has a flashing red light. Also available soon.

Might be interested in a couple ships. Can you post a picture of the underside?

#5629 6 years ago

Pretty proud of my wood patching skills, not bad for my first time! smooth as can be

BA (resized).pngBA (resized).png

#5630 6 years ago

Here is another pinsider's T2 teardown with pics and info. Check pic #31 and on

http://creamyeagle.blogspot.com/2014/05/terminator-2-pinball-tear-down.html

#5631 6 years ago

Does anyone know if there's a place to buy decals for the canon? Mine are peeling off and look a little worn. I've seen the chrome edition ones, but I'm looking for original colors.

#5632 6 years ago

So I'm just about finished the playfield on my T2 restoration. I have wondered what this metal guide really does... I mean its attached to a plastic in a single place, in which the plastic is very common to break. I can't really see any benefit except for some redundancy to prevent the ball from flying into or out of the back of the skull. I'm going to leave it out and see what happens.

IMG_5838 (resized).JPGIMG_5838 (resized).JPG

IMG_8798 (resized).JPGIMG_8798 (resized).JPG

#5633 6 years ago

That piece has been missing from my T2 since I got it years ago. I've never had a problem.

#5634 6 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

That piece has been missing from my T2 since I got it years ago. I've never had a problem.

Mine ain't got this part either...

#5635 6 years ago

Fezmid here I just ordered a Decal set and it comes with 2 cannon decals, i can sell you one. Brand new it from this: http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=DC-AP-T2-2

#5636 6 years ago

If anyone cares, I installed code version L8.2 recently from Peter ( Inkochnito ) -- it eliminates the "thump thump" in attract mode, but more importantly, it drastically reduces the amount of time before you see your score again after your game is over. Totally saved me in my most recent tournament, where I was scorekeeping for 8 games and couldn't have my eyes on T2 100% of the time. Never had to wait more than 10-15 seconds to see the score again -- vs. the, oh, what, minute or so before to get through the credits and special thanks?

More info: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/t2-less-junk-in-attract-mode-ie-see-most-recent-score

#5637 6 years ago

Need your help fellow T2 owners. I'm in the psogress of putting one of tre harnesses back In And my label fell off these two.

One is the other end of the flipper switches, dunno what connector it goes to

The other I have no clue, single lead in a 4 slot connector black solid thank you

IMG_2920 (resized).JPGIMG_2920 (resized).JPG

IMG_2921 (resized).JPGIMG_2921 (resized).JPG

#5638 6 years ago

Need your help fellow T2 owners. I'm in the psogress of putting one of tre harnesses back In And my label fell off these two.

They both go to the speakers. The 4 slot connector black gets plugged into the soundboard. I do believe the other one gets plugged into the cabinet wire harness that comes up in the head. If not that then check the speaker panel for the single lead. Sorry just can't remember the exact one

HPIM6351 (resized).JPGHPIM6351 (resized).JPG

#5639 6 years ago

Almost done refurbishing my T2. Any suggestions on how to touch up the scanner ship or should I just buy a new one? I would rather keep the original if there is an easy way to save it.

The entrances to the two ramps are also rusted. They don't bother me too much but if there is a way to make them look better and reduce the friction, that would be great!

t2p1 (resized).jpgt2p1 (resized).jpg
t2p2 (resized).jpgt2p2 (resized).jpg

#5640 6 years ago

ahmedreda you could repaint it! Testors model paint makes a flat silver or you could do
Gloss. May be a fun project

#5641 6 years ago
Quoted from ahmedreda:

entrances to the two ramps are also rusted

To clean up the ramp flaps I use gun blue

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/outers-gun-blue-2-oz-0755410p.html#spc

#5642 6 years ago

Im making my own airball protector for the hunter-killer and I figured I would share the file if any of you want to have your own made. Just take it to Tap plastics or any plastic shop and they should be able to cut it for you. I'm using a semi-pliable 3mm thick plastic.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mr7pg7nx5iahymx/Hunter_protector.eps?dl=0

Screen Shot 2017-10-17 at 9.19.12 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-10-17 at 9.19.12 AM (resized).png

#5643 6 years ago

Hey guys - It's been great reading through this forum in preparation for getting my T2 this week (or next). I've typed up some of the instructions for the game (basically verbatim, or close to it, from the pinball arcade instructions) so that I can have them available when my wife and I are playing. If there's anyone else who's relatively new to the game and wants a copy, let me know and I would be happy to send the .pdf your way.

T2 Rules Page 1 (resized).jpgT2 Rules Page 1 (resized).jpg

T2 Rules Page 2 (resized).jpgT2 Rules Page 2 (resized).jpg

#5644 6 years ago

SKULL CANNON SKULL CANNON SKULL CANNON...thats all you need to know.

#5645 6 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

I don't know, you can get a ton of points in Payback Mode.

#5646 6 years ago
Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

Giotta give credit where it's due, that's pretty bad ass.

#5647 6 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

... to miss all the fun...

#5648 6 years ago

T2 finally moved to the game-room!

IMG_20171021_220950 (resized).jpgIMG_20171021_220950 (resized).jpgIMG_20171021_221442 (resized).jpgIMG_20171021_221442 (resized).jpgIMG_20171021_221131 (resized).jpgIMG_20171021_221131 (resized).jpgIMG_20171021_221227 (resized).jpgIMG_20171021_221227 (resized).jpgIMG_20171021_221023 (resized).jpgIMG_20171021_221023 (resized).jpg

PS: Sent the legs to "re-chrome"... meanwhile, I kinda liked the temporary black legs! Thinking about make them permanent...

#5649 6 years ago

Hey Alex, where'd you get those glass covers for the machines? Looks awesome and I'm like to mimic it!

#5650 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

T2 finally moved to the game-room!

I kinda liked the temporary black legs! Thinking about make them permanent...

I got black ones on mine and like em just fine

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 21.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 39.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

There are 10,956 posts in this topic. You are on page 113 of 220.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/terminator-2-clubmembers-only/page/113?hl=ryandimx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.