pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240330_033124675.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240330_033100685 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240330_033107624 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240328_050605393 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240325_220106014 (1) (resized).jpg
PXL_20240327_052946771 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240327_035252232 (resized).jpg
There are 10,935 posts in this topic. You are on page 112 of 219.
#5551 6 years ago

Im just going by your pinside collection icon by your name. Glad to see we're playing the downvote game again

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG

#5552 6 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Im just going by your pinside collection icon by your name.

IMG_1309 (resized).JPGIMG_1309 (resized).JPG

#5553 6 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

You just proved my point! That is MY decision to make, you are depriving yourself of revenue by telling people how they are allowed to restore or repair their machine. While we appreciate your advice and everything you do, if I want my head decals to be newer than the cab decals, that's MY decision. And i'd be throwing more money at you, if you let me repair my machines, my way! I dont know of a single human that can see both sides of a pin at the same time, so if I decide that can live with one side graphics being newer than the other, then so should you!
I swear that i'm not trying to be disrespectful to you in any way, im trying to tell you (as a business man myself) that you are only limiting your clientel and revenue with this nonsense policy... A VERY wise man once said "Give the people what they want!".
Here's MY specific situation of WHY your theory doesnt work... My Demo Man is HUO mint collector quality, and it has never seen the light of day. The current graphics are flawless with absolutely zero fade. The head suffered an unfortunate "door jamb" incident during a recent move. Due to the condition of the game, I had no choice but to buy a full set to get only the pieces that were damaged, to get this game back to 100% mint. So your "one theory fits all" opinion is shot to shit.

You should start a business- buy the decals from Retro. Cut the decal packages up into individual pieces/sides and sell them. I'll take a 10% cut for the idea.

#5554 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Dude, what do you want? Really? Get the fuck out and let us happy and proud T2 owners have fun.

I miss this club when you werent a part of it. Can you sell your machine to ted?

#5555 6 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

I miss this club when you werent a part of it. Can you sell your machine to ted?

Sorry, but I love my T2! But don't worry, you'll only have to bear with me here, because given the machines you got on your collection, we'll never share another club... ugh...

Oh, and thanks Pete RetroRefurbs for the amazing translite!

IMG_20170827_195153 (resized).jpgIMG_20170827_195153 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170827_195225 (resized).jpgIMG_20170827_195225 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170827_195218 (resized).jpgIMG_20170827_195218 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170827_195127 (resized).jpgIMG_20170827_195127 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170827_195119 (resized).jpgIMG_20170827_195119 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170827_195136 (resized).jpgIMG_20170827_195136 (resized).jpg

#5556 6 years ago

spit take 3.gifspit take 3.gif

#5557 6 years ago

My T2 , when it's done, will probably
Never leave my family.

Oh here is a little sneak peek at some of the amazing chrome work from Chris at pinball plating that will be going on mine. More to come!

Enlight68 (resized).jpgEnlight68 (resized).jpg

#5558 6 years ago

Although I'm sure it won't change Pete's mind, I'd also like to voice my support of individual pieces vs. full sets. Especially in this hobby where so many of these machines are old with various life circumstances, I would think there'd be a market for individual pieces. In addition to the examples above, here's my story: I'd picked up a Black Knight 2000 a while back (which I ultimately traded for my T2) ... the machine had apparently been next to a window for most of its life -- so the art on the right side of the cabinet was literally crumbling off -- yet the left side of the cabinet, and both sides of the head were pristine. I did not need nor want to buy a full set of decals when I only needed the one side... but since I couldn't get just the one, I got none.

#5559 6 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Although I'm sure it won't change Pete's mind, I'd also like to voice my support of individual pieces vs. full sets. Especially in this hobby where so many of these machines are old with various life circumstances, I would think there'd be a market for individual pieces. In addition to the examples above, here's my story: I'd picked up a Black Knight 2000 a while back (which I ultimately traded for my T2) ... the machine had apparently been next to a window for most of its life -- so the art on the right side of the cabinet was literally crumbling off -- yet the left side of the cabinet, and both sides of the head were pristine. I did not need nor want to buy a full set of decals when I only needed the one side... but since I couldn't get just the one, I got none.

I have the exact same situation on my Whirlwind and Earthshaker, just the right side head is faded on ES, and just the left side head is faded on WW. My Road Show just needs the coin door decal because the previous owner filled the security bar holes with bondo and then painted the bondo. He did a decent job, but you can tell where the bondo/paint is because the paint doesn't match the decal colors exactly. Cant buy just those pieces, so I have to live with it. I would love to throw some money at Retro for those, but he wont take it!

#5560 6 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

I have the exact same situation on my Whirlwind and Earthshaker, just the right side head is faded on ES, and just the left side head is faded on WW. My Road show just needs the coin door decal because the previous owner filled the security bar holes with bondo and then painted the bondo. He did a decent job, but you can tell where the bondo/paint is because the paint doesn't match the decal colors exactly. Cant buy just those pieces, so I have to live with it. I would love to throw some money at Retro for those, but he wont take it!

Though I acknowledge it's pretty common for one side to fade more than the opposite, no matter how well-conditioned is the side with minimun-to-non fade, the side with the new decal will almost always look much better, don't you agree?

#5561 6 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

I would think there'd be a market for individual pieces.

He's not saying there is no market....just that he's not doing it. Get it? Got it! Good!

#5562 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Prepping my new T-800 head!

I ironically have one of these. Whats the best way to carve the eyes out and how (other than hollowing out the head area for the VUK).

#5563 6 years ago
Quoted from Wolfanoz:

I ironically have one of these. Whats the best way to carve the eyes out and how (other than hollowing out the head area for the VUK).

I assume youre talking about the loot crate one.

I used a dremel on low speed. Used the same sockets and hot glued from the back.

#5564 6 years ago

Can any thread on this website not be full of teenage drama?

#5565 6 years ago
Quoted from ryandimx:

Can any thread on this website not be full of teenage drama?

Easy:

1) go to Malenko and Chitownpinball profile pages;
2) click on "forum activity";
3) drain (or avoid) all the listed threads.

#5566 6 years ago

I'm not gonna stir the pot with ya Alex, sorry. Pretty sure Ryadimx remembers me from KLOV anyway. But to ignore someone all you need to do is mouse over their avatar and pick ignore , so there's a little short cut for ya!

I thought we were cordial enough in the T2 colorization thread /shrug

Anyfart, Im still a happy member of the T2 club I even have the Data East rip off pin of LW3! :p

#5567 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Though I acknowledge it's pretty common for one side to fade more than the opposite, no matter how well-conditioned is the side with minimun-to-non fade, the side with the new decal will almost always look much better, don't you agree?

Surely it will ... but (one very good + one new) is surely nicer than (one very good + one terrible). These are the only pics I have with me at the moment, but you can see how drastic the difference was between the sides on my BK2K. (Good side shown first, then bad side below.) I definitely would've preferred to replace the terrible side.

Good sideGood side

Bad sideBad side

Quoted from spfxted:

He's not saying there is no market....just that he's not doing it. Get it? Got it! Good!

I get it, I got it, but good? Not good for customers like us. And as customers, we're *assuming* not good for him, since he's not getting the extra sales. But it's his business, so that's his choice, whatever his rationale. I'm not trying to create drama -- I'm merely raising my hand to reinforce that there are customers out here willing to buy, if he were to decide to be willing to sell.

Anyway, enough on this topic ... back to our regularly scheduled T2 discussions!

#5568 6 years ago

So the "Skull shot", I hit it almost exclusively with the right flipper. My buddy Bobby hits is almost exclusively with the left flipper. He cant hit it with the right, I can't hit it with the left.

How do you guys hit it, and who can show me the left flipper technique?

#5569 6 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

So the "Skull shot", I hit it almost exclusively with the right flipper. My buddy Bobby hits is almost exclusively with the left flipper. He cant hit it with the right, I can't hit it with the left.

I can hit it with both flippers. The left flipper is just a simple backhand towards the right "wall/lane" and the ball will then drift up into the skull.

#5570 6 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Both! See? I didn't ignore you (yet?)... Did you?

#5571 6 years ago

Well does the ball speed matter much or is it just hitting it at the correct point on the flipper?

I'm not above pulling the glass off and just trying the shot over and over
I can never hit the "database shot" so I figured I'd work on this shot first. Most of my scoring is done by triggering "payback time" and hitting even more ramps but jackpot and super jackpot is where its at.

And no Alex, I don't ignore anyone.

#5572 6 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Well does the ball speed matter much or is it just hitting it at the correct point on the flipper?
I'm not above pulling the glass off and just trying the shot over and over
I can never hit the "database shot" so I figured I'd work on this shot first. Most of my scoring is done by triggering "payback time" and hitting even more ramps but jackpot and super jackpot is where its at.

Whens the last time you completely rebuilt your flippers? Mine were pretty rough before i did it and they are shper snappy and predictable since.

#5573 6 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Looks like neither Chitownpinball Otherwise, how could he downvote everyone of my posts?

(OMG, what a huge example of teenage drama...)

#5574 6 years ago

Ive owned the pin about a year, didn't rebuild anything. I don't think they are the issue, I'm pretty sure I am. For all the pins I own I aim for stuff on the right with the left flipper and vice versa. With Comet I can hit the center ramp all day long with the right flipper....not so much with the left

I definitely need to replace the escape route targets though, they are beat to hell and misaligned.

#5575 6 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Ive owned the pin about a year, didn't rebuild anything. I don't think they are the issue, I'm pretty sure I am. For all the pins I own I aim for stuff on the right with the left flipper and vice versa. With Comet I can hit the center ramp all day long with the right flipper....not so much with the left
I definitely need to replace the escape route targets though, they are beat to hell and misaligned.

I can backhand a lot of shots on T2, but its not my go to method. I definitely try to hit the skull drop with the right flipper. Its just easier.

#5576 6 years ago

Broke 200 mil on the L-8 software last night. Any one know where in the menus you can change 2 to 3 digit initials? 2 sucks!
Also have my silver flipper bats and rebuild kits on deck. Should be in the next week or so.

I still have this issue. Has any one ever figured out why this happens? We have to back up a letter before putting in the intitials to get all 3. Otherwise its 2 and done. Super annoying.

#5577 6 years ago

I jut reverted from the profanity rom to L8 but I havent broke 200M yet :/
Maybe I'll pull the glass and give it a go and see what happens.

#5578 6 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

I jut reverted from the profanity rom to L8 but I havent broke 200M yet :/
Maybe I'll pull the glass and give it a go and see what happens.

Let me know. This has been driving me nuts for years now. No one ever had a good answer.

#5579 6 years ago

Let me know. This has been driving me nuts for years now. No one ever had a good answer.

That is odd. I'm running L-8 and do not have this issue.

#5580 6 years ago

Any place else sell a package deal like this, or have all the parts.......cheaper?
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/TS1779

ChiTown, I'll give the 200M+ points thing a go this weekend, just not enough hours in the day during the week.

#5581 6 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

ChiTown, I'll give the 200M+ points thing a go this weekend, just not enough hours in the day during the week.

You dont gotta tell me man, no worries. I barely have an hour a day where im not doin SOMETHING. Its go go go go bed most of the time.

As for the targets. I got the reinforced targets from pinball resource for my center targets. They get destroyed if theyre just the normal ones. My right one constantly leaned. Now they stay put.

#5582 6 years ago

Malenko ya I would use http://www.pinballlife.com/, I just ordered a full set there. The total was roughly 83.00. Basically, I always check Pinball LIfe first, then go to Marco, the prices are way better.

You will need 6 white and 3 red of these:
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=313

And 3 red of these: (I have 3 brand new ones I can sell you for a deal)
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1256

#5583 6 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

malenko ya I would use http://www.pinballlife.com/, I just ordered a full set there. The total was roughly 83.00. Basically, I always check Pinball LIfe first, then go to Marco, the prices are way better.
You will need 6 white and 3 red of these:
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=313
And 3 red of these: (I have 3 brand new ones I can sell you for a deal)
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1256

You dont recommend the reinforced ones for the center stand ups? Mine got trashed SO fast.

#5584 6 years ago

I'll probably get 3 "enhanced" ones and regular for the rest

#5585 6 years ago

I used all pinball life target on my POTC and those targets get smashed constantly, i have had zero issues... I actually dont even know what the difference is on the "reinforced" ones.

#5586 6 years ago

They dont move side to side like the regular ones do over time. That right target in the center bank of 3 takes a crazy beating on my machine. Ive watched people miss shots and rail on that target over and over before. I may just have too many amateurs over...haha

pbrenhanced (resized).jpgpbrenhanced (resized).jpg

#5587 6 years ago

Chitownpinball Interesting, thank you for sharing... So check this out! Looks like Pinball life's targets are in fact the reinforced ones, I just installed these last night, see the photo below

0edc1abb0d6999592d289f3010ffbc1187bfc521 (resized).jpg0edc1abb0d6999592d289f3010ffbc1187bfc521 (resized).jpg

#5588 6 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

chitownpinball Interesting, thank you for sharing... So check this out! Looks like Pinball life's targets are in fact the reinforced ones, I just installed these last night, see the photo below

I dont think those are the same. Look how the metal wraps around the reinforced ones to stop the target from moving left to right. Yours do not have that.

Also I think the center stand ups are front mounted.

#5589 6 years ago

Got ya, and yes these are the side targets, not center. And ill see how they fair, if they explode ill rebuild them or get new ones

#5590 6 years ago

Quick question: is the kick back in the left lane supposed to always kick the ball? Mine works sometimes and sometimes doesn’t. I tested the left outlane switch and the kickback solenoid and they always work in the test menu. Any suggestions would be welcome.

#5591 6 years ago
Quoted from ahmedreda:

Quick question: is the kick back in the left lane supposed to always kick the ball? Mine works sometimes and sometimes doesn’t. I tested the left outlane switch and the kickback solenoid and they always work in the test menu. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Mine always works when the Kickback light is on. When the Kickback light is off it doesn't work.

#5592 6 years ago

Thanks, that explains it. I did not notice the kickback light before.

Quoted from nicknack66:

Mine always works when the Kickback light is on. When the Kickback light is off it doesn't work.

#5593 6 years ago

You can re-lite it by completing the 3 orange standups on the right... ...........Joey

#5594 6 years ago

Still waiting on mirror blades but other than that I'm happy with it. The camera doesn't record the colors well and make it look a lot more purple than it is. Also yeah I know the spotlights are a bit much but they definitely help light up the table in my dark game room. And it's my machine so... hahaha

20170929_103715 (resized).jpg20170929_103715 (resized).jpg

20170929_103653 (resized).jpg20170929_103653 (resized).jpg

20170929_103750 (resized).jpg20170929_103750 (resized).jpg

20170929_103738 (resized).jpg20170929_103738 (resized).jpg

20170929_103715 (resized).jpg20170929_103715 (resized).jpg

#5596 6 years ago

Well, things where going great then I went to install the c clip deals,,, cracked the surface such a sad day

IMG_2706 (resized).JPGIMG_2706 (resized).JPG

#5597 6 years ago

Hey Ya T2 metal heads,
anyone attempted to make a shield of some sort that fits behind the skull head to prevent a odd air ball dropping in behind it, TIA

IMG_2169 (resized).JPGIMG_2169 (resized).JPG

#5598 6 years ago
Quoted from skywalker:

Hey Ya T2 metal heads,
anyone attempted to make a shield of some sort that fits behind the skull head to prevent a odd air ball dropping in behind it, TIA

Mine had foam there. I think it might be a fix Williams suggested?

#5599 6 years ago
Quoted from skywalker:

a shield of some sort

there's a maintenance notice that. It is Service Bulletin #33. I've attempted to attached for your reference.

Williams_1991_Terminator_2_Judgment_Day_Service_Bulletin_33.pdfWilliams_1991_Terminator_2_Judgment_Day_Service_Bulletin_33.pdf

#5600 6 years ago

Anyone know why T2 flipper coils use 2 return springs?? One on the plunger and one on the switch arm?

Seems to me it's a little excessive and prevents full range of motion.

Enlight81 (resized).jpgEnlight81 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 26.50
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
$ 21.95
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
$ 39.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,935 posts in this topic. You are on page 112 of 219.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/terminator-2-clubmembers-only/page/112?hl=ryandimx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.