Screenshot_20240306_161857_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240306_161851_Chrome (resized).jpg
20240306_152641 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240222-220030~2 (resized).png
IMG_8764 (resized).jpeg
DSCN5566 (resized).JPG
20240215_182940 (resized).jpg
IMG_6648 (resized).jpeg

There are 10,853 posts in this topic. You are on page 103 of 218.
#5101 6 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

On a side note, what is that Fosters sign doing in Pennsylvania?
It should be back home in Australia with me

I thought all you people thought Fosters was shite!

#5102 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

What do you mean by "you people"?

#5103 6 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

What do you mean by "you people"?

Aussie Types....

#5104 6 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

Is this 1 better? Matches up to the Chrome Edition decals.

That one needs the Rubylith mod in the worst way.

#5105 6 years ago

I have attract music turned off, but still getting that annoying match crusher sound every 5 minutes. Really annoying in home gameroom setting when not in use. Anyone know the off setting? I bought a pinsound but no time to install yet, maybe it will go away?

#5106 6 years ago
Quoted from TimberOne:

I have attract music turned off, but still getting that annoying match crusher sound every 5 minutes. Really annoying in home gameroom setting when not in use. Anyone know the off setting? I bought a pinsound but no time to install yet, maybe it will go away?

On a side note, I'd love to have the attract music turned on if it didn't come up so often (maybe once every hour it would be fine)!

#5107 6 years ago
Quoted from TimberOne:

There is no setting to remove that sound, however, someone hacked the ROM to remove that attract noise so it's completely silent. It does not remove the sound from the actual match sequence so it's nicely done. Let me know if you need the file or a ROM burned.

#5108 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

We don't even have Fosters here anymore lol so I guess so - the outline light of Australia is very cool though

#5109 6 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

There is no setting to remove that sound, however, someone hacked the ROM to remove that attract noise so it's completely silent. It does not remove the sound from the actual match sequence so it's nicely done. Let me know if you need the file or a ROM burned.

To be clear, there is an on/off setting for attract sounds but as snakesparklers said, this setting will not eliminate the slamming sound. You need the hacked ROM for that.

#5110 6 years ago

Guys, when playing video-mode, does your flipper bats also flip?

#5111 6 years ago

Yes.............Joey

#5112 6 years ago

Another question: what did you guys do for the left lock shot to actually keep the ball? On mine the ball hits it too hard and it keeps on boucin the ball back....

#5113 6 years ago
Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

Yes.............Joey

Thanks!

#5114 6 years ago

Just joined the club. Awesome game!!

Quoted from AlexSMendes:

No. Mine do not

#5115 6 years ago

My flippers do not move in video mode. I dont think they are supposed to.

#5116 6 years ago

Hey all -

I am getting my T2 finished up and had a couple of wires pull out of their connections. Can anyone please post a few close up pics of all the connectors installed on the back box boards so I can see where these went easily?

IMG_3052 (resized).JPGIMG_3052 (resized).JPGIMG_3053 (resized).JPGIMG_3053 (resized).JPGIMG_3050 (resized).JPGIMG_3050 (resized).JPGIMG_3051 (resized).JPGIMG_3051 (resized).JPGIMG_3054 (resized).JPGIMG_3054 (resized).JPG

#5117 6 years ago

Oops the below are from FT, but still WPC so hopefully they can help.

IMG_20170424_154348 (resized).jpgIMG_20170424_154348 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170424_154348.jpgIMG_20170424_154348.jpg
IMG_20170424_154350.jpgIMG_20170424_154350.jpg
IMG_20170424_154353.jpgIMG_20170424_154353.jpg
IMG_20170424_154352.jpgIMG_20170424_154352.jpg
IMG_20170424_154353.jpgIMG_20170424_154353.jpg

#5118 6 years ago
Quoted from mdelorenzo:

Oops the below are from FT, but still WPC so hopefully they can help.

Thanks for posting this - if anyone has time to take some close up pics of the connectors on a T2 - I'd greatly appreciate it.

#5119 6 years ago

The CPU playfield insert has never lit on my t2. The lights work on light test but have yet to see anything happen with it during a game. When should it light? I am going to look for some videos.

#5120 6 years ago
Quoted from TimberOne:

The CPU playfield insert has never lit on my t2. The lights work on light test but have yet to see anything happen with it during a game. When should it light? I am going to look for some videos.

payback time?

#5121 6 years ago

Yes...only during 'payback time'

#5122 6 years ago

They also light up during high score entry after you've entered your first initial.

#5123 6 years ago
Sure bud...

Quoted from GLSP3022:

No. Mine do not

Let's figure this out....in this video you can clearly hear the flippers flipping...mine flip as well during video mode....a rom thing maybe...?....I'm running profanity....how about you...???............Joey

#5124 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Do yours...???.............Joey

#5125 6 years ago

Sure bud...

Let's figure this out....in this video you can clearly hear the flippers flipping...mine flip as well during video mode....a rom thing maybe...?....I'm running profanity....how about you...???............Joey
» YouTube video

Not a ROM thing. Every T2 flips during video mode.

#5126 6 years ago

Do yours...???.............Joey

Yep!

#5127 6 years ago

#5128 6 years ago
Quoted from TimberOne:

They also light up during high score entry after you've entered your first initial.

What about during attract mode and the lamp test?

#5129 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

What about during attract mode and the lamp test?

Yes those too

#5130 6 years ago

Ok. Then I have a problem with mine lighting up anytime.

#5131 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

My flippers do not move in video mode. I dont think they are supposed to.

Quoted from GLSP3022:

No. Mine do not

???????..........Joey

#5132 6 years ago

This is a video of my backbox - hoping someone can tell me where those two black wires are from so I don't have to trace them all out!

#5134 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinterest:

» YouTube video
This is a video of my backbox - hoping someone can tell me where those two black wires are from so I don't have to trace them all out!

The lower black wire should come FROM cannon board (see picture below on J1 pin 2)
...and should go into J116 pin 3 (check the other picture).
From my experience, even if you don`t connect that wire to J116 the cannon motor will work - it takes GND from other wire.

2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg

#5136 6 years ago
Quoted from loscanones:

The lower black wire should come FROM cannon board (see picture below on J1 pin 2)
...and should go into J116 pin 3 (check the other picture).
From my experience, even if you don`t connect that wire to J116 the cannon motor will work - it takes GND from other wire.

Thanks for trying - J116 Pin 3 already has a black wire. The loose wire is smaller gauge than J116. Any other ideas?

#5137 6 years ago

???????..........Joey

I'm curious too.... checked again tonight, went thru settings, and my flippers still flip during video mode.... btw, I'm running L-8 sw version....

#5138 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinterest:

Thanks for trying - J116 Pin 3 already has a black wire. The loose wire is smaller gauge than J116. Any other ideas?

J116, J117 and J118 have the same connections. Pin 3 is GND on ANY of them and on all three of them you should have a black wire.
I found a picture with that area - not my machine- maybe you can figure it out.

541a2ca958141ccd950bff0c0782e598063b1b56 (resized).jpg541a2ca958141ccd950bff0c0782e598063b1b56 (resized).jpg

#5139 6 years ago
Quoted from loscanones:

J116, J117 and J118 have the same connections. Pin 3 is GND on ANY of them and on all three of them you should have a black wire.
I found a picture with that area - not my machine- maybe you can figure it out.

I think your right on target. I tried to trace this - but found it is definitely a ground somewhere. I looked at J116, 117, and 118 and see if pin 3 was empty somewhere but no dice. The bottom wire is definitely a ground though because I can get continuity between the end of it and any metal part in the machine. Now I just need to figure out where I have a ground missing from a plug somewhere. Thank you!

I did trace out and find the top wire tonight - it was one of the bottom box speaker wires. Connected it back to pin 3 of J-505 and now my sound is awesome again

#5140 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Pretty sure mine don't flip in video mode either.

#5141 6 years ago

Ok...let's end this....why is everyone "pretty sure"..???!!!..fire up the game check it out...someone post a vid of them not flipping in video mode.......the vid I posted they flip...mine flip...on location flips.......show me the vid of yours not flipping..... ..............Joey

#5142 6 years ago

Ok...let's end this....why is everyone "pretty sure"..???!!!..fire up the game check it out...someone post a vid of them not flipping in video mode.......the vid I posted they flip...mine flip...on location flips.......show me the vid of yours not flipping..... ..............Joey

Also post what software version you are running in the game.

#5143 6 years ago

Wrong statement.

There are many reports that some of the machines does not. Check also this discussion from 2013 https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/rec.games.pinball/yAZeBak_foc

The only way to disable (whenever) flippers is through relay driven by Q99. In my case flippers are inactive when no coins are inserted and this proves that electronic circuits are fine and the only difference is in software.

AFAIK there is no official documentation for the changes implemented in various ROM versions (L2-L8)

So, I`m running Profanity Roms and flippers are moving during video mode.

#5144 6 years ago
Quoted from loscanones:

Wrong statement.
There are many reports that some of the machines does not. Check also this discussion from 2013 https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/rec.games.pinball/yAZeBak_foc
The only way to disable (whenever) flippers is through relay driven by Q99. In my case flippers are inactive when no coins are inserted and this proves that electronic circuits are fine and the only difference is in software.
AFAIK there is no official documentation for the changes implemented in various ROM versions (L2-L8)
So, I`m running Profanity Roms and flippers are moving during video mode.

Interesting. It seems that very early software revisions disabled the flippers during video mode, and at some point they enabled them. The promo video shows no flipper action during video mode and I have seen no reports of people running current software without flipper action during video mode. I'm also running a modified L-8 and the flippers flip during video mode.

#5145 6 years ago

I have been following these posts about the flippers during video mode and finally was able to test it on my T2, which is running L-2. My recollection before I ran the "test" was that the flippers didn't flip during the video mode, so I was quite surprised when I actually just tried it and they did flip!!! I wonder if my recollection was off since when I am playing the game for real, I am so engrossed in the game/video mode and not really focused on the flippers that I didn't even realize they were flipping, but again, I just tested it now and they were definitely flipping during video mode.

#5146 6 years ago

The flip/no-flip debate has come up before here. Last time this was debated, I thought mine didn't flip. However upon playing my T2, they do indeed flip. I think we are so engrossed in the game we don't really notice until we are paying attention.

T2 is pre-Fliptronics with a relay to enable and disable the flippers. So turning off the flipper relay to turning off the flippers during video mode would eliminate the path to ground through the cabinet's switches. Lack of the ground path would prevent the lane change circuit from functioning which would eliminate the CPU's ability to sense when a flipper button is pressed (see page 3-2 of the T2 manual). If the CPU can't detect when you hit the flipper button, the video mode can't work!

Therefore it is electrically impossible for a T2 NOT to flip the flippers during video mode.

#5147 6 years ago

BOO-YAA...!!!..... ......Joey

#5148 6 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

it is electrically impossible for a T2 NOT to flip the flippers during video mode

Agree, according to original drawings, it cannot. Otherwise, IF you have signal from CPU to cut the relay during video mode it is very simple to make it working (no flippers), with minor modifications (only 2 wires) . I was wondering if some machines have slightly different connections...

#5149 6 years ago

Seems I'm a little late to the party, but tested mine yesterday. As others have said mine do flip during video mode. I had no idea they did before I tested them.

#5150 6 years ago

...and NO, IT'S NOT ColorDMD

don't know if it will ever be released, if it's even technically possible and if I find enough time for it.

Greetings,
Dom

autofire.gifautofire.gif

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Goodrich, MI
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods
Tools
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 26.50
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball
Decals
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, IL
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
There are 10,853 posts in this topic. You are on page 103 of 218.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/terminator-2-clubmembers-only/page/103 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.