• Topic is favorited by 274 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

53663951190_696642b1ae_c (resized).jpg
53663311748_14568d061c_c (resized).jpg
53662225557_f2e8f3ac6e_k (resized).jpg
Williams_1991_Terminator_2_Judgment_Day_Manual_-_Update.pdf (PDF preview)
A2_Feature_Adjustments_(Update).pdf (PDF preview)
Terminator2_L8_4.pdf (PDF preview)
53639132189_e8b428873f_k (resized).jpg
53639132179_2f5a4b2c09_k (resized).jpg
IMG_5447 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5475 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5462 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240401_002830006 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240401_002816443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_192714330 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_192724360 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_192719354 (resized).jpg
There are 10,956 posts in this topic. You are on page 101 of 220.
#5001 7 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Newest member of the club. Traded my Austin Powers for T2. I haven't had a chance to read through this entire thread, but do you guys recommend any must haves for T2 in regards to mods and such? I will say I'm not a huge modder, but if there are little things that make a big difference please share! The game is fully LED'd already and overall looks to be in great shape.

The best mod for T2 is a Pinsound board!

Some very talented Pinsiders have come up with T2 mixes that will blow you away! Even if you use the stock speakers it will sound awesome!

#5002 7 years ago
Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

ebay.com link » Williams Terminator 2 Pinball Machine Playfield Ramp Sign Plastics

I would be carefull buying from that seller on ebay.

#5003 7 years ago
Quoted from TimberOne:

You mean a guy selling sunless tanner and blow pops on ebay isn't credible?

He actually has a decent ebay rating overall. Is this one of those NY/NJ guys who keeps ripping off the international customers? Or is this a different scammer?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#5004 7 years ago

Thats funny, i guess they go together. I am visuallizing a guy playing pinball with a blow pop and a great tan!
I dont know if a scammer, just dont go by the photos posted on the ad. As i found out, they are stock photos and the plastic you get may actually be a crappy repro of a repro cutout with a jigsaw.

#5005 7 years ago

These look horrible either: ebay.com link: itm

#5006 7 years ago
#5007 7 years ago

I really like that the rivet sticks through, nice touch.

Id be happy to take a set of black stand up decals and take some pics in return.

#5008 7 years ago
Quoted from RetroRefurbs:

-Removed due to copyright infringement notice-

Super cool, but the price... WOW!!!

#5009 7 years ago
Quoted from TimberOne:

Nonsense! That guy is a very honest seller. His prices are sometimes nuts, but you will get your items, and usually very quickly.
I have bought many many things from him over the years, and have had multiple PM convo's with him too, he's a good dude.

#5010 6 years ago

Recommendation for stock cabinet decals? Anyone know of official or nos decals? Assuming they are all repro scans?

#5011 6 years ago
Quoted from TimberOne:

Recommendation for stock cabinet decals? Anyone know of official or nos decals? Assuming they are all repro scans?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/terminator-2-judgment-day-repro-cabinet-decal-set

He is doing licensed silk screened decals with flourenced colors.

#5012 6 years ago

I actually forgot about that post. Thank you!

#5013 6 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

This sounds like a mechanical issue, not a switch issue. The ball should lock in the saucer even without any power to the game.

After going through th switches I believe you are right.

Just to close this one out... if you look at the picture I posted above you'll see some wear on the stainless and how it overhangs the hole just slightly. I believe the overhang was creating a swirl effect on the ball and the hole so the ball was never making solid contact with the switch to register. I think this was only true with the flippers because they have more of a sling effect while me rolling the ball up there didn't. Have it minorly hacked and fixed until I take the rear of the PF apart again. Put about 20 games on it and 0 problems. Also forced me to go ahead and fix switch 54 which had been giving me a credit dot for the last 20 years. So before everyone freaks out about this... When I got the game when I was 10 I didn't know what a credit dot even was just bashed the flippers to make things happen. Got into cars about 14 and the game has sat mostly ideal for the last 15 or so years. So it's only had a credit dot for like 300 games if that.
Thanks everyone for the help snakesnsparklers xTheBlackKnightx

#5014 6 years ago
Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

ebay.com link » Williams Terminator 2 Pinball Machine Playfield Ramp Sign Plastics

Thanks, but the seller does not ship to Brazil.... Anyway, I'd be cool with some scans of these Cyberdyne ramp plastics. Can anyone help me?

s-l1600 (resized).jpgs-l1600 (resized).jpg

#5015 6 years ago

Would someone be so kind to measure the tallest end of their t2 cabinet and the shortest? I'm trying to compare its size to another pin I have that was a tight squeeze in my car. Thanks!!

Just the base cab if the above was not specific enough. Not including legs

#5016 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Thanks, but the seller does not ship to Brazil.... Anyway, I'd be cool with some scans of these Cyberdyne ramp plastics. Can anyone help me?

I just ordered a set from little shop of games. Didn't find them right away on Google. Give them a shot.

#5017 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

I can't scan but I can be a middle man to ship the eBay ones to you. Never shipped to Brazil but if you do the forms and label i don't mind slapping a new label on the box from eBay. Pm me if you're interested

#5018 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Does anyone know the part number for the brackets that hold the cyberdyene ramp plastics to the ramps? Those little L shaped ones. Also, anyone have a part number for the wire form that holds the ship? Couldn't find in manual.

#5019 6 years ago

So... a fellow pinsider (I don't know if he wishes to stay anonymous, but again, thank you man, so very much!) was kind enough to share with me scans from all T2 plastics, and here's what I'm going to do:

I reached a buddy of mine who already made some reproduction plastics for me in the past, and based on these scans he will be able to produce a whole batch of new sets, including the Cyberdyne plastics.

The bad news is that it may take a month or two for the new plastics to arrive but on a good note it will be possible to share with the community, in case anyone needs to replace a few T2 plastics.

#5020 6 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

Does anyone know the part number for the brackets that hold the cyberdyene ramp plastics to the ramps? Those little L shaped ones. Also, anyone have a part number for the wire form that holds the ship? Couldn't find in manual.

OK, I need those brackets too!

#5021 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

So... a fellow pinsider (I don't know if he wishes to stay anonymous, but again, thank you man, so very much!) was kind enough to share with me scans from all T2 plastics, and here's what I'm going to do:
I reached a buddy of mine who already made some reproduction plastics for me in the past, and based on these scans he will be able to produce a whole batch of new sets, including the Cyberdyne plastics.
The bad news is that it may take a month or two for the new plastics to arrive but on a good note it will be possible to share with the community, in case anyone needs to replace a few T2 plastics.

I need the long one by lock hole. Arny's face has a hole in it because that little red post broke off.

#5022 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

OK, I need those brackets too!

Me too but I believe people use similar, but thicker, Home Depot shaped brackets with nuts...Since the originals are riveted.

#5023 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

I will need nearly a full set of plastics. Very excited to see how these come out!

#5024 6 years ago

Pinball center has a lot of the parts you guys are looking for

#5025 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Can you do the fluorescence color?

#5026 6 years ago
Quoted from tezting:

I'll pass on your request and see what my buddy can come up with.

#5027 6 years ago

Does anyone know what the small clear triangular plastics are for and where they go? Mine are mounted on the ramp but that doesn't seem right. Read an old thread and people mentioned they are to stop airballs. Where do they go?

This person has them mounted on the inlane guides. Kind of odd.

http://aks.myiglou.com/images/Terminator2/img_1172.jpg

#5028 6 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

Does anyone know what the small clear triangular plastics are for and where they go? Mine are mounted on the ramp but that doesn't seem right. Read an old thread and people mentioned they are to stop airballs. Where do they go?

They go on those guides. But I have no idea why they're there. I've always been curious

#5029 6 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

I put only 2 back on mine when I shopped it last. I found another. how many am I supposed to have? LOL. Pic on ipdb looks janky and not right. http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=2524&picno=9417

Maybe a promo shot shows how many? Does the manual say?

#5030 6 years ago
Quoted from TimberOne:

Pinball center has a lot of the parts you guys are looking for

huh.... I don't want to spoil the surprise but you all you guys may be in for a treat very soon... and it will not come from south america

#5031 6 years ago

I encountered a problem tonight with my T2. After it had been turned on for about 15 minutes, I noticed the attract light show was barely working and eventually stopped working completely. No lights were working whatsoever except for the DMD. I was able to start a game but the lights still didn't work, no power to the flippers and no ball was kicked into the shooter lane. I unplugged it for about a half hour and then when I plugged it back in it worked fine for 1 game. I let it sit for 15 minutes and then noticed the lights died again and it started doing the same thing with no power except for the dmd.

Where do I start with this problem?

#5032 6 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

I encountered a problem tonight with my T2. After it had been turned on for about 15 minutes, I noticed the attract light show was barely working and eventually stopped working completely. No lights were working whatsoever except for the DMD. I was able to start a game but the lights still didn't work, no power to the flippers and no ball was kicked into the shooter lane. I unplugged it for about a half hour and then when I plugged it back in it worked fine for 1 game. I let it sit for 15 minutes and then noticed the lights died again and it started doing the same thing with no power except for the dmd.

Obvious first choice sounds like a power supply issue but I'd expect the DMD to go first since I think it runs at a higher voltage. But I'd hold out for a more experienced person to respond before you ripped into anything.

#5033 6 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Check for crispy connectors or cold solder joints that are cracked on your gi connectors.

#5034 6 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Check for crispy connectors or cold solder joints that are cracked on your gi connectors.

Will do, but it isn't just the GI lights. It's every light on the game that goes out. Inserts, GI, backbox...everything.

#5035 6 years ago
Quoted from tezting:

No, he can't do

#5036 6 years ago

Damn. The original plastics had it right?

#5037 6 years ago

Here's a video of the problem. The game starts out fine when plugged in but eventually all the lights start to flicker randomly until they stop completely, leaving just the DMD running.

#5038 6 years ago

After the lights go off, check to see if you have 5v at the 4-pin connector (with yellow wires) coming off of the transformer, if not, your transformer is shot, which is what I suspect.

#5039 6 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

After the lights go off, check to see if you have 5v at the 4-pin connector (with yellow wires) coming off of the transformer, if not, your transformer is shot, which is what I suspect.

I don't know if this makes a difference but my T2 is a re-import. I'm not seeing a 4-pin connector coming off of it. I do see a 9-pin connector that has all yellow wires. What connector can I measure on the board to test for the 5volts from the transformer?

IMG_1803 (resized).JPGIMG_1803 (resized).JPG

IMG_1802 (resized).JPGIMG_1802 (resized).JPG

#5040 6 years ago

You have power problems on several circuits - solenoid, GI, inserts, flippers, etc. The chances that ALL these circuits flake out at the same time is low. Good news is the CPU and DMD still work (plays blind). This means 5V and regulated 12v is good (or the DMD and CPU would stop too).

My guess would be the short ribbon cable from the CPU to the driver board. Without a reliable connection on this ribbon cable, the commands to turn stuff on and off cannot make it to the driver board. Try re-seating this cable. If that does not improve, try flipping it around (changes the contact points and sometimes resolves bad connections).

#5041 6 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

You have power problems on several circuits - solenoid, GI, inserts, flippers, etc. The chances that ALL these circuits flake out at the same time is low. Good news is the CPU and DMD still work (plays blind). This means 5V and regulated 12v is good (or the DMD and CPU would stop too).
My guess would be the short ribbon cable from the CPU to the driver board. Without a reliable connection on this ribbon cable, the commands to turn stuff on and off cannot make it to the driver board. Try re-seating this cable. If that does not improve, try flipping it around (changes the contact points and sometimes resolves bad connections).

That seemed to do the trick. I took the ribbon cable off and cleaned the pins. Arnold has been up and running fine for almost 2 hours straight now. Thanks Schwaggs !

#5042 6 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

That seemed to do the trick. I took the ribbon cable off and cleaned the pins. Arnold has been up and running fine for almost 2 hours straight now. Thanks schwaggs !

Great news, glad you are back up and running! Next time you are ordering parts, I would get a replacement for that ribbon cable. It might be only a matter of time before the problem returns.

#5043 6 years ago

Gettin' ready for a Terminator marathon this weekend!

IMG-20170428-WA0002 (resized).jpgIMG-20170428-WA0002 (resized).jpg

#5044 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

But there are 5 Terminator movies!

#5045 6 years ago

Genisys 3D is in the mail!

#5046 6 years ago

T3 doesnt count :p

#5047 6 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

T3 doesnt count :p

It was still entertaining at points... not great but it's still a Terminator flick.

#5048 6 years ago

I like them all.... And love the Sarah Connor Chronicles​ too!

#5049 6 years ago
Quoted from RetroRefurbs:

Hmm no it's not supposed to do that. That looks like a bad quality repro to me, you can actually see through the material where the bulbs are!
Maybe time for a new, super duper quality one? http://www.retrorefurbs.com/?s=terminator&post_type=product
Pete
Retro Refurbs

Got the new translite installed. Looks great. No more little tiny stars. Thanks!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#5050 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

"O Exterminador do futuro" hahahahahah

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 27.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
$ 9.95
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 21.95
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,956 posts in this topic. You are on page 101 of 220.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/terminator-2-clubmembers-only/page/101 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.