(Topic ID: 94651)

[[Business Sold]] - Custom Chrome Cap Decals [For LED Bumpers]....

By Jean-Luc-Picard

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 470 posts
  • 72 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by E_N_3
  • Topic is favorited by 38 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“I would like some JLP Pop Cap Decals even if they only ship every 2 weeks!”

• yes 11 votes
    92%
  • no 0 votes
  • Why not, after more beer! 1 vote
    8%

(12 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

metal-mods_promo_(resized).jpg
JLP_pins_(resized).jpg
store_closed.gif
image_2.jpeg
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg
tftc_rat.jpg
tftc_guillotine.jpg
tftc_bat.jpg
slap.gif
shutup.gif
BramStokerDracula.jpg
3.jpg
2.jpg
1.jpg
T2.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider e_n_3.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#318 9 years ago

Can you make me a set for a DATA EAST ROYAL RUMBLE cap, with the old WWF logo on center of it?

And maybe another set that has the "DE" DATA EAST logo in the center?

I will also take a set of you Williams "W" logo too

-ed

#323 9 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

I should have mentioned. I will also not be able to do any "new" custom designs at this time. Only designs on the site at this time. When I resume production starting Feb "possibly sooner" I will work on custom designs in the order they are requested. I know a few people have requested designs and I promise I will get to them. Just an overwhelming time as a first time home buyer.
However, I can provide a DE design right now.

DE.jpg 10 KB

I don't see the data east on your site, how do I include them on my order?

1 month later
#340 9 years ago

Update: Got the keys to the new house tonight. So much to do, and the stress really begins. Workshop gets built in the back yard tomorrow. I am spending the night in the house solo and working from here tomorrow. Built a desk out of drywall. crazy times. I do look forward to getting back into pinball. My pins are covered in boxes.....

How's the house and workshop coming along? Hope you are starting to settle in nicely!
Still super excited to order those WWF ones whenever you get a chance to make them!

1 month later
#363 8 years ago

WWF Logo Sketch:
WWF_2.jpg

WWF Logo Sketch:
WWF_2.jpg

You are my hero! Let me know when and where to order and I am all over these wwf ones! This is something i have been meaning to do for a while now and never got around to doing myself!

#364 8 years ago

Hey Jean Luc,
Any chance, now that you seem to be rocking the caps out again, that you could do one for the DE TFTC. It would be awesome to have a horror themed cap...perhaps giloteen (artwork in area has to do with it), or a grave stone, or whatever else you think might look cool.
I love the WWF ones and will be grabbing a set.
BTW, did you ever confirm the artwork fits a DE cap? I know that was a concern prior.
--Ed

#370 8 years ago

TODO:
1. Cosmic Gunfight
2. Tales From The Crypt

You r-u-l-e !!!!!

#372 8 years ago

I was looking at the WWF you created, and I think I see why it looks a little "different", as the "F" looks a little wider between the top and bottom lines of the "F", and I think the reason for this is because there is normally a beveled edge that makes it look a little more closed up. I found one that seems to accommodate for the lack of bevel. Any chance you might be able to use this "WWF" logo?

I also dropped the two versions together in to one pic, simply so you can see the them side-by-side

WWF Logo.gifWWF Logo.gif

compare .jpgcompare .jpg
#376 8 years ago

I agree, the SHIFT UP of the "F" makes a TON of difference. Any chance it could move up a smidge more? If you don't feel like messing with it any more, I understand, and will happily buy whatever version is made. But I thought I would see if we couldn't make this great mod perfect!

#380 8 years ago

I just had another idea, so I could add to my order list...lol. How about a set for Cyclone, which could also be used in Hurricane, and Comet. I thought a duck, a cat, and a rabbet shapes (one per cap). Add it to my list of ones that I am garuntee to buy!

#383 8 years ago

update: All new previous designs will be added to the store tomorrow. However, I will not have real sample photos. I will update the photo and replace the line drawings as I cut them. Possibility some of these designs no one will want, so rather not waste chrome.

did you get tot the Cyclone/Hurricane/Comet ones too?

#385 8 years ago

cool - i imagine you can just use the artwork for the targets that can be found on ebay for Cyclone. As you can then just outline the cat, duck, and rabbet, and then they would match perfect with the game's artwork too.

#390 8 years ago

my only comment would be is that the duck body could be brought down a bit. Right now you have it on like a 45degree angel, but the other two bodies end on more of s horizon. does that make sense?

#396 8 years ago

PERFECT on the cyclone!

#398 8 years ago

Any luck on the tales from the crypt yet?

#401 8 years ago

Will soon, only can do so many at a time. So many things on the plate. As well, I still have to hand weed all these as people order them which is very very time consuming. I sit with a tiny sharp tool and pull all the excess chrome out of each design by hand.

Cool, no rush, just thought I would cheCk, as I figure I would wait to do my order all at once ant the TFTC aims going to me the last one.

For the TFTC, if a guillotine doesn't work, maybe a basic skull, or maybe a skull and DE together...just throwing ideas out there

1 month later
#404 8 years ago

It's cool. It reminds me of the other cap that has a skull on it. Are you going to try any other versions that would fit the title, or is this the final?
I was also wondering if you also have BLACK decal materials. I am looking to have a small item (letters apron 2-3" in total) printed out, and I would usually just use eBay, but thought I would much rather give you my money rather than a random eBay seller.
If you do have black, once I hear back from you, I will give you the details.
--Ed

#406 8 years ago

What do you think about trying the TFTC in a version that has "tales from the crypt" in the text style that matches the game? I am sure the text style can be gotten from various online text format sources. What do you think?

And no prob on the black sticker, as I said, I was hoping to give you the cash rather than a random eBay seller.

#408 8 years ago

Got yah

2 months later
#419 8 years ago

Heads up... Possibility I may be closing the store permanently.

Oh no! I have yet to place my order yet! I was waiting to place my order, until i was back to teaching after the summer. Will you be giving advance notice , when you are sure, before shutting up for good?

1 month later
#425 8 years ago

Hey Jean-Luc,
I am glad you posted about the closing in advance. I will put in my order for all of the ones that we talked about previously, and that I helped with ideas and such. The last one we had discussed was for Tales From the Crypt (TFTC), and I know that some of the original ideas we tossed around weren't ones that were doable. Although the ones you came up were neat, I knew there was likely something that could tie-in with the game and other artwork. I have given it a good deal of thought, and I came up with some that I think not only fit the game/artwork, but I think they will also translate well for cutting purposes. I wasn't finished with the guillotine yet, but I thought I would get it to you now, since I saw the sting about the closing. I would still like to sharpen up the the ROPE holding the guillotine blade, especially the KNOT ON THE ROPE.
Are these ones that you think are doable?
--Ed

tftc_bat.jpgtftc_bat.jpg

tftc_guillotine.jpgtftc_guillotine.jpg

tftc_rat.jpgtftc_rat.jpg

#428 8 years ago

For the guillotine the center area where the rope is will need to be positioned by hand. For example when you peal back the decal, that portion will be separate.

I think that will be fine.

#430 8 years ago

Jean-luc,
They were just random ones that i grabbed online. The only one i started modding was the guilotine. Origigally, it was of the whole thing, and the blade was at the bottom. Knowing that the whole tall gilotene wouldnt translate well to a round cap, i cut it to me just the head. I photoshopped the blade to be towards the top,mand i STARTED re-tracing the basic shapes of the guilotene in to the solid black that you see....otherwise it was fuzzy lines like you see on thrope and probally parts of the blade still.

I will look and find a rat that is "bigger".

--ed

#432 8 years ago

Here are some that should be larger...i also found another good bat one....looks less cartoony to me.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

image_1.jpegimage_1.jpeg

image_2.jpegimage_2.jpeg

1 week later
#439 8 years ago

Wait....what about the TFTC ones? And the ones i was going to order with them?

#440 8 years ago

Oh no, i just saw now that you made mention for me to order...but is was in a post that you were talking to somebody else too... So i didnt see it.

So you think you could let me place an order still?

3 months later
#453 8 years ago
Quoted from KBRI1700:

If you decide to pull the machine out; I am sure people would be accepting of a slower turnaround time for your shipments. As for charging more you have to cover your input costs, no one would expect you to run at a loss.

AGREED!

I am still kicking myself that I didn't grab the ones I wanted before you stopped. I would definitely be in for different sets.

#455 8 years ago
Quoted from rviguet:

Could you ship them with the negative portions left in and instructions regarding how/what to remove?

Yeah... I wouldn't mind pulling them apart myself

#459 8 years ago

Well...count me in for a bunch of the cut/peeled sets....and I in no way mind delays....

3 months later
#470 7 years ago

Awesome!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 73.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
$ 79.50
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
RobTune
Other
$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
6,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider e_n_3.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/terminator-2-chrome-cap-decals-helps-with-led-caps?tu=e_n_3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.