(Topic ID: 94651)

[[Business Sold]] - Custom Chrome Cap Decals [For LED Bumpers]....

By Jean-Luc-Picard

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 470 posts
  • 72 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by E_N_3
  • Topic is favorited by 38 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“I would like some JLP Pop Cap Decals even if they only ship every 2 weeks!”

• yes 11 votes
    92%
  • no 0 votes
  • Why not, after more beer! 1 vote
    8%

(12 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 181 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

metal-mods_promo_(resized).jpg
JLP_pins_(resized).jpg
store_closed.gif
image_2.jpeg
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg
tftc_rat.jpg
tftc_guillotine.jpg
tftc_bat.jpg
slap.gif
shutup.gif
BramStokerDracula.jpg
3.jpg
2.jpg
1.jpg
T2.jpg

There are 470 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 10.
#401 5 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

Will soon, only can do so many at a time. So many things on the plate. As well, I still have to hand weed all these as people order them which is very very time consuming. I sit with a tiny sharp tool and pull all the excess chrome out of each design by hand.

Cool, no rush, just thought I would cheCk, as I figure I would wait to do my order all at once ant the TFTC aims going to me the last one.

For the TFTC, if a guillotine doesn't work, maybe a basic skull, or maybe a skull and DE together...just throwing ideas out there

2 weeks later
#402 5 years ago

The main issue with the skull, are the eyes. If we have a front view, the eye's and nose would have to be added manually which I don't recommend.

A profile view would work better.

skull.jpg

2 weeks later
#403 5 years ago

How that skull work for you, add it?

#404 5 years ago

It's cool. It reminds me of the other cap that has a skull on it. Are you going to try any other versions that would fit the title, or is this the final?
I was also wondering if you also have BLACK decal materials. I am looking to have a small item (letters apron 2-3" in total) printed out, and I would usually just use eBay, but thought I would much rather give you my money rather than a random eBay seller.
If you do have black, once I hear back from you, I will give you the details.
--Ed

#405 5 years ago
Quoted from E_N_3:

It's cool. It reminds me of the other cap that has a skull on it. Are you going to try any other versions that would fit the title, or is this the final?
I was also wondering if you also have BLACK decal materials. I am looking to have a small item (letters apron 2-3" in total) printed out, and I would usually just use eBay, but thought I would much rather give you my money rather than a random eBay seller.
If you do have black, once I hear back from you, I will give you the details.
--Ed

In terms of skulls, the profile seems to be the only option. Only way to get around the 3 hole issue.
I do have black, however it is flat black. I have not used it yet as I bought the roll for a different purpose that I was going to cut by hand. I would have to re-set my blade as it is a different gauge. So I am really only set up to cut chrome/silver at this time.

#406 5 years ago

What do you think about trying the TFTC in a version that has "tales from the crypt" in the text style that matches the game? I am sure the text style can be gotten from various online text format sources. What do you think?

And no prob on the black sticker, as I said, I was hoping to give you the cash rather than a random eBay seller.

#407 5 years ago
Quoted from E_N_3:

What do you think about trying the TFTC in a version that has "tales from the crypt" in the text style that matches the game? I am sure the text style can be gotten from various online text format sources. What do you think?
And no prob on the black sticker, as I said, I was hoping to give you the cash rather than a random eBay seller.

Issue with that, The A,R,R,O and P will need to be filled or have a piece cut out so the center is not floating. As well, "From The" will be too small when scaled down. I would have to use a magnifying glass to get my needle to weed them letters.

#408 5 years ago

Got yah

1 month later
#409 5 years ago

Working on some new decals for my Johnny Mnemonic. Not sure what... Floppy disk, rom, brain, dolphin....

#410 5 years ago

Does anyone have any pics of these installed in TZ? I'm thinking the spiral one would look the best. Have just installed Britemods which look awesome but as the pops are so close to the player the LED components are visible and I'm thinking the decals may improve the look.

#411 4 years ago
Quoted from dluth:

Does anyone have any pics of these installed in TZ? I'm thinking the spiral one would look the best. Have just installed Britemods which look awesome but as the pops are so close to the player the LED components are visible and I'm thinking the decals may improve the look.

I just purchased some spirals this weekend for my TZ. I'll post some pictures after I get them all setup.

#412 4 years ago

I received my pop cap decals today. They were fairly easy to install, except it was a little difficult to line up the screws, because the decal blocks your view.

I think they turned out pretty good. I opted for the spirals, because they wouldn't look funny based on the orientation of my pop bumpers.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

#413 4 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

I received my pop cap decals today. They were fairly easy to install, except it was a little difficult to line up the screws, because the decal blocks your view.
I think they turned out pretty good. I opted for the spirals, because they wouldn't look funny based on the orientation of my pop bumpers.

Thank you very much for the photos. They look great That one is kinda neat when you pull it off the backing. Turns into a spring.

3 weeks later
#414 4 years ago

Another decal requested by a Pinsider. For Bram Stoker's Dracula.
I will update the store in a bit.

BramStokerDracula.jpg

1 week later
#415 4 years ago

How about RBION? It does deserve consideration...6 pop bumpers!

#416 4 years ago

Working on some new decals for my Johnny Mnemonic. Not sure what... Floppy disk, rom, brain, dolphin....

Any progress on these? Pics?

#417 4 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Any progress on these? Pics?

Will work on it soon, have not installed the LED rings yet. ehhh, so many things..

1 week later
#418 4 years ago

Heads up... Possibility I may be closing the store permanently.

#419 4 years ago

Heads up... Possibility I may be closing the store permanently.

Oh no! I have yet to place my order yet! I was waiting to place my order, until i was back to teaching after the summer. Will you be giving advance notice , when you are sure, before shutting up for good?

#420 4 years ago

What?! Why???

#421 4 years ago
Quoted from E_N_3:

Oh no! I have yet to place my order yet! I was waiting to place my order, until i was back to teaching after the summer. Will you be giving advance notice , when you are sure, before shutting up for good?

The wife has been suggesting that I should let it go. She doesn't like the machine sitting in the hallway of our office. It is also very time consuming to sit with a needle and weed the decals, print slips, envelopes, USPS etc. I am still thinking about it, I may ignore her lol. I will give a heads up, will be at Lake Tahoe, CA in a few days with a beer in my hand and I will make the decision.

1 month later
#422 4 years ago

shutup.gif

Store will be closing in (1) week. I no longer have the time to weed decals when I come home from work... If... YOU REALLY NEED decals. I will make them for you, custom, or whatever.. But. Site will be password protected so you need to PM me for the password. This is Pinsider to Pinsider only. I don't want to cut you off, I simply do not have the time to be a store.

#423 4 years ago

Few orders rolling in. I wont ship till next friday "November 6th" which will be the last day the store will be open. And then... I will be asking the mods to close this thread.

slap.gif

#424 4 years ago

In the meantime before the store closes on November 6th. You can watch me rub my cats belly for 6 minutes. lol. He had a $230 pet visit today. He eat something toxic and is on some medication to make him feel better, which seems to be working.

#425 4 years ago

Hey Jean-Luc,
I am glad you posted about the closing in advance. I will put in my order for all of the ones that we talked about previously, and that I helped with ideas and such. The last one we had discussed was for Tales From the Crypt (TFTC), and I know that some of the original ideas we tossed around weren't ones that were doable. Although the ones you came up were neat, I knew there was likely something that could tie-in with the game and other artwork. I have given it a good deal of thought, and I came up with some that I think not only fit the game/artwork, but I think they will also translate well for cutting purposes. I wasn't finished with the guillotine yet, but I thought I would get it to you now, since I saw the sting about the closing. I would still like to sharpen up the the ROPE holding the guillotine blade, especially the KNOT ON THE ROPE.
Are these ones that you think are doable?
--Ed

tftc_bat.jpg

tftc_guillotine.jpg

tftc_rat.jpg

#426 4 years ago

Damn and I had some ideas I wanted to get done but not in time. Thank you for all the hard work regardless.
R/S
Justin

#427 4 years ago
Quoted from E_N_3:

Hey Jean-Luc,
I am glad you posted about the closing in advance. I will put in my order for all of the ones that we talked about previously, and that I helped with ideas and such. The last one we had discussed was for Tales from the Crypt (TFTC), and I know that some of the original ideas we tossed around weren't ones that were doable. Although the ones you came up were neat, I knew there was likely something that could tie-in with the game and other artwork. I have given it a good deal of thought, and I came up with some that I think not only fit the game/artwork, but I think they will also translate well for cutting purposes. I wasn't finished with the guillotine yet, but I thought I would get it to you now, since I saw the sting about the closing. I would still like to sharpen up the the ROPE holding the guillotine blade, especially the KNOT ON THE ROPE.
Are these ones that you think are doable?
--Ed

For the guillotine the center area where the rope is will need to be positioned by hand. For example when you peal back the decal, that portion will be separate.

#428 4 years ago

For the guillotine the center area where the rope is will need to be positioned by hand. For example when you peal back the decal, that portion will be separate.

I think that will be fine.

#429 4 years ago

as well, if you have the images a bit larger that will help. The bat is fine as is.

#430 4 years ago

Jean-luc,
They were just random ones that i grabbed online. The only one i started modding was the guilotine. Origigally, it was of the whole thing, and the blade was at the bottom. Knowing that the whole tall gilotene wouldnt translate well to a round cap, i cut it to me just the head. I photoshopped the blade to be towards the top,mand i STARTED re-tracing the basic shapes of the guilotene in to the solid black that you see....otherwise it was fuzzy lines like you see on thrope and probally parts of the blade still.

I will look and find a rat that is "bigger".

--ed

#431 4 years ago

Would love a set for my T2...Do you post to Aussie?

#432 4 years ago

Here are some that should be larger...i also found another good bat one....looks less cartoony to me.

image.jpeg

image_1.jpeg

image_2.jpeg

#433 4 years ago
Quoted from Aulantern:

Do you post to Aussie?

Ship world wide.

Remember. All orders will ship at the same time this weekend. And the store is closed. No longer will be available on demand as I noted before. Store will be removed sometime this Friday.

E_N_3: if you want the items you posted you can place an order for a different decal and just note in PayPal.

#434 4 years ago

What pop caps have the best fit or highest recommendation? I'm looking for dark blue... (sorry if this is somewhere in pages 2-9)

-mof

#435 4 years ago

Are you asking what color combination for the LED or the color of the cap?

#436 4 years ago

Are you asking what color combination for the LED or the color of the cap?

I'm talking white LED and blue cap. What's the best blue cap to use from what vendor?

What's the best LED setup to use?

-mof

#437 4 years ago

The Store is now Closed. Thanks everyone, It was a fun 1+ year of collaboration.
All orders that are in my paypal payments received will be cut, weeded, packaged over the weekend.

store closed.gif

#438 4 years ago

I placed an order either yesterday or the day before. If I was too late, please just refund the payment and I do not mind if I have to eat the fees.

#439 4 years ago

Wait....what about the TFTC ones? And the ones i was going to order with them?

#440 4 years ago

Oh no, i just saw now that you made mention for me to order...but is was in a post that you were talking to somebody else too... So i didnt see it.

So you think you could let me place an order still?

#441 4 years ago

Any chance of ordering some Starwars DE and IJ decals?

#442 4 years ago

Sorry, store is closed. Already disconnected the machine.
I spent 5 hours weeding and cutting decals today. My neck feels like it was kicked lol.
And all orders are now shipped. All you placed orders will receive a paypal notification shortly.

#443 4 years ago

While I'm sorry to hear you have closed the store; I do understand the desire to get part of your life back.
Best of luck.

#444 4 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

While I'm sorry to hear you have closed the store; I do understand the desire to get part of your life back.
Best of luck.

Yeah, it was just way too time consuming. Also, my wife is pretty happy that she now has a new spot for her book shelf.

3 months later
#447 4 years ago

What does this mean?

#448 4 years ago
Quoted from KBRI1700:

What does this mean?

I edited my comment.. that is why it is blank I am still contemplating if I want to pull the machine back out. Just did not want to have to charge slightly more and ship slightly less often compared to before. I simply do not have the time to be a 24hr service.

#449 4 years ago

My Getaway would prob love some of your work and I wouldn't rush you

#450 4 years ago

I edited my comment.. that is why it is blank I am still contemplating if I want to pull the machine back out. Just did not want to have to charge slightly more and ship slightly less often compared to before. I simply do not have the time to be a 24hr service.

If you decide to pull the machine out; I am sure people would be accepting of a slower turnaround time for your shipments. As for charging more you have to cover your input costs, no one would expect you to run at a loss.

I would like to see your artwork on my Indiana Jones Pinball Adventure and Star Wars DE.

Currently I own/plan:
CFTBL - To be sent to the restorers
Star Wars DE - Couple of week away from completion at the restorers
IJ - Reserved to start work at the restorers in 2017
TAF - Reserved to start at the restorers in 2019

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 149.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
There are 470 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 10.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside