(Topic ID: 94651)

[[Business Sold]] - Custom Chrome Cap Decals [For LED Bumpers]....

By Jean-Luc-Picard

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 470 posts
  • 72 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by E_N_3
  • Topic is favorited by 38 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“I would like some JLP Pop Cap Decals even if they only ship every 2 weeks!”

• yes 11 votes
    92%
  • no 0 votes
  • Why not, after more beer! 1 vote
    8%

(12 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

metal-mods_promo_(resized).jpg
JLP_pins_(resized).jpg
store_closed.gif
image_2.jpeg
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg
tftc_rat.jpg
tftc_guillotine.jpg
tftc_bat.jpg
slap.gif
shutup.gif
BramStokerDracula.jpg
3.jpg
2.jpg
1.jpg
T2.jpg
There are 470 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 10.
#352 9 years ago
Quoted from NextoPin:

I'm thinking about having you make some that go inside the older opaque caps that have 100 or 1000 on them so when they are lit, you can see the number on the bumper cap, is that something you can do?

Yeah that would work, as well a neat idea. I would need to invert the decal so you see the number correctly. Since it is chrome, the light would then reflect backwards which may be nice. However, I would need that exact diameter of the circle.

#353 9 years ago

I am happy to do TWD, however I need dimensions. As well, if it is even possible. Stern has funky caps. Do the LED rings even fit on TWD?

#354 9 years ago

The Bond silhouette one looks awesome. I wish I had this pin just so I could use it.

I'll want to get the WWF one but the logo looks a little off. I'm not trying to be picky but it seems a little long compared to the traditional logo. I'm a huge wrestling fan so I might be a little snobby about it sorry lol.

#355 9 years ago
Quoted from phillymadison:

The Bond silhouette one looks awesome. I wish I had this pin just so I could use it.
I'll want to get the WWF one but the logo looks a little off. I'm not trying to be picky but it seems a little long compared to the traditional logo. I'm a huge wrestling fan so I might be a little snobby about it sorry lol.

Its all good, I know nothing about WWF I was not sure what logo to use as I found many versions online.

How about this?

WWF_2.jpgWWF_2.jpg

*** This will be converted to DE caps. This concept is currently on a Bally/William cap.

#356 9 years ago

I like that one a lot more

#357 9 years ago
Quoted from phillymadison:

I like that one a lot more

Sweet, Then I will make it so...

I assume the others are good to go. I will cut samples and add them to the store shortly.

#358 9 years ago

That Barracora is very cool! How about Cosmic Gunfight?

#359 9 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

That Barracora is very cool! How about Cosmic Gunfight?

Never played a Cosmic Gunfight. But, wow looks great. Would love to own one! I cant tell by the videos I found, is that a horse on the pop bumpers?

#360 9 years ago

Yes, a horse's head. I'm not crazy about those fancy caps on a space-themed game, plus mine has a broken one and they are made of unobtanium so would love to use your designs on regular caps.

cosmic pops.jpgcosmic pops.jpg

#361 9 years ago

Just confirming the previous designs for the people who requested them. If you can let me know if you are good to go. Rather not cut them all unless I have the green light.

Quoted from dothedoo:

Yes, a horse's head. I'm not crazy about those fancy caps on a space-themed game, plus mine has a broken one and they are made of unobtanium so would love to use your designs on regular caps.

Really cool machine. I notice planets. What if you had some saturn type planets for a design?

#362 9 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

What if you had some saturn type planets for a design?

I think that would be very cool....especially something like the planet on the lower playfield and right plastic.

1 week later
#363 9 years ago

WWF Logo Sketch:
WWF_2.jpg

WWF Logo Sketch:
WWF_2.jpg

You are my hero! Let me know when and where to order and I am all over these wwf ones! This is something i have been meaning to do for a while now and never got around to doing myself!

#364 9 years ago

Hey Jean Luc,
Any chance, now that you seem to be rocking the caps out again, that you could do one for the DE TFTC. It would be awesome to have a horror themed cap...perhaps giloteen (artwork in area has to do with it), or a grave stone, or whatever else you think might look cool.
I love the WWF ones and will be grabbing a set.
BTW, did you ever confirm the artwork fits a DE cap? I know that was a concern prior.
--Ed

#365 9 years ago
Quoted from E_N_3:

Hey Jean Luc,
Any chance, now that you seem to be rocking the caps out again, that you could do one for the DE TFTC. It would be awesome to have a horror themed cap...perhaps giloteen (artwork in area has to do with it), or a grave stone, or whatever else you think might look cool.
I love the WWF ones and will be grabbing a set.
BTW, did you ever confirm the artwork fits a DE cap? I know that was a concern prior.
--Ed

Hey Ed,

-Yep, I have the size set for DE caps. The Star Wars design on the site for example is fitted for DE. From what I remember the center is the same size but the out ring is much narrower.

-I will have the concepts I posted before added to the store next week. I was just waiting to get confirmation from the people who requested the designs before I add/cut them.

-Sure thing. I can add TFTC when I get to CG.

TODO:
1. Cosmic Gunfight
2. Tales From The Crypt

#366 9 years ago

Hey Jean-Luc-Picard, you really, really knocked it out of the park on this one!!! AWESOME!!! Thanks so much, can't believe I just got it finished in time for MGC next weekend!! Thanks againbarracora complete 007.JPGbarracora complete 007.JPG

#367 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballOrphanage:

Hey Jean-Luc-Picard, you really, really knocked it out of the park on this one!!! AWESOME!!! Thanks so much, can't believe I just got it finished in time for MGC next weekend!! Thanks again

They look great

Just to let everyone know. "PinballOrphanage" spray painted his decals purple chrome. Did not know it was possible, but apparently it is.

#368 9 years ago

if you don't experiment, you will never know!!!

barracora complete 003.JPGbarracora complete 003.JPG barracora complete 005.JPGbarracora complete 005.JPG
#369 9 years ago

Nice looking game, great job!

#370 9 years ago

TODO:
1. Cosmic Gunfight
2. Tales From The Crypt

You r-u-l-e !!!!!

#371 9 years ago

Just picked up a RFM. I am thinking.. LED rings RED top RED bottom with the AFM decals I have on the site will look great. Just need to set the LED ring to its lowest setting via the voltage pot. However, only 1 bumper will allow a LED ring. The one near the ramp will not work. I will let you all know how it works out. It should look great.

#372 9 years ago

I was looking at the WWF you created, and I think I see why it looks a little "different", as the "F" looks a little wider between the top and bottom lines of the "F", and I think the reason for this is because there is normally a beveled edge that makes it look a little more closed up. I found one that seems to accommodate for the lack of bevel. Any chance you might be able to use this "WWF" logo?

I also dropped the two versions together in to one pic, simply so you can see the them side-by-side

WWF Logo.gifWWF Logo.gif

compare .jpgcompare .jpg
#373 9 years ago
Quoted from E_N_3:

I was looking at the WWF you created, and I think I see why it looks a little "different", as the "F" looks a little wider between the top and bottom lines of the "F", and I think the reason for this is because there is normally a beveled edge that makes it look a little more closed up. I found one that seems to accommodate for the lack of bevel. Any chance you might be able to use this "WWF" logo?
I also dropped the two versions together in to one pic, simply so you can see the them side-by-side

That is actually the same logo I used. The portion you are seeing is the internal portion of the logo.

wwf.jpgwwf.jpg

The main issue is, I am unable to cut the outer border "black" as the center will fall out after it is cut without having any linkage points.

#374 9 years ago

Another option, is to modify it? Shift the F to compensate for the void.

wwf_2.jpgwwf_2.jpg

#375 9 years ago

Oh yeah shifting the F up a little makes it look a lot better. I didn't want to ask you to change it again lol

#376 9 years ago

I agree, the SHIFT UP of the "F" makes a TON of difference. Any chance it could move up a smidge more? If you don't feel like messing with it any more, I understand, and will happily buy whatever version is made. But I thought I would see if we couldn't make this great mod perfect!

#377 9 years ago
Quoted from E_N_3:

I agree, the SHIFT UP of the "F" makes a TON of difference. Any chance it could move up a smidge more? If you don't feel like messing with it any more, I understand, and will happily buy whatever version is made. But I thought I would see if we couldn't make this great mod perfect!

Absolutely I will update it soon. Hope to have these on the site as soon as I can. I have to balance other freelance on weekends. And I also have to fit my beer pinball time. lol

PS> Also remember, what looks like a 1/8" on these samples turn into a hair-line when scaled down. This one you will need to be careful when you remove it from the backing. It will have a lot of unstable areas. When I cut them, I will test it out. We may have to separate the top and bottom portion just a bit more so the divider doesn't coil up on us.

#378 9 years ago

Also... Good news... For U.S orders postage is now.... BATMAN!!

20150410_215803_resized.jpg20150410_215803_resized.jpg

#379 9 years ago

Also... Good news... For U.S orders postage is now.... BATMAN!!
20150410_215803_resized.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Your post promoted me to take a quick look if the there are any US stamps commemorating pinball but I couldn't find anything. Hard to believe considering that's it's an iconic part of American history - hopefully one day.

#380 9 years ago

I just had another idea, so I could add to my order list...lol. How about a set for Cyclone, which could also be used in Hurricane, and Comet. I thought a duck, a cat, and a rabbet shapes (one per cap). Add it to my list of ones that I am garuntee to buy!

#381 9 years ago
Quoted from E_N_3:

I just had another idea, so I could add to my order list...lol. How about a set for Cyclone, which could also be used in Hurricane, and Comet. I thought a duck, a cat, and a rabbet shapes (one per cap). Add it to my list of ones that I am garuntee to buy!

Sounds good, added to the list As well, I will have the others added soon. Between freelance and recently acquiring (2) more pins and one that I am shopping. Time really runs out quick.

#382 9 years ago

update: All new previous designs will be added to the store tomorrow. However, I will not have real sample photos. I will update the photo and replace the line drawings as I cut them. Possibility some of these designs no one will want, so rather not waste chrome.

#383 9 years ago

update: All new previous designs will be added to the store tomorrow. However, I will not have real sample photos. I will update the photo and replace the line drawings as I cut them. Possibility some of these designs no one will want, so rather not waste chrome.

did you get tot the Cyclone/Hurricane/Comet ones too?

#384 9 years ago
Quoted from E_N_3:

did you get tot the Cyclone/Hurricane/Comet ones too?

I am going to try and get you a design concept over my lunch break tomorrow

#385 9 years ago

cool - i imagine you can just use the artwork for the targets that can be found on ebay for Cyclone. As you can then just outline the cat, duck, and rabbet, and then they would match perfect with the game's artwork too.

#386 9 years ago
Quoted from E_N_3:

cool - i imagine you can just use the artwork for the targets that can be found on ebay for Cyclone. As you can then just outline the cat, duck, and rabbet, and then they would match perfect with the game's artwork too.

Sounds good, do note. It will need to be more of a silhouette. But I will try to get some detail if I can. I notice, the cat is the same cat used on Bad Cats.

#387 9 years ago

Store is now updated with:

- Indiana Jones [x3 Snakes, Whip, Gun, Hat]
- James Bond [Silhouette, Iris]
- WWF [Logo]

Currently, I am using the outlines. I will update the samples with real photos as they are cut.

#388 9 years ago

Just ordered 2 WWF ones

#389 9 years ago
Quoted from E_N_3:

Soo.. I was not able to include the entire body. When scaled down, they just look like blobs. For example the rabbits upper legs look like a strange growth protruding from his chest lol.

However, when I make them a "Silhouette Bust" it fits. Let me know if that works.

Updated: cyclone_cat.jpgUpdated: cyclone_cat.jpg
Updated: cyclone_rabbit.jpgUpdated: cyclone_rabbit.jpg
Updated: cyclone_duck.jpgUpdated: cyclone_duck.jpg

#390 9 years ago

my only comment would be is that the duck body could be brought down a bit. Right now you have it on like a 45degree angel, but the other two bodies end on more of s horizon. does that make sense?

#391 9 years ago
Quoted from E_N_3:

my only comment would be is that the duck body could be brought down a bit. Right now you have it on like a 45degree angel, but the other two bodies end on more of s horizon. does that make sense?

yep, absolutely. Will update that sometime today.

#392 9 years ago

Has anyone installed their Terminator 2 ones? And do you have pictures? Thanks

#393 9 years ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

Has anyone installed their Terminator 2 ones? And do you have pictures? Thanks

I have some photos of T2 on the first page. As well, I think a few T2 guys posted in the T2 club. That one is the most popular, it's the one that started all this madness.

T2.jpgT2.jpg

#394 9 years ago

Those are nice looking. When I get a led kit... I'll order these.

But.... would they still look decent if I didn't install the lighted bumpers?

#395 9 years ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

Those are nice looking. When I get a led kit... I'll order these.
But.... would they still look decent if I didn't install the lighted bumpers?

If you dont use the LED rings. The centers still look good. You may want to try the center first before you add the out-ring, but you can still use the entire thing with a LED center.

#396 9 years ago

PERFECT on the cyclone!

#397 9 years ago
Quoted from E_N_3:

PERFECT on the cyclone!

Cyclone added to store.

#398 9 years ago

Any luck on the tales from the crypt yet?

#399 9 years ago
Quoted from E_N_3:

Any luck on the Tales from the Crypt yet?

Will soon, only can do so many at a time. So many things on the plate. As well, I still have to hand weed all these as people order them which is very very time consuming. I sit with a tiny sharp tool and pull all the excess chrome out of each design by hand.

#400 9 years ago

Looking for a sj and bsd

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,059.00
$ 26.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 26.99
Playfield - Other
Lee's Parts

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 85.00
$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
86Pixels

4,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunakeszi
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 470 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/terminator-2-chrome-cap-decals-helps-with-led-caps/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.