(Topic ID: 94651)

[[Business Sold]] - Custom Chrome Cap Decals [For LED Bumpers]....

By Jean-Luc-Picard

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 470 posts
  • 72 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by E_N_3
  • Topic is favorited by 38 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“I would like some JLP Pop Cap Decals even if they only ship every 2 weeks!”

• yes 11 votes
    92%
  • no 0 votes
  • Why not, after more beer! 1 vote
    8%

(12 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

metal-mods_promo_(resized).jpg
JLP_pins_(resized).jpg
store_closed.gif
image_2.jpeg
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg
tftc_rat.jpg
tftc_guillotine.jpg
tftc_bat.jpg
slap.gif
shutup.gif
BramStokerDracula.jpg
3.jpg
2.jpg
1.jpg
T2.jpg
There are 470 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 10.
#51 9 years ago

Just installed these. Super easy install due to great instructions. Thanks Jean-Luc, these are a must for the brite-mod caps!

#52 9 years ago
Quoted from Spitfiren8:

Just installed these. Super easy install due to great instructions. Thanks Jean-Luc, these are a must for the brite-mod caps!

Awesome! Super happy they worked out for you

#53 9 years ago

Nice work. I think for the right game, this is a good solution to use with ring LED pop caps.

#54 9 years ago
Quoted from Robotoes:

Nice work. I think for the right game, this is a good solution to use with ring LED pop caps.

Yeah, really need to match the themes. I ordered some LED-Rings for my ST:TNG and I have chrome cannons so I think a star trek insignia will work great for the design. Can also use Red Chrome instead of silver. Also will be making decals for LED-caps on Fishtales "Green or Blue chrome". Just got the caps in the mail so will design the decals sometime next week. Personally, I can not use these LED caps without the decals. The LED's are too bright by themselves.

1 week later
#55 9 years ago

pmed you to buy a set.

#56 9 years ago

Just added ST: TNG cap decals & Williams Decal to the first thread

2 weeks later
#57 9 years ago

Just checking to see if all the international people received the decals and if they made it in one piece?

#58 9 years ago

hey bro i am from new zealand i got your terminator 2 decals last week thanks

#59 9 years ago
Quoted from kimzone:

hey bro i am from new zealand i got your Terminator 2 decals last week thanks

WOOT! Glad to hear they made it.

#60 9 years ago

Do you think you could do some with the bolt from Black Knight 2000? Either a single one, or a circle of them like the lightning wheel?

bolts.jpgbolts.jpg

#61 9 years ago

Very cool man.

#62 9 years ago
Quoted from NextoPin:

Do you think you could do some with the bolt from Black Knight 2000? Either a single one, or a circle of them like the lightning wheel?

Sounds awesome. I will try something tonight. It may be better with a single bolt but I will see what I can do. The more I cut the more unstable the vinyl gets and the more difficult it is to apply to the cap.

#63 9 years ago

I was thinking the Williams W in the center and the bolts around the edge but it kind of defeats the purpose of the decal and looking at your application instructions it would be difficult to line it up. Thanks for looking into it, I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

#64 9 years ago
Quoted from NextoPin:

I was thinking the Williams W in the center and the bolts around the edge but it kind of defeats the purpose of the decal and looking at your application instructions it would be difficult to line it up. Thanks for looking into it, I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Yeah, I thought of that as well. But the out ring is not that wide, it would make the outer ring buckle and be really hard to apply to the cap. As well, you would still be blinded by the light if we have bolt holes in it

I made 2 examples. The second one may or may not work. I have to test cut it first, but I think it will hold up. You will just have to be careful and use a bit more windex than normal.

To view, click the image path below.

#65 9 years ago

Let me know if either of them work for you and I can cut them.

#66 9 years ago
Quoted from NextoPin:

I agree on the bolt. I'd like to see 2 lightning bolts and 1 BK Helmet in a set

#67 9 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

I agree on the bolt. I'd like to see 2 lightning bolts and 1 BK Helmet in a set

The BK Helmet will be tricky. Since this area is very small I have to simplify this a lot. Let me know if this works.
If this works, I can cut some examples and offer them. Same price, and you can pick the ones you like.

*See image link below

#68 9 years ago

These look great! I've been thinking about buying the britecaps...you just made up my mind.

When I get my T2 pin in and all the caps. I'll need a set for STTNG & T2 Do you think you could make a set for X-Files with a Blue or purple chrome? I'll be wanting a set of those as well. Something with the trademark X in the center?

#69 9 years ago

I can make custom designs to fit your pin yep The chrome vinyl that I have is the best choice because it is chrome underneath, however my blue,green,red are not. May just be because of different manufactures. But, if possible I recommend staying with standard chrome. You get the most reflection, other colors are darker and absorb light. And to be honest when you play the machine you don't really see "silver/chrome" You see the colors from the LED's and the lights near the caps more.

#70 9 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

I can make custom designs to fit your pin yep The chrome vinyl that I have is the best choice because it is chrome underneath, however my blue,green,red are not. May just be because of different manufactures. But, if possible I recommend staying with standard chrome. You get the most reflection, other colors are darker and absorb light. And to be honest when you play the machine you don't really see "silver/chrome" You see the colors from the LED's and the lights near the caps more.

Sounds good, I'll be placing an order soon. So far I like what I see in the pics. If they look that good in my machines, I'll be ordering some sets for 6 other pins.....well maybe 5, I can't mess with KISS to much.

#71 9 years ago
Quoted from videorob:

Something with the trademark X in the center?

Modified the logo a bit, had to widen the gaps and smooth it out. But how about something like this for x-files.

*Click Image Path below

#72 9 years ago

Reason I am not embedding the images. I rather keep my wire-frames less noticeable for tempted thieves. But I also dont want to waste my blade/vinyl on concepts that may not be desired/wanted. When we have some people who want them I will then cut examples and add them to the list. All I need is one person to give me green light on a concept and they will be added.

#73 9 years ago

Modified the logo a bit, had to widen the gaps and smooth it out. But how about something like this for X-files.
*Click Image Path below

xfiles.jpg 7 KB

That looks perfect. When I get everything in, I'll place an order.
Thanks!!!

#74 9 years ago

Any ideas for IJ. I just added those pop bumper ring lights and I need something to tone them down. BTW, my T2 looks great now..Thanks. The best $7 I spent on anything pinball related!

#75 9 years ago

Ahhh been trying to get an IJ. I have my shadow for sale and I have to wait for it to sell first. Indiana Jones is my Holy Grail machine. The pop's are near the plane. Maybe a propeller. Or 3 skulls. 3 Indiana head silhouettes. I vote skulls.?

#76 9 years ago

I just made a page for future orders. No longer need to PM me for paypal information. The only thing different is I no longer can send as gift. So, I calculated the PayPal fee into the price.

http://jean-luc-picard.com

#77 9 years ago
Quoted from msj2222:

Any ideas for IJ. I just added those pop bumper ring lights and I need something to tone them down. BTW, my T2 looks great now..Thanks. The best $7 I spent on anything pinball related!

If not a skull, how about Brotherhood of the Cruciform Sword Insignia?

Brotherhood of the Cruciform Sword.jpgBrotherhood of the Cruciform Sword.jpg

i9.jpgi9.jpg

Indiana Jones - Crusades-108.jpgIndiana Jones - Crusades-108.jpg

Kazim.pngKazim.png

#78 9 years ago

Yeah, I thought of that as well. But the out ring is not that wide, it would make the outer ring buckle and be really hard to apply to the cap. As well, you would still be blinded by the light if we have bolt holes in it
I made 2 examples. The second one may or may not work. I have to test cut it first, but I think it will hold up. You will just have to be careful and use a bit more windex than normal.
To view, click the image path below.

BlackKnight_2000.jpg 24 KB

Man, If you just made 1 then I wouldn't have to decide. Then I scroll down and there's another one! It's like being in the beer isle at the store! Look at this pic, see the yellow art around the pop bumpers? Is that something you can work with?

http://www.hihosoft.at/bk2k_flippermarkt/62.JPG

I LOVE both the bolt ones, the helmet is so so, but that's because of how it has to be made more than your skills. I'll be ordering some for sure, just want to see what you can come up with for that bumper art. Maybe that yellow pointy ring with a bolt in the center?

These are great, I think you will do well selling them.

Reason I am not embedding the images. I rather keep my wire-frames less noticeable for tempted thieves. But I also dont want to waste my blade/vinyl on concepts that may not be desired/wanted. When we have some people who want them I will then cut examples and add them to the list. All I need is one person to give me green light on a concept and they will be added.

Watermark them with your website name.

Post edited by NextoPin: forgot link duh.

#79 9 years ago

Oh, and on the one with the 6 bolts, can you show me what it would look like with just 4 bolts? Thanks!

Definitely buy some, just need to decide. Thanks again for making these available.

#80 9 years ago
Quoted from NextoPin:

Watermark them with your website name.

Yeah, I will do that today. Thanks for the reminder.

Quoted from NextoPin:

Man, If you just made 1 then I wouldn't have to decide. Then I scroll down and there's another one! It's like being in the beer isle at the store! Look at this pic, see the yellow art around the pop bumpers? Is that something you can work with?

http://www.hihosoft.at/bk2k_flippermarkt/62.JPG

I LOVE both the bolt ones, the helmet is so so, but that's because of how it has to be made more than your skills. I'll be ordering some for sure, just want to see what you can come up with for that bumper art. Maybe that yellow pointy ring with a bolt in the center?

These are great, I think you will do well selling them.

Ahh yeah, pretty limited with what I can cut out in terms of detail. However, the detail isn't the problem, its weeding tiny little areas and having a decal that won't tear or curl up the second you try and lay it down. But yeah, the helmet is simplistic, thats for sure

So you are thinking the circle with the 4 bolts sticking out. One reminder is we cant have any floating objects. Unless you use transfer paper or you apply the bolt separately. Otherwise you need to have a connection point.

#81 9 years ago

Yea, the yellow "bolt rings" might be difficult given the space. I would like to see a 4 bolt version of the other one you made, I think it will go nicely with the "Bolt Rings" on the playfield.

#82 9 years ago
Quoted from NextoPin:

Yea, the yellow "bolt rings" might be difficult given the space. I would like to see a 4 bolt version of the other one you made, I think it will go nicely with the "Bolt Rings" on the playfield.

Post edited by Jean-Luc-Picard: Updated Design Below

#83 9 years ago

Great idea just ordered a few sets

#84 9 years ago

I spaced them out a bit compared to the 6 bolt design.

bk2k_4bolt.png 19 KB

I'm not being picky (I am, sorry) Can you place the bolts 90 degrees to each other? More like a + instead of an x but still 45 degrees rotated past the screw holes?

I'll be placing my order today, where's the best place to pickup the LED caps?

Thanks again for all your efforts.

#85 9 years ago

Not a problem, not picky. This is more balanced with the circle and makes more sense. Like this?
You can pick up the BriteCaps at PinballLife.
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3336

(4) bolt option added to the order page. I will update the photo with a real decal tonight.

Post edited by Jean-Luc-Picard: Bolt direction edited - See comments below

#86 9 years ago

Also, just wanted to make a note. I either cut/ship same day or within 48hrs. It all depends when I get home from work and am able to tackle orders. Now that we are using the order page I am able to mark your order shipped in paypal.

#87 9 years ago

Not a problem, not picky. This is more balanced with the circle and makes more sense. Like this?
You can pick up the BriteCaps at PinballLife.
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3336
(4) bolt option added to the order page. I will update the photo with a real decal tonight.

bk2k_4bolt_2.jpg 10 KB

I love it. It's exactly what I meant.

I'm going to have to order a set of each because I can't decide.

#88 9 years ago
Quoted from NextoPin:

I love it. It's exactly what I meant.

I'm going to have to order a set of each because I can't decide.

Sweet! Glad it worked out.

btw...

Just updated the page. If you visited it in the past hour you prob saw a bunch of weird S**t happening. lol, I was updating the html live. But, the little simple/crappy page is done.

I decided to call these things PCD's lol
248026.jpg248026.jpg

http://jean-luc-picard.com/

Added a menu, I have a feeling I will be doing more machines...

#89 9 years ago

Engage!

#90 9 years ago

Black Knight 2000 (4) Bolt example added to the Store Page.
Remember the photo is of the decal slightly bent so you get distortions. But everything is balanced, identical etc.

Post edited by Jean-Luc-Picard: Updated Bolt Direction - See Below

#91 9 years ago

You found your calling with this mod.

#92 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

You found your calling with this mod.

Make It So

#93 9 years ago

Nicely done JLP. Great idea. They look sahweet!

#94 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

Nicely done JLP. Great idea. They look sahweet!

Happy to help. Cuz when my pins take a dive I sure need the help

#95 9 years ago

Black Knight 2000 (4) Bolt example added to the Store Page.
Remember the photo is of the decal slightly bent so you get distortions. But everything is balanced, identical etc.

i10-704.jpg 27 KB

Can you make it so the bolts are all going in the same direction? It creates a funny asymmetrical shape in the middle.

#96 9 years ago
Quoted from NextoPin:

Can you make it so the bolts are all going in the same direction? It creates a funny asymmetrical shape in the middle.

lol, so many ways to position a lightning bolt haha.

Like this?

i10-792.jpgi10-792.jpg

#98 9 years ago

I think this would be awesome on F-14 as well. A bullseye target or an outline of the F-14?

Sorcerer would also look cool with these. Maybe the dragon head, a wand or something else from the playfield?

#99 9 years ago

Maybe this could be a solution for my High Speed cap issue???

#100 9 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

That does look better

Yep, I agree. Much better. I will update the cut example tonight.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
86Pixels

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Canfield, OH
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Corona, CA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.95
$ 1,059.00
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 26.99
Playfield - Other
Lee's Parts

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

$ 85.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

There are 470 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/terminator-2-chrome-cap-decals-helps-with-led-caps/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.