(Topic ID: 94651)

[[Business Sold]] - Custom Chrome Cap Decals [For LED Bumpers]....

By Jean-Luc-Picard

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 470 posts
  • 72 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by E_N_3
  • Topic is favorited by 39 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“I would like some JLP Pop Cap Decals even if they only ship every 2 weeks!”

• yes 11 votes
    92%
  • no 0 votes
  • Why not, after more beer! 1 vote
    8%

(12 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 181 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

metal-mods_promo_(resized).jpg
JLP_pins_(resized).jpg
store_closed.gif
image_2.jpeg
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg
tftc_rat.jpg
tftc_guillotine.jpg
tftc_bat.jpg
slap.gif
shutup.gif
BramStokerDracula.jpg
3.jpg
2.jpg
1.jpg
T2.jpg

There are 470 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 10.
#451 3 years ago
Quoted from KBRI1700:

I am sure people would be accepting of a slower turnaround time for your shipments. As for charging more you have to cover your input costs, no one would expect you to run at a loss.

Agreed.

Jean-Luc, don't stop making these!

#452 3 years ago

The cutting portion is not the time consuming part. To shed some light on how these are made. I take a small sharp tweezers and carefully pull out all the negative portions of the designs. It's pretty crazy how much time it can consume. I will keep an eye on the poll to determine if I bring this back or not.

#453 3 years ago
Quoted from KBRI1700:

If you decide to pull the machine out; I am sure people would be accepting of a slower turnaround time for your shipments. As for charging more you have to cover your input costs, no one would expect you to run at a loss.

AGREED!

I am still kicking myself that I didn't grab the ones I wanted before you stopped. I would definitely be in for different sets.

#454 3 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

The cutting portion is not the time consuming part. To shed some light on how these are made. I take a small sharp tweezers and carefully pull out all the negative portions of the designs. It's pretty crazy how much time it can consume. I will keep an eye on the poll to determine if I bring this back or not.

Could you ship them with the negative portions left in and instructions regarding how/what to remove?

#455 3 years ago
Quoted from rviguet:

Could you ship them with the negative portions left in and instructions regarding how/what to remove?

Yeah... I wouldn't mind pulling them apart myself

#456 3 years ago
Quoted from rviguet:

Very good chance you will accidentally tear a portion of the design. It happens to me often and I have to re-cut a decal. It would be pretty crappy to buy a decal and then accidentally ruin it. It is very easy to accidentally ruin them btw.

#457 3 years ago

However, If they were cheaper (not that they were expensive); I'd be willing to take the risk if it meant you'd go back in biz on them.
I totally get the work aspects... you have to price the product to make it worth your while to spend time making the product.

#458 3 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

However, If they were cheaper (not that they were expensive); I'd be willing to take the risk if it meant you'd go back in biz on them.
I totally get the work aspects... you have to price the product to make it worth your while to spend time making the product.

I have this overwhelming feeling that people will get frustrated if I offer decals that are not ready to apply. You need to pull the decal in the correct direction or the vinyl will rip. I get use to the patterns and shapes where I know how to bend the cut. If you bend without a fluid flow you will tear a corner. I ruined so many decals till I figured out the correct flow to pull. Even after I got it down, I would still sometimes ruin an edge. I then throw it away and cut a new decal for the customer and re-weed it till its acceptable. Some designs have so many tiny parts that I cant breathe when I start pulling the negative portions. It's tedious.

#459 3 years ago

Well...count me in for a bunch of the cut/peeled sets....and I in no way mind delays....

#460 3 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

I have this overwhelming feeling that people will get frustrated if I offer decals that are not ready to apply. You need to pull the decal in the correct direction or the vinyl will rip. I get use to the patterns and shapes where I know how to bend the cut. If you bend without a fluid flow you will tear a corner. I ruined so many decals till I figured out the correct flow to pull. Even after I got it down, I would still sometimes ruin an edge. I then throw it away and cut a new decal for the customer and re-weed it till its acceptable. Some designs have so many tiny parts that I cant breathe when I start pulling the negative portions. It's tedious.

quality > quantity

sounds like you need an Asian factory full of female workers (is it a myth that they are good with repetitive detail oriented tasks?)

2 months later
#461 3 years ago

But I need a set for my T2!

1 month later
#462 3 years ago

UPDATE: The chrome cap decals will be back in production. I sold the business to my friend. The new store will be up soon.

NEW STORE: www.metal-mods.com

I am no longer associated with this product, however my friend Jason will do an excellent job.

You can contact Jason for requests while he gets his store front set up.
Please email him at jason@metal-mods.com

#463 3 years ago

Congrats on the sale of your company! It's a nice thing you did to keep these rolling out. Looking forward to them!

#464 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Congrats on the sale of your company! It's a nice thing you did to keep these rolling out. Looking forward to them!

Sounds like Jason has many more new designs he wants to offer. He will also work on new designs on request. However, you need to email him for now as he will not be commenting or monitoring this thread. He should be starting a new thread with his new mod company and when that happens I will post the URL to the new thread.

Best of luck to Jason and all of you as well. Jason is a great friend of mine, and has helped me in the hobby since I started. He is an extremely knowledgeable PinTech, Metal Worker, Electrician... you name it. He has many new and exciting mods to come, not just chrome caps.

#465 3 years ago

Awesome! Hope this works out well for both of you. Thanks for the update, JLP.

2 weeks later
#468 3 years ago

The new store is officially up, a big thanks to Jean-Luc-Picard for making that happen!

NEW STORE: http://www.metal-mods.com

Or email me: jason@metal-mods.com

metal-mods_promo_(resized).jpg

#470 3 years ago

Awesome!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus
$ 209.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 30.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Trade
Sale Pending!
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Apparel - Unisex
ArcadeMade
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 5.00
$ 40.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
€ 12.50
Playfield - Plastics
Multigame
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 470 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 10.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside