(Topic ID: 284817)

Terminator 2 cannon not firing, need help.

By rtotans

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Manny65
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

T2 cannon switches (resized).jpg
20191213_121929 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rtotans.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

I have a beautiful T2 that the cannon stop firing. It works in test mode but that's it. I tried swtiching driver boards and that didn't fix it. Any suggestions of what it could possibly be. Tried several things. I could use some advice at this point. Thanks and Happy New Years!!!

#5 3 years ago

thanks for the repsonses. Yes the cannon is home and I believe the cannon knows its loaded becasue it does move after the ball goes in.

1 week later
#8 3 years ago

Sorry I was dealing with some medical issues with my daughter and didn't look at this post or anything else for that matter. Yeah It's still not working and I need to do some trouble shooting. I'm going to look at the game tomorrow. I really want this up and running. Its a beautiful game I appreciate your help .

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Hope your daughter is ok - pinball can wait.

So the issue is when the cannon is loaded and swings out, pulling the trigger does not fire the ball - right? Does pulling the trigger to launch a ball into play work? Is the issue intermittent or every time? When you say "it works in test mode" what part are you referring to as works?

Thank you. She is doing ok. So yes the ball shoots out every time without issue. However when the cannon is loaded its not shooting. At first I believe it shot most of the time, now it doesn't work at all

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

When you do the gun test in test mode and the cannon swings around to the targets, does the "at mark" switch work? You can only fire the cannon while it is "at mark" where the cannon is pointing towards the targets (it stops people firing the cannon too early and damaging the skull or other plastics). Check that the switch is actually working, as it's possibly a broken wire/solder joint at the switch or a failed switch. The switch is on the underside of the playfield, it's the roll over switch under the cannon gearbox. Go into switch test mode and check that the switch is working (you may need to firstly move the cannon into a position whereby you can test the switch) or alternatively you could use the gun test mode move the canon into position and then manually test the switch works.

I'm going to try it in test mode again and see whats happening. I had a person helping me, so I need to see for myself. thx

#15 3 years ago

I dont know if this helps or not... When the ball s in the cannon and you try and shoot, of course it doesn't work, but after it goes all the way down, it just shoots the ball out of it. Does this eliminate anything, or add something to look at? thanks for your help.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.95
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.99
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 21.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Harrisburg, PA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 27.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rtotans.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/terminator-2-cannon-not-firing-need-help?tu=rtotans and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.