• 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Nethawk86
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180326_015018.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nethawk86.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

T2 was working fine when I picked it up but parts were utterly destroyed throughout. Bought full complete flipper assembly's from pinball life (https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=717) as well as new drop target assembly, complete stand-up targets set, lamp sockets, flipper leaf switches, ball launcher assembly and coil, cherry switch in gutter. It had 30 coils in it before but i now replaced them with 29s. Hooked everything all up as it should be and left flipper immediately blows fuse upon hitting the flipper button. Checked 101 and 102 fuses and replaced both just for kicks with the required 2.5 slowblows. Left flipper still blows immediately upon hitting the button and right flipper blows fuse when holding button down. Trigger on gun also does not operate right when in "shoot the hk mode" but works fine all other times. It won't fire until way after it's pressed. Right flipper also sometimes can be activated during non play when hitting the flipper button. Again, all this stuff was fine before, besides the right flipper being activated when hitting the button on non use, that was happening before and thought this would solve it. Ive exhausted all forms of wiring and common sense.

20180326_015018.jpg20180326_015018.jpg

#4 6 years ago

Again, everything worked fine before swapping parts. All wiring is exactly the same as before. I will check voltages and post back. I wouldn't put electronics to go bad Willy nilly so it could be an IC or relay went bad after i fired it backup from sitting for a couple months dead. Could also be a bad flipper coil they sent me, have had that happen on new things too many times to not rule that out.

#8 6 years ago

I think I figured it out...just have to pick up some diodes. I think I fried the diodes on the one flipper when I first wired these up and is why the left flipper is dead and blows immediately. Still issue with right flipper when held down blowing fuse. Thinking it might be gapped wrong? Early T2s were shipped with 29s and many still use them, 30s were later used due to prevent excessive bumper and plastic damage overtime.

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmike:

29's are stronger than 30's..The lower the number the stronger the coil will be.The correct voltage should be +.50v and anything over that will cause fuses to blow.

Correct, thats what I was saying they started with 29's but later switched to 30's due to prevent excessive playfield part wear since the 29's were higher power.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
$ 26.50
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Boards
Slap Save Creations

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
$ 21.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nethawk86.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/terminator-2-blowing-fuses?tu=nethawk86 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.