Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Patofnaud
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

I just got a T2 from a guy who said it was HUO in his house since day one. Well he must have been running an arcade from his house, this game looks like it has been used and abused. The only good thing is the playfield is in good shape with no wear it's just filthy.

I have been looking around for plastics and decals and can't seem to find anything. Is there just nothing out there for these games or am I missing something.

#2 5 years ago

HUO can be beated as much as routed one , my T2 came from an old guy who had it in his basement for 12 years , that machine was in a really bad shape , everything was filthy , rubber was all dryed , a lot of thing to change , but good to me the cabinet was really nice and under that old mylar the PF was like a new one .... some people just dont take care of their machine ...

Mike

#3 5 years ago

What do you need?? Do things need to be replaced or just cleaned?? You would be surprised how well a game will just clean up. I also recommend LED lighting in that machine.

#4 5 years ago

T2 plastics are very easy the find , try bestofpinball or pinballcenter , they have most of em

#5 5 years ago

I got one in similar condition. It had damage to the right ramp, and the terminator head had been shot by the cannon who knows how many times.
All the plastics that break are pretty easy to find. I'm having trouble getting the square t-800 head over the left ramp. Both my ramp turnaround plastics were flat out missing.

LEDs and a good cleaning on the bottom of the inserts made the game look amazing. As long as the playfield is in good shape, it'll clean up real nice.

#6 5 years ago

I pretty much need all new plastics they are pretty yellow. It could use a front cabinet decal and a translight as it has a few nicks

I have cleaned an broken down a few games in the past and definitely know what a good cleaning will do which I find fun anyway. It just drives me crazy sine it wasn't what he said it was it was an eBay auction that we negotiated offline (stupid move) but he had good feedback and the pics were great. I find out by looking back at the auction it was a different game. It definitely was a route game it looks like somebody drilled the front out to breaking not it and then filled it with wood and touched it up. Whatever I live and learn most of my games were local pickups I took a chance with this one. Nothing a little cash can't fix unfortunately.

Thanks for the advice guys. Hopefully I can grab everything I need.

#7 5 years ago

try to clean the plastics. T2 should have a diamond plate PF so it should clean up. I bought a Demo man that looked awful was amazing what a little cleaning did.

#8 5 years ago

Yeah the playfield was the least of my worries. I will post some before and after pics if anybody's interested

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from mmr61184:

I will post some before and after pics if anybody's interested

Please do...

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from mmr61184:

I pretty much need all new plastics they are pretty yellow.

Novus 1 should clean them up a bit.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside