Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 51 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

008242265744 (resized).jpg
    344C5454-E4E4-4994-BAA4-443AA47BCAC9 (resized).jpeg
    12410FEA-B05C-437E-B702-F3646E74F733 (resized).jpeg
    5CAF1DD9-9778-4D0A-A215-8C9558512374 (resized).jpeg
    91DD2802-9287-45C6-B901-9CBA506651F3 (resized).jpeg
    CD0DE67D-719A-44B7-815F-E5676ECF5DB8 (resized).jpeg
    3DAEE787-5D32-4F8A-96E2-954956BA4C12 (resized).jpeg
    B077167C-0387-4A1A-B6EB-EFE0D8511E68 (resized).jpeg
    39B18958-68F6-4B39-9757-E53AB0830FD2 (resized).jpeg
    28820A7C-177B-4168-83A5-A9EC9C893CCD (resized).jpeg
    F5EFAC5E-DA79-44B4-8541-059ACA2D3C27 (resized).jpeg
    A4101C43-D97E-47FF-A618-422E15E23F8C (resized).jpeg
    tequila (resized).jpg
    There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 4 years ago

We've had topics with beer and whiskey, but no tequila. So here it is.

Besides this being the best damn tequila I've ever had, can anyone tell me what's wrong with the bottle in this picture?

I just drink this neat. It's that good. Casamigos Reposado

What's your Favorite?

tequila (resized).jpgtequila (resized).jpg
    #2 4 years ago

There's no worm

#3 4 years ago
    Quoted from bigdaddy07:

can anyone tell me what's wrong with the bottle in this picture?

It’s half empty?

#4 4 years ago
    Quoted from Buzz:

There's no worm

Actually, the worm is typically found in mezcal and its a misconception that its in tequila.

#5 4 years ago
    Quoted from Oaken:

It’s half empty?

Very close...

#6 4 years ago

Back when I drank tequila I was a fan of reposados in general and Corzo specifically. Price wasn’t crazy and was pretty delicate on the palate.

I will dwell on it tonight and see if I can come up with others.

#7 4 years ago

Tequila is a fun poison. Drink, throw up, fall asleep, next day, more Tequila! (Holiday in P.V., your results may vary)

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Actually, the worm is typically found in mezcal and its a misconception that its in tequila.

Yes. Mezcal is where the magic happens. You know it's good when you buy it off the side of the road.

#9 4 years ago
    Quoted from Anonymouse:

Mezcal is where the magic happens. You know it's good when you buy it off the side of the road.

And when you shake it, you see things floating in it. Like dust or flakes, not the worm. Then you know you are getting the good stuff.

LTG : )

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

Tequila is a fun poison. Drink, throw up, fall asleep,

An oldie but a goodie. LTG : )

#11 4 years ago

I love sipping good tequila... here a picture from Guadalajara 10 days ago.

A4101C43-D97E-47FF-A618-422E15E23F8C (resized).jpegA4101C43-D97E-47FF-A618-422E15E23F8C (resized).jpeg
    #12 4 years ago

I like Tequila !
    I’ve collected about 80-90 over the last 15 years.

F5EFAC5E-DA79-44B4-8541-059ACA2D3C27 (resized).jpegF5EFAC5E-DA79-44B4-8541-059ACA2D3C27 (resized).jpeg
    #13 4 years ago

Party at your house this weekend. Woo hoo!

#14 4 years ago
    Quoted from Oaken:

It’s half empty?

it's half full

1 tequila
    2 tequila
    3 tequila
    floor

#15 4 years ago
    Quoted from ultimategameroom:

I’ve collected about 80-90 over the last 15 years.

I wouldn't mind hanging out at your place. I would love to try a bit of each one. Sadly , everytime I attempt to establish a liquor collection of any kind, it just never works out.

#17 4 years ago

Why did the man push his wife off the roof??

Ta killa

#18 4 years ago

I love tequila as well! Following this thread!

My next door neighbors moved to the US from Mexico 35+ years ago. They still have family in parts of Mexico that they visit, so they are often times bringing back tequila from their trips. Some of the most amazing tequila I have ever had, has been some homemade stuff that was bought on the side of the road that just had a paper sticker on it with a handwritten 'Tequila' on it. There is some sediment you can see at the very bottom, but it's smooth as silk and can get you in trouble as it does go down so well.
    It's also interesting in that sometimes there is a difference in the version you buy in the USA vs the same brand in Mexico. We just tried El Jimador purchased in Mexico, and it's definitely smoother then what you buy here.
    I probably have 7-10 varieties in the house at any one time, and have tried 150+.

#19 4 years ago

While experimenting with various alcohols tequila is the only one that when too much is consumed. Your senses will allow more tequila to go past your lips.

Throw up on some alcohols and at a later date you decide to try them again, 'Yes! it is time to test that Rum', nose gets a whiff of the rum, and your brain signals to get your mouth away from that drink. Navy Rum, cheap Scotch, Ever Clear, Southern Comfort, to name a few.

#20 4 years ago

Don't really care as long as it's Blanco and in OJ and a little grenadine

#21 4 years ago

Here is a topic on can get into! One of the best right here.
    28820A7C-177B-4168-83A5-A9EC9C893CCD (resized).jpeg28820A7C-177B-4168-83A5-A9EC9C893CCD (resized).jpeg

#22 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Don't really care as long as it's Blanco and in OJ and a little grenadine

Too much sugar there for me unfortunately.

Neat or one ice ball is my general preference.

#23 4 years ago

Always drink good tequila neat. Putting ice in it shuts down all the other flavors and only brings out the alcohol taste.

#24 4 years ago

You know you have to many Margaritas when you return to the freezer for more strawberries, and find that the last bag has been used. You then pick up that bag of frozen mixed vegetables, and think, 'Hmmm, Why not!'

#25 4 years ago

I have about 80 or so tequilas and have been collecting for 20 years. My absolute favorite is Don Julio Real and a close second is Herradura Selccion Suprema. Both are pricey but well worth it.

My favorite inexpensive tequila is Chamucos. Just started importing here to the US recently. Has strong hints of vanilla and the coolest label. And, about only 30 bucks. I’d tou can find it, I highly recommend it.

39B18958-68F6-4B39-9757-E53AB0830FD2 (resized).jpeg39B18958-68F6-4B39-9757-E53AB0830FD2 (resized).jpeg
    #26 4 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

My absolute favorite is Don Julio Real and a close second is Herradura Selccion Suprema. Both are pricey but well worth it.
    My favorite inexpensive tequila is Chamucos.[quoted image]

I really want to try these but haven’t wanted to dish out the cash for a bottle of these (price of cheap pinball!)

I’ve been drinking don julio 1942 and JC reserva de la familia and those have been good enough for me... I will keep an eye out for Chamucos.

#27 4 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

I have about 80 or so tequilas and have been collecting for 20 years. My absolute favorite is Don Julio Real and a close second is Herradura Selccion Suprema. Both are pricey but well worth it.
    My favorite inexpensive tequila is Chamucos. Just started importing here to the US recently. Has strong hints of vanilla and the coolest label. And, about only 30 bucks. I’d tou can find it, I highly recommend it.[quoted image]

I'll have to check the state store website to see if I can order it. Never came across this in the wild. Damn Pennsylvania liquor laws.

#28 4 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

My favorite inexpensive tequila is Chamucos. Just started importing here to the US recently. Has strong hints of vanilla and the coolest label. And, about only 30 bucks. I’d tou can find it, I highly recommend it.[quoted image]

My brother in law swears by this one. (Chamucos)

#29 4 years ago
    Quoted from danczaz:

I really want to try these but haven’t wanted to dish out the cash for a bottle of these (price of cheap pinball!)
    I’ve been drinking don julio 1942 and JC reservations de la familia and those have been good enough for me... I will keep an eye out for Chamucos.

1942 is exquisite! Reserva de la familia is not my favorite but is good. I checked and had a bottle from 2003.

First pic are my two favs. 2nd pic are a few that you can not get here in the states but are beyond worth searching out. Look out for Don Fulano, Cava Antigua, Las Mandamas, and Orendain. Orendain is like 8 bucks a bottle and is the house tequila for margaritas at Panchos Backyard in Cozumel. In my opinion, still the best margarita in the world.
    B077167C-0387-4A1A-B6EB-EFE0D8511E68 (resized).jpegB077167C-0387-4A1A-B6EB-EFE0D8511E68 (resized).jpeg3DAEE787-5D32-4F8A-96E2-954956BA4C12 (resized).jpeg3DAEE787-5D32-4F8A-96E2-954956BA4C12 (resized).jpeg

#30 4 years ago

Double post

#31 4 years ago

Chamucos is the best! Years ago, my father in law and I went tasting in Zihuatanejo and the store gave us these kickass posters. Free poster and 500 buck frame sounds about right. Can’t wait to finish construction so I can get the bar set up and my art hung.

(Laying on Hook for size comparison)

CD0DE67D-719A-44B7-815F-E5676ECF5DB8 (resized).jpegCD0DE67D-719A-44B7-815F-E5676ECF5DB8 (resized).jpeg
    #32 4 years ago

Ay yi yi necesito hablar con mi abogado

#33 4 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

My favorite inexpensive tequila is Chamucos. Just started importing here to the US recently. Has strong hints of vanilla and the coolest label. And, about only 30 bucks. I’d tou can find it, I highly recommend it.

I'm going to have to find this one. Rates good with a palatable pricetag, plus a cool label.

#34 4 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

Chamucos is the best! Years ago, my father in law and I went tasting in Zihuatanejo and the store gave us these kickass posters. Free poster and 500 buck frame sounds about right. Can’t wait to finish construction so I can get the bar set up and my art hung.
    (Laying on Hook for size comparison)[quoted image]

Heading down to Ixtapa/Zihuatanejo in November for our yearly visit. I'm ready to get my drink on!

#35 4 years ago
    Quoted from dasvis:

Heading down to Ixtapa/Zihuatanejo in November for our yearly visit. I'm ready to get my drink on!

Have fun! Been a few years since I’ve been in that part of Mexico. Elvira’s in Zihua is fantastic and right on the beach. Awesome food and service. When we were last there the sea turtles were hatching so the staff were collecting them to release safely.

#36 4 years ago

How do tequilas age over the years? Do bottles give up a little to the angels and in turn it changes the taste?

I guess it applies to Scotch, Rum etc.

Most people don’t have the fortitude and resistance to leave the bottle alone.

You say?

#37 4 years ago
    Quoted from Nhpolarbear:

How do tequilas age over the years? Do bottles give up a little to the angels and in turn it changes the taste?
    Most people don’t have the fortitude and resistance to leave the bottle alone.
    You say?

Unfortunately no changes at all but they are all excellent to begin with.
    I always thought that the angels share relates to some minor evaporation or absorption into the barrel as the spirits are barrel aged. I’ve never heard of it mentioned after the bottling for sale to the consumer .

#38 4 years ago

Agreed. Angels drink from the barrel not the bottle. If the liquid in your bottle is slowly shrinking, investigate the gremlins...or brother in laws.

#39 4 years ago
    Quoted from Nhpolarbear:

Once out of the cask and into a bottle. They don't get better with age.

LTG : )

#40 4 years ago

If the bottle is sealed with a cap, the liquid inside can not age, and possibly including a bottle with a wax seal.
    Bottles sealed with cork can allow for the liquid inside to age, for example, wines.

Years ago my brother acquired 2 old bottles of Rye Whiskey. The unbroken tax band at the top was printed 1969. He swore it had aged in the bottle the 34 years as it sat unused. He was pissed when I told him it was still only a 5 year old whiskey. Liquors are not wines.

#41 4 years ago

Thanks. That’s where I heard the angels phrase: scotch distillers.

It just seems that if a spirit sits for years in the bottle the gremlins take a little.

Thanks to all. Cheers!

#42 4 years ago

Tequila- sent by the ancient Aztec gods to both benefit and punish mankind.
    My favorite liquor, all I ever really drink is Patron silver, so Im no connoisseur.
    For you pros, is their really that much of a difference between a 50 dollar bottle of Patron and, say, that 350 dollar bottle of Don Julio Real? I mean, for me to fork over that kind of cash there needs to be a genie that looks just like Barbara Eden in that bottle!
    Btw, that Chamucos poster is one of the coolest things Ive seen!

#43 4 years ago
    Quoted from Sinistarrett:

For you pros, is their really that much of a difference between a 50 dollar bottle of Patron and, say, that 350 dollar bottle of Don Julio Real?

I'm with you. There are some really fantastic tequilas in the 50-60 dollar range. I would love to know if a 350 bottle is that much better. Or maybe I don't want to know...

#44 4 years ago
    Quoted from Sinistarrett:

For you pros, is their really that much of a difference between a 50 dollar bottle of Patron and, say, that 350 dollar bottle of Don Julio Real? I mean, for me to fork over that kind of cash there needs to be a genie that looks just like Barbara Eden in that bottle!
    Btw, that Chamucos poster is one of the coolest things Ive seen!

Just one man's opinion, but in over 20 years of collecting tequila (I'm 42), the answer is "it depends." Tequila is not like bourbon in that price = quality. Because tequila has become hot over the last 15 years, you have seen bottlers use fancy expensive bottles to get price up or have simply raised prices. This is getting really technical, but you have to look at the NOM on the bottle of tequila to see who is actually distilling the tequila, and can go and see where stuff is really coming from. You can actually have the same tequila packaged up and sold under different labels and in different bottles.

So to answer your question directly, I am not a fan of Patron, Cuervo, etc (any variety or price tag). But, you have to find what you like. If I am making margaritas, I will use Orendain if I have it ($8/fifth) or El Jimador (both US or Mexican, which is 12-16 fifth). Sauza Tres Generaciones is great for $25-30 a fifth, Chamucos is awesome when you can find it, and you go from there. Moving up in price, 1942 is superb (better than Patron or Cuervo Reseva de la Familia) for a lesser price. Again, all about your taste.

Don Julio Real and Herradura Selección Suprema and the like are different stories. I love them, and can taste a big difference. Others may not.

I also buy a lot of decorative bottles, which tend to run more.

Thanks about the poster. Can't wait to hang it in the new place. It says in Spanish "When the sun comes up, we are out of here." Pretty cool in my opinion.

--Matt

#45 4 years ago

Some where between gin and Jack, I downed a whole bunch of tequila. That's all.

#46 4 years ago

I don't like Tequila as a drink. The song is great though. Especially for karaoke.

#47 4 years ago

Reposada is my poison when i occasionally drink spirits now a days. One or two fingers sipped neat. I tend to spend as much time breathing it in as sipping, much like gin.
    My go to bottle when others are here is always Espolon as it's about $60 a bottle here. I keep the good $100+ bottles for myself. Probably only drink one or two a month, but drink a slab of beer a day.

3 weeks later
    #48 4 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Reposada is my poison when i occasionally drink spirits now a days. One or two fingers sipped neat. I tend to spend as much time breathing it in as sipping, much like gin.
    My go to bottle when others are here is always Espolon as it's about $60 a bottle here. I keep the good $100+ bottles for myself. Probably only drink one or two a month, but drink a slab of beer a day.

You drink 24 12oz beers each day?
    Hopefully with help from others.

#49 4 years ago
    Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I'm with you. There are some really fantastic tequilas in the 50-60 dollar range. I would love to know if a 350 bottle is that much better. Or maybe I don't want to know...

Real is nice to have in a larger collection but not worth the cost in my opinion.
    1942 is my favorite sipper. It’s about $120 where I live but I picked up a few bottles many years ago for $85 and stashed them away. It’s nice to have a collection and do flights as each is so very different and special in its own way.
    Herradura or Tres Gen. are two of my favorites in the under $50 price point.

12410FEA-B05C-437E-B702-F3646E74F733 (resized).jpeg12410FEA-B05C-437E-B702-F3646E74F733 (resized).jpeg5CAF1DD9-9778-4D0A-A215-8C9558512374 (resized).jpeg5CAF1DD9-9778-4D0A-A215-8C9558512374 (resized).jpeg91DD2802-9287-45C6-B901-9CBA506651F3 (resized).jpeg91DD2802-9287-45C6-B901-9CBA506651F3 (resized).jpeg344C5454-E4E4-4994-BAA4-443AA47BCAC9 (resized).jpeg344C5454-E4E4-4994-BAA4-443AA47BCAC9 (resized).jpeg
    #50 4 years ago

My Favorite!

008242265744 (resized).jpg008242265744 (resized).jpg
    There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tequila and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.