10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by chad
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

So my Tenma Station went out last week. Had it for about 4 years. Here is what is does , adjusting the temp knob does nothing. The first 2 leds are lit , but no change in temp at all. The higher you turn it no leds advance, no heat. Took it apart and see a small circuit board with 3 chips thru hole style, and some small transistors to-42 style iirc . Cheaper to buy a new station or try to shot gun the items above , potentiometer as well?
    Thanks Chad

#2 10 years ago

You can test the pot with a DMM...

#3 10 years ago

I use a number of Tenma stations (the ones with the linear LEDs, not the digital read out). It is usually a broken wire in the handle. The entire handle/heater and tip assembly as I recall was all of $9.95.

1 week later
    #4 10 years ago
    Quoted from CactusJack:

I use a number of Tenma stations (the ones with the linear LEDs, not the digital read out). It is usually a broken wire in the handle. The entire handle/heater and tip assembly as I recall was all of $9.95.

Thanks for the tips/info. I will be looking into it.

#5 10 years ago

Mine acted up, cleaned the POT and working again.

#6 10 years ago
    Quoted from Out-West:

Mine acted up, cleaned the POT and working again.

Checked for broken wires, none found. I did test the pot both sides ,. and it showed 0 to about 820 ohms either way turned up and down. So, I will order a heat element.

#7 10 years ago

I have the one with the digital display. One day I turned on but never heated up, the display stayed at 72 degrees. It was the iron part that went bad. I bought another and a spare. They were only $9 for the replacements.

1 week later
    #8 10 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

So my Tenma Station went out last week. Had it for about 4 years. Here is what is does , adjusting the temp knob does nothing. The first 2 leds are lit , but no change in temp at all. The higher you turn it no leds advance, no heat. Took it apart and see a small circuit board with 3 chips thru hole style, and some small transistors to-42 style iirc . Cheaper to buy a new station or try to shot gun the items above , potentiometer as well?
    Thanks Chad

Just wanted to post an upate on this ....
    I did get the new heating iron assembly part and it works good now. I noticed the only thing is the led graph goes way hi even when the pot is set at a lower temperature. I can deal with this.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tenma-soldering-station and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.