(Topic ID: 82394)

Ten Years of www.aaarpinball.com (IJ,HS2,T2,FH,RBION,RS,WH2O,STTNG,WCS...)

By altan

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by altan
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CAM00690.jpg
#1 10 years ago

I was looking back and realized I've been doing my pinball (and vid) web site for over 10 years now! Wow... how the time flies.

Over the past 10 years I've written up a bunch of stuff regarding my pins, including IJ, HS2, T2, FH, RBION, RS, WH2O, WCS, Fire, Simpsons, CFTBL, SW, TZ...

Seems like yesterday I did a linux "strings" on the RBION rom to get all the Odditorium facts.

Check out my "old timer" site at

www.aaarpinball.com

if you have a moment and some interest.

(Someday I'll update to more modern HTML5/CSS/JS)

... Altan

#2 10 years ago

Will take a look, thx.

Russ

#3 10 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Will take a look, thx.

Hope you find something useful and/or interesting. Enjoy.

#4 10 years ago

Thought I'd share some interesting stats... Assuming my site stats are representative of pinside browsing habits (note: they very well may not be), then ...

55% of you guys run Windows
22% of you guys using iOS
14% of you use a Mac
6% of you use Android

... Altan

#5 10 years ago

Really enjoyed your High-speed write up, especially the way you show your problems with the table, and the steps your took to fix them. Great Job!

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from CapsLock42:

Really enjoyed your High-speed write up, especially the way you show your problems with the table, and the steps your took to fix them. Great Job!

Thanks CapsLock!

I'm glad you enjoyed the HS2 section. FWIW, the HS2 section is one of the weaker ones, so you should enjoy the other pages even more.

I think there is useful info about TZ (http://www.aaarpinball.com/TwilightZone/TwilightZone.htm) and STTNG (http://www.aaarpinball.com/STTNG/STTNG.htm), among the others. If you can stomach it (since it's a vid and not a pin!), I've been adding a bunch of stuff about an Area 51 Site 4 vid recently (http://www.aaarpinball.com/Area51Site4/Area51Site4.htm).

#7 10 years ago

did my first complete teardown on a TZ with the help of your site. made it much less stressful!

#8 10 years ago

I've referenced your site for both my White Water and IJ shop jobs. Thanks for taking the time to document your work; it helps all of us.

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from yoshootme:

did my first complete teardown on a TZ with the help of your site. made it much less stressful!

Great to hear it, yoshootme.

Quoted from TheShameGovernor:

I've referenced your site for both my White Water and IJ shop jobs. Thanks for taking the time to document your work; it helps all of us.

TheShameGovernor, you are very welcome.

Bottom line is that i learned much from the community, so since the beginning I've been trying to share what I've learned/done.

... Altan
www.aaarpinball.com

1 year later
#10 8 years ago

A little self promoting... Let me get that out of the way

I've been working on bringing my web site into 2015. It was originally authored with FrontPage 2003 (yup) and that tool was used for a long time. Let's just say it didn't generate the most modern HTML.

For the past 6 months I've slowly been working on removing all the crud that FrontPage added and embracing modern web approaches, such as responsive design. The result is that www.aaarpinball.com now looks great on traditional computers as well as mobile devices. To get an idea, you can open the page on your browser and then make the width smaller and smaller and see what happens. Or just look at it via a smartphone and a desktop. This isn't rocket science, it's using modern tools (bootstrap) that are available.

At www.aaarpinball.com I try and cover some/many of the things I do to my pins/vids. It currently has content for...

Pins:
Indiana Jones
Getaway
Terminator 2
FunHouse
Ripley's Believe It or Not!
Road Show
WhiteWater
Star Trek the Next Generation
World Cup Soccer 94
Fire!
The Simpsons
Creature from the Black Lagoon
Data East Star Wars
Twilight Zone
Revenge from Mars
Doctor Who

Vids:
Daytona 2
Super GT
Marble Madness
Atari Star Wars
RoadBlasters
Asteroids Deluxe
Area 51 Site 4
Tempest

This site exists purely to help out the hobby. Maybe something on there is interesting to you... www.aaarpinball.com

... Altan

Ok, I know the root page needs some different art... baby steps.

#11 8 years ago

One of these days I should do something like this. I get so much help out of other people's documentation maybe it would help someone else's.

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from Flake:

One of these days I should do something like this

I'd read it!

#13 8 years ago

I loved your Dylan article man !
CAM00690.jpgCAM00690.jpg

Seriously though, congratulations. I wish I possessed one tenth of your pinball knowledge.

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I loved your Dylan article man !

Hahah! AARP vs AAAR Pinball...

Quoted from Gryszzz:

Seriously though, congratulations. I wish I possessed one tenth of your pinball knowledge.

Thanks! This stuff isn't rocket science... I learned simply by doing and help from others.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

12,610 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mapleton, UT
Machine - For Sale
Boca Raton, FL
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ten-years-of-wwwaaarpinballcom and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.