Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by goatdan
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

I am doing up my first machine (Haunted House - why did I choose such a complex one!). I am stripping each playfield, cleaning & replacing (where necessary) all the parts. Most of the play fields are covered in Mylar which is in v good nick but there are a bunch of the usual worn areas outside the Mylar where it’s down to the wood

The problem is that I don’t have the skills to repaint these areas and so I want to clean up the playfield and get everything working really well....but leave the repainting to another day.

What should I do to avoid the wear getting even worse - put some Mylar down on the worn patches, just leave them or something else?

Thanks

#2 1 year ago

Leave them and wax the playfield. If the paint is loose, mylaring it will only serve to make the mylar pull up more of it later on.

Also, consider not repainting it. You definitely don't need to repaint every game, and they can still look great.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 55.00
$ 1,099.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
€ 15.00
Boards
FLIPPROJETS
$ 329.00
2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Melrose, FL
€ 8.40
€ 50.00
Boards
FLIPPROJETS
€ 8.10
Flipper Parts
Buthamburg
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Various Other Swag
Shoot Again Pinball
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 129.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside